@PING

Related:
JethroX
11/1/2019 9:50pm
Must admit I’m a bit confused by you showing up here Ping... you made it sound as though you had too much on your plate and needed to pull back from your Moto-journal work to focus on your family. I guess we don’t get the straight truth with you. Like when you said the beef you started with Pulp MX was fake news. ...looks like you’re the fake news bro.
@lips395
11/2/2019 2:21am
I have a question

Please explain how feld keeps on doing EXCLUSIVE deals with sponsors like monster energy,Toyota and now cbmd when teams are struggling to get a title sponsor why does feld set out for such a short sighted view or honestly a quick cash grab when clearly they are so greedy to the point a rider can’t even sell a t shirt in the pit area ? How do teams not ban together and tell feld they are shitting on their own sport that turns them a profit ? I can’t understand how this keeps happening

Glad to have you apart of vital to buddy
Dougy1
11/2/2019 4:43am
ledger wrote:
Yea, no, I can't thank Vital...wait, yes I can...thanks Vital, and welcome aboard Ping. Hey...what was in that Kawasaki locker ? lol.
Yep there it is.
First question of the bat ... wtf was in Davi’s locker or did I miss that one 😀
LungButter
11/2/2019 7:34am
JethroX wrote:
Must admit I’m a bit confused by you showing up here Ping... you made it sound as though you had too much on your plate and...
Must admit I’m a bit confused by you showing up here Ping... you made it sound as though you had too much on your plate and needed to pull back from your Moto-journal work to focus on your family. I guess we don’t get the straight truth with you. Like when you said the beef you started with Pulp MX was fake news. ...looks like you’re the fake news bro.
Needed to "pull back" as in RacerX didn't want him pissing off Matthes anymore so they told him to take a hike is what I would guess.

The Shop

11/2/2019 8:53am
Yeah man!!! Welcome. Was gutted to see you go from Racer X as i thought you were walking away! Panic over!
Efritts75
11/2/2019 9:06am
slipdog wrote:
This is good news for Vital, welcome!
Getting along with Mathes is hard.
Efritts75
11/2/2019 9:07am
ledger wrote:
Yea, no, I can't thank Vital...wait, yes I can...thanks Vital, and welcome aboard Ping. Hey...what was in that Kawasaki locker ? lol.
Dougy1 wrote:
Yep there it is.
What was Reed’s mystery illness he never told us about?
elsinore
11/2/2019 10:18am
Oh hell yes, the legendary Ping continues to rock and roll! Woohoo
FWYT
11/2/2019 11:04am
Great news! Looking forward to all things Ping!
LungButter
11/2/2019 12:13pm
Efritts75 wrote:
Yeah your right, most journalists in this industry are nut huggers and afraid to piss anyone off, Matthes is the closest thing to "telling it like it is" we've got. So I'm sure some people do find it pretty hard to get along with him. Personally I probably wouldn't follow the sport nearly as close as I do if it weren't for his content.

Too bad Ping him and ol' Pinger had whatever falling out they did.
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
11/2/2019 3:03pm
LungButter wrote:
Yeah your right, most journalists in this industry are nut huggers and afraid to piss anyone off, Matthes is the closest thing to "telling it like...
Yeah your right, most journalists in this industry are nut huggers and afraid to piss anyone off, Matthes is the closest thing to "telling it like it is" we've got. So I'm sure some people do find it pretty hard to get along with him. Personally I probably wouldn't follow the sport nearly as close as I do if it weren't for his content.

Too bad Ping him and ol' Pinger had whatever falling out they did.
You want a little telling it like it is? I think it's peculiar that people are starting to treat their moto media sources like they treat their politics. I don't get the tribalism. We get along with pretty much everyone else.

Feel free to pick and choose what you want to read, view, or listen to. But pitting people against each other (you're not the only one to do that in here) is weird.

As for your earlier assertion that he got let go by Racer X? Get outta here with that nonsense.
Red Crawford
11/2/2019 4:03pm
Mx media tribalism should not be tolerated unless the target is Motocross Action and Jody. I learned that here at Vital. 😐
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
11/2/2019 4:13pm
Mx media tribalism should not be tolerated unless the target is Motocross Action and Jody. I learned that here at Vital. 😐
(Insert facepalm here.)
Efritts75
11/2/2019 4:21pm
I don’t know dude. I hate it when they ask softball questions and do fluff pieces but it’s their right. If the people don’t like it they are free to follow someone else or go elsewhere for content. I think it’s great that some of the riders and journalists are buddies. I’ll agree it sucks when they won’t ask the hard questions or report the real truths. Money and fans are what drives a media outlet. If the people don’t like it the place will dry up and die.
500 Mike
11/2/2019 5:10pm
I wonder if DC is pissed that Ping moved to “the competition”. Hopefully they had an amicable parting of the ways and this move wasn’t a surprise.
FeetUp
11/2/2019 6:17pm
Since you're open to questions, can we talk some more about "seat bounce?"
Graybeard
Fantasy
2478th
11/2/2019 6:49pm
Graybeard wrote:
STFU Noob??????????
GuyB wrote:
Ha...did you note the join date for him? He has not posted a lot, but he's been around for a long time.
Yeah, but he’s “new” to the staff, right?!?! Great addition, by the way!!!
FahQ
11/2/2019 7:10pm
Dougy1 wrote:
Yep there it is.
My contact at Feld said it was CBMD.

Hey Ping do you whip to the left or right?
Ted722
11/2/2019 7:26pm
Are we supposed to be asking questions in here? Do they get answered next week?

Ping, do you miss the Golden State National’s (as they were in the 80’s/90’s)? Do you have a favorite GSN moment (whether your race or not)?

Were Bridgestone M22’s really that good on hard pack or is that before your time? Speaking of hard pack, why is that an ancient memory on today’s National tracks? Is it possible our US riders have had too much chocolate cake?
kkawboy14
11/3/2019 4:06am Edited Date/Time 11/3/2019 6:19am
Boomslang wrote:
GuyB, Vitard is *ffing awesome. I'm proud to be part of the national guard...it's happening...
GuyB wrote:
I'll agree to disagree. Makes me cringe.
Whats Vitarded, is saying you need a break from answerIng 5 questions and taking a gig answering 10 questions!
Wells423
11/3/2019 5:11am Edited Date/Time 11/3/2019 5:20am
slipdog wrote:
Efritts75 wrote:
Fuck Matthes
Wells423
11/3/2019 5:19am
slipdog wrote:
Efritts75 wrote:
Getting along with ANYONE who believes the same shit as Matthes is difficult. I don’t blame Ping. For the record Matthes (much like people with the same dumbass beliefs as himself often do) is the one who created friction. Ranting and raving about guns and the president. That fat fuck should go home to Canada. 👋🏻
kkawboy14
11/3/2019 6:22am
@lips395 wrote:
I have a question Please explain how feld keeps on doing EXCLUSIVE deals with sponsors like monster energy,Toyota and now cbmd when teams are struggling to...
I have a question

Please explain how feld keeps on doing EXCLUSIVE deals with sponsors like monster energy,Toyota and now cbmd when teams are struggling to get a title sponsor why does feld set out for such a short sighted view or honestly a quick cash grab when clearly they are so greedy to the point a rider can’t even sell a t shirt in the pit area ? How do teams not ban together and tell feld they are shitting on their own sport that turns them a profit ? I can’t understand how this keeps happening

Glad to have you apart of vital to buddy
You must not be a business man!

Feld gives a lot of tv exposure to a sponsor. Teams, not so much!
Melicar
11/3/2019 6:40am
Why do I get the feeling, even though none of them will ever publicly admit it, that Racer X is the one that decided that "Ping needed to spend more time with his family" ?
DC
11/3/2019 7:01am
Melicar wrote:
Why do I get the feeling, even though none of them will ever publicly admit it, that Racer X is the one that decided that "Ping...
Why do I get the feeling, even though none of them will ever publicly admit it, that Racer X is the one that decided that "Ping needed to spend more time with his family" ?
Because that’s exactly what Ping told me.

DC
Racer X
Efritts75
11/3/2019 7:02am
Melicar wrote:
Why do I get the feeling, even though none of them will ever publicly admit it, that Racer X is the one that decided that "Ping...
I guess if you have a couple of guys not getting along you have to keep the one with more followers and influence? It’s a different world these days and if they had to make a choice I’d guess Mathes looks more appealing than a part timer. Just a guess?
aeffertz
11/3/2019 7:05am
Wells423 wrote:
Getting along with ANYONE who believes the same shit as Matthes is difficult. I don’t blame Ping. For the record Matthes (much like people with the...
Getting along with ANYONE who believes the same shit as Matthes is difficult. I don’t blame Ping. For the record Matthes (much like people with the same dumbass beliefs as himself often do) is the one who created friction. Ranting and raving about guns and the president. That fat fuck should go home to Canada. 👋🏻
And to a sane person, you look like a maniac painting a false picture. How much time has he spent talking about either of those two topics throughout his 400+ PULP MX shows or countless other podcasts?

If you find it hard to get along with the general public, maybe you are the asshole.
kkawboy14
11/3/2019 7:07am
Everyone gets along with Matthes
Melicar
11/3/2019 7:07am
Melicar wrote:
DC wrote:
Because that’s exactly what Ping told me.

DC
Racer X
No further questions, Your Honor.

Post a reply to: @PING

The Latest