Prado USA

Related:
Create New Tag

6/10/2019 11:26 AM

Any chance of prado making his way to the us hes dominating those 250 guys over there. ?

|

6/10/2019 11:37 AM

Pardo? Never heard of her.

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @hamdaddyof2 & @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, O'Neal, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

6/10/2019 11:38 AM

mattyhamz2 wrote:

Pardo? Never heard of her.

Pardo(n) me?

|

"A link is only as long as your longest strong chain"

6/10/2019 11:40 AM

Would be cool to see. KTM needs an elite talent over here in the 250 class.

|

6/10/2019 11:41 AM

I dont think so. He is very comfortable with his team and has a great mentor/friend relationship with Cairoli.

But i do think he is to young to move up to mxgp next year. Which he has to do if he wins the title this year.

|

6/10/2019 11:45 AM

Why would he want to race in the US?

|

6/10/2019 11:47 AM

I would be surprised if it happened, given the current state of the KTM 250 team, and his lack of experience with SX.

It would be good for the US series if he did cross the pond, though.

|

6/10/2019 11:47 AM

mx_563 wrote:

The same reason many riders before him did.

|

6/10/2019 11:50 AM

I read a interview with him and Prado mentioned his dream was going to the USA.
But now he feels himself comfortably in Gp's and specially with the Di Carli team so he don't have the need to go.
It's like the same situation as with Herlings.

|

6/10/2019 11:57 AM

Based on Covington's results- he would barely be top 10 over here... For sure get smoked by AC.

|

6/10/2019 12:04 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/10/2019 12:07 PM

Casting wrote:

I would be surprised if it happened, given the current state of the KTM 250 team, and his lack of experience with SX.

What if KTM offers him a spot on the actual Red Bull Factory team? That would of course hurt the relationship between KTM and TLD (if not completely ruin it). The lack of SX experience is not an issue. He was training and riding SX without issues a couple of years ago when he was 15 or 16.

But i would also be surprised if he moves. He might be only 18 or 19 and pretty small but his riding style is perfect for the 450. I see him racing a 450 in the GPs next year.

|

6/10/2019 12:05 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/10/2019 12:13 PM

Pardon but Ruy said he ain't coming to the US and Ruy seems to know or be Prado's Tony Nadal. Who knows tho, maybe KTM USA wants to have a winning 250 effort and shows him the money.

|

6/10/2019 1:29 PM

Excaliburbmx wrote:

The same reason many riders before him did.

Curious, how old are you Excaliburmx?

|

6/10/2019 1:34 PM

Man, there was a time when every body wanted to come ro rhe US , but that was past tense

|

6/10/2019 1:36 PM

Blame the joke the supercross circus has become

|

6/10/2019 1:46 PM

Brad460 wrote:

Based on Covington's results- he would barely be top 10 over here... For sure get smoked by AC.

Based on Hunter Lawrence's second moto at Fox raceway i'd say he beats AC by at least 30 seconds😄

|

6/10/2019 2:05 PM

Casting wrote:

Motofinne wrote:

What if KTM offers him a spot on the actual Red Bull Factory team? That would of course hurt the relationship between KTM and TLD (if not completely ruin it). The lack of SX experience is not an issue. He was training and riding SX without issues a couple of years ago when he was 15 or 16.

But i would also be surprised if he moves. He might be only 18 or 19 and pretty small but his riding style is perfect for the 450. I see him racing a 450 in the GPs next year.

Just out of curiosity, why do you think his riding style is perfect for the 450? What does that mean exactly? Prado’s riding style is perfect for all dirt bikes because he’s a fantastic rider. That’s pretty clear considering he just turned 18, has a MX2 title and currently kicking butt again this year.

I just don’t understand what people mean when they say someone’s going to be better on the 450. Have we ever had a rider anywhere in the world that wasn’t a top 5 250 rider enter the 450 class and win? I’m sure there is someone in history that has done it but it’s certainly extremely rare. I’ve been watching MX for almost 30 years and what I’ve found is 99% of the time the guys who win in the lites class move up and typically battle for wins in the 450 class after a little learning curve. So in a few years it won’t be surprising to see guys like Forkner, Cianciarulo, Cooper, Ferrandis etc do well in the 450 class. It would be surprising if say Hampshire moved up and started winning.

|

6/10/2019 2:11 PM

Yeah, Jeff Stanton...

|

"It sure is fun to have fun!"

6/10/2019 2:13 PM

mx_563 wrote:

X2

|

6/10/2019 2:32 PM

Brad460 wrote:

didnt tomac get smoked by prado at nations in all of his races lol

|

6/10/2019 2:41 PM

Casting wrote:

Motofinne wrote:

agn5009 wrote:

Just out of curiosity, why do you think his riding style is perfect for the 450? What does that mean exactly? Prado’s riding style is perfect for all dirt bikes because he’s a fantastic rider. That’s pretty clear considering he just turned 18, has a MX2 title and currently kicking butt again this year.

I just don’t understand what people mean when they say someone’s going to be better on the 450. Have we ever had a rider anywhere in the world that wasn’t a top 5 250 rider enter the 450 class and win? I’m sure there is someone in history that has done it but it’s certainly extremely rare. I’ve been watching MX for almost 30 years and what I’ve found is 99% of the time the guys who win in the lites class move up and typically battle for wins in the 450 class after a little learning curve. So in a few years it won’t be surprising to see guys like Forkner, Cianciarulo, Cooper, Ferrandis etc do well in the 450 class. It would be surprising if say Hampshire moved up and started winning.

250 riders: Tommy Searle, Valentin Guillod
450 riders: Max Nagl, Clement Desalle

But I guess you're right, all of these guys should be able to adapt to the big bike.
I do believe that a certain riding style can make your learning curve a little steeper though.

|

6/10/2019 3:04 PM

Brad460 wrote:

hughesyzf134 wrote:

didnt tomac get smoked by prado at nations in all of his races lol

And coldenhoff beat everyone . Guess he is the fmotp. Lawrence beat tomac also, your a fool if you think lawrence is a better rider than tomac.

|

6/10/2019 3:05 PM

And prado destroyed kroc at red bud, .

|

6/10/2019 3:10 PM

Casting wrote:

Motofinne wrote:

When he was here in the end of 2015 and riding supercross as 14/15 year old, birthday is january, he was only a couple seconds off Jessy and Shane, including hitting the whoops. Don't be surprised to see an Ernesto Fonseca like first year in supercross if he decides to come over. First day I was at the track with him I was completely mind blown with his talent and had the chance to work with him for another month and half. He's no joke and a threat to win and dominate, no matter who his competition is or what discipline.

|

6/10/2019 3:16 PM

Prado already said he wants to come to the US to race and he already spent some time on the KTM test track when he was 14 and looked just as comfortable as any of the current TLD riders on it.

|

6/10/2019 3:42 PM

mxb2 wrote:

Why are the GP riders destroying the AMA riders these days?

|

6/10/2019 4:38 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/10/2019 4:39 PM

Just stop it already. Prado stays in Europe. Is like asking if Marquez leaves MotoGP to American road series. Those guys stay in Europe

|

6/10/2019 4:46 PM

Have a feeling I'll get flamed by some for this....

I hope he does NOT come over here! I'm like a super fan of the kid , and I'd like to see him stay over there and win multiple champiuonship's. I don't want to see a kid with that much talent in outdoor MX , get chewed up in Stupidcross , and then ride only 12 rounds of MX.

The GP scene brought that kid up from mini's , the 125's , and now the 250's , and it was all outdoor stuff. I've steadily found myself over the past 5 - 6 years admiring what the rider's go through over there. Not so much on how GL runs the series ( but it works! )......but just everything about it! Multiple classes , which gives riders a chance to be seen world wide , which they wouldn't ever get that chance here.

If I was close to Jorge , I'd tell him strait up...." Stay the fuck out of American SX ! ". And keep doing what your doing , because it works. And at least with the whole GP scene , they give a huge stage , for multiple classes and a ton of rider's to show their stuff. And they did that for Jorge......so I hope he stays faithful ( and smart ) and stays out of this stupid meat grinder in the USA!

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

6/10/2019 4:46 PM

mxb2 wrote:

Lucifa. wrote:

Why are the GP riders destroying the AMA riders these days?

well that didn't take long...

|

6/10/2019 4:49 PM

Brad460 wrote:

Hoping that was sarcastic.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja