PSA - Ralph and Ricky take some privateers out to dinner. CR22 will be just fine.

Joe512
3/18/2019 3:23pm
They don't have to take anyone to dinner, they are going out to dinner with friends the same way you and I would. Next time your at the track you should find the guy with the most clapped out bike and take him to dinner, that's not weird or anything right? But that's what your preaching and this is why I normally just stick to the for sale forum.
jasonward73
3/18/2019 7:38pm
Joe512 wrote:
They don't have to take anyone to dinner, they are going out to dinner with friends the same way you and I would. Next time your...
They don't have to take anyone to dinner, they are going out to dinner with friends the same way you and I would. Next time your at the track you should find the guy with the most clapped out bike and take him to dinner, that's not weird or anything right? But that's what your preaching and this is why I normally just stick to the for sale forum.
If my job was to provide color to the local races over the P.A. system I absolutely would. My suggestion wasn’t meant to be just a handout to those in need. It was a suggestion to them so they could gather some relevant details about lesser known people so when there’s a battle in the LCQ they can give us some colorful background on the riders beyond “The number XXX on the orange KTM”.

And really, you think Ralph and CR22 have a relationship beyond a working one? They both live in the same town and the only time they do dinner is when they’re out of town on a race weekend? Makes sense.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
3/18/2019 8:19pm
So tired of the weekly name dropping of what factory rider they do dinner with. We got it bros. You're cool. How about grab a handful...
So tired of the weekly name dropping of what factory rider they do dinner with. We got it bros. You're cool. How about grab a handful of privateers and treat them to dinner. Maybe you'll learn something worthwhile about them and allow them to enjoy a good meal instead of a PB&J.

That is all.
Trust me the "privateers" aren't eating PB&J and don't have it anywhere near as hard as some of you try and make it out to be Laughing
SoCalMX70
3/18/2019 10:01pm
If I were them, I wouldn't want to take some random kids out to dinner either. They're all friends of varying advanced age... Silly

The Shop

colintrax
Fantasy
2342nd
3/18/2019 11:02pm
lostboy819 wrote:
Trust me the "privateers" aren't eating PB&J and don't have it anywhere near as hard as some of you try and make it out to be...
Trust me the "privateers" aren't eating PB&J and don't have it anywhere near as hard as some of you try and make it out to be Laughing
Guess it depends which privateer you're talking about
jasonward73
3/19/2019 3:40am
Fine. Make them pay their own way. Whatever. Just do something to get more background on these guys. I figured dinner would be a good setting to get the race announcers some quality FaceTime with some of the riders that rent as well known by the casual fan.

They obviously aren’t doing much more than chattting with a few factory riders during track walk or going to dinner with them.
soggy
Fantasy
3846th
3/19/2019 7:02am
can't believe this is being hated on with such negativity. everyone notes how hard some privateers have it. I don't care if they get info to insert into the broadcast it would just be a nice thing to do for the guys who are paying there own way, just a nice way to say hey i see you guys working your ass off.
Crush
3/19/2019 7:04am
Who lost their waller though?
Jt$
3/19/2019 9:05am
Doing research and learning background info is a valid point. That can be done by walking the pits and asking questions. Expecting them to go to dinner with people they don't know might be a bit of a reach.
500guy
3/19/2019 9:19am
soggy wrote:
can't believe this is being hated on with such negativity. everyone notes how hard some privateers have it. I don't care if they get info to...
can't believe this is being hated on with such negativity. everyone notes how hard some privateers have it. I don't care if they get info to insert into the broadcast it would just be a nice thing to do for the guys who are paying there own way, just a nice way to say hey i see you guys working your ass off.
I take offense to anyone telling another how they should spend their time and money.

If people feel moved they should do something to help instead of acting like they tried to help by shaming someone else into doing it.
chilybil23
3/19/2019 9:43am
soggy wrote:
can't believe this is being hated on with such negativity. everyone notes how hard some privateers have it. I don't care if they get info to...
500guy wrote:
I take offense to anyone telling another how they should spend their time and money. If people feel moved they should do something to help instead...
I take offense to anyone telling another how they should spend their time and money.

If people feel moved they should do something to help instead of acting like they tried to help by shaming someone else into doing it.
I like the concept behind the OP's thinking, I just don't think this is the best place to hope to make changes. Try Twitter and Instagram, easiest place to get those guys attention. I'd love a little more insight into small teams and privateers, it would make it more interesting IMO.

Cool fan interaction in Atlanta that I saw that probably made this kids day, we were watching the riders go from the pit area to the dome for practice and rider #120 on a Kawasaki came through pushing his own bike, no mechanic or anyone else with him like the factory guys. He walks towards the crowd and stops and slaps everyone's hand, while holding his bike himself, then he gets to a little boy about 3-4 years old, he stops and lets the kid reach over the fence and push the started on his bike to start it and rides off. Small gesture I know, but I thought it was really cool.
STLSharky
3/19/2019 9:48am
So tired of the weekly name dropping of what factory rider they do dinner with. We got it bros. You're cool. How about grab a handful...
So tired of the weekly name dropping of what factory rider they do dinner with. We got it bros. You're cool. How about grab a handful of privateers and treat them to dinner. Maybe you'll learn something worthwhile about them and allow them to enjoy a good meal instead of a PB&J.

That is all.
Elitists
Red Crawford
3/19/2019 9:53am Edited Date/Time 3/23/2019 9:41am
It's a private club. Privateers aren't members.

GuyB
Fantasy
988th
3/19/2019 9:56am
Joe512 wrote:
They don't have to take anyone to dinner, they are going out to dinner with friends the same way you and I would. Next time your...
If my job was to provide color to the local races over the P.A. system I absolutely would. My suggestion wasn’t meant to be just a...
If my job was to provide color to the local races over the P.A. system I absolutely would. My suggestion wasn’t meant to be just a handout to those in need. It was a suggestion to them so they could gather some relevant details about lesser known people so when there’s a battle in the LCQ they can give us some colorful background on the riders beyond “The number XXX on the orange KTM”.

And really, you think Ralph and CR22 have a relationship beyond a working one? They both live in the same town and the only time they do dinner is when they’re out of town on a race weekend? Makes sense.
I see Ralph and Reedy chatting all the time during track walk, before the races get started, etc.
jasonward73
3/19/2019 10:00am
Jt$ wrote:
Doing research and learning background info is a valid point. That can be done by walking the pits and asking questions. Expecting them to go to...
Doing research and learning background info is a valid point. That can be done by walking the pits and asking questions. Expecting them to go to dinner with people they don't know might be a bit of a reach.
I 1000000% agree JT but it's been a countless amount of years of the Ralph and Fro Show and now the Ricky Show and it seems they haven't figured out that the pits are there for them to use to gather info so I was just offering up another option. Plus the weekly name dropping of what factory rider they do Friday dinners with seems to be an integral part of the broadcast so I thought it would just be a little more cool of them to name drop some lesser known people.

I think some people are missing the point here. It is not about a free meal (although I think it would be a cool gesture) it is about the primary race announcers knowing more than "The number XXX on the red Honda just misses making the main event".

FFS, Ricky doesn't even know what team Jacob Hayes rides for.
Tarz483
Fantasy
583rd
3/19/2019 10:04am
I Have been Surprised a few times this year with Ricky and Ralph not Knowing a few guys names and a few other things that they got wrong, that i remember thinking to myself wow im surprised by that.
yz133rider
3/19/2019 11:01am
I really dont want any more of ralphs or rickys brilliant insights about a no name privateer while they miss the actual calls during the race.
newmann
3/19/2019 4:26pm
Tarz483 wrote:
I Have been Surprised a few times this year with Ricky and Ralph not Knowing a few guys names and a few other things that they...
I Have been Surprised a few times this year with Ricky and Ralph not Knowing a few guys names and a few other things that they got wrong, that i remember thinking to myself wow im surprised by that.
Same here..
3/19/2019 4:38pm
The OP has it correct. It’s not about the handout its about getting educated. Being away from the track with some of these lesser known riders at a dinner would be great i bet they get more out of it than just a dinner and info with some privateers.
I’m not dropping any names here but a friend was at one of the factory rigs and snapped a photo of RC and Ralph, at that time there was a bit of a well known (found out to be true) hot goss regarding a factory rider. I texted my friend who knows this goss was true and i said are they there getting info to release on the telecast about the rider to which he replied nope they came to pick up their watches and left.
yz133rider
3/19/2019 5:01pm
The OP has it correct. It’s not about the handout its about getting educated. Being away from the track with some of these lesser known riders...
The OP has it correct. It’s not about the handout its about getting educated. Being away from the track with some of these lesser known riders at a dinner would be great i bet they get more out of it than just a dinner and info with some privateers.
I’m not dropping any names here but a friend was at one of the factory rigs and snapped a photo of RC and Ralph, at that time there was a bit of a well known (found out to be true) hot goss regarding a factory rider. I texted my friend who knows this goss was true and i said are they there getting info to release on the telecast about the rider to which he replied nope they came to pick up their watches and left.
Hot goss? How much of a metro sexual teenie bopper do you have to be to use a term like that?
3/19/2019 6:19pm
The OP has it correct. It’s not about the handout its about getting educated. Being away from the track with some of these lesser known riders...
yz133rider wrote:
Hot goss? How much of a metro sexual teenie bopper do you have to be to use a term like that?
I couldn’t make sense of his post so I had to look it up. I’ve never even heard it before. Let’s just say now I know why.
Mx286
3/19/2019 7:28pm
lostboy819 wrote:
Trust me the "privateers" aren't eating PB&J and don't have it anywhere near as hard as some of you try and make it out to be...
Lol right? There’s a reason their able to keep doing it year after year..
toroP
3/19/2019 7:35pm
There’s a lot of complaining about Ralph and Ricky’s work, and now people a bitching about their leisure time. Jeez this place.
jasonward73
3/20/2019 4:21am
GuyB wrote:
I see Ralph and Reedy chatting all the time during track walk, before the races get started, etc.
Precisely. Under the umbrella of a professional event. You think Ralph is meeting up for dinner in Charlotte on a Tuesday with Chad? I doubt it but I could be wrong. They have a professional relationship. That is all. Chad has been on the circuit for a million years and naturally people want to be close to the biggest name. So it's no surprise Ralph (who has also been around forever) is talking to him on race weekends.

Again, the main point is the announcers should have a curious mind. Seek out what they don't know. We all know Chad, Eli, Marv, AC, Roczen, etc... are awesome and all their moves are well documented on this website as well as all the others. What we don't know is what the lesser known factory riders and privateers are up too. The broadcast is not terrible but it could be SOOOOO much better. The excruciating level of minutia detail I hear from the announcers of NASCAR on literally every single driver, team, car, and team owner is mind blowing. We have a 3hr broadcast and races with little to no commercial breaks. There is certainly some time we could spend on some lesser known people. Whether they find out at dinner or just by walking the pits I DON'T CARE. This is my RaceTech Rant.
3/24/2019 4:28pm Edited Date/Time 3/24/2019 4:39pm

That is all.
lostboy819 wrote:
Yeah, it's easy being a privateer, what cloud do you live on? I cant believe some of the stupid ass comments I read on here.....You are a lost boy
MOTO732
3/25/2019 3:39pm
Hot goss...lol. Wtf. Just say things in plain everyday language. Nomesayn???

Post a reply to: PSA - Ralph and Ricky take some privateers out to dinner. CR22 will be just fine.

The Latest