PED blood doping thread lasted two hours

The Rock
Edited Date/Time 12/17/2017 6:20pm
Then got sent to Dumbgeon? What is up with that?
|
jasonv43
6/6/2013 9:23pm Edited Date/Time 6/6/2013 9:23pm
If I had to guess I would say you were over your "Cool in MX thread" limit for the day.
kongols
6/6/2013 9:29pm
What was a risk vs reward ratio on that?
The Rock
6/6/2013 10:25pm
[img]https://cahidejibek.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/uc-maymun.jpg[/img]
The thread being pulled speaks volumes......,powers to be are aware of PED and blood doping but obviously aren't interested in addressing this issue. Much easier to do nothing than to do the right thing.

Would love to have DC weigh in on this issue.

The Shop

kongols
6/6/2013 10:31pm Edited Date/Time 6/6/2013 10:33pm
The Rock wrote:
The thread being pulled speaks volumes......,powers to be are aware of PED and blood doping but obviously aren't interested in addressing this issue. Much easier to...
The thread being pulled speaks volumes......,powers to be are aware of PED and blood doping but obviously aren't interested in addressing this issue. Much easier to do nothing than to do the right thing.

Would love to have DC weigh in on this issue.
DC is a promoter, organizer. He has squat to do with this.
Neutra
6/6/2013 10:39pm
He is also a journalist (and a good one). I'd love to hear the truth but it's not gonna happen.
The Rock
6/6/2013 10:44pm
kongols wrote:
If you are a Euro then I'm a retired John Holmes stunt double.

Regarding DC he cares about the sport and it would be great to learn his feelings as a fan on this subject.
kongols
6/6/2013 10:47pm Edited Date/Time 6/6/2013 10:47pm
The Rock wrote:
If you are a Euro then I'm a retired John Holmes stunt double. Regarding DC he cares about the sport and it would be great to...

Regarding DC he cares about the sport and it would be great to learn his feelings as a fan on this subject.
What do you mean?(about Euro)
bvm111
6/6/2013 10:55pm
I think he is referring to some sort of currency.... A "Euro" ???

I dunno???
jeffro503
6/6/2013 10:57pm
It's a touchy subject, Not many journalists would try to cross any of those lines and get themselves black balled from the riders and teams. It might not seem like it.....but bringing out the truth about everything ( if you could ) could ruin people career's and overall family life. As some people would lose their jobs , be put on a black list.....basically completely ruin themselves.

Nope....we are going to have to leave it all up to speculation.

We aren't ever going to find out who was doing what and when they were doing it.

It's something you take to the grave.
jeffro503
6/6/2013 10:58pm
kongols wrote:
The Rock wrote:
If you are a Euro then I'm a retired John Holmes stunt double. Regarding DC he cares about the sport and it would be great to...

Rock.....that question came from way out of left field. What?
MotoX85
6/6/2013 11:07pm
The Rock wrote:

kongols wrote:
Because of the slang you use and wordage. You do not talk very "euro". You definitely do not talk like any Latvian I have ever met.
MotoX85
6/6/2013 11:11pm
Some friends of mine training in the southern GA portion of the US have mentioned there has been some speak of riders doping and it has become a finger pointing contest.

Just start random drug testing for like 5 out of the 40 qualifiers. Maybe pick a couple at random at some of the larger nationals. LL, Mini O's, Ponca, etc. I have no problem with drug testing, they should do it more often, IMO.
MotoX85
6/6/2013 11:14pm
Well I just went over and read your original post. I see why it was dumped.
jeffro503
6/6/2013 11:15pm
The Rock wrote:

kongols wrote:
MotoX85 wrote:
Because of the slang you use and wordage. You do not talk very "euro". You definitely do not talk like any Latvian I have ever met.
Pretty sure Kong is Latvian. He has posted a ton of pics from the races over there and even helps sponsor a few riders. He's a core moto dude from across the pond.

Quick question though......how can you tell if someone is not from some where specific.....if we are all typing English?
kongols
6/6/2013 11:35pm Edited Date/Time 6/6/2013 11:35pm
MotoX85 wrote:
I lived in USA for three years. You know what's the funniest part about that? It's watching American movies translated in latvian. They pretty much translate it the way they hear it and Im just laughing my ass off. The latest one where I was on a floor laughing for a good ten minutes was this. You know the saying " riding shotgun", latvians translated it " let me grab my shotgun along for a ride".
ocscottie
6/7/2013 12:20am
MotoX85 wrote:
Well I just went over and read your original post. I see why it was dumped.
Prob has little to do with anything he said, and more to do with the fact that the subject has been literally beaten to death on this board over the years. GuyB is pretty much over it and i am guessing that is why it was moved. Then again, i am just assuming that is the case. Whistling

...and then to start another one? Obviously someone has forgot what the definition of "cool" is...as it is also evident by the over use of the word in his many recent thread titles. Blink
Jeff alessi
6/7/2013 12:22am
jeffro503 wrote:
It's a touchy subject, Not many journalists would try to cross any of those lines and get themselves black balled from the riders and teams. It...
It's a touchy subject, Not many journalists would try to cross any of those lines and get themselves black balled from the riders and teams. It might not seem like it.....but bringing out the truth about everything ( if you could ) could ruin people career's and overall family life. As some people would lose their jobs , be put on a black list.....basically completely ruin themselves.

We aren't ever going to find out who was doing what and when they were doing it.

This.

I wasn't here.
The Rock
6/7/2013 12:41am
jeffro503 wrote:
It's a touchy subject, Not many journalists would try to cross any of those lines and get themselves black balled from the riders and teams. It...

Excellent post. The underlying question is are PEDs and blood doping a positive or a negative for the image of SX/:MX racing?
Will accepting these substances as part of our MX culture affect how our sport is viewed by other Motorsports?

For the record not looking to ruin careers and family lives only initiating dialogue on this subject.

kongols-It is all good. Where did you live in the US and what do you miss if anything about the US?
tobz
6/7/2013 12:54am
So what's it like being John Holmes Stunt Double?

kongols
6/7/2013 1:21am
The Rock wrote:
Excellent post. The underlying question is are PEDs and blood doping a positive or a negative for the image of SX/:MX racing? Will accepting these substances...
Excellent post. The underlying question is are PEDs and blood doping a positive or a negative for the image of SX/:MX racing?
Will accepting these substances as part of our MX culture affect how our sport is viewed by other Motorsports?

For the record not looking to ruin careers and family lives only initiating dialogue on this subject.

kongols-It is all good. Where did you live in the US and what do you miss if anything about the US?
I lived in Nantucket most of the time and for a brief period of time in Phoenix , AZ.
It's not like I miss anything. It's just different over there. Not worse, not better just different.
Fearo
6/7/2013 2:25am Edited Date/Time 6/7/2013 2:26am
Our sport is in a weird place when it comes to the probability of PED use.

It's:
a) Extremely physically demanding
b) Spots on a race team are very limited
c) The testing being done is from the stone age
d) The sport is so small that there's no pressure from the public or anything to gain for the media if they tried to find out what was going on, other than the self destruction of the sport

The combination of those 4 factors makes the likelihood of extensive PED use very high I must say. What's funny is that cycling for instance, the mother of all PED infected sports actually has much less of a "pressure to win" factor than motocross. With extreme dedication and some talent you can have a clean pro cycling career as a 'helper', because there are lots of teams and some of them have upwards of 30 riders. With motocross on the other hand, you're basically either top 20 material or you're not getting anything.

And for those of you that say motocross is a talent-driven sport.. To some extent, yeah, sure it is. Talent will always float to the top, but there's soooo much more than just talent. Work ethic, ability to control nerves, injuries, ability to recover... That's why I think that IF PED's would be used in MX, it wouldn't be stuff that "would make you go faster" but primarily stuff to control nerves and slow the heart rate (beta blockers) and stuff to increase the speed of recovery.
WhKnuckle
6/7/2013 2:45am
For what it's worth, I used to think PEDs were rarely, if ever, used in the high levels of motocross. Now I'm training for a hilly marathon in October,,and it's very hard to do that when you are 58 years old - and I find myself looking into EPO just to try to turn in a respectable performance. If an old man running a marathon for no money is VERY tempted to use EPO, how tempted would a very upper-echelon motocross racer be?

BTW, there is now a blood test that can nail EPO. it's not certain that riders would submit to blood tests, but at least there's a test for it now,

I used to think of our sport as being pretty clean. I don't think that now. In reality, I'm less concerned about elite riders using PEDS than I am about some 14 yep ear old kid trying to win Loretta's and scoring some kind of dubious stuff from a slimeball in an alley behind a gym.
ando
6/7/2013 4:29am
WhKnuckle wrote:
For what it's worth, I used to think PEDs were rarely, if ever, used in the high levels of motocross. Now I'm training for a hilly...
For what it's worth, I used to think PEDs were rarely, if ever, used in the high levels of motocross. Now I'm training for a hilly marathon in October,,and it's very hard to do that when you are 58 years old - and I find myself looking into EPO just to try to turn in a respectable performance. If an old man running a marathon for no money is VERY tempted to use EPO, how tempted would a very upper-echelon motocross racer be?

BTW, there is now a blood test that can nail EPO. it's not certain that riders would submit to blood tests, but at least there's a test for it now,

I used to think of our sport as being pretty clean. I don't think that now. In reality, I'm less concerned about elite riders using PEDS than I am about some 14 yep ear old kid trying to win Loretta's and scoring some kind of dubious stuff from a slimeball in an alley behind a gym.
Why the hell would you want to use EPO (or anything else for that matter) for a non-professional event?
6/7/2013 4:42am
I say just let everyone do em and be done with it. That way you can eliminate usless stuff to bitch and whine about.
IWreckALot
6/7/2013 4:48am
The Rock wrote:
Excellent post. The underlying question is are PEDs and blood doping a positive or a negative for the image of SX/:MX racing? Will accepting these substances...

kongols wrote:
I lived in Nantucket most of the time and for a brief period of time in Phoenix , AZ. It's not like I miss anything. It's...
I lived in Nantucket most of the time and for a brief period of time in Phoenix , AZ.
It's not like I miss anything. It's just different over there. Not worse, not better just different.
He misses the right to pack heat.

Just giving you a hard time Kong.
KMC440
6/7/2013 4:52am
ando wrote:
Why the hell would you want to use EPO (or anything else for that matter) for a non-professional event?
Because the kid next to you on the line probably isn't....

and there's thousands upon thousands of dollars at stake.
WhKnuckle
6/7/2013 4:58am
WhKnuckle wrote:
For what it's worth, I used to think PEDs were rarely, if ever, used in the high levels of motocross. Now I'm training for a hilly...

ando wrote:
Because it sucks to be 58 years old. You'll see.
yak651
Fantasy
192nd
6/7/2013 5:11am
WhKnuckle wrote:

ando wrote:
WhKnuckle wrote:
Because it sucks to be 58 years old. You'll see.
Who are you trying to impress at 58 years old? As long as you are running times that meet your goals, I agree with the above poster. So because you are old it would make you feel better about your results if you cheated?

Post a reply to: PED blood doping thread lasted two hours

The Latest