Pants

chewy4063
Edited Date/Time 1/19/2019 6:25pm
Im 5’11 and 150lbs. Slim. Getting back into MX the pants I have tried are big in the knees and look ridiculous. Don’t remember this being a problem when I stopped riding in 09/10. Anyone have some recommendations on slim fitting pants? I don’t wear knee braces, just knee pads. Don’t need a rant on the braces, as other threads have turned into rants and no answers. Thanks!
|
bf884
1/19/2019 4:26pm
Depending on the brand, there are crossover versions made for BMX. Slimmer fit. Know for sure Fly has some. Some other brands have them as well
chewy4063
1/19/2019 5:06pm
bf884 wrote:
Depending on the brand, there are crossover versions made for BMX. Slimmer fit. Know for sure Fly has some. Some other brands have them as well
I’ll look into that. Should solve the problem. Thanks!
barnett468
1/19/2019 5:17pm
chewy4063 wrote:
Im 5’11 and 150lbs. Slim. Getting back into MX the pants I have tried are big in the knees and look ridiculous. Don’t remember this being...
Im 5’11 and 150lbs. Slim. Getting back into MX the pants I have tried are big in the knees and look ridiculous. Don’t remember this being a problem when I stopped riding in 09/10. Anyone have some recommendations on slim fitting pants? I don’t wear knee braces, just knee pads. Don’t need a rant on the braces, as other threads have turned into rants and no answers. Thanks!
exactly what do you mean by "knee pads"? Are they shin guards also.

I am 5' 9 1/2", 150 lbs, 32" waist

I hate the baggy knee pants also but use knee pad/shin guard combo. i also like room in the crotch and i tried on every brand of mx pants that chaparral had and ended up with oneil mayhems which have thin hip pads and i will have to look at the others but i think they may be the oneil element with no hip pads.

https://www.chapmoto.com/o-neal-racing-mayhem-lite-blocker-hi-viz-pants…

these are the exact mayhems i got but they come in different colors. these are actually lime green (hi viz) not yellow like they appear to be.

chewy4063
1/19/2019 5:25pm
chewy4063 wrote:
Im 5’11 and 150lbs. Slim. Getting back into MX the pants I have tried are big in the knees and look ridiculous. Don’t remember this being...
barnett468 wrote:
exactly what do you mean by "knee pads"? Are they shin guards also. I am 5' 9 1/2", 150 lbs, 32" waist I hate the baggy...

I hate the baggy knee pants also but use knee pad/shin guard combo. i also like room in the crotch and i tried on every brand of mx pants that chaparral had and ended up with oneil mayhems which have thin hip pads and i will have to look at the others but i think they may be the oneil element with no hip pads.

these are the exact mayhems i got but they come in different colors. these are actually lime green (hi viz) not yellow like they appear to be.

I will look into those, thanks. Yeah I should have clarified that they are shin/knee pad

The Shop

barnett468
1/19/2019 5:46pm Edited Date/Time 1/19/2019 5:55pm
chewy4063 wrote:
barnett468 wrote:
exactly what do you mean by "knee pads"? Are they shin guards also. I am 5' 9 1/2", 150 lbs, 32" waist I hate the baggy...

chewy4063 wrote:
I will look into those, thanks. Yeah I should have clarified that they are shin/knee pad
i will look at the other ones tomorrow and let you know exactly what they are. many of the ones i tried on were also shorter than i like. the second i put the oneils on, they felt perfect for me anyway.

i'm pretty sure the other ones had the word "lite" in their name which is why they didn't come with hip pads but those are easy to add.

1/19/2019 6:25pm
Most MX pants are designed around knee braces.

IMO give them a try. Even if you get a cheap pair from eBay or even EVS RS4..knee braces are where its at.
Titanium
1/19/2019 8:02pm
Give the Thor Prime fit stuff a look. The fit is much slimmer that most pants but not restrictive at all due to their elasticity. Nice and light too. I have a couple of pair of pants with 2 seasons of riding on them and they are holding up well. You can still find some of the 18 stuff on clearance, especially in the smaller sizes.

Post a reply to: Pants

The Latest