@PING

Related:
5280mx
6/5/2020 9:49pm
Ping, just FYi, until last year I had never listened to/watched a podcast. I found WTS on YouTube one day, and haven't missed an episode. I have since tried a couple other unnamed podcasts, barely made it 10 minutes before I shut it off. You and GL do a great job and I truly appreciate the show! Rock on 🤘
dpingree101
6/9/2020 1:02pm
AxlBundy wrote:
@PING On the Coach Robb podcast, you mentioned the Garmin Forerunner 45. Looks good, decent price, does it do any tracking of your rides? Also, were...
@PING

On the Coach Robb podcast, you mentioned the Garmin Forerunner 45. Looks good, decent price, does it do any tracking of your rides? Also, were you getting sleep data out of it? or was that an oura ring?
Thanks
It does track any workout, including motos. It also has a sleep tracker, which identifies how quickly you fell asleep, what sleep cycle you're in and for how long. Great tool for those looking for good data.
6/14/2020 3:31pm
AxlBundy wrote:
@PING On the Coach Robb podcast, you mentioned the Garmin Forerunner 45. Looks good, decent price, does it do any tracking of your rides? Also, were...
@PING

On the Coach Robb podcast, you mentioned the Garmin Forerunner 45. Looks good, decent price, does it do any tracking of your rides? Also, were you getting sleep data out of it? or was that an oura ring?
Thanks
It does track any workout, including motos. It also has a sleep tracker, which identifies how quickly you fell asleep, what sleep cycle you're in and...
It does track any workout, including motos. It also has a sleep tracker, which identifies how quickly you fell asleep, what sleep cycle you're in and for how long. Great tool for those looking for good data.
Will it take lap times based off a gps position?

The Shop

rockyuno
7/8/2020 3:10pm
Hi Ping!

Since you are on the tracks a lot and you can get valuable real info. Do you know how much hours are amateur putting on stock top ends on 2019 YZ450F's? how much reliable are this machines?

Thanks from Argentina!
dpingree101
7/11/2020 11:12am
rockyuno wrote:
Hi Ping! Since you are on the tracks a lot and you can get valuable real info. Do you know how much hours are amateur putting...
Hi Ping!

Since you are on the tracks a lot and you can get valuable real info. Do you know how much hours are amateur putting on stock top ends on 2019 YZ450F's? how much reliable are this machines?

Thanks from Argentina!
It all depends on how those hours are accumulated and your service record.
rockyuno
7/15/2020 6:48am
rockyuno wrote:
Hi Ping! Since you are on the tracks a lot and you can get valuable real info. Do you know how much hours are amateur putting...
Hi Ping!

Thanks from Argentina!
thank you very much for your response Ping!

I understand what you mean, I'm like a intermediate/fast local, with 5hrs interval services (good oil/filter) and clean air filter always. I think I represent the average user Grinning

just looking to hear other voices about reliability about this bike, where I live we all have different machines and few riders
7/16/2020 3:12pm
kijen wrote:
Ping, you obviously know a lot of people in the sport, can you please take the feld producer, Ralph, RC out for a beer, be honest...
Ping, you obviously know a lot of people in the sport, can you please take the feld producer, Ralph, RC out for a beer, be honest with them, they really dont need to introduce the sport of SX to noobies every sat nite, pretty sure there are not many. During the mains can they please just call the race. No features, no behind the scene crap, just focus on the race, thank you!
I like this idea, if they dont want to change the commentary style maybe ping and GL could live stream an alternative commentary in sync with the live stream as part of the whiskey throttle program???? I would listen
Send It 75
8/17/2020 1:43pm
Loving the 2 part Reed podcast. Looking forward to the 3rd installment
nealb129
8/26/2020 8:08am
Ping-

Assuming we can ever get back to a regular season. What are you thoughts on awarding a East/west top privateer in the National series? Might give some of These guys that can’t travel across country an opportunity for more exposure. Give a $100 gas card or something nothing major... I look forward to your ridicule!
dpingree101
8/26/2020 1:30pm
rockyuno wrote:
Hi Ping!

Thanks from Argentina!
rockyuno wrote:
thank you very much for your response Ping! I understand what you mean, I'm like a intermediate/fast local, with 5hrs interval services (good oil/filter) and clean...
thank you very much for your response Ping!

I understand what you mean, I'm like a intermediate/fast local, with 5hrs interval services (good oil/filter) and clean air filter always. I think I represent the average user Grinning

just looking to hear other voices about reliability about this bike, where I live we all have different machines and few riders
The Yamaha is one of the most reliable machines, so you made a good choice. Their quality is excellent, and the air filter design helps eliminate small dirt and debris from getting to the motor. Sounds like you could go at least 25 hours before a good overhaul. At that point, check clearances, chain tension and maybe a piston... good for another 25 at least... those are conservative estimates. Good luck!
9/17/2020 5:45am
Ping,
i know you get to ride all the cool new bikes but do you ever dabble in any vintage racing for fun? I am 37 years old and planning on going to my first vintage class gp race this weekend at High Point and was wondering if you had any tips, tricks, etc for a rookie looking to try it out for the first time? I will be riding my 1973 Rickman and just plan on going for the fun more than the result. Thanks for any wisdom you could provide to a newb like me.

TCMX972
Fantasy
238th
9/17/2020 9:43pm
do you think you guys will cover the NE classic? i've listened to countless of your podcast and these are many of the guys that would make you mad during the race.......could be a cool story....
bvm111
9/28/2020 2:56pm
Ping, could you maybe, if possible, explain from a former competitors point of view of what happened with Barcia this weekend in regards to riding back to the mechanics area following his crash? He went via the outside of the track as opposed to limping the bike following the course, but clearly did not gain advantage. Is this a grey area in the rules? Did he blatantly break the AMA rules? I don’t really see an issue with it but I have to admit there isn’t anything that directly addresses it in the rule book. Thank You Sir!
Jardo
Fantasy
2080th
9/30/2020 7:29am
@PING As a average mx citizen who has no idea about being inside the industry, I have a question. When you are invited to these events, such as the 2021 CRF450 release, is there some kind of unwritten obligation to give the bike some credit? For instance, if you just went there and said this bike is total shit and whomever built it needs to pull their head out of their what are the odds of you actually being invited back? So, does this mean everyone is going to be giving some kind of politicans answer at these releases?
TCMX972
Fantasy
238th
10/2/2020 8:47pm
ping....150 vs 125......you see the debates alll the time on the forums..... personally i'm still looking for the bike you hate....01' 125 to do some vintage racing
10/13/2020 5:57am
PING,

with the big four coming from japan why do you think we don't see more Japanese riders do well here in America? I've never been to Japan so could you fill me in on what the racing is like there? is the sport bigger there than here in USA? do the riders there "haul the mail" but just see no benefit to racing in the big show here? seeing jo Shamoda ride well this year had me thinking about this more and more...

10/25/2020 8:09am
Hey Ping , ever here of a 80 yr old EMT ? Pic is from Green Bay paper. Other pic is from Elizabeth NJ., hazmat fire station. Newark airport is very close. Even 40 mi out of town, they have A memorial, for all the Brave men Lost on 9-11. American flags on overpasses, to this day. Massive respect for Firemen and EMT,s.

10/25/2020 6:55pm
Firehouse pic is from the back of the building. Quite a few overhead doors street side.
11/4/2020 4:52pm
Hey Ping,

HUGE FAN of the Whiskey Throttle Show and have followed you since back in the day. The only podcast I listen to. On any subject.

Just wondering when the Dustin Motz show will be released? As a near-40 guy who barely rides moto anymore, I’ve become obsessed with riding my standup jet ski. Can’t wait to hear this episode.

Keep up the great work.
Pbau
12/14/2020 2:44am
Hey folks, I’m excited to announce that I have taken a position here at Vital MX as an Editor-At-Large. I’ll be involved with their bike testing...
Hey folks,

I’m excited to announce that I have taken a position here at Vital MX as an Editor-At-Large. I’ll be involved with their bike testing department, as well as a couple other features here on the site. One of those, titled @PING, will be a weekly question and answer column that will post every Friday and provide insight on the most pressing issues in our sport. The answers may, or may not, contain humor, sarcasm, and/or toxic masculinity.

Post your questions on this thread or simply drop me an email to ping@vitalmx.com

Remember, there are no stupid questions… and if there are, I’ll answer them appropriately.

See you back here every Friday.

PING
Hi Ping,
Aaron Plessinger.
Could and should he have stayed in the 250 class one more season?
Old Mate
12/23/2020 6:29pm
Air hostess “who’s seat is that”Pingo “ it’s mine “ AIR HOSTESS” drop and give me ten” lol. Merry Christmas and thanks for being the best team manager for my boy
dpingree101
12/23/2020 9:13pm
Old Mate wrote:
Air hostess “who’s seat is that”Pingo “ it’s mine “ AIR HOSTESS” drop and give me ten” lol. Merry Christmas and thanks for being the best...
Air hostess “who’s seat is that”Pingo “ it’s mine “ AIR HOSTESS” drop and give me ten” lol. Merry Christmas and thanks for being the best team manager for my boy
Jake was a blast to work with.. great dude, and man did we have fun. Hope all the Mossy's are well... cheers!
1/15/2021 6:17am
In all your years of racing what was the trickiest part you ever had on your race bike and why was it developed?
Flatliner
1/16/2021 2:43pm
Random question, how would one of your PC race bikes from the 90’s compare to a current 125, or 150?
RonSkj
Fantasy
129th
2/27/2021 9:02am
Looks like this has run its course. Do we know if Ping is still alive ?
500 Mike
2/27/2021 10:00am
RonSkj wrote:
Looks like this has run its course. Do we know if Ping is still alive ?
No Ping update yesterday so maybe he got busy?
Holigan
3/10/2021 1:15pm
Any chance we can get you to take one more swing at it?

Camp332
7/2/2021 7:51pm
Hey Ping,
Do you even lift Bro!?

Hook us up with your training routines off the bike. You seem to be pretty jacked, not too tan, but still pretty good! Let us know.

Post a reply to: @PING

The Latest