Pala is back

Johnson183
1/12/2019 7:13am
race wrote:
Wow .... GH loses their biggest event of the year over something as silly as a high five fence parade by the top 3? Maybe it's...
Wow .... GH loses their biggest event of the year over something as silly as a high five fence parade by the top 3?

Maybe it's just me but isn't that something that should be spontaneous anyway? Knowing it's staged or required by contract kinda spoils the spirit of the whole thing.

I suspect this was more of a final straw in a long simmering mutual dislike by two parties but I would be against the riders being 'forced' to do that.

Hey, the year I went to Pala the pool bar on top of the hill was great! Beer tent was fun too. Traffic was not fun.

You are exactly right. The reason for no GH this year was not due to a conflict about high-fives. In fact, I know that Bud and MXS sports had moved past that and actually discussed making it happen in 2019. I was simply trying to set the record straight about why Bud was upset last year since “rumors” were untrue...it had nothing to do with Bud’s VIPs or buddies getting special treatment.

The 2019 GH National not happening has more to do with contract negotiations over specific points more significant than the fence ride.

Again, sad both parties couldn’t come to an agreement since I think the motocross community (not to mention industry and TV) would clearly like to see it at GH, but also I respect the fact that both groups have to run a business and at the end of day could not come to terms. Good luck to Fox Raceway, I sincerely hope it goes well.
1/12/2019 7:57am
That's great, I know many didn't love it but Pala offered some serious racing. I still fondly remember the Piurcel and Canard battle, what a day...
That's great, I know many didn't love it but Pala offered some serious racing. I still fondly remember the Piurcel and Canard battle, what a day and what a shame. Villo and Dungebag when RV lost his hand off the bars was also an epic encounter.
ATKpilot99 wrote:
Dungebag ?
sorry, it wasn't an insult but seeing it now i can see maybe it is
fgb729
1/12/2019 8:08am
Not only do we get one new parking lot track(WW), but now two!! American moto fans are the luckiest I'll tell ya. Not to mention the joke that is now Unadilla... hey guys maybe a few more jumps to really get the "fans" to enjoy it!
ob
1/12/2019 8:14am
If you think the road to Pala is bad try going to the Washugal national. There are three different ways to get to Pala. SD people can always go the back way. And you don't have to go to the ghetto like GH. Plus it's a few minutes to the beach, good burgers, and tacos. fuck I am so stoked It's there and not SanBernadino. I'm sure the people at Fox (gear) will make sure everything is top notch.

The Shop

JustMX
1/12/2019 9:05am
I just don't understand all the whinning.

If there is a big event, there will be traffic.

Hi point, budds creek, redbud, unadilla and other national tracks are on 2 lane country roads.

Sure there were problems at Pala but if I remember right the problems were more parking and ticket seller problems causing backups.

Hopefully they will work out what they can on their end.

But it sure seems like some are just looking for an excuse not to go.

Nut up and plan ahead a little bit. If you get in line at 11 am, you might not get in by the time racing starts. Easy solution. Get there at 9.

It would seem that those in charge would come up with some ways to reward those that get their early. Maybe add a surcharge after a certain time on parking or something like that.

It would make sense to come up with something to motivate people. Any lost revenue would be offset by reduced expenses in extra staff and training that is only used for the two hours that get backed up by those that don't plan on other people all showing up at the same time.
Brent
1/12/2019 8:15pm
There are four ways into Pala.

Pala Temecula road takes you right out to Pechanga. Easy.
JWRM
1/12/2019 8:23pm
Here's my dastardly plan: park at the parking structure at the Temecula mall, Uber to the gas station right by the track, walk in, get super wicked all day, Uber back to the mall, make my girlfriend drive me home.
Radical
Fantasy
2384th
1/12/2019 9:52pm
I really enjoyed the 1st national at Pala and racing on the same track as the pros the week prior.

Traffic sucked big time. I missed the first motos just waiting to get in.
This year I'm bringing a mountain bike, and will ride in the last couple of miles if needed.

I'm not complaining. I'm warning. The Mexican food was nasty. The cook even wondered why I wanted my Carne Asada burrito warmed up.

Nessy burgers rock! DC: If you can secure them as a vendor for the race, your fans will thank you (and possibly buy you a burger).

Oh, and if there are amateur races on the full national track, I have some unfinished business Smile .

Post a reply to: Pala is back

The Latest