Paging Team Owner ML512

motogrady
1/5/2020 7:40pm Edited Date/Time 1/9/2020 12:26pm
What's it like?
First time out, any thoughts you'd like to share?
|
lengyel395
1/5/2020 8:00pm
Jerry's mechanic, Connor is a stud. That's all there is to know
ML512
Fantasy
36th
1/6/2020 9:21am
motogrady wrote:
What's it like?
I'm going to record a video in a bit on it, but it was an experience that's for sure...we had an eventful day. Nothing too serious but just lots of little things to clean up to make the day roll smoother. In some aspects I think we did a good job as a team but in other aspects I felt like the guys were still on their own a bit. I mostly need to do a better job of designating what others are doing and getting everybody aware of how the day will roll, where stuff is, etc.

I was running around dealing with guest passes, truck setup stuff, a small trailer problem, trying to help the riders a bit, radio problems, some pitboards that didn't show up, getting pit shirts fixed at 4am that morning...I was the parts guy as I was the one who loaded the majority of the truck on Thursday so even though things are somewhat labeled...I'm the only guy who kinda knew where everything was on the truck. Helping the guys make sure they went through tech and sound alright. I was spare mechanic for two small fire drills, we had Starling wad a bike in heat 1 that required some new plastic, new bars, new grips and throttle tube, new front brake lever, new exhaust system, I had to bend his seat tabs back straight, straighten up the front end, swap a folded back shift lever...and something else. Laughing

I slept three hours the night before the race and about four hours after the race as I had to run back to the stadium and prep Blose's practice bike in the parking lot so he could take it back to Arizona. Then we got the semi back home and unloaded the other race bikes and started inventory and making lists of shit we didn't have at A1 that we didn't think about.

There's a ton more that happened, but that's the jist of it.
CM_84
1/6/2020 10:15am
Congrats on your first race.
It’s a massive achievement!
mxrose3
Fantasy
853rd
1/6/2020 10:23am
Props to you ML!
I know it is no easy task, but you are doing a major service for both the riders and the fans.

The Shop

shuggs
1/6/2020 10:24am
ML512 wrote:
I'm going to record a video in a bit on it, but it was an experience that's for sure...we had an eventful day. Nothing too serious...
I'm going to record a video in a bit on it, but it was an experience that's for sure...we had an eventful day. Nothing too serious but just lots of little things to clean up to make the day roll smoother. In some aspects I think we did a good job as a team but in other aspects I felt like the guys were still on their own a bit. I mostly need to do a better job of designating what others are doing and getting everybody aware of how the day will roll, where stuff is, etc.

I was running around dealing with guest passes, truck setup stuff, a small trailer problem, trying to help the riders a bit, radio problems, some pitboards that didn't show up, getting pit shirts fixed at 4am that morning...I was the parts guy as I was the one who loaded the majority of the truck on Thursday so even though things are somewhat labeled...I'm the only guy who kinda knew where everything was on the truck. Helping the guys make sure they went through tech and sound alright. I was spare mechanic for two small fire drills, we had Starling wad a bike in heat 1 that required some new plastic, new bars, new grips and throttle tube, new front brake lever, new exhaust system, I had to bend his seat tabs back straight, straighten up the front end, swap a folded back shift lever...and something else. Laughing

I slept three hours the night before the race and about four hours after the race as I had to run back to the stadium and prep Blose's practice bike in the parking lot so he could take it back to Arizona. Then we got the semi back home and unloaded the other race bikes and started inventory and making lists of shit we didn't have at A1 that we didn't think about.

Just a nice easy, quiet, slow day then WoohooSilly
Madmax31
Fantasy
128th
1/6/2020 10:24am
motogrady wrote:
What's it like?
ML512 wrote:
I'm going to record a video in a bit on it, but it was an experience that's for sure...we had an eventful day. Nothing too serious...

Really cool you're doing this! Hope it works out well for you. The sport needs more people like you!
DKmxFAN
1/6/2020 10:26am
motogrady wrote:
What's it like?
ML512 wrote:

Good job ML
1/6/2020 10:26am
motogrady wrote:
What's it like?
ML512 wrote:

I got overwhelmed just reading that lol good for you man, your living a “dream” most of us only sit and talk about our entire lives. Motivating shit.
NJKawi913
1/6/2020 10:30am
start a supercross team, it will be fun they said
1/6/2020 10:36am
Thanks for the update ML.Wishing the best for your team this season!
Tarz483
Fantasy
379th
1/6/2020 10:50am
Thanks for taking the time to write here.
1/6/2020 11:08am
We need to see how gray your hair is by the end of the series ML Silly
philG
1/6/2020 11:20am
its the simple shit that robs the time. Can anyone say 'INTERN'
1/6/2020 11:32am
ML512 wrote:

Mike, are you guys gonna start selling merch that we can buy to support the team?
ML512
Fantasy
36th
1/6/2020 12:10pm
philG wrote:
its the simple shit that robs the time. Can anyone say 'INTERN'
Truth....so much truth
Motofinne
1/6/2020 12:19pm Edited Date/Time 1/6/2020 12:21pm
We need to see how gray your hair is by the end of the series ML Silly
ML might be bald once fall is here Laughing

Serious props to ML, the team to follow in 2020!
MXATC
Fantasy
2333rd
1/6/2020 12:50pm
ML I applaud you starting your own team. I think it's awesome and I've always thought it would be cool to start a race team. Of course I wouldn't know where to start or how to keep a budget. But pretty cool none the less.
ktmwoods
1/6/2020 12:51pm
damn I would volunteer to help you on race weekends if I could, that is a lot on your plate ML. Delegate all you can
kiwifan
1/6/2020 2:13pm
ML512 wrote:

Mike, are you guys gonna start selling merch that we can buy to support the team?
He might not have enough time to arrange it all I suspect....might not be until later in the season ...if it happens
Gilby122
1/6/2020 4:12pm
man.....I know prepping my bike and then prepping my sons bike ... gear... trailer... gas... food... the week of a race keeps me up late for the whole week and that's for the 40+ and 85B class! Laughing Can't imagine doing it on that scale at that level where there's so much money involved! Kudos to you man!! Crazy and cool! Soak it all in!
dan45mt
1/6/2020 6:03pm
Good luck ML and Great accomplishments!
Go Chris Blose!!
Moto520
1/6/2020 6:20pm
Nice deal. Lindsey is cool because he has the same passion as many of us and went a step further. Good for you in regards to keeping the passion projects alive. I’ll be following your guys whether they do well or not.
motogrady
1/6/2020 6:59pm
MXATC wrote:
ML I applaud you starting your own team. I think it's awesome and I've always thought it would be cool to start a race team. Of...
ML I applaud you starting your own team. I think it's awesome and I've always thought it would be cool to start a race team. Of course I wouldn't know where to start or how to keep a budget. But pretty cool none the less.
Ya, I've also thought many a time having an outdoors team would be tits. A tight group, traveling the country, a platoon of semi outlaws, with a foxhole mentality, us against the world, grabbing all we could. Effin coolness defined.

Thanks for the glimpse Michael, best of luck, you guys will do just fine. Hope u keep it comin.
walent215
1/6/2020 7:16pm
ML512 wrote:

This^^
jeffro503
1/6/2020 7:53pm
ML A1 [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/01/06/396576/s1200_DCF17601_B6A9_43D6_BBC7_95787B8538E2.jpg[/img] ML Salt Lake [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/01/06/396577/s1200_D5E322F3_411D_4E44_B69F_B45210B5839B.jpg[/img]
ML A1

ML Salt Lake

Pfft haha!! That was good!

Serious note , Michael it sounds like you have worked your ass off. And you know the old saying of " You get what you put in ".......there may be some more bumps in the road , but it sounds like you're doing a pretty awesome job ,at keeping this thing together. Good job and congrats on getting round 1 out of the way.
daemon616
1/6/2020 8:09pm
Gratz ML512 for making it happen!
Bermworm
1/6/2020 9:09pm
Good luck the rest of the way. Nicely done.

Post a reply to: Paging Team Owner ML512

The Latest