Prado USA

6/11/2019 11:58am
FerCzD wrote:
Just stop it already. Prado stays in Europe. Is like asking if Marquez leaves MotoGP to American road series. Those guys stay in Europe
Just because MXGP riders have been beating us at MX lately, everyone seems to forget that the most prestigious dirt bike Championship in the world is...
Just because MXGP riders have been beating us at MX lately, everyone seems to forget that the most prestigious dirt bike Championship in the world is still the 450 Supercross Championship, And is still the big dream for many riders all over the world. It was also Jorge Prado's dream his entire childhood. That may have changed over the last couple of years, but I bet you when he goes to sleep and dreams, he is still dreaming of winning Anaheim 1 on a 450. Whether you MXGP die-hards believe it or not America is still overall (with SX and MX) the most prestigious of all dirt bike racing destinations.

Yes, I believe like a lot of you that MXGP has taken over the title of the most prestigious MX Championship in the world, but until they start getting 40-60,000 fans at all their races, SX will continue to be THE Championship to win.
"the most prestigious dirt bike Championship in the world is still the 450 Supercross Championship"

Hahahaha, keep telling yourself that. Supercross is the bottom-feeder's series, where they pander to people who neither know nor care what real motocross actually is. When I tell my friends I watch motocross, I specifically have to say "not that shit in the stadiums; I'm not a dumbass!" I'm not gonna be associated with that freak show any more than I'm gonna be associated with the X-Games.

Supercross is the NASCAR of dirt-bike racing, and that's no a compliment. When you pander to a crowd that needs to "sit up high and see the whole track," you've reached the bottom of the barrel.
DanDunes818
6/11/2019 1:24pm
agn5009 wrote:
Have you seen the MXGP class? It’s absolutely stacked. Herlings, Cairoli, Gajser, Febvre, Desalle, Nagl, Tonus, Jasikonas, Coldenoff, Bobryshev, Jonass, Lieber, Tixier, Paulin, Van Hoorbeek, Antsie...
Have you seen the MXGP class? It’s absolutely stacked. Herlings, Cairoli, Gajser, Febvre, Desalle, Nagl, Tonus, Jasikonas, Coldenoff, Bobryshev, Jonass, Lieber, Tixier, Paulin, Van Hoorbeek, Antsie, Strijbos etc etc. Do you honestly believe the AMA 450 class stacks up to THAT?

We have Hill, Noren, Waters, Locurcio, Lamay, Masterpool, Koga, Merriam etc battling for 10-20th Laughing

Get outta here with that nonsense that we’re more stacked than them Grinning

Enabler wrote:
I don't think we are more stacked than the GP's but certainly competitive. Roczen, Tomac, Osborne, Anderson, Musquin, Webb, Baggett, Ferris, Barcia, Bogle, Seely, Hill, Noren...
I don't think we are more stacked than the GP's but certainly competitive.

Roczen, Tomac, Osborne, Anderson, Musquin, Webb, Baggett, Ferris, Barcia, Bogle, Seely, Hill, Noren, Waters, Locurcio, Miller, LaMay.

That was the finishing order at Thunder Valley. I believe it stacks up nicely.
UpTiTe wrote:
Everyone from Baggett back would be lucky to be in the top 10.

Ferris best GP moto is a 12, there is your comparison.
Uptite, that is a completely unfair comparison and his "highest motio finish of 12th" was this year, off the streets on a foreign bike. He only did a little better at Hangtown and Pala. You know as well as anyone that Ferris was finishing inside the top 5 in MXGP when he was full time MXGP and healthy back in 2015.

It's obvious and I agree that MXGP is deeper than here, but it's not as lopsided as some want to make us believe.
SEMAC
6/11/2019 1:31pm
Who says SX is the most prestigios, maybe 10 years ago, none top european rider is coming to América any time soon
agn5009
6/11/2019 1:38pm
SEMAC wrote:
Who says SX is the most prestigios, maybe 10 years ago, none top european rider is coming to América any time soon
Ferrandis and Lawrence are two solid guys who came over. Prado ain’t out of the question at this point. He’s only 18 and working on his second MX2 title. I’d love to see it happen. He probably doesn’t even know whether or not he’s gonna do it.

The Shop

mx_563
6/11/2019 2:39pm
Just because MXGP riders have been beating us at MX lately, everyone seems to forget that the most prestigious dirt bike Championship in the world is...
Just because MXGP riders have been beating us at MX lately, everyone seems to forget that the most prestigious dirt bike Championship in the world is still the 450 Supercross Championship, And is still the big dream for many riders all over the world. It was also Jorge Prado's dream his entire childhood. That may have changed over the last couple of years, but I bet you when he goes to sleep and dreams, he is still dreaming of winning Anaheim 1 on a 450. Whether you MXGP die-hards believe it or not America is still overall (with SX and MX) the most prestigious of all dirt bike racing destinations.

Yes, I believe like a lot of you that MXGP has taken over the title of the most prestigious MX Championship in the world, but until they start getting 40-60,000 fans at all their races, SX will continue to be THE Championship to win.
I don't necessarily agree with all of the arguments presented by the "MXGP side", but I will say that I don't think you get to declare prestige. I think prestige is organic and in flux. I don't think it is based on viewership either.

Furthermore, it is an argumentative fallacy to lump all non-Americans into one category. Many foreign riders have wanted to race in the USA, therefore Jorge Prado must also want to race in the USA. This is one of the most basic fallacies of any debate, argument, or attempt at critical thinking. It completely kills your credibility (as does your claim to know what Jorge dreams about)

There are reasons why Australian, Canadian and French riders have historically made up the vast majority of foreign riders on the AMA circuit.
On the flip side, there are reasons why, despite decades of success on the Grand Prix circuit, Belgian and Dutch riders have been few on the AMA circuit. Ignoring this is a disservice to productive dialogue.

I contend that prestige is subjective and intangible. There are stats however, for Supercross attrition rates, we know the AMA schedule is more arduous than the GP schedule, we can safely infer that KTMs marque 250F grand prix rider is handsomely compensated. There are tangible and logical reasons that support the no-US-for-Prado argument. By no means does that make it true. But the argument has legs. Meanwhile all you seem to present is an intangible perception of prestige, and a generalization based upon a very diverse set of circumstances and epochs.

I don't proclaim to know what Jorge is thinking, he may very well come to the US. But I'm embarrassed for you when I read arguments to the effect of "lots of others wanted to do it so that means it's worth doing and Jorge wants to do it too".

Come on Dan, you can do better.

SEMAC
6/11/2019 3:26pm
SEMAC wrote:
agn5009 wrote:
Ferrandis and Lawrence are two solid guys who came over. Prado ain’t out of the question at this point. He’s only 18 and working on his...
Ferrandis and Lawrence are two solid guys who came over. Prado ain’t out of the question at this point. He’s only 18 and working on his second MX2 title. I’d love to see it happen. He probably doesn’t even know whether or not he’s gonna do it.
Ferrandis had no choice, and Lawrence was far from being a champioship contender, and he is Australian, not european
ayearinmx
6/11/2019 3:26pm Edited Date/Time 6/11/2019 3:27pm
mx_563 wrote:
I don't necessarily agree with all of the arguments presented by the "MXGP side", but I will say that I don't think you get to declare...
I don't necessarily agree with all of the arguments presented by the "MXGP side", but I will say that I don't think you get to declare prestige. I think prestige is organic and in flux. I don't think it is based on viewership either.

Furthermore, it is an argumentative fallacy to lump all non-Americans into one category. Many foreign riders have wanted to race in the USA, therefore Jorge Prado must also want to race in the USA. This is one of the most basic fallacies of any debate, argument, or attempt at critical thinking. It completely kills your credibility (as does your claim to know what Jorge dreams about)

There are reasons why Australian, Canadian and French riders have historically made up the vast majority of foreign riders on the AMA circuit.
On the flip side, there are reasons why, despite decades of success on the Grand Prix circuit, Belgian and Dutch riders have been few on the AMA circuit. Ignoring this is a disservice to productive dialogue.

I contend that prestige is subjective and intangible. There are stats however, for Supercross attrition rates, we know the AMA schedule is more arduous than the GP schedule, we can safely infer that KTMs marque 250F grand prix rider is handsomely compensated. There are tangible and logical reasons that support the no-US-for-Prado argument. By no means does that make it true. But the argument has legs. Meanwhile all you seem to present is an intangible perception of prestige, and a generalization based upon a very diverse set of circumstances and epochs.

I don't proclaim to know what Jorge is thinking, he may very well come to the US. But I'm embarrassed for you when I read arguments to the effect of "lots of others wanted to do it so that means it's worth doing and Jorge wants to do it too".

Come on Dan, you can do better.

Damn if that isn't a mic drop, I don't know what is!
agn5009
6/11/2019 5:33pm
SEMAC wrote:
agn5009 wrote:
Ferrandis and Lawrence are two solid guys who came over. Prado ain’t out of the question at this point. He’s only 18 and working on his...
SEMAC wrote:
Ferrandis had no choice, and Lawrence was far from being a champioship contender, and he is Australian, not european
He ran the MXGP series. We’ve all been talking about MXGP riders and AMA riders. Don’t make such a poor comment. It makes you look really stupid, which I’m sure you’re not.
mccread
6/12/2019 4:52am Edited Date/Time 6/12/2019 5:00am
FerCzD wrote:
Just stop it already. Prado stays in Europe. Is like asking if Marquez leaves MotoGP to American road series. Those guys stay in Europe

Nonsense that’s just the American in you talking and trying to one-up the rest of the world as usual. You can’t forget the large media bias in the USA either that gives MXGP a very low profile compared to supercross that sways opinion and limits American rider’s ambition and knowledge of the world championship whereas media outside the USA give America racing and MXGP coverage.

Supercross is not motocross, it is a sport unique to the USA. The rest of the world does motocross, it’s the global sport.

Supercross is the most glamorous of course and the best “show” but for me I prefer world championship motocross overall if I had to win one (both would be great!) as it’s real and raw and requires a greater variety of skills to win. Supercross is great entertainment in the winter when there is no motocross but for me you simply can’t beat the outdoors.

Motocross is the real sport and the one the whole world does, that’s why the world motocross championship for me is the toughest and most prestigious motorcycle series on the planet. The depth is insane and you have to race such diverse tracks and race in totally different countries every week, it’s the ultimate test and how you prove your are the best motocross rider in the world.

If you want to race supercross you go to America, like you do if you want to race NASCAR and not F1 but winning a supercross title doesn’t mean you are the best motocross rider on the planet, that’s MXGP.

Supercross is a totally different, a unique skill only necessary for America. Motocross is global. In the same way NFL is American and soccer is global. Both are great sports and both great to win but are very different.
ATKpilot99
6/12/2019 5:13am
FerCzD wrote:

mccread wrote:
Nonsense that’s just the American in you talking and trying to one-up the rest of the world as usual. You can’t forget the large media bias...
Nonsense that’s just the American in you talking and trying to one-up the rest of the world as usual. You can’t forget the large media bias in the USA either that gives MXGP a very low profile compared to supercross that sways opinion and limits American rider’s ambition and knowledge of the world championship whereas media outside the USA give America racing and MXGP coverage.

Supercross is not motocross, it is a sport unique to the USA. The rest of the world does motocross, it’s the global sport.

Supercross is the most glamorous of course and the best “show” but for me I prefer world championship motocross overall if I had to win one (both would be great!) as it’s real and raw and requires a greater variety of skills to win. Supercross is great entertainment in the winter when there is no motocross but for me you simply can’t beat the outdoors.

Motocross is the real sport and the one the whole world does, that’s why the world motocross championship for me is the toughest and most prestigious motorcycle series on the planet. The depth is insane and you have to race such diverse tracks and race in totally different countries every week, it’s the ultimate test and how you prove your are the best motocross rider in the world.

If you want to race supercross you go to America, like you do if you want to race NASCAR and not F1 but winning a supercross title doesn’t mean you are the best motocross rider on the planet, that’s MXGP.

Supercross is a totally different, a unique skill only necessary for America. Motocross is global. In the same way NFL is American and soccer is global. Both are great sports and both great to win but are very different.
Comparing it to soccer is laughable. Motocross is a niche sport . I love it but the vast majority of sports fans, even motorsports fans couldn't care less about motocross and not just here I've seen people from other countries post this here as well. Its ignored on mainstream sports outlets. Supercross as well is pretty much ignored on mainstream outlets in this country anyway. You might see a blurb every now and then. Also the NFL Super Bowl is one of the most watched sports events worldwide. Nice cut and paste speech though mccread .
mccread
6/12/2019 8:37am

mccread wrote:
Nonsense that’s just the American in you talking and trying to one-up the rest of the world as usual. You can’t forget the large media bias...

ATKpilot99 wrote:
Comparing it to soccer is laughable. Motocross is a niche sport . I love it but the vast majority of sports fans, even motorsports fans couldn't...
Comparing it to soccer is laughable. Motocross is a niche sport . I love it but the vast majority of sports fans, even motorsports fans couldn't care less about motocross and not just here I've seen people from other countries post this here as well. Its ignored on mainstream sports outlets. Supercross as well is pretty much ignored on mainstream outlets in this country anyway. You might see a blurb every now and then. Also the NFL Super Bowl is one of the most watched sports events worldwide. Nice cut and paste speech though mccread .
Congratulations on missing the entire point. You must be proud.

The point was NFL is an American only sport like supercross. Soccer is played more world wide just like motocross is. So they are different things that’s hard to compare. Being supercross champ doesn’t make you a superior rider to the world motocross champ, it’s a different thing.

MXGP is the pinnacle of motocross because it is a more global sport with a much bigger base than supercross because that’s what everyone around the world does, they race motocross not supercross. So while supercross is the main goal in the States, outside the USA it’s pretty irrelevant to making it in pro in motocross where your outdoor skills need to take priority first.

It’s up to the rider to decide what he wants to be best at. If you want to be the best supercross rider and enjoy the show. you have to go to America, if you want to be the best motocross rider, you race MXGP.

American’s obviously have a much bigger head start on the rest of the world in supercross since it’s their sport and they have to be good at it to get a decent ride in the States. Whereas motocross is a leveller because everyone grows up doing it, that’s why MXGP is the ultimate barometer for a motocross rider.
ATKpilot99
6/12/2019 9:51am
mccread wrote:

ATKpilot99 wrote:
Comparing it to soccer is laughable. Motocross is a niche sport . I love it but the vast majority of sports fans, even motorsports fans couldn't...
mccread wrote:
Congratulations on missing the entire point. You must be proud. The point was NFL is an American only sport like supercross. Soccer is played more world...

The point was NFL is an American only sport like supercross. Soccer is played more world wide just like motocross is. So they are different things that’s hard to compare. Being supercross champ doesn’t make you a superior rider to the world motocross champ, it’s a different thing.

MXGP is the pinnacle of motocross because it is a more global sport with a much bigger base than supercross because that’s what everyone around the world does, they race motocross not supercross. So while supercross is the main goal in the States, outside the USA it’s pretty irrelevant to making it in pro in motocross where your outdoor skills need to take priority first.

It’s up to the rider to decide what he wants to be best at. If you want to be the best supercross rider and enjoy the show. you have to go to America, if you want to be the best motocross rider, you race MXGP.

American’s obviously have a much bigger head start on the rest of the world in supercross since it’s their sport and they have to be good at it to get a decent ride in the States. Whereas motocross is a leveller because everyone grows up doing it, that’s why MXGP is the ultimate barometer for a motocross rider.
Yeah maybe I did look past your point because your long winded diatribe lectures on motocross get old. SX has become it's own discipline more than in the past. That's ok it's good American motocross still consumes your thoughts to the point you have to keep reminding people the GPs are top level. It's the world fucking championship....It should be .
mccread
6/12/2019 10:19am
ATKpilot99 wrote:
mccread wrote:
Congratulations on missing the entire point. You must be proud. The point was NFL is an American only sport like supercross. Soccer is played more world...

ATKpilot99 wrote:
Yeah maybe I did look past your point because your long winded diatribe lectures on motocross get old. SX has become it's own discipline more than...
Yeah maybe I did look past your point because your long winded diatribe lectures on motocross get old. SX has become it's own discipline more than in the past. That's ok it's good American motocross still consumes your thoughts to the point you have to keep reminding people the GPs are top level. It's the world fucking championship....It should be .
I love American racing and the world championship. Maybe you should read more carefully next time and learn the truth.

The rest of the world respects America a lot more than America respects the world championship, so Americans need reminding sometimes that the world championship is the pinnacle of outdoor racing and supercross is, as you said, a different form of the sport.

Glad we can agree.
NateDawg
6/12/2019 10:41am Edited Date/Time 6/12/2019 10:48am
FerCzD wrote:
Lol, it is in no way the same thing and makes me wonder if you watch road racing at all. American MX guys make way more money than MXGP riders. Meanwhile, there are about 5 riders in MotoAmerica that aren't paying for their own ride. Meanwhile, the 15th place rider in MotoGP is still a millionaire.
Enabler
6/12/2019 11:21am
FerCzD wrote:
NateDawg wrote:
Lol, it is in no way the same thing and makes me wonder if you watch road racing at all. American MX guys make way more...
Lol, it is in no way the same thing and makes me wonder if you watch road racing at all. American MX guys make way more money than MXGP riders. Meanwhile, there are about 5 riders in MotoAmerica that aren't paying for their own ride. Meanwhile, the 15th place rider in MotoGP is still a millionaire.
Do American guys make way more money? I'm curious what the pay for the top five supercross riders is as compared to the top 5 GP riders. Anyone know approximately?

Also curious, what's the average attendance at a GP event? It must be bigger than an AMA national but smaller than a supercross event?

Post a reply to: Prado USA

The Latest