PSA to Honda Ridgeline fans

Related:
Create New Tag

6/8/2021 8:37 AM

Sell that compact economy sedan and get the new Ford Maverick - at least looks nice and comes from a brand that knows a thing or two about trucks.

|

6/8/2021 8:42 AM

RalphS wrote:

Sell that compact economy sedan and get the new Ford Maverick - at least looks nice and comes from a brand that knows a thing ...more

Or Honda could come out with a legit truck that looks like a truck not some Truck/SUV hybrid that looks stupid. Honda is missing the boat COMPLETELY. How many people drive a Honda, have a Honda lawn mower, dirt bike, motorcycle, etc. I would get a Honda truck in a second if it didn't look like an ugly step child.

|

6/8/2021 8:44 AM

They are both unibody trucks (ie, cars). No thanks.

|

6/8/2021 8:51 AM

RalphS wrote:

Sell that compact economy sedan and get the new Ford Maverick - at least looks nice and comes from a brand that knows a thing ...more

mx 219 wrote:

Or Honda could come out with a legit truck that looks like a truck not some Truck/SUV hybrid that looks stupid. Honda is ...more

That's exactly what they were going for. The anti-truck truck.

|

6/8/2021 8:53 AM

More Camino. Photo

|

6/8/2021 8:56 AM

Maverick has a 4.5 foot bed. Not even enough to fit two dirtbikes into...

Honda wins that battle.

|

6/8/2021 8:59 AM

I dig my Ridgeline, does everything I need it to do well. Glad to see more competition in this genre though.

Photo

|

6/8/2021 9:00 AM

yz133rider wrote:

Maverick has a 4.5 foot bed. Not even enough to fit two dirtbikes into...

Honda wins that battle.

6' with the tail gate down. Itll fit 1 bike sideways. But ya know, gonna need that $300 bed extender and a trailer if you wanna take a 2nd bike.
Still, $20k and gets 40mpg. Not a bad option for parents looking to get their high school/college aged kid a "nice" new car.

|

6/8/2021 9:01 AM

No single cab 8' bed... Not a real mini truck.

|

6/8/2021 9:02 AM

But really the Maverick doesn't compete with the Ridgeline. Ridgeline is a midsize truck, the Maverick is a compact. The Ridgeline is just an unibody truck in a bof field.

|

6/8/2021 9:35 AM

RalphS wrote:

mx 219 wrote:

Or Honda could come out with a legit truck that looks like a truck not some Truck/SUV hybrid that looks stupid. Honda is ...more

Hahaha...completely?? I don't agree at all. I like it.

|

6/8/2021 9:35 AM

The Maverick is a newer release of the Explorer Sport trac.

|

Powerband in every gear !

6/8/2021 9:51 AM

I love my Ridgeline. I drove Dylan’s new Tacoma from Cahuilla Creek last Wednesday for 45 minutes. My 4-year-old Ridgeline drives 10 times better and has way more room inside. Tacoma feels like riding Lakewood on SX suspensions in an economy rental car. No thanks.

|

6/8/2021 9:53 AM

Is that thing sold at Toys R Us? 😂
Photo

|

6/8/2021 10:10 AM

Rupert X wrote:

More Camino. Photo

Rup, just did a Mic drop on this thread!

|

6/8/2021 10:12 AM

Damn nice small truck I think. I’m just a tad bit biased though. 24 years here at FoMoCo and I hope we sell a bunch of them.

|

6/8/2021 10:27 AM

I like it. It could be a SUV killer for families who want to haul stuff now and then.

To dv12's point, how well does it drive? I recently rode in a newer ford truck and it felt a lot like my 1993 F150...

|

6/8/2021 10:30 AM

“I’ll take what is a Bronco Sport Pick-Up for $100, Gene...”

Note: Bronco Sport ain’t a real Bronco...it’s an Escape with retro-boxy body work.

|

Nobody ever told me, I found out for myself. You've got to believe in foolish miracles. It's not how you play the game, it's if you win or lose. You can choose. Don't confuse. Win or lose. It's up to you!

6/8/2021 10:37 AM

dv12.com wrote:

I love my Ridgeline. I drove Dylan’s new Tacoma from Cahuilla Creek last Wednesday for 45 minutes. My 4-year-old Ridgeline ...more

I own a Tacoma and 100% agree with this statement.

|

6/8/2021 10:42 AM

Photo

Frontier never gets any love sad. I think it’s the best looking small truck by far. My Titan has 200k miles never one single issue!
|

6/8/2021 10:42 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/8/2021 10:43 AM

MudPup545 wrote:

Damn nice small truck I think. I’m just a tad bit biased though. 24 years here at FoMoCo and I hope we sell a bunch of them.
...more

The truck bed is now a "maker space." I'm surprise they didn't mention that it comes in everyone's boyfriend's favorite shade of light teal or whatever that is.

My buddy down in Costa Rica has the best Ford truck I know of; I would have bought one years ago if they sold them here. It think it is a 2008 model that was sold as a Ranger. It has the same body (four door and short bed) as the old Explorer SportTrack here in the US...but it has a 2.0 liter (i think) Powerstroke in it, 5 speed MT, different suspension, and it's absolutely bulletproof. I believe he said they were made in Brazil?

Not the best pic, but here she is seven years ago. Dried the damn thing out and it's been running fine ever since.
Photo

|

6/8/2021 12:00 PM

colintrax wrote:

But really the Maverick doesn't compete with the Ridgeline. Ridgeline is a midsize truck, the Maverick is a compact. The ...more

My PSA on the subject, real trucks have frames.

|

The older I get, the faster I was.

6/8/2021 12:16 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/8/2021 12:23 PM

I put a reserve on one...XLT with Sunroof and hitch. $25k
It's either this, or a full sized truck from 2015 with 100k miles. Sometimes I can find a Ford f150 from 2015 with less than 100k but it's rare (For $25k). At least here in Indiana.
This truck seems perfect to me. It's smaller (I'm short). The Ranger has been perfect so far and this is pretty close to size. It gets way better gas mileage. I can use a hitch mount... Yea I'm hoping this is pretty sweet.

I already use my Ranger more than people with full-sized trucks and it's held up very well. I'm sure this thing will take a beating too. Don't think I'll be able to overload it with Mulch or Gravel/Landscaping Rocks like I've been doing though lol

|

6/8/2021 12:30 PM

It's about the size of the old Rangers. That short bed may be an issue but it costs about half of what an F150 costs...

|

6/8/2021 1:04 PM

I love my Ridgeline. Rides great, decent gas mileage, and incredibly functional. The trunk in the bed is great since I can store my foldable ramp in the trunk and keep the bed empty for other uses. The rear seats also fold completely up and out of the way to the point you can store a mtn bike inside your cab.

I honestly think the Ridgeline is one of the best vehicles ever made. I have the first gen which is a little roomier inside and I prefer it over the newer ones.

|

6/8/2021 1:30 PM

mtl wrote:

I like it. It could be a SUV killer for families who want to haul stuff now and then.

To dv12's point, how well does it ...more

For those who like their SUVSs, a truck is not a replacement.

|

HAF

6/8/2021 2:27 PM

Found this list showing msrp and invoice with hold back.
Don't expect dealers to budge much off msrp. Ford really isn't giving dealers much profit on these at msrp.
https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/2022-maverick-price-list-msrp-invoice-including-packages-options-accessories.192/

|

6/8/2021 2:54 PM

For an actual Ute, it's pretty cool.

For me? It's too much car and not enough "truck". For moto-heads, a Ranger Supercab with 6.5' bed makes more sense.

|

Nobody ever told me, I found out for myself. You've got to believe in foolish miracles. It's not how you play the game, it's if you win or lose. You can choose. Don't confuse. Win or lose. It's up to you!

6/8/2021 4:45 PM

It doesn't fit my needs for a "truck" but I think it's a badass little vehicle that definitely serves a purpose.
The guys talking crap about Ridgelines (and now the Maverick) all the time don't understand it's not trying to compete with the traditional trucks.

|

6/8/2021 4:58 PM

I enjoy the heck out of driving my F150. It's the last of the 5-speed V8s.

99.9 percent of the time I don't need the F150's cargo space.

I just wanna know how much of a motocross bike will fit in the Ranger's bed.

|