PED's?

fader418
Edited Date/Time 12/16/2017 2:22pm
I know this a topic that NOBODY wants to talk about. I never thought these guys used that stuff until now...

That's a hard question to answer, I think racing has gotten better to watch from a fans perspective because there's so much depth in the classes but I also think we have more depth because 4 strokes have made it easier for a wide range of racers to be at that competitive level. Privateers these days can build good bikes with the support and money to have whatever they want on there bike, back in the day very few racers knew how to build a good bike and only factory racers had equipment that killed the competitions. Also two strokes were not easy to go fast on, it took skill to get them going fast and keeping momentum up around a track took talend and skill, 4 strokes don't take as much perfection on hitting everything perfect to keep going fast all you have to do is twist the throttle and have the strength to hold on. 4 strokes took the fun out of racing and made the sport an athletic sport where the strongest riders win. So yes our sport is more dangerous now because 4 strokes have given us more power then most people can handle, and yes it is much more expensive but we have a lot more technology to invested in the bike. Has it made racing any better? I think racing hasn't ever been this exciting ever for the fans to watch but at our risk its getting out of hand, nobody wants to see another sx season have the top 7 guys all get injured at some point. I think the biggest thing in our sport that needs to change is the performance enhancing drugs, at this point the only top riders not doing them is James Stewart and chad reed, the rest are being pumped full of crap that makes these guys monsters and its organized cheating and the sport knows its going on and does nothing about it to stop it.
|
Regis
Fantasy
340th
12/23/2012 7:53am
Nothing new.

PED's have been around for a long time. Any time you mix results and money it is going to happen, in any sport.
clungey
12/23/2012 8:09am
Regis wrote:
Nothing new.

PED's have been around for a long time. Any time you mix results and money it is going to happen, in any sport.

The Shop

flarider
12/23/2012 8:12am
Regis wrote:
Nothing new.

clungey wrote:
x3
etccb
12/23/2012 8:15am Edited Date/Time 12/23/2012 8:15am
So ma800 IS then I guess. A close member of that group just made that statement.
clungey
12/23/2012 8:22am Edited Date/Time 12/23/2012 8:25am
Win with PED's or Don't clean...
Your choice????????????? I'm ridin dirty, wanna see me.............
fader418
12/23/2012 8:24am
No Mikey is not. Jeff posted that as well. Its on another thread.. It may not be nothing new, but nobody that really "knows" would ever talk about it before...
Jeff alessi
12/23/2012 8:26am
Can you just take off the 'Jeff alessi wrote' part. I'm not really interested in that phone call ill get if my dad knows I said that. Lol. But iv stated my brother doesn't take anything and he has no reason to, he works hard and does everything he can do have the best natural body for racing.
bvm111
12/23/2012 8:34am
who cares really... its called Professional Motocross... not the olympics of motocross. These guys get paid to race motorcycles... enough said!
clungey
12/23/2012 8:37am
bvm111 wrote:
who cares really... its called Professional Motocross... not the olympics of motocross. These guys get paid to race motorcycles... enough said!
Me.
kongols
12/23/2012 8:37am
bvm111 wrote:
Enough said ?!!!LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing
bvm111
12/23/2012 8:41am
bvm111 wrote:
kongols wrote:
Enough said ?!!!LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing
well I can hope can't I? WhistlingEvil
fader418
12/23/2012 8:50am
Can you just take off the 'Jeff alessi wrote' part. I'm not really interested in that phone call ill get if my dad knows I said...
Can you just take off the 'Jeff alessi wrote' part. I'm not really interested in that phone call ill get if my dad knows I said that. Lol. But iv stated my brother doesn't take anything and he has no reason to, he works hard and does everything he can do have the best natural body for racing.
Done! Wasn't trying to make you look bad, it was just the first time anyone has ever said anything about such a secret topic. Maybe A mod can just delete this thread...
ATKpilot99
12/23/2012 8:53am
Aside from the argument of whether or not the athletes using PEDs are cheating or not, aren't they and the trainers supplying and administering them operating outside the law? No one seems to care or take that into consideration.
DownSouth
12/23/2012 8:56am
So if the "anonymous" commentator says everyone is using them why are Stewart and Reed above suspicion?
12/23/2012 8:57am
Can you just take off the 'Jeff alessi wrote' part. I'm not really interested in that phone call ill get if my dad knows I said...
fader418 wrote:
Done! Wasn't trying to make you look bad, it was just the first time anyone has ever said anything about such a secret topic. Maybe A...
Done! Wasn't trying to make you look bad, it was just the first time anyone has ever said anything about such a secret topic. Maybe A mod can just delete this thread...
Why cover it up?

I know I would not want my child taking part in a sport that resorts to pumping the stars full of drugs with who knows what kinds of side effects just in an attempt to win.

The people that allow this to go on should hang their heads in shame, but I guess you can't make a living with only JS7 and CR22 in the field now can you?
JackLHyde
12/23/2012 9:11am
Love this topic. I can only imagine how long it takes till it's being shut down.
clungey
12/23/2012 9:13am
JackLHyde wrote:
Love this topic. I can only imagine how long it takes till it's being shut down.
Rings true in most sports so no real need to shut it down.
JackLHyde
12/23/2012 9:17am
clungey wrote:
We'll see. Most of these have gone nowhere.
Shit goes down all over the place. GP riders aren't innocent, too.
daveoevo
12/23/2012 9:20am
Dose the AMA carry out any sort of drug testing?
clungey
12/23/2012 9:29am Edited Date/Time 12/23/2012 10:11am
clungey wrote:
JackLHyde wrote:
We'll see. Most of these have gone nowhere.
Shit goes down all over the place. GP riders aren't innocent, too.
True, this goes on way lower in the ranks than the profo's, unfortunately!

Edit; fucking keyboard!
BigDaddyG
12/23/2012 9:33am
Look at what these dudes put their bodies through....NFL playes, Lance and the cycling world, Moto, etc...... these guys do nothing but beat the shit out of themselves on a daily basis.....hell yes they need something to help them with recovery, stamina, etc...... How could they not? Honestly.

I think it is way better than the BAD drugs that I have heard about and seen riders over the years smoke and snort.....nothing new, been going on for years. Thats the shit they need to test for.
jhansen510
Fantasy
3595th
12/23/2012 9:41am
I would love to know where Fader418 gets his facts from. Are you following these dudes into the bathroom and leaving with a cup of their piss? Chad and Stewie the only riders not doing them? Please.... You gotta get a clue white boy. If it can be done without trouble, they would be doing them to. I would love to see you ask this question to RD5 after a 30 plus 2. Next thread please!
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4091st
12/23/2012 9:50am Edited Date/Time 12/23/2012 9:51am
Yes its here and yes very fast guys take them just like average guys take them.

Average recovery time for ACL for the average joe? Walking and biking—12 weeks ,running—6 months.

Average recovery time for ACL for factory Joe? walking and biking— 2-3 weeks, running—2 months .

A factory rider recently had his knee done and was bycycling 1 week later, can you do that?

Two factory riders have missed the Supercross season because of severe knee injuries just to come back stronger and faster then pre injury and destryoed the comp, both used the same trainer.
APLMAN99
12/23/2012 9:50am
As opposed to who? What other top riders don't work hard?

I don't doubt that there are riders that push the envelope, but there are times when an accusation sounds a bit like an excuse for why one rider can't beat another rider.....
Regis
Fantasy
340th
12/23/2012 9:54am
jhansen510 wrote:
I would love to know where Fader418 gets his facts from. Are you following these dudes into the bathroom and leaving with a cup of their...
I would love to know where Fader418 gets his facts from. Are you following these dudes into the bathroom and leaving with a cup of their piss? Chad and Stewie the only riders not doing them? Please.... You gotta get a clue white boy. If it can be done without trouble, they would be doing them to. I would love to see you ask this question to RD5 after a 30 plus 2. Next thread please!
It appears Fader stated that comment, however, he didn't. He stated the source originally as it was in another thread. That source asked his name be taken off this post and he did. Sot it appears it is his statement, it's not.
Regis
Fantasy
340th
12/23/2012 9:56am Edited Date/Time 12/23/2012 9:57am
APLMAN99 wrote:
As opposed to who? What other top riders don't work hard? I don't doubt that there are riders that push the envelope, but there are times...
As opposed to who? What other top riders don't work hard?

I don't doubt that there are riders that push the envelope, but there are times when an accusation sounds a bit like an excuse for why one rider can't beat another rider.....
He never said other riders don't work hard. He merely stated PED's are in the sport. Matter of fact, PED's won't do shit unless you are working hard.

It's not like you can sit on the couch eating donuts and drinking DR. Pepper, take a shot once a week and be ready for 20 laps at A1.

Post a reply to: PED's?

The Latest