POD vs. Mobius Braces

Solidkm
8/14/2018 1:32pm
Yo! ACL and meniscus tear earlier this year. About to start riding again in September. Just tried on the Pod X8 and Mobius. I honestly liked them both. I liked that Pod is legit medical equipment and the carbon was noticeably more ridgid. The strap system was better on the Mobius, as was the patella guard being more streamline. Probably can’t go wrong with either, just looking for some feedback from you guys. And being that I already have an injury, is one better than the other for me?

Thanks
|
Mr. Info
8/14/2018 1:36pm
Asterisks are the only way to go.
pdub187
Fantasy
2499th
8/14/2018 1:50pm
I like my mobius braces. Sometimes the kneecap will bite my pants and get caught up in them though. I'll be springing for a set of custom ctis next time.
Motofinne
8/14/2018 2:00pm
Pod. And i have had EVS(web), Mobius and Asterisk.

I'm 2 years into owning the non carbon Pods and they are still in great condition. The straps are almost like new, the patella cups have survived crashes and the actual braces fitted my knees that aren't the same size after 3 surgeries on the right one.

I think Pod is the best OTS brace out there. CTI, Ortema or Donjoy if you want custom braces which are way even better.

The Shop

Zaugg
8/14/2018 2:08pm
I might suggest consulting a physician about medical advice instead of the VITAL PHD's. haha

Solidkm
8/14/2018 2:17pm Edited Date/Time 8/14/2018 2:18pm
Zaugg wrote:
I might suggest consulting a physician about medical advice instead of the VITAL PHD's. haha

That’s profound.

My doctor uses Don Joy, which doesn’t have a great reputation in the dirt bike community, correct me if I am wrong. CTI customs being the top dog.

My doctor likes the Pods, if you were wondering. Further, my excellent state insurance doesn’t give a Fuck about the prescription. I would pay my 1500 deductible first, then I would pay 20 percent of the remaining cost of the custom Don Joy. Then I still have to worry about the other leg. So, I thought it would be worthwhile to seek advice from those who have had this issue before me.
Solidkm
8/14/2018 2:19pm
Mr. Info wrote:
Asterisks are the only way to go.
Tried these on, and they certainly were very elaborate. They seemed very bulky and busy to me. Prob the best protection tho, you are right
aroark247
8/14/2018 3:04pm
Mobius are hot as hell, bulky, and allow your pants to get bunched in between the patella and thigh to where your knee is literally locked. I didn't hate mine but they definitely had their qualms. My POD's are second hand and have half as many issues as my Mobius.
Zaugg
8/14/2018 3:15pm
Zaugg wrote:

Solidkm wrote:
That’s profound. My doctor uses Don Joy, which doesn’t have a great reputation in the dirt bike community, correct me if I am wrong. CTI customs...
That’s profound.

My doctor uses Don Joy, which doesn’t have a great reputation in the dirt bike community, correct me if I am wrong. CTI customs being the top dog.

My doctor likes the Pods, if you were wondering. Further, my excellent state insurance doesn’t give a Fuck about the prescription. I would pay my 1500 deductible first, then I would pay 20 percent of the remaining cost of the custom Don Joy. Then I still have to worry about the other leg. So, I thought it would be worthwhile to seek advice from those who have had this issue before me.
Not trying to insult you bro.

Like a helmet and boots, buy the braces that are comfortable and you'll want to wear. If they're not comfy, you won't want to wear them. When your pants are on, nobody knows what braces you're using.

If you can't afford CTI's or insurance braces, then I see your point.

At the end of the day, Modius, POD, and Asterisk are your best bet. Other brands I'd be cautious. Not so sure about Mobius to be honest but I don't know much about their background.

My point is not to seek "medical" advice becuase you don't know whe might actually be a doctor and who plays one on the Vital Forum.

Sounds like you wanted "personal experience" with the knee braces. Again, like helmets and boots, your knees will fit into a brace differently than anyone else.

Solidkm
8/14/2018 7:12pm
Zaugg wrote:

Solidkm wrote:
That’s profound. My doctor uses Don Joy, which doesn’t have a great reputation in the dirt bike community, correct me if I am wrong. CTI customs...
That’s profound.

Zaugg wrote:
Not trying to insult you bro. Like a helmet and boots, buy the braces that are comfortable and you'll want to wear. If they're not comfy...
Not trying to insult you bro.

Like a helmet and boots, buy the braces that are comfortable and you'll want to wear. If they're not comfy, you won't want to wear them. When your pants are on, nobody knows what braces you're using.

If you can't afford CTI's or insurance braces, then I see your point.

At the end of the day, Modius, POD, and Asterisk are your best bet. Other brands I'd be cautious. Not so sure about Mobius to be honest but I don't know much about their background.

My point is not to seek "medical" advice becuase you don't know whe might actually be a doctor and who plays one on the Vital Forum.

Sounds like you wanted "personal experience" with the knee braces. Again, like helmets and boots, your knees will fit into a brace differently than anyone else.

Ya, I got spicy, my bad. I feel you on talking with the doctor. And, I have. It's not that I cant afford the custom brace...I am still waiting on the doctor to let me know if he can do CTIs. I was kind of feeling the Pods bc they were legit braces, felt good, and were MX centric.

Thanks
8k4x6f
8/14/2018 7:18pm
EVS axis or web. Great company. POD is also a great option... both tried and lasted for me!
captmoto
8/14/2018 7:31pm
I'm new to knee braces and only have 4 rides on Asterisks Ultra Cells. I tried on Mobius braces and didn't like them. They felt bulkier and they don't or didn't go on my leg as easy as the Asterisks. You need to go try them on with boots if you can.
8/14/2018 7:32pm
I just got möbius and I really like them. Little warm but it's worth it for the extra support. I did have my knee rotate and pop while doing a scrub but they feel very safe in corners if I accidentally dab my foot. I had a custom fitted cti don joy that I got as my post surgery brace and honestly it's garbage. Straps always moved around, never stayed in place, and didn't actually fit the shape of my leg it felt like.

I'm happy with the möbius set
Madmax31
Fantasy
128th
8/15/2018 4:49am
Had Pods and currently using Mobius. Both are great braces. The Pod's are very lite and work really well. The only reason I decided to try Mobius was that I lost 50 lbs and needed to buy new braces that fit my skinnier legs. It was a tough decision as I had liked my Pod's but glad I did. For me a guy with 2 bad knees I need all the protection I can get, and will gladly give up a little comfort for protection. The cable tightening design really secures the brace for a snug fit. I'd never ride with anything else.
8/15/2018 11:34am
I have and used the Troy Lee Designs Catalyst braces for the past 3 seasons. I was prescribed some Don Joy defiance braces and feel there is more protection from the TLD braces. Just my opinion I haven’t wore the Don Joys on the bike yet but can’t see how they are any better than the TLD’s.
c0ncEpT
8/15/2018 12:17pm
I really like the Mobius braces. I'm on my 3rd year with them and I've never had the snagging problem people speak of.

I will say they are extremely hot. When you take them off it feels like you've just stepped into a freezer as the air rushes across your sweat soaked under layer.

The customer service is 2nd to none. My cables wore out and they offered to repair and update the braces at no charge. I couldn't way the 2 weeks it was going to take (4 days via UPS ground each way) so they just sent me the rebuild kit at no cost to do it myself.

Boarddesign
Fantasy
1860th
8/15/2018 9:29pm
I just got some Mobius to replace my sons PODs. At first try, he complained about the size of them. His PODs were much bigger making it hard to get his pants on. I heard no complaints after he was riding.

On another note, he loved the Mobius wrist braces.

Post a reply to: POD vs. Mobius Braces

The Latest