PULPMX- Star Yamaha Bike Test

Related:
Create New Tag

3/3/2020 6:09 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/3/2020 8:24 AM

Backstory for those who don't know:

-Keefer and Steve with PulpMX was asking to test the Star Yamaha 250 since washougal last year and it has been serious but turned into a running joke with will hahn holding it over their heads.
-Swap Moto live tested the bike this week
-its not Will Hahns fault and Yamaha isn't happy about it (I enjoy Will Hahns segment)
-Swap was given an opportunity and took it. Not really a bad decision on him either.
-Matthes made clear in monday's show he isn't bummed with Yamaha, Hahn or Swap..
-Some guy named Brad at Star dislikes Steve and orchestrated the test with swap
-There are many pulp supportive/disappointed posts on Swap Moto live's page

It would be great if everybody posts support to Pulp to Star Yamaha or Swap Moto Lives Instagram.

-not advocating harassing or psycho stuff. Something more along the lines of funny/trolling to show how many there are for support of Pulp, Keefer, basset hounds etc.

|

3/3/2020 6:14 AM

phatfi20 wrote:

Backstory for those who don't know:

-Keefer and Steve with PulpMX was asking to test the Star Yamaha 250 since washougal last year and it has been serious but turned into a running joke with will hahn holding it over their heads.
-Swap Moto live tested the bike this week
-its not Will Hahns fault and Yamaha isn't happy about it (I enjoy Will Hahns segment)
-Swap was given an opportunity and took it. Not really a bad decision on him either.
-Matthes made clear in monday's show he isn't bummed with Yamaha, Hahn or Swap..
-Some guy named Brad at Star dislikes Steve and orchestrated the test with swap
-There are many pulp supportive/disappointed posts on Swap Moto live's page

It would be great if everybody posts support to Pulp to Star Yamaha or Swap Moto Lives Instagram.

-not advocating harassing or psycho stuff. Something more along the lines of funny/trolling to show how many there are for support of Pulp, Keefer, basset hounds etc.

I do Like Steve and Keefer, but some of the running joke stuff like that gets played out dragged out way to far, if I never heard that joke again it would be to soon, either test the bike or don't.

|

3/3/2020 6:25 AM


Swap is cool too and probably asked as often as Pulp to make a test. No need to make it personal, i guess everyone in the industry has regularly the opportunity to be the first tester and the "competitors" are not crying about it.
|

3/3/2020 6:48 AM

Haha Keefer was not happy with that rant on the pulp show lol

|

3/3/2020 6:50 AM

I've listened throughout this whole saga, and you know what, I think it is on Wil to an extent. You can't tell me he hasn't been dragging this out and that there was really NO chance in the past six months to get them an hour on that bike? Something that would have undoubtedly been stellar PR for the team and manufacturer?

|

3/3/2020 6:51 AM

You win some, you lose some. grow up.

|

- Filthy Euro
- Silly prankster
- Life-long Zook fan
- Rooting for all privateers on this rotating ball of carbon, hydrogen, silicon and poop

3/3/2020 7:07 AM

It was pure comedy gold in the beginning, then it got to be old after it became a weekly topic.

I think the nail in the coffin was last week during the Works Connection Wil Call, when Steve was harassing Wil about his girlfriend and saying she didn't exist and etc. Could just be me, but it seemed that Wil was bothered by that. In my opinion, that's something you do between friends in a group text, not on a live on a podcast with thousands of listeners.

Hopefully things cool down eventually and Wil becomes a regular call in again on Monday's show because I really get a kick out of his sense of humor.

|

Do It In The Dirt!

3/3/2020 7:09 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/3/2020 7:10 AM

Zeke27G wrote:

It was pure comedy gold in the beginning, then it got to be old after it became a weekly topic.

I think the nail in the coffin was last week during the Works Connection Wil Call, when Steve was harassing Wil about his girlfriend and saying she didn't exist and etc. Could just be me, but it seemed that Wil was bothered by that. In my opinion, that's something you do between friends in a group text, not on a live on a podcast with thousands of listeners.

Hopefully things cool down eventually and Wil becomes a regular call in again on Monday's show because I really get a kick out of his sense of humor.

Wil Facetimed back in after that call and had the chick flip Steve off. I'm just guessing that was all in good fun man. I didn't feel that it bothered Wil at all.

|

3/3/2020 7:10 AM

I don't think Steve would ask anyone to do that. Plus people don't know how to keep comments tasteful lol

|

3/3/2020 7:14 AM

Keefer with that passion. You could tell he was bummed.

I personally would have enjoyed reading his feedback vs. PF, which wasn't bad either.

|

3/3/2020 7:18 AM

I saw some shit on twitter from DV last week.. how did he get involved?

|

3/3/2020 7:19 AM

Doesn't matter, I believe they are going to test the Geico Honda bikes.

|

3/3/2020 7:29 AM

phatfi20 wrote:

Backstory for those who don't know:

-Keefer and Steve with PulpMX was asking to test the Star Yamaha 250 since washougal last year and it has been serious but turned into a running joke with will hahn holding it over their heads.
-Swap Moto live tested the bike this week
-its not Will Hahns fault and Yamaha isn't happy about it (I enjoy Will Hahns segment)
-Swap was given an opportunity and took it. Not really a bad decision on him either.
-Matthes made clear in monday's show he isn't bummed with Yamaha, Hahn or Swap..
-Some guy named Brad at Star dislikes Steve and orchestrated the test with swap
-There are many pulp supportive/disappointed posts on Swap Moto live's page

It would be great if everybody posts support to Pulp to Star Yamaha or Swap Moto Lives Instagram.

-not advocating harassing or psycho stuff. Something more along the lines of funny/trolling to show how many there are for support of Pulp, Keefer, basset hounds etc.

Tarz483 wrote:

I do Like Steve and Keefer, but some of the running joke stuff like that gets played out dragged out way to far, if I never heard that joke again it would be to soon, either test the bike or don't.

The thing is, they were legitimately led on that Pulp/Keefer Inc. would be testing the bike for 6+ months. In my opinion it was distasteful and disrespectful whoever at Star would lead them on like that, especially for so long.

It wasn’t a drug out joke, even though they took it stride. It was a drug out empty promise/business plan. I understand Keefer’s frustration. If they can’t test the bike, tell them they can’t test the bike. Grade school behavior.

|

3/3/2020 7:33 AM

You guys take this shit too serious

|

3/3/2020 7:38 AM

aeffertz wrote:

The thing is, they were legitimately led on that Pulp/Keefer Inc. would be testing the bike for 6+ months. In my opinion it was distasteful and disrespectful whoever at Star would lead them on like that, especially for so long.

It wasn’t a drug out joke, even though they took it stride. It was a drug out empty promise/business plan. I understand Keefer’s frustration. If they can’t test the bike, tell them they can’t test the bike. Grade school behavior.

This shit was all on Will in my opinion. I don't think he wanted to do it and kept pushing it off, someone in the Star organization took it one step further with SwapMoto. It may have seemed funny to Will but this was a big FU in the faces of Matthes and Keefer. If the boys at Swap had any integrity at all they would have said..."Well aren't Pulpmx/Keefer Inc Testing first in line?" Instead they jumped at the chance.

|

3/3/2020 7:43 AM

Great opportunity for Geico and PC to come in and get some press.

Kinda shitty that yamaha did this. Yes its a joke that is played out too far but when they dump quite a bit of money into the pulp empire they should have just let them ride the damn bike.

|

3/3/2020 7:47 AM

It’s faster than a stock yz250f, and handles like a dream.

What else do you need to know?

|

3/3/2020 7:47 AM

Have any of you stepped back to consider that this whole, long, drawn out, overhyped scenario could possibly be an orchestrated act to get people on forums and social media to talk about the show? Publicity stunt. The reaction to this is MUCH bigger than an actual Star bike test by any media outlet would’ve generated alone.

|

3/3/2020 7:52 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/3/2020 7:53 AM

Hudd_421 wrote:

I don't think Steve would ask anyone to do that. Plus people don't know how to keep comments tasteful lol

Of course he wouldn't. That would be a bad look and make him look really bitter.

That is why his loyal fans do it for him. smile....even though he doesn't want to go mountain biking with any of us.

Its all in good fun.....except for brad.

|

3/3/2020 7:54 AM

crowe176 wrote:

It’s faster than a stock yz250f, and handles like a dream.

What else do you need to know?

How do the engine mounts feel?

|

3/3/2020 8:02 AM

Bramlett321 wrote:

This shit was all on Will in my opinion. I don't think he wanted to do it and kept pushing it off, someone in the Star organization took it one step further with SwapMoto. It may have seemed funny to Will but this was a big FU in the faces of Matthes and Keefer. If the boys at Swap had any integrity at all they would have said..."Well aren't Pulpmx/Keefer Inc Testing first in line?" Instead they jumped at the chance.

Matthes and Keefer made clear they aren't bummed with Hahn or Swap.

|

3/3/2020 8:06 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/3/2020 8:06 AM

crowe176 wrote:

It’s faster than a stock yz250f, and handles like a dream.

What else do you need to know?

Dirty Points wrote:

How do the engine mounts feel?

Better than stock

|

3/3/2020 8:09 AM

I think this is mostly all made up, like pro wrestling.

However Matthes has in the past talked some shit on Brad Hoffman, who is the manager/crew chief alongside Wil Hahn at Star Yamaha. Not in the past few years, but going way further back through Pulp archives one could find examples of Steve taking some shots. If you're a long time listener you've probably heard some of it.

|

Old MXer turned Superfan.

3/3/2020 8:20 AM

crowe176 wrote:

It’s faster than a stock yz250f, and handles like a dream.

What else do you need to know?

Dirty Points wrote:

How do the engine mounts feel?

Very solid when you squeeze them. Cold to the touch when the bike's been in a cold environment, hot to the touch right after the bike's been ridden.

|

3/3/2020 8:28 AM

crowe176 wrote:

It’s faster than a stock yz250f, and handles like a dream.

What else do you need to know?

Dirty Points wrote:

How do the engine mounts feel?

Matt Fisher wrote:

Very solid when you squeeze them. Cold to the touch when the bike's been in a cold environment, hot to the touch right after the bike's been ridden.

I concur

|

3/3/2020 9:07 AM

Nothing against Steve but I really don't care if they snub him, but I did feel bad for Keefer. Either way, it was just cool that someone got to test 1 of the bikes. And thanks to PF and Swap for doing it. I enjoyed it. It's really not a big deal though.

|

3/3/2020 9:46 AM

blockhead17 wrote:

Haha Keefer was not happy with that rant on the pulp show lol

I understand Keefer being disappointed...but he needs to chill.

|

3/3/2020 10:17 AM

Hudd_421 wrote:

I don't think Steve would ask anyone to do that. Plus people don't know how to keep comments tasteful lol

phatfi20 wrote:

Of course he wouldn't. That would be a bad look and make him look really bitter.

That is why his loyal fans do it for him. smile....even though he doesn't want to go mountain biking with any of us.

Its all in good fun.....except for brad.

It's not our issue though. Yeah, it's kinda public domain at this point given the 6 moths of hype,and now discussing it over the air. But this doesn't really impact you or I. I just would rather everyone not comment, then a bunch comment and a few make some poor choices making Steve/the show/ fans look bad.

I'm a huge fan too, so I don't like how it all played out anymore than the next fan!

|

3/3/2020 10:24 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/3/2020 10:27 AM

Hudd_421 wrote:

It's not our issue though. Yeah, it's kinda public domain at this point given the 6 moths of hype,and now discussing it over the air. But this doesn't really impact you or I. I just would rather everyone not comment, then a bunch comment and a few make some poor choices making Steve/the show/ fans look bad.

I'm a huge fan too, so I don't like how it all played out anymore than the next fan!

Why does it have to impact me directly? Its not someones personal issue at all and its actually business. I actually wanted Keefer to test it first and now he can't. That was the whole point of this guy Brad doing this.

In fact, I don't think anything can be possibly more "public domain" than media outlet matters.

Its harmless. Its like, have an opinion on something in a public forum, ya know?

|

3/3/2020 10:32 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/3/2020 10:57 AM

hamncheeze wrote:

I think this is mostly all made up, like pro wrestling.

However Matthes has in the past talked some shit on Brad Hoffman, who is the manager/crew chief alongside Wil Hahn at Star Yamaha. Not in the past few years, but going way further back through Pulp archives one could find examples of Steve taking some shots. If you're a long time listener you've probably heard some of it.

It’s nothing more than exactly what Matthes said last night: someone didn’t want his group to test his bike for past reasons and they reached out to Donn because he’s close to the team.

Donn doesn’t listen to pulp the same way Matthes doesn’t look at our content. It’s nothing personal, it’s just how they are.

The pulp super fans that badgered the team didn’t help the cause, either. Comments like fuck Wil Hahn, while funny, aren’t well received by people at decision making levels.

(Don’t quite understand the thumbs down considering I’m giving you the complete truth and even more context into the situation but okay...)

|