PROOF Performance Enhancement Drugs in MX

11/23/2011 3:04am
cason402 wrote:
There seems to be a great many uninformed about the PED industry here. It is a lot more technical, researched and financially lucrative than you might...
There seems to be a great many uninformed about the PED industry here. It is a lot more technical, researched and financially lucrative than you might realize. PED's simply make you superman in many ways and the amount of products and there specific applications are honed to perfection.

two points:

1. If your life, your future, your subcultures glory and prestige, come down to athletic performance. You have every good reason to believe your competitors are using PEDs Then you as a competitor can justify your use as a necessary evil, not cheating, just leveling the playing field. Morality is for preachers to talk about and losers to believe in. Your family and sponsors, you whole damn life have put massive effort into your career and you MUST perform, you must pay them back, you must win. Winning requires PEDs.

2. This sport is no different than all the others, but you might notice there isn't much money in our sport. There is no way to stop PED use. Pro Cycling has made a massive effort to try and the riders are always a step ahead, the amount of money cycling has put into it could run 5 MX teams for years. They haven't stopped PED use in their sport. SX and MX has no way to pay for a fraction of what it would cost. It isn't a lack of concern or heads in the sand, it's a financial reality.

There is no answer, except to continue the way it is.
x2

at last, an intelligent post!
Robgvx
11/23/2011 3:45am
cason402 wrote:
There seems to be a great many uninformed about the PED industry here. It is a lot more technical, researched and financially lucrative than you might...
There seems to be a great many uninformed about the PED industry here. It is a lot more technical, researched and financially lucrative than you might realize. PED's simply make you superman in many ways and the amount of products and there specific applications are honed to perfection.

two points:

1. If your life, your future, your subcultures glory and prestige, come down to athletic performance. You have every good reason to believe your competitors are using PEDs Then you as a competitor can justify your use as a necessary evil, not cheating, just leveling the playing field. Morality is for preachers to talk about and losers to believe in. Your family and sponsors, you whole damn life have put massive effort into your career and you MUST perform, you must pay them back, you must win. Winning requires PEDs.

2. This sport is no different than all the others, but you might notice there isn't much money in our sport. There is no way to stop PED use. Pro Cycling has made a massive effort to try and the riders are always a step ahead, the amount of money cycling has put into it could run 5 MX teams for years. They haven't stopped PED use in their sport. SX and MX has no way to pay for a fraction of what it would cost. It isn't a lack of concern or heads in the sand, it's a financial reality.

x2

at last, an intelligent post!
You'll never stop crime. Does that mean we shouldn't have a police force?
11/23/2011 3:56am
The amount of IGF coming from antlers can't be significant. I am sure you ingest IGF every time you eat a steak. In this case, it gets broken down in your stomach which brings it to point 2: the alleged liposome technology used. We actually use this technology in my lab and it is not 97 percent efficient. Not even close. Plus, we have to make it fresh before use-it doesn't just sit in a spray bottle. And the efficiency goes down when you try it in vivo (in a whole organism instead of cells in a dish).

So this is far from proof: there is no way that this stuff does anything except make some guy money.
cason402
11/23/2011 4:02am
Robgvx wrote:
see point #2

The Shop

DrSweden
11/23/2011 4:21am
Robgvx wrote:
cason402 wrote:
see point #2
You valid points, but I don't see the point with surrendering or siding with the bad, just because there's a demand for it among ambitious athletes and their families. I think the point with trying to prevent PED is to help the riders as well, and not just for us losers to have something to believe or promote. At some point the next drug is even more harmful, but you are now basically "forced" to take it because at this point it seems almost you are a step behind without it.

Dunno about all details, but I'm sure one could take a piss sample every now and then, and send them to a lab. Promote it before the 2012 outdoors season, say if you find any drugs on the xxx list (that is constantly updated) in the riders piss, you are fucked that season. Send the piss-sample to whatever lab and do a random test based on the lack of budget. I'm guessing hiring someone doing this as in collecting, and the procedure around it should be within limits. The point could be that those that might consider it, will not and the general message is that in the end, we all want it to be fare.

If I knew this was the ambition as a mini-dad, I would feel more compelled to sign up my kid for that series at least...

Coppins former GP rider and and obviously cheater got caught 2002.
RaceFace
11/23/2011 4:29am
cason402 wrote:

two points:

Until whatever is going on comes out of course.

I continue to be amazed at the stupidity that comes out when this subject is brought up. Then again, what makes it any different than the stupidity that exists in so many other threads.

By your understanding, RV and Dungey are without a doubt using.....because they are winning. Thuis it becomes "okay" for everyone else to do it to try to catch up. Then (according to you) it is futile to try to do anything about it so everyone just sits around with their thumbs up their asses trying to cover it up whenever any hint of it is evident. It actually becomes quite comical reading some of these comments as people are actually defending PED use. Why anyone would take the stand that nothing can be done and argue it with passion is beyond me. Even if anyone argues that PEDs are 100% safe they still should be arguing against their use as it changes the whole dynamic of "sport". It also opens up for future developments where a drug may be SO good (for performance) and SO bad for health. That drug may not exist yet, and there would be no "testing" as to how dangerous it may be......but because the proverbial head is in the sand, its use goes unchecked.

There is ALWAYS something that can be done, but it comes down to how important an issue it is and how much effort people want to put into it. Then there is always the hope that it can be ignored until it is someone else's problem. That one ALWAYS works out in the long run.

Continue the way it is alleged to be and someday the sport will have a real mess to deal with.
cason402
11/23/2011 5:10am
RaceFace wrote:
[i][b]There is no answer, except to continue the way it is.[/b][/i] Until whatever is going on comes out of course. I continue to be amazed at...

I continue to be amazed at the stupidity that comes out when this subject is brought up. Then again, what makes it any different than the stupidity that exists in so many other threads.

By your understanding, RV and Dungey are without a doubt using.....because they are winning. Thuis it becomes "okay" for everyone else to do it to try to catch up. Then (according to you) it is futile to try to do anything about it so everyone just sits around with their thumbs up their asses trying to cover it up whenever any hint of it is evident. It actually becomes quite comical reading some of these comments as people are actually defending PED use. Why anyone would take the stand that nothing can be done and argue it with passion is beyond me. Even if anyone argues that PEDs are 100% safe they still should be arguing against their use as it changes the whole dynamic of "sport". It also opens up for future developments where a drug may be SO good (for performance) and SO bad for health. That drug may not exist yet, and there would be no "testing" as to how dangerous it may be......but because the proverbial head is in the sand, its use goes unchecked.

There is ALWAYS something that can be done, but it comes down to how important an issue it is and how much effort people want to put into it. Then there is always the hope that it can be ignored until it is someone else's problem. That one ALWAYS works out in the long run.

Continue the way it is alleged to be and someday the sport will have a real mess to deal with.
1. Though you can think I implied that some one in our sport is doing it, I did not. There is NO proof of any guilty party, NO reason to assume anyone is guilty without proof. However, from observation of the world around me it appears that sports competitors have a tendency to do PEDs nowadays (whether it's world class or high school). I fully want to believe that Lance Armstrong did all he did while being clean. I want to believe RC did all he did while being clean. I have absolutely no proof they didn't.

2. Obtaining proof costs money. It involves competitors being tracked 24/7 365, out of competition, random and unannounced testing. Pro Cycling does this, and they still dope. That money is non-existent in MX. It's not going to fall out of the sky. It has to come from somewhere, and there is no where for it to come from.

There is no reason that my views should be taken as me or anyone else not caring. They are facts of life, realities that won't be changed by me caring or not caring.
yosmithy
11/23/2011 5:18am
We've just seen documented proof that the Wheelie Boyz are using performance enhancing herbs, and I don't see any of you hypocrites calling them out

equality, duh!
motoplook
11/23/2011 5:36am
RaceFace wrote:
[i][b]There is no answer, except to continue the way it is.[/b][/i] Until whatever is going on comes out of course. I continue to be amazed at...

cason402 wrote:
1. Though you can think I implied that some one in our sport is doing it, I did not. There is NO proof of any guilty...
1. Though you can think I implied that some one in our sport is doing it, I did not. There is NO proof of any guilty party, NO reason to assume anyone is guilty without proof. However, from observation of the world around me it appears that sports competitors have a tendency to do PEDs nowadays (whether it's world class or high school). I fully want to believe that Lance Armstrong did all he did while being clean. I want to believe RC did all he did while being clean. I have absolutely no proof they didn't.

2. Obtaining proof costs money. It involves competitors being tracked 24/7 365, out of competition, random and unannounced testing. Pro Cycling does this, and they still dope. That money is non-existent in MX. It's not going to fall out of the sky. It has to come from somewhere, and there is no where for it to come from.

There is no reason that my views should be taken as me or anyone else not caring. They are facts of life, realities that won't be changed by me caring or not caring.
very good posts Cason.
bvm111
11/23/2011 5:46am
In the end... who really cares... this isnt the Olympics and there is not 1 single product IGF-1 or HGH that is going to make anyone any faster than they were to begin with.

So why is this even an Issue?
cason402
11/23/2011 6:03am
This is one of the best first hand articles concerning what some PEDs can do for you.

Outside Magazine Writer Experience

The article is dated and he was just some amateur but it illustrates the types of gains that can be achieved. It's a pretty good read.
Outsider
11/23/2011 6:38am
UpTiTe wrote:
Depends on what type of steroid you're talking about. Yeah if some old guy is taking testoserone to help him then yeah its ok, but even...
Depends on what type of steroid you're talking about. Yeah if some old guy is taking testoserone to help him then yeah its ok, but even it has side effects. If you're talking prednizone or cortoco, they have bad side effects for some too.

But don't confuse them with what athletes use, anabol, they have bad side effecst no matter what dose you're taking. Even HGH, the biggest PED used in moto has side effects that take their toll on your body.

Oh and just for good measure, no matter what dose, whether safe or abuse, it puts more pressure on the kidneys.
OK.

I just want to clarify that I am not a cheerleader for using dope, I just think there are far too many generalizations on such a complicated subject.

BTW, I honestly believe the most powerful PED is food... but, that's a whole other thread.
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4109th
11/23/2011 6:48am
bvm111 wrote:
In the end... who really cares... this isnt the Olympics and there is not 1 single product IGF-1 or HGH that is going to make anyone...
In the end... who really cares... this isnt the Olympics and there is not 1 single product IGF-1 or HGH that is going to make anyone any faster than they were to begin with.

So why is this even an Issue?
You're right it doesn't make a guy faster, but take two guys with equal speed, one guy trains his ass off with straight hard work while the other trains his ass off with some help. The guy with help wears the other guy down and wins the race everytime. Is that fair?

Post a reply to: PROOF Performance Enhancement Drugs in MX

The Latest