PNW tracks starting to open......

Hammer 663s
Edited Date/Time 5/6/2020 1:57pm
Washougal this Friday & Saturday, Albany MX Wednesday + the weekend. Riverdale opening too.

Mountainview? Where are you?

My worry is that unless thracks do online signups to limit attendance, it's gonna be chaos, and they will be forced to restrict the # of riders on course by class to the point that I might only get 2 or 3 sessions all day. Hell, I've seen 65 Vets on the track at one time at Washougal and it's stupid slow and unsafe. I can see 100 of us old farts showing up and them having to split that 3 ways.

I think I'll just stay home and ride my track till it calms down a bit.

Hammer 663s
|
5/4/2020 3:34pm
Yea I want to go ride this weekend but since my friend is moving and he helped me move. I'll skip this weekend I'm afraid to many pent up squirrels will show up and get carted off from riding over their heads and getting tired to quickly.

You forgot horn Rapids is also running this weekend too.
Jesse318pnw
5/4/2020 3:38pm Edited Date/Time 5/4/2020 3:40pm
Washougal this Friday & Saturday, Albany MX Wednesday + the weekend. Riverdale opening too. Mountainview? Where are you? My worry is that unless thracks do online...
Washougal this Friday & Saturday, Albany MX Wednesday + the weekend. Riverdale opening too.

Mountainview? Where are you?

My worry is that unless thracks do online signups to limit attendance, it's gonna be chaos, and they will be forced to restrict the # of riders on course by class to the point that I might only get 2 or 3 sessions all day. Hell, I've seen 65 Vets on the track at one time at Washougal and it's stupid slow and unsafe. I can see 100 of us old farts showing up and them having to split that 3 ways.

I think I'll just stay home and ride my track till it calms down a bit.

Hammer 663s
It's going to be interesting to see how Washougal ends up this weekend. i predict about 300 riders showing up this weekend unless they A) Limit the riders or Cool Drop a huge price tag to go (which I think they might do and I'm okay with it).

They have done a good job publicizing their rules. I hope everyone follows them to keep the tracks open.

Grays is open this weekend too.
5/4/2020 3:42pm
Riverdale is doing signups via their Facebook and you have to get on the list to be let it. I’m going there Friday, on the fence about greys on Saturday it’ll probably be a zoo
Hammer 663s
5/4/2020 3:45pm Edited Date/Time 5/4/2020 3:46pm
Yea I want to go ride this weekend but since my friend is moving and he helped me move. I'll skip this weekend I'm afraid to...
Yea I want to go ride this weekend but since my friend is moving and he helped me move. I'll skip this weekend I'm afraid to many pent up squirrels will show up and get carted off from riding over their heads and getting tired to quickly.

You forgot horn Rapids is also running this weekend too.
Did forget the Horn. Long drive for me so I don't get out there.

Squirrels are my big concern too. Me and my boys been riding a lot (30+ hours in last 4-6 weeks on a technical, super-crossish track), and we are all in solid moto shape, got good flow and timing, carrying some speed. Well, for an old guy and 2 kids. Last I want is to land on someone, or vice versa, cause it's their first day this year and they are all jacked up on adrenaline or gassed after 3 laps. I bet the abmulances will be busy all over.

When PIR opens for TMX that's really gonna be a zoo. I want to go cause we are really ready, but....see above comment x10.

The Shop

Johnny Ringo
5/4/2020 4:06pm
Just be happy the tracks are open. I hope they are packed to help make up for the last 7 weeks of no income
Wade221
5/4/2020 4:55pm
Looks like you can add the ridge mx to this weekend as well.
I didn’t see anything about the Ridge this weekend? Was planning on Greys Sunday, but now...🤷🏻‍♂️
5/4/2020 4:59pm
I went to their website and it has it on the schedule but I'm not sure 100% on that. Would be best to inquire with them before going.
NHtoWA421
5/4/2020 4:59pm
Looks like motowest will be open this Wednesday as well.
omalley
5/5/2020 6:07am
I went to their website and it has it on the schedule but I'm not sure 100% on that. Would be best to inquire with them...
I went to their website and it has it on the schedule but I'm not sure 100% on that. Would be best to inquire with them before going.
Pretty sure I saw a Facebook post by them saying that they were closed through May for all events. Not positive though.
5/6/2020 12:15pm
Damn you see the fee for washougal $50 per rider this weekend!! I don't know about you all but I'm not really cool with the price hike. I know they may have lost some revenue but they usually don't start running until April anyways and it sometimes gets rained out.
Hammer 663s
5/6/2020 12:35pm
Damn you see the fee for washougal $50 per rider this weekend!! I don't know about you all but I'm not really cool with the price...
Damn you see the fee for washougal $50 per rider this weekend!! I don't know about you all but I'm not really cool with the price hike. I know they may have lost some revenue but they usually don't start running until April anyways and it sometimes gets rained out.
Oops - hit thumbs down by accident.

Yeah, that's a deal killer for me with 2 boys. We'll just have to stay home and put more laps in on our track. $200+ for a day is not in the budget right now.

At least I don't ski anymore. You can spend over $100 on a one day lift ticket in Tahoe. And what's it cost to play a round at Pebble Beach?

Hammer
Chance1216
5/6/2020 12:49pm Edited Date/Time 5/6/2020 1:00pm
Are any of the OHV areas open in Washington? Capital Forest to be specific.
5/6/2020 1:02pm
The dnr lands are open forsure from what I understand everything should be open but i haven't seen anything specific on Capitol forest.
omalley
5/6/2020 1:21pm
Damn you see the fee for washougal $50 per rider this weekend!! I don't know about you all but I'm not really cool with the price...
Playing devil’s advocate...
None of us have been riding public tracks, so I’ve saved way more than the price hike over the last couple months vs what I would’ve spent by now.
Motox627!
5/6/2020 1:49pm
Reading this makes me miss living in the PNW...… Fuck, who am i kidding - i miss almost everything about Oregon and Washington! Smile
5/6/2020 1:56pm
omalley wrote:
Playing devil’s advocate... None of us have been riding public tracks, so I’ve saved way more than the price hike over the last couple months vs...
Playing devil’s advocate...
None of us have been riding public tracks, so I’ve saved way more than the price hike over the last couple months vs what I would’ve spent by now.

5/6/2020 1:57pm
Just saying that better not become the normal price for the rest of the year.

Post a reply to: PNW tracks starting to open......

The Latest