PRI in Indianapolis?

Related:
Create New Tag

11/8/2018 7:02 AM

Any of you ever gone to PRI - Performance Racing Industry expo before? I know its mostly automotive but I have been told that there is some MC in it and I have always wondered what its like to go to.

http://www.performanceracing.com/tradeshow/

|

11/8/2018 7:25 AM

It’s an incredible show, difficult to get through everything in 3 days, but mostly all automotive, unless it’s a company like Cometic, Wiseco, Carrillo or a piston manufacturer that crosses over.

KC

|

11/8/2018 8:49 AM

I went from 2011ish-2014ish while working on a dirt late model team. the first few years we went we had to have credentials/prove you were associated with the industry, im not sure how you get in now. But even back then it was mind-blowing. amazing show and experience. I have heard there is more offroad and motorcycle stuff there now too. if you can go and you are an all around motorsports nerd like me, GO!!! see all the newest technology, all the major teams equipment and big names in the entire industry including the athletes. if you want to see all the booths and have a good chance meeting some big names in the industry, plan on 2 FULL days. lots of good food options walking distance from the convention center.

|

11/8/2018 9:26 AM

I was there as an exhibitor for the first time last year and will be there again in December. It's a massive trade show mostly centered around the automotive racing industry, but there are a lot of brands that crossover and I spoke to a good amount of moto guys. It's an awesome show to attend if you've never been, and a good way to meet reps and decision makers from all the top brands. Stop by the VP Racing Fuels booth if you make it out!

|

11/8/2018 11:37 AM

My company used to be an exhibitor at this trade show years ago when it was in Orlando every year. In 2011 I saw that Geico had set up a booth and were going to have Barcia there one day and Tomac the next.

I wanted to get over there early to get a signed poster for my kid, walked over both days only to see Justin and Eli bored out of their f'n minds. Nobody at the show had any idea who either of them were and absolutely no one in line to talk to them or get autographs. I talked with them both for a while and felt bad that they had to sit through that for a few hours.

Mostly Nascar, Karting and drag racing related companies there.

|

11/8/2018 12:56 PM

I’ve been a dozen times or more over the last 20 years, but not for the last 2. Started in Indy with my buddies in the late 90’s, went through the Orlando change, then a time or two back in Indy.
I’m a Motorsports fan and that’s where I’ve made my living so it’s been important to me but I’ve never seen a Moto presence there. As stated above, big drag scene, followed by dirt and pavement stock car racing, then off road.
I’ve seen a few antendees with some Moto pics on their displays but it’s been next to nothing. My opinion is it’s a place for local short track guys to line up product sponsors for the next season, not much for Moto.

|

11/8/2018 1:10 PM

JMed651 wrote:

I’ve been a dozen times or more over the last 20 years, but not for the last 2. Started in Indy with my buddies in the late 90’s, went through the Orlando change, then a time or two back in Indy.
I’m a Motorsports fan and that’s where I’ve made my living so it’s been important to me but I’ve never seen a Moto presence there. As stated above, big drag scene, followed by dirt and pavement stock car racing, then off road.
I’ve seen a few antendees with some Moto pics on their displays but it’s been next to nothing. My opinion is it’s a place for local short track guys to line up product sponsors for the next season, not much for Moto.

Are you the guy with US Legends Cars?

|

11/8/2018 2:42 PM

The company I work for exibits. I think this will be my 4th year. Booth 1825

|

Race Bike: 2018 KTM 350SXF

Other Bikes: 1985 CR80R, 1990 CR250R, 1998 PW80, Specialized Fuse Comp 29.

Sold: 2016 YZ250F, 2012 CRF250R

11/9/2018 5:19 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/9/2018 5:30 AM

I’ll be at Line2Line Coatings Booth 1604.

|

11/9/2018 6:52 AM

lumpy790 wrote:

Are you the guy with US Legends Cars?

No not me, I’ve been in Cup racing for the last 12 years or so.

|

11/9/2018 7:06 AM

Lots of people to talk with if you're into 4T head and valve train design. Interesting things being done in material science and coatings applicable to moto also.

|

11/9/2018 7:08 AM

I did for a couple of years when I was working at Royal Purple. Absolutely car focused but not in a SEMA way. Race cars and the racing crowd. Overall it was a pretty good show.

|

Check out my projects - Lukaitis Photo - NJ Motocross - The Moto Pages

For help with motorsports marketing, media, and management visit ScottLukaitis.com

11/9/2018 8:20 AM

joe stanley wrote:

You work at Line2Line? I send a ton of customers over there.

|

11/9/2018 9:06 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/9/2018 9:07 AM

c0ncEpT wrote:

Yep been a part of the company for well over 10 years. Helped with early product development testing. Now I just do the PRI Show. Thanks for sending us customers! Stop by the booth and say hello. What company are you with?

|

11/9/2018 10:30 AM

joe stanley wrote:

c0ncEpT wrote:

joe stanley wrote:

Yep been a part of the company for well over 10 years. Helped with early product development testing. Now I just do the PRI Show. Thanks for sending us customers! Stop by the booth and say hello. What company are you with?

I'll stop by if I can get away from the booth. Diamond Pistons.

|

11/9/2018 11:22 AM

lumpy790 wrote:

Any of you ever gone to PRI - Performance Racing Industry expo before? I know its mostly automotive but I have been told that there is some MC in it and I have always wondered what its like to go to.

I sure do miss the old Dealer Expo with the convention center packed with motorcycle stuff!

|

11/9/2018 5:33 PM

joe stanley wrote:

I sure do miss the old Dealer Expo with the convention center packed with motorcycle stuff!

Me too, but the AIMExpo is trying to recreate the Powersports Industry show with some pretty good results.

2018 AIMExpo Presented by Nationwide Hosts Record Number of Trade Attendees in Las Vegas

|

Check out my projects - Lukaitis Photo - NJ Motocross - The Moto Pages

For help with motorsports marketing, media, and management visit ScottLukaitis.com

11/10/2018 6:22 AM

lumpy790 wrote:

joe stanley wrote:

The old show had so many different nooks and crannies that you had to search for to find.

Started going to Indy every year in 2002 till it ended in Indy. I remember one year being snowed in because the roads all the way back to MD were closed for days. Started going to Indy as a dealer in 02 and a few years later as a Nichols rep so I remember when the Convention took 3 days of steady walking to see the whole show. Those were the good old days when it was was wall to wall packed with dealers walking the show but it stoped attracting dealers and I skipped going to the last one that was in Chicago and from what I was told it was dead.

Moto Hose did our very 1st exhibit in Indy.

|