Painted Boots

yzjs7
1/31/2014 7:26am Edited Date/Time 2/1/2014 4:42am
I blacked out my black tech 7s with black spray paint and they looked brand new. After one ride it came off a little,gonna pick up some outdoor furniture spray that has the flex to it. Gonna cover up the white star and lettering but maybe do the toe area white. I can't afford new boots so why not make them look new for cheap cheap.
|
rangot
1/31/2014 7:28am
You need some SG12 Gaerne dude !!!
smezmx
1/31/2014 7:29am
mx757
1/31/2014 7:33am
The fact that guy was wearing Alpinestars explains why his leg is broken... Whistling
yzjs7
1/31/2014 7:41am
You know I want them Gaernes now that my boys wearing them. It sucked not being able to have those Nike boots so I'm glad they're gone. Think some SeVen Gaernes are in the works. I'm getting married in May and its taking all my moto money.

The Shop

smezmx
1/31/2014 7:44am
mx757 wrote:
The fact that guy was wearing Alpinestars explains why his leg is broken... Whistling
ok ducky!
yzjs7
1/31/2014 7:49am
Those would be cool for my lady
rangot
1/31/2014 7:53am
yzjs7 wrote:
You know I want them Gaernes now that my boys wearing them. It sucked not being able to have those Nike boots so I'm glad they're...
You know I want them Gaernes now that my boys wearing them. It sucked not being able to have those Nike boots so I'm glad they're gone. Think some SeVen Gaernes are in the works. I'm getting married in May and its taking all my moto money.
Yep, and also because they're the best on the market. Love those Green/black he was wearing !
smezmx
1/31/2014 8:00am
racer369 wrote:
guy has only 4 toes!
if he was wearing gaerne's he'd still have five Laughing
rangot
1/31/2014 8:02am
racer369 wrote:
guy has only 4 toes!
Yeah, but two big ones !!!
IWreckALot
1/31/2014 8:11am Edited Date/Time 1/31/2014 8:11am
racer369 wrote:
guy has only 4 toes!
smezmx wrote:
if he was wearing gaerne's he'd still have five Laughing
And his second toe is bigger than the big one.

Dang it, rangot beat me to it.
pitbike502
1/31/2014 8:22am
yzjs7 wrote:
you sure? JS wears Gearne's..
jeffro503
1/31/2014 8:23am
I have been wearing the SG-10's for about 1.5yrs now.....and honestly , the first couple months sucked with them. Very stiff and very hard to feel the shifter and rear brake. I kept burning my rear pads because my foot was resting on the brake slightly.........OH and the mis-shifts!!...ouch! Damn near ended myself a couple times from hitting a false neutral or getting it into a gear I didn't want at the time. BUT....they finally did wear in and are now a really good set of boots. " Extremely protective ".....compared to my older sets of Tech-8's.
smezmx
1/31/2014 8:30am
jeffro503 wrote:
I have been wearing the SG-10's for about 1.5yrs now.....and honestly , the first couple months sucked with them. Very stiff and very hard to feel...
I have been wearing the SG-10's for about 1.5yrs now.....and honestly , the first couple months sucked with them. Very stiff and very hard to feel the shifter and rear brake. I kept burning my rear pads because my foot was resting on the brake slightly.........OH and the mis-shifts!!...ouch! Damn near ended myself a couple times from hitting a false neutral or getting it into a gear I didn't want at the time. BUT....they finally did wear in and are now a really good set of boots. " Extremely protective ".....compared to my older sets of Tech-8's.
those sg10's sound dangerous Laughing
jamma10
1/31/2014 8:30am
yzjs7 wrote:
You know I want them Gaernes now that my boys wearing them. It sucked not being able to have those Nike boots so I'm glad they're...
Is she OK with sharing her future husband with... you know who?
IWreckALot
1/31/2014 8:33am
jeffro503 wrote:
I have been wearing the SG-10's for about 1.5yrs now.....and honestly , the first couple months sucked with them. Very stiff and very hard to feel...
smezmx wrote:
I'm glad to hear you say that. I just bought a pair of Gaerne Reacts and I keep thinking the bike is bogging or something but I keep hitting the brake. . . Almost go over the handlebars every time. Can't wait for them to loosen up a bit. Race season starts at the end of february. Hopefully they break in before then.
Old-Man
1/31/2014 8:36am
yzjs7 wrote:
jamma10 wrote:
Is she OK with sharing her future husband with... you know who?
Thats what I was thinking, Did you OK this with JS?
jmx411
1/31/2014 8:43am
yzjs7 wrote:
You and JS7 getting married the weekend after Vegas and before Glen Helen? Good timing on yalls part. No wonder Stew has looked so focused lately
jeffro503
1/31/2014 9:00am
jeffro503 wrote:
smezmx wrote:
IWreckALot wrote:
I'm glad to hear you say that. I just bought a pair of Gaerne Reacts and I keep thinking the bike is bogging or something but...
I'm glad to hear you say that. I just bought a pair of Gaerne Reacts and I keep thinking the bike is bogging or something but I keep hitting the brake. . . Almost go over the handlebars every time. Can't wait for them to loosen up a bit. Race season starts at the end of february. Hopefully they break in before then.
You know....if I got another new set today , what i would do is find a creek with a lot of rocks in it and go walking around in it. Seriously....it works great fro breaking boots in. I should of done the same thing with this last set I bought , but never had the time to go do it. Getting them really wet while bending them around really helps. It won't do anything for the plastic parts....but it sure helps with softening up the leather.
jmx411
1/31/2014 9:25am
jeffro503 wrote:
You know....if I got another new set today , what i would do is find a creek with a lot of rocks in it and go...
You know....if I got another new set today , what i would do is find a creek with a lot of rocks in it and go walking around in it. Seriously....it works great fro breaking boots in. I should of done the same thing with this last set I bought , but never had the time to go do it. Getting them really wet while bending them around really helps. It won't do anything for the plastic parts....but it sure helps with softening up the leather.
Old-Man
1/31/2014 9:38am
jeffro503 wrote:
You know....if I got another new set today , what i would do is find a creek with a lot of rocks in it and go...
Wouldn't glove paste do the same?

Used this type shiz on my old leather boots
Katoomey
1/31/2014 9:51am
jeffro503 wrote:
smezmx wrote:
IWreckALot wrote:
I'm glad to hear you say that. I just bought a pair of Gaerne Reacts and I keep thinking the bike is bogging or something but...
rear brake pedals are adjustable.
IWreckALot
1/31/2014 12:01pm
smezmx wrote:
IWreckALot wrote:
Katoomey wrote:
rear brake pedals are adjustable.
I think the brake pedal is at the same height as my previous bike. I am trying to change too much at once. I've gone from a 450 to a 250 2t. I've also started trying to get further over the front of my bike and work on standing more and my posture. When I lean forward, my boot leans forward and hits the brake. I am generally on the ball toes of my feet but I've got a size 12 boot and I think it's just barely clipping the brake. I'll try lowering it and see how that does tomorrow. I just can't feel the shifter and brake as well as I could in the Fox Comp 5's. I'm giving it awhile to break in the boots though. Might go walk around the lake in them sometime when it isn't freezing.
cz2crf2wc
1/31/2014 12:19pm
Haha back in 74 at Irwindale I did the same thing, only difference was almost everyone's boots were all black and I spray painted mine all white. they really stood out.
Big Lenny
1/31/2014 1:17pm
I wear the new 911's just in case...

dirtnapper
1/31/2014 4:42pm
yzjs7 wrote:
I refuse to believe you like girls.................

Woohoo
lostboy819
Fantasy
1568th
1/31/2014 4:48pm
Back when the first Scott boots came out people complained about the same things like missing shift and dragging the brakes etc. All you had to do was adjust your shifter and brake pedal and you are good to go. The Scoot boots are still the best boots I ever had, you could land from and jump and even with those tiny thin foot pegs you didn't feel a thing and you could kick a rock or rut and it didn't hurt at all.
kzizok
Fantasy
1859th
1/31/2014 4:53pm
yzjs7 wrote:
Dude, sorry, but you are weird.
Do_Work
1/31/2014 4:57pm
Clicked because I thought the OP title was "Painted Boobs".

Highly disappointed, but please continue.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1568th
1/31/2014 6:37pm
Do_Work wrote:
Clicked because I thought the OP title was "Painted Boobs".

Highly disappointed, but please continue.
Here is a hint, if yzjs7 starts a thread then its not worth reading and you should scroll right past it. But the dude has some cool bro tats going, I bet there are sculls and snakes on them.

Post a reply to: Painted Boots

The Latest