Pacnw riders - that chicken song at washougal

6/4/2020 4:14pm Edited Date/Time 6/5/2020 4:04pm
This is something only pacnw riders will know and it's only ever been played at washougal in the early morning. It might also be an old timers Oregon round at washougal.

I haven't heard in a few years now but I've heard it more than once before. Always played during the early morning over the track pa system.

It has to be the cookest song ever it's like a rooster just going. Bawk bawka bawka baawwkk. Everyone once in awhile some like back up chickens come with a chorus of baawwkk.

Nobody seems to know what it is nor does anybody who knows will say like who did it or made it. I've always wondered if it was maybe something local.
|
Johnny Ringo
6/4/2020 4:20pm
Pot may be legal in WA but I think you outta slow it down a touch
6/4/2020 4:35pm
Pot may be legal in WA but I think you outta slow it down a touch
If you heard it you would know instead of making stupid wise ass jokes. People who have been at the track and had the privilege of hearing it know what I'm talking about. It has to be the strangest song I've ever heard. Someone told me it has been going on since the early 80's.
ACBraap
Fantasy
450th
6/5/2020 1:04pm
I've spent a lot of time at Washougal, guess I either never go there that early, or never stayed up that late.
6/5/2020 1:28pm
ACBraap wrote:
I've spent a lot of time at Washougal, guess I either never go there that early, or never stayed up that late.
I have only heard it during Sunday morning usually on day 2 of the Oregon old timers race. Usually right before they are about to start first talking on the pa for the morning. Usually only for a couple of minutes. I think i heard it once at a top gun race.

Reese that's not even close to what the song is like. It has an older like. Twangy country style to it. It reminds me of something you might have heard on the muppets show.

The first time I heard it was in like 03 and I've heard it about 4 times since. It's so random when they do play it. The first time I heard it i was like what the hell is this?! My friend was like it's the chicken song.

Last time I heard it was like 2 years ago at the Oregon old timers race. It's probably on a cassette tape inside the washougal scoring tower.

The last time i asked about it someone knew what it was but they wouldn't say whom it was by or anything. Just that it was a long time track tradition.

The Shop

6/5/2020 1:46pm
I found this old reply on thumper talk from 2004

Post a reply to: Pacnw riders - that chicken song at washougal

The Latest