Pala (fox) flat?

ob
5/2/2019 7:20am Edited Date/Time 5/3/2019 3:50pm
Wait till you guys see the monster hill built up at Pala, it's big. I can't wait and I'm stoked I don't have to go to GH this year. I hope they have beer.
|
500guy
5/2/2019 5:22pm
The time I went to Pala they had plenty of elevation changes it was a good race.

Glen Helen's Hills are pretty gnarly though.
Tarz483
Fantasy
379th
5/2/2019 5:53pm
500guy wrote:
The time I went to Pala they had plenty of elevation changes it was a good race.

Glen Helen's Hills are pretty gnarly though.
Hills Dont seem to change the outcome of a race imo , some tracks have them and thats fine but i really dont think they all need to personally, i freestone was good , and it didn't have hills. But the racingwas always good.
loftyair
5/2/2019 6:55pm
Motocross. Dirt, corners, and hills. Oh, some jumps are ok.

The Shop

Rocket88
5/2/2019 7:16pm
TeamGreen wrote:
There will be beer!
ob's ice chest for the win! See ya there!
5/2/2019 7:31pm
Are they adding to the hill in the back or making something new? I havent been up there in a while to ride and see the new layout?
gnarwhip
5/2/2019 7:45pm Edited Date/Time 5/2/2019 7:46pm
That’s cute. What are they going to do about the one lane road leading into the event on Saturday morning? I drove down there from SB last time and after spending four hours in the car, couldn’t even get within a mile of the track. Saw no racing, couldn’t even get in the gate. Then had to turn around and go home for a full ten hours in the car. Good times.
hubbardmx50
5/2/2019 8:11pm
“OB’s ice chest” ? haha
I will be at Pala, I’ll be wearing the same sweater in my avatar. ??????
77Moto
5/2/2019 8:23pm
Big long hills put the bike and setup to the test.
slipdog
5/2/2019 8:26pm
I'm going and taking my kids for their first ever race.
5/2/2019 8:27pm Edited Date/Time 5/2/2019 8:28pm
Maybe they can build another hill with some kind of expressway or shuttle flights in and out of that place. Maybe just have some big ass chinook helicopters fly people in and out.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
760th
5/2/2019 8:46pm
77Moto wrote:
Big long hills put the bike and setup to the test.
Big long hills? Have you ever seen the place? It’s flat with one small kind of sorta hill that has a triple up the “hill” nothing even close to Glen Helen.
Radical
Fantasy
2321st
5/3/2019 1:06am
gnarwhip wrote:
That’s cute. What are they going to do about the one lane road leading into the event on Saturday morning? I drove down there from SB...
That’s cute. What are they going to do about the one lane road leading into the event on Saturday morning? I drove down there from SB last time and after spending four hours in the car, couldn’t even get within a mile of the track. Saw no racing, couldn’t even get in the gate. Then had to turn around and go home for a full ten hours in the car. Good times.
I hope they figure it out. Best would be parking closer to the freeway, and a shuttle in.
I'm bringing a mountain bike. I'll drive as far as I can, then park on the side of the road and bike in.

The last time I went, I missed the first motos. Not this time.
5/3/2019 7:23am
gnarwhip wrote:
That’s cute. What are they going to do about the one lane road leading into the event on Saturday morning? I drove down there from SB...
Radical wrote:
I hope they figure it out. Best would be parking closer to the freeway, and a shuttle in. I'm bringing a mountain bike. I'll drive as...
I hope they figure it out. Best would be parking closer to the freeway, and a shuttle in.
I'm bringing a mountain bike. I'll drive as far as I can, then park on the side of the road and bike in.

I was told they are opening up an exit out back by where the SX track is. There's a little road back there.

Stuntman949
5/3/2019 7:58am
Will Uber provide a helicopter service so we don't have to wait until Sunday to get out the parking lot? Extra points if its the Fox helicopter from Terrafirma
DC
5/3/2019 8:38am
This was while they were still in progress...

We are doing a pros-only rider day there next Wednesday and will check it out and I am sureSimon and Guy B and Swap and our gang will be out there shooting so stay tuned...

DC
Racer X
Casting
5/3/2019 8:43am
DC that hill looks fun! I can imagine ripping up that thing and launching. Excited to see that on the broadcast.

As for people complaining about the 1 road.... plan your trip and get there early. High Point has one road in and out and I leave early to get there on time. No excuse IMO.
Zachintosh
5/3/2019 9:08am
Elevation changes make for a much better viewing experience. I hope Fox incorporates as many “hills” as possible.
Falcon
Fantasy
765th
5/3/2019 9:35am
If you are coming from San Diego, Take Valley Parkway through Escondido to Valley Center and then left on Cole Grade Road. Turn left on Hwy 76 and you'll be about 2 miles from the track, coming from the "no traffic" side.

Those of us in the Temecula/Murrieta area are screwed, though. Grinning I'm taking Pechanga Parkway down to 76 to avoid the worst traffic, but I bet that road will be a disaster also. I'm going early.
Stuntman949
5/3/2019 10:32am
Casting wrote:
DC that hill looks fun! I can imagine ripping up that thing and launching. Excited to see that on the broadcast. As for people complaining about...
DC that hill looks fun! I can imagine ripping up that thing and launching. Excited to see that on the broadcast.

As for people complaining about the 1 road.... plan your trip and get there early. High Point has one road in and out and I leave early to get there on time. No excuse IMO.
More worried about the Hotel California complex
TeamGreen
5/3/2019 10:34am
Casting wrote:
DC that hill looks fun! I can imagine ripping up that thing and launching. Excited to see that on the broadcast. As for people complaining about...

Boom!

I'm riding in EARLY on race day...on a motorcycle.
Casting
5/3/2019 11:06am
Casting wrote:

More worried about the Hotel California complex
I know that's an Eagles song but don't know what that means Unsure
Rooster
5/3/2019 11:23am
Casting wrote:
I know that's an Eagles song but don't know what that means Unsure
You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave.
5/3/2019 11:49am
DC wrote:
This was while they were still in progress... We are doing a pros-only rider day there next Wednesday and will check it out and I am...
This was while they were still in progress...

We are doing a pros-only rider day there next Wednesday and will check it out and I am sureSimon and Guy B and Swap and our gang will be out there shooting so stay tuned...

DC
Racer X
DC, Is that a roller or a LaRocco's Leap style triple?
yak651
Fantasy
168th
5/3/2019 12:54pm
gnarwhip wrote:
Radical wrote:
I hope they figure it out. Best would be parking closer to the freeway, and a shuttle in. I'm bringing a mountain bike. I'll drive as...

I was told they are opening up an exit out back by where the SX track is. There's a little road back there. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/05/03/344039/s1200_Screenshot_20190503_072229.jpg[/img]
I was told they are opening up an exit out back by where the SX track is. There's a little road back there.

Granted I don't know the traffic situation out there, but looks like that would be the ideal set-up for entry, right off a highway? Millville and Red Budd have single lane roads getting to them and I've never had that big of a problem getting in or out. I usually try to get there early to watch practice, leaving usually is slow going but manageable. The crowds at these tracks are usually decent so don't see that many more people going to Pala...is it just other traffic (not race crowd) causing the issue?
ob
5/3/2019 2:16pm
That pic doesn’t do it justice. And no you ain’t launching off it.
ob
5/3/2019 2:21pm
Have you guys complaining about traffic ever been to a national? You realize most are in the middle of nowhere? Lots of one lane roads. Ever tried getting to Washougal? There are three wats to Pala. The last one at Pala they were trying to charge admission as you drove into the parking area, that was just dumb. Hopefully this year it’s like every national, pay to park then go get your ticket.
Brent
5/3/2019 3:48pm Edited Date/Time 5/3/2019 3:49pm
All you complainers need to take Pala Temecula road, AKA 'the back way".

I live in Temecula and that is how most locals get to the track, less than 12 minutes from Pechanga to the front gate...

Post a reply to: Pala (fox) flat?

The Latest