PNW moto

Skerby
Edited Date/Time 8/20/2021 8:03pm
Rode a practice day yesterday, showed up around opening time and stayed as long as they were open, was only allowed to ride 2 x 15 minute sessions on the track all day. 6 different practice groups out there, wait all day and barely get a warmup. Is anywhere else in the country this bad?
|
Spudnut
8/1/2021 1:24pm
15 minutes per session for 6 classes would be 90 minutes per set, was the track only open for 3 hours to only get 2 motos Or were there other contributing factors like a big crash or shit down to water and maintain?? I’m kinda confused.. Either way that blows!
NeedMoto
8/1/2021 1:47pm
What Spudnut says^^^

Most places I know, have open practice to everyone for the first hour. I usually roll in 20-25 minutes before riders are allowed on the track, gear up, adjust bike. Then get in two 25 minute motos. Then a couple of 15-20 minute motos after that.

Give it another shot. 30 minutes of practice is no bueno!

The Shop

PNWRider
8/1/2021 5:59pm
Curious where this is. I’ve been riding/racing in the PNW since 92, never seen this.
8/1/2021 7:06pm
I suspect the op was probably napping between sessions too much and missed theirs a time or two.
Ryan625
8/1/2021 7:11pm
PNWRider wrote:
Curious where this is. I’ve been riding/racing in the PNW since 92, never seen this.
I’m with you there. There have been plenty of times I’ve been to numerous tracks that have even only split big bikes and little bikes into two sessions; fast and slow.

I’ve only ever not gotten enough time in to wear me out when a bad crash happens or a section gets dangerous and needs a touch up
Hammer 663s
8/1/2021 7:15pm
I call BS. Name the track. I ride em all and haven’t seen this in the last 5 years. 30-40 ride days a year.
Skerby
8/1/2021 7:31pm
I dont wanna blow anyone out and feel bad that I wrote this already. I shoulda known since they were havin a race the next day and only running the track from 10-3. And yea. i was like 10 minutes late so I missed my first session. Shoulda just snuck out in another class. Usually 4 is perfect for me, Ill settle for 3 even. 2 just pissed me off because I always ride like a spode until the third one lol.
mx510
Fantasy
1744th
8/1/2021 8:52pm
Skerby wrote:
I dont wanna blow anyone out and feel bad that I wrote this already. I shoulda known since they were havin a race the next day...
I dont wanna blow anyone out and feel bad that I wrote this already. I shoulda known since they were havin a race the next day and only running the track from 10-3. And yea. i was like 10 minutes late so I missed my first session. Shoulda just snuck out in another class. Usually 4 is perfect for me, Ill settle for 3 even. 2 just pissed me off because I always ride like a spode until the third one lol.
Sounds an awful lot like Motowest to me, I mean moto worst lol
wisey
Fantasy
1380th
8/1/2021 9:00pm Edited Date/Time 8/1/2021 9:06pm
Pacific Raceway $40 mini bike track on a pile of rocks. One of the tracks we visited on a weekday night while on vacation. Was close to the in-laws house so we gave it a try. Yeah if you stick to your class you get 2 -15 motos, 3 if your lucky
We did like Grays Harbor, we liked it a lot!
wisey
Fantasy
1380th
8/1/2021 9:05pm Edited Date/Time 8/1/2021 9:08pm
For the kid we like split practice but crap it’s like the races, how many mini / vet classes you going to run 😂
HusqFan3
8/1/2021 9:05pm
Once i discovered Riverdale it's difficult to go anywhere else for this exact reason... Instead of worrying about classes and worrying about if you missed your moto just show up and ride any of the 5 tracks whenever you want as long as you want.

Can't beat it...
Hammer 663s
8/1/2021 9:10pm
HusqFan3 wrote:
Once i discovered Riverdale it's difficult to go anywhere else for this exact reason... Instead of worrying about classes and worrying about if you missed your...
Once i discovered Riverdale it's difficult to go anywhere else for this exact reason... Instead of worrying about classes and worrying about if you missed your moto just show up and ride any of the 5 tracks whenever you want as long as you want.

Can't beat it...
But man that volcanic sand just destroys tires and chains.
suspensionguy
Fantasy
2001st
8/1/2021 11:25pm
HusqFan3 wrote:
Once i discovered Riverdale it's difficult to go anywhere else for this exact reason... Instead of worrying about classes and worrying about if you missed your...

Can't beat it...
Do they water during the week?
S.A. Weave
8/2/2021 10:44am
Several years ago I was at HRMC on a Saturday in Feb-March, the place was packed, a guy from Seattle parked next to me way out by the dump at 12:30 pm, whatever group of the 6 he signed up for went as he got ready, he sat around an hour roughly. He then rode one 15 minute session, they closed at 3 and he was pissed!
Spudnut
8/2/2021 11:02am
Is it the ash or the amount of seat time you actually get compared to the split practice places Grinning
Bludwigsen
Fantasy
2957th
8/2/2021 2:10pm
I call BS. Name the track. I ride em all and haven’t seen this in the last 5 years. 30-40 ride days a year.
I can confirm this happens. Went to Washougal on a practice day prior to the national. Drove 5 hours for it to start at 11 am (Scheduled for 9am start) and be done by 3. Track was in great shape, not sure why it started so late. Had to drive 5 hours back home same day, so was pretty disappointed in my (2) 15 min sessions.
Hammer 663s
8/2/2021 2:27pm
Bludwigsen wrote:
I can confirm this happens. Went to Washougal on a practice day prior to the national. Drove 5 hours for it to start at 11 am...
I can confirm this happens. Went to Washougal on a practice day prior to the national. Drove 5 hours for it to start at 11 am (Scheduled for 9am start) and be done by 3. Track was in great shape, not sure why it started so late. Had to drive 5 hours back home same day, so was pretty disappointed in my (2) 15 min sessions.
Yeah, it can. I drove there last year for the last ride day of the season (only an hour away for me) and they hadn't even prepped. And wanted $50 a head (3 of us). And hadn't started running at 10 AM. We just left. I heard later the main track never opened and all people got for their $50 was the field track, unprepped, no jumps or anything.

Hammer 663s
StevenMX
8/2/2021 2:30pm
Spudnut wrote:
Is it the ash or the amount of seat time you actually get compared to the split practice places Grinning
:D haha true true!
blaze 57
8/2/2021 8:46pm Edited Date/Time 8/2/2021 8:50pm
Skerby wrote:
Rode a practice day yesterday, showed up around opening time and stayed as long as they were open, was only allowed to ride 2 x 15...
Rode a practice day yesterday, showed up around opening time and stayed as long as they were open, was only allowed to ride 2 x 15 minute sessions on the track all day. 6 different practice groups out there, wait all day and barely get a warmup. Is anywhere else in the country this bad?
Sounds like Horn Rapids and I was there one Friday for practice. Yes it was 10-3 pm on Friday with 15 minutes sessions for each ability and we had an old timers race that weekend so yes the closed early Friday to prep the track.

Also I would imagine if it was Black Widow series race that week end the same situation would have occurred with closing at 3pm. The track is usually prepped/watered nice the next day for racing. Love that track/dirt. Great in the fall and spring. HOT in the summer!
HusqFan3
8/2/2021 9:54pm
Bludwigsen wrote:
I can confirm this happens. Went to Washougal on a practice day prior to the national. Drove 5 hours for it to start at 11 am...
Love Washougal but their practice days can no doubt be absurd at times. I've seen them run up to 7 classes so you're literally riding 15min every hour and a half... Last time i finally said screw it and just purchased 2 wrist bands(beginner and vet) to make it worth the 3gr drive.
8/2/2021 10:12pm
Bludwigsen wrote:
Yeah, it can. I drove there last year for the last ride day of the season (only an hour away for me) and they hadn't even...
Yeah, it can. I drove there last year for the last ride day of the season (only an hour away for me) and they hadn't even prepped. And wanted $50 a head (3 of us). And hadn't started running at 10 AM. We just left. I heard later the main track never opened and all people got for their $50 was the field track, unprepped, no jumps or anything.

Hammer 663s
Yep, I was there and I was so miffed. I'm surprised a venue like Washougal even let that happen with no raincheck, refund, or reduced price. The field track was so rutted, choppy, and muddy.
HusqFan3
8/2/2021 10:35pm
HusqFan3 wrote:

Can't beat it...
Can't say I've ever heard of this being an issue... Unless it's corrosive which i find hard to believe, I'm curious how a soil mixture containing volcanic ash could possibly be responsible for damaging tires and/or chains?

FWIW, of the 35hrs on my bike at least 25 are from Riverdale. I take miraculous care of my bike but have yet to replace my chain and am only on my 2nd set of tires because they're both still in excellent condition.
HusqFan3
8/2/2021 10:43pm
HusqFan3 wrote:

Can't beat it...
Do they water during the week?
Can't say because I unfortunately have to work during the week but that does remind me of another reason why I love Riverdale so much... They're open 7 days a week, year round as opposed to maybe 20 days total of the year like every other track in WA.
Spudnut
8/2/2021 11:26pm Edited Date/Time 8/2/2021 11:35pm
HusqFan3 wrote:
Can't say because I unfortunately have to work during the week but that does remind me of another reason why I love Riverdale so much... They're...
Can't say because I unfortunately have to work during the week but that does remind me of another reason why I love Riverdale so much... They're open 7 days a week, year round as opposed to maybe 20 days total of the year like every other track in WA.
I absolutely love everything about riverdale. It’s a 5 hour drive for me but every single time I make it up I am so glad I did. Usually I’ll go for 4 days and ride 3 of them.
Spudnut
8/2/2021 11:34pm Edited Date/Time 8/3/2021 8:49am
S.A. Weave wrote:
Several years ago I was at HRMC on a Saturday in Feb-March, the place was packed, a guy from Seattle parked next to me way out...
Several years ago I was at HRMC on a Saturday in Feb-March, the place was packed, a guy from Seattle parked next to me way out by the dump at 12:30 pm, whatever group of the 6 he signed up for went as he got ready, he sat around an hour roughly. He then rode one 15 minute session, they closed at 3 and he was pissed!
Horns cool if you like to ride on a track built for 65s for 45 mins a day with kickers on almost every single jump face
Tracktor
8/3/2021 12:19pm
S.A. Weave wrote:
Several years ago I was at HRMC on a Saturday in Feb-March, the place was packed, a guy from Seattle parked next to me way out...
Spudnut wrote:
Horns cool if you like to ride on a track built for 65s for 45 mins a day with kickers on almost every single jump face
Wait.......you are describing RD not Horn. RD in current form is one of the worst built tracks in the NW by a long shot........The OG track when it was back by the drag strip many years ago was epic. Current track flows like a clogged hose. I give Dan props for providing a place for all the judros to ride but it's too bad they don't get someone in there with a modicum of skill on a dozer.......
Spudnut
8/3/2021 12:38pm
I’m not seeing it, I also haven’t been over in about 6 months though....riverdales main track can be a little tight in spots but I wouldn’t say it flows like a clogged hose.

The infield at horn is a freaking joke there’s not even a whole (big) bike length between the rythyms and every face is trashed by halfway through the day and that’s what ruins it for me.

Post a reply to: PNW moto

The Latest