Paging DC

Meister
Edited Date/Time 1/13/2022 8:50am
Looking for clarification on the new +30 name change for Lorettas. Is it truly a b/c class or still dictated by the ama point rule?
|
MXER231
1/5/2022 2:25pm
Yeah this decision has not only ruined my day but potentially my year.
Robinson340
Fantasy
4386th
1/5/2022 2:27pm
Meister wrote:
Looking for clarification on the new +30 name change for Lorettas. Is it truly a b/c class or still dictated by the ama point rule?
Yep. B/C. We just called MxSports and they confirmed.
daboza27
1/5/2022 3:30pm
Yup that’s what busting your ass for years to finally get that that level gets you.
They just destroyed what was already a blue collar working man’s class. Everybody racing that class busts their ass, there’s nothing special about any of em except they are dedicated and fast. But now they get a big F U because they chose to race in an A discipline.
All the sandbaggers will be coming out of the woodwork now.
Bow977
Fantasy
99th
1/5/2022 3:37pm
Does that mean no more A riders in the 30 B/C? Sorry, not too up to date on the Loretta's classes.

The Shop

Johnny Ringo
1/5/2022 3:38pm
daboza27 wrote:
Yup that’s what busting your ass for years to finally get that that level gets you. They just destroyed what was already a blue collar working...
Yup that’s what busting your ass for years to finally get that that level gets you.
They just destroyed what was already a blue collar working man’s class. Everybody racing that class busts their ass, there’s nothing special about any of em except they are dedicated and fast. But now they get a big F U because they chose to race in an A discipline.
It’s an amateur race
Meister
1/5/2022 3:45pm
daboza27 wrote:
Yup that’s what busting your ass for years to finally get that that level gets you. They just destroyed what was already a blue collar working...
This is why I assumed it was still going to be a pro point rule kinda thing by the wording in the latest change. They took it way further than I talked about. I always recommended just no fast 40 guys. I was always good with A riders being allowed.
daboza27
1/5/2022 3:53pm Edited Date/Time 1/5/2022 4:02pm
daboza27 wrote:
It’s an amateur race
You know what makes someone an A rider? Signing up for A class, that’s it!
The only difference between the 30A and 30B guys is the choice made to race the faster class. We are all full time working weekend warriors. I don’t know anyone in the previous class structure that wasn’t.

It’s a sandbagger class now any way you slice it, and the people that put in the work to be at a national level got the shaft.

daboza27
1/5/2022 3:56pm Edited Date/Time 1/5/2022 3:56pm
daboza27 wrote:
Meister wrote:
This is why I assumed it was still going to be a pro point rule kinda thing by the wording in the latest change. They took...
This is why I assumed it was still going to be a pro point rule kinda thing by the wording in the latest change. They took it way further than I talked about. I always recommended just no fast 40 guys. I was always good with A riders being allowed.
I’d even agree that pro license guys shouldn’t be allowed, but the A thing is just silly. Screws people that do 30A at races like Vetfest too. People that may have never even ran a true A class as we know it.
crusher773
1/5/2022 4:02pm
Why is that every year I age into a class MX sports decides to change it up? I was planning on traveling west to try and qualify for +40. Well now instead of screwing over the +30 class they decided to screw over the +40 class. So thanks for that one. Really ruined my plans for that. Look forward to it for about 5 years and then just nope. Here is an idea make a damn vet pro class and if you have ever raced A that is your class all the rest should be B/C. A class riders belong together.
Meister
1/5/2022 4:08pm
daboza27 wrote:
Meister wrote:
This is why I assumed it was still going to be a pro point rule kinda thing by the wording in the latest change. They took...
daboza27 wrote:
I’d even agree that pro license guys shouldn’t be allowed, but the A thing is just silly. Screws people that do 30A at races like Vetfest...
I’d even agree that pro license guys shouldn’t be allowed, but the A thing is just silly. Screws people that do 30A at races like Vetfest too. People that may have never even ran a true A class as we know it.
I know some..... Slower guys that have bought a pro license. It was like over the counter easy back in the early 2000s... That's why I've said all along the determining factor should be if you've ever made a night show or moto mains..
chasetwo79
1/5/2022 4:23pm
I’m confused why everyone is mad. Didn’t MXsports add an extra Vet Class by doing this?
neysbo
1/5/2022 4:27pm
All about the money and who greases mxsports wheels. Davey and team are true whores to the money and ass kissers.
There is a reason they are called the MX Sports Mafia, they pull the same shit in the Pros to.

crusher773
1/5/2022 4:35pm Edited Date/Time 1/5/2022 4:40pm
I still like the idea that was brought up a while back about adding a vet week in there. The Vets are what pour money into the sport and we get stiffed every year. This class structure shouldn't be hard and if it's about money it would bring in a ton more.
Meister
1/5/2022 4:41pm
chasetwo79 wrote:
I’m confused why everyone is mad. Didn’t MXsports add an extra Vet Class by doing this?
No, they just changed the class rules for 1 class. I did just notice the R+ class of 35 b/c is no more and it's now a +30 open skill level.
MXER231
1/5/2022 4:54pm
There is no fix for it. There can’t be 1 class that pleases both. I don’t get why some people think old pros are still pros?? If you don’t race full time as your job then your not a pro. There are more youth at the ranch that should be considered pro than the vet guys everyone complains about. How is a weekend warrior that use to have a pro card more pro than a kid with a factory ride that lives at a training facility?? The kids racing are far from amateur so everyone that screams it’s an amateur event obviously has no idea how serious these mini kids are.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
1/5/2022 5:26pm
Someone should put on a big vet race in Ponca or another central location and they can let all the people who are excluded from LLs. Not dumping on LL at all because they can only run so many classes but there looks to be a market for another big race that may focus on vet classes and other classes that they may not run at LLs
Radical
Fantasy
2384th
1/5/2022 5:38pm
Can someone explain exactly what's going on, what is broken now, and what a best case solution is?
Meister
1/5/2022 5:48pm
Radical wrote:
Can someone explain exactly what's going on, what is broken now, and what a best case solution is?
+30 was a sportsman class. This meant anyone who had never scored a national point could race it. (21st or worse at an outdoor could still race it)..

Now it's limited to a B/C class.

No matter what, someone's pissed.

The way that seems most fair to me is, anyone is eligible unless you have qualified for an outdoor national or a supercross night show.
ArmPumped
1/5/2022 6:21pm
Canadian here sorry for the ignorance. Why are 30+ racing Loretta’s? I thought it was mostly a kids event?
Trig331
1/5/2022 6:34pm Edited Date/Time 1/6/2022 1:24pm
DC, I know someone will complain no matter what you do, but is there any explanation for the change? I don’t recall seeing the B/C designation in the proposed classes sent out a couple months back so folks could provide feedback on the changes.
Dirt.Squirt
1/5/2022 6:37pm
ArmPumped wrote:
Canadian here sorry for the ignorance. Why are 30+ racing Loretta’s? I thought it was mostly a kids event?
Vet racing is super popular here and it’s not just a kids race but an amateur motocross race. Same reason there is vet classes at your local races.
ArmPumped
1/5/2022 6:40pm
ArmPumped wrote:
Vet racing is super popular here and it’s not just a kids race but an amateur motocross race. Same reason there is vet classes at your...
Vet racing is super popular here and it’s not just a kids race but an amateur motocross race. Same reason there is vet classes at your local races.
There seems to be enough support at American Amateur events that they could run qualifying times to line up classes for anyone over 25? I mean Loretta’s is like a week and a half long right? Couldn’t they run 10 minute qualifying practices at the beginning of the week with transponders and just have a computer assign classes?

Genuinely asking. No contention here. I wish we could get that kind of support and people that cared this much up here near me.
Dirt.Squirt
1/5/2022 6:59pm
ArmPumped wrote:
There seems to be enough support at American Amateur events that they could run qualifying times to line up classes for anyone over 25? I mean...
There seems to be enough support at American Amateur events that they could run qualifying times to line up classes for anyone over 25? I mean Loretta’s is like a week and a half long right? Couldn’t they run 10 minute qualifying practices at the beginning of the week with transponders and just have a computer assign classes?

Genuinely asking. No contention here. I wish we could get that kind of support and people that cared this much up here near me.
They could but I imagine that would open up the opportunity for people to back it down to be placed in a lower skill group
dkurtd
1/5/2022 7:20pm
Someone must have gotten DC's ear. Two weeks ago the 30,40 and 45 classes were Sportsman. Now 40 is open to all and 30 is B/C. That's a pretty big change in such a short time.
moto804
1/5/2022 8:29pm
Really curious how this is going to be enforced.

If someone self advanced to the A class, can they petition their local District to drop back down to B? I know a few people who have done that, but not sure if that would make them eligible or not.
dkurtd
1/5/2022 8:36pm Edited Date/Time 1/5/2022 8:40pm
moto804 wrote:
Really curious how this is going to be enforced. If someone self advanced to the A class, can they petition their local District to drop back...
Really curious how this is going to be enforced.

If someone self advanced to the A class, can they petition their local District to drop back down to B? I know a few people who have done that, but not sure if that would make them eligible or not.
They would have to appeal to the AMA if they are listed as an "A" rider in the AMA database (Race Center).

https://americanmotorcyclist.com/racer-advancement-and-appeal/
McG194
1/5/2022 8:51pm
crusher773 wrote:
I still like the idea that was brought up a while back about adding a vet week in there. The Vets are what pour money into...
I still like the idea that was brought up a while back about adding a vet week in there. The Vets are what pour money into the sport and we get stiffed every year. This class structure shouldn't be hard and if it's about money it would bring in a ton more.
Vet week is a silly idea. Vet riders don't spend any money on motorcycles or racing. All of us guys that don't have any kids at home and were too poor to race LL's as kids and young adults but have plenty of cash now have no interest in Racing LL's.

Besides they wouldn't want to invest any money in heavy duty axles for the money wheelbarrow. lol
crusher773
1/6/2022 6:52am Edited Date/Time 1/6/2022 9:47am
I still don't get why +25 and then have 1 open vet pro class is an issue. Some of us work hard to try and get faster to have a shot at qualifying then they turn around and open your class up to pros. It's BS. So have a vet pro and local pros that are right there on the cusp of making that can be told the same thing we all are. Just get faster. It's just having guys in the right classes and opening up to pros is total crap. Once a pro, always a pro because you have that set of skills no matter what. I worked my ass off to lose a bunch of weight and make a run at qualifying in 40 this year and now it's just completely shot. These classes got completely changed from what was put out. Can we at least quit doing this crap like clockwork every 5 years because it continually screws over the same group of guys.
yak651
Fantasy
192nd
1/6/2022 7:18am
dkurtd wrote:
Someone must have gotten DC's ear. Two weeks ago the 30,40 and 45 classes were Sportsman. Now 40 is open to all and 30 is B/C...
Someone must have gotten DC's ear. Two weeks ago the 30,40 and 45 classes were Sportsman. Now 40 is open to all and 30 is B/C. That's a pretty big change in such a short time.
Kinda ridiculous they changed this after it was posted earlier. DC care to chime in on the reasoning/process for the changes? Why aren't proposed rule changes for classes publicized beforehand? How do AMA members offer input on proposed rule changes? I know at local level we can attend the annual banquet (and they make that difficult by having the "open" period during a work day when the rest of the meetings are after work hours or on a saturday but that's another story...)

Post a reply to: Paging DC

The Latest