PC riders pushing DF out from track 3 times

tek14
Edited Date/Time 6/16/2020 12:55pm
How different our nbc crew talking about taking DF out 3 times in 2 races..
Other way around we would have been watching replays how bad DF and Cooper are playing dirty team games taking out opponents.
|
scott_nz
Fantasy
840th
6/15/2020 1:20am
Did you not watch df in the early rounds of the series
fullfloater
Fantasy
13th
6/15/2020 1:25am
scott_nz wrote:
Agreed. This was a bit more spectacular. Even Ferrandis admitted that he had done the same thing so he had to accept a bit of aggressive riding. 250 West rules!!

Question
6/15/2020 2:09am

Agressive is ok at pro level if it is not dangerously ugly (i.e. cross jumping to take the front wheel).

I would say that twice (if not 3 times) he had to not put himself in that situation by being a little faster (heat last race and main this race), and once he had to check up a little (heat, this race). He did race good though.

I have to admit the final round makes me nervous. Sexton and McElrath will be going for the title, Jett and Craig are taking great starts, as well as Forkner and 2 fast and agressive and good starter team mates, plus Cooper who can also deliver. At the final Ferrandis will have to take a good start to manage his 7 points lead. It should be ok, but a grain of salt can come quickly especially in a points paying shout out where 2 titles get closely decided.
6/15/2020 2:16am
Mcadoo is trying to prove himself. I feel like the PC deal might be a make or break deal with him, so being aggressive with Ferrandis as he was trying to get a heat race win was fine in my books. And Forkner was going for the lead, and has been pushed off the track twice by Ferrandis. I'm really not a fan of Forkner, but that move was absolutely fine as well. Either way, rubbing is racing.

The Shop

Ray_MXS
6/15/2020 2:54am
I´d say this is Ferrandis aggressive moves early in the season that bites him.

He basically said, "yeah I´m aggressive, its fine, I would expect the same"

The entire rest of the field: "Cool, all bets are off then"

If he´d just admit it was idiotic moves without any brain function going in to them and apologizing, he probably would have been fine now.
Markee
Fantasy
1941st
6/15/2020 4:25am
Mcadoo is trying to prove himself. I feel like the PC deal might be a make or break deal with him, so being aggressive with Ferrandis...
Mcadoo is trying to prove himself. I feel like the PC deal might be a make or break deal with him, so being aggressive with Ferrandis as he was trying to get a heat race win was fine in my books. And Forkner was going for the lead, and has been pushed off the track twice by Ferrandis. I'm really not a fan of Forkner, but that move was absolutely fine as well. Either way, rubbing is racing.
To be fair, Mcadoo's two where not that bad. The wheel getting stuck and flipping ferrandis and not taking him self out is unreal, never have seen that. The one yesterday, he was diving in but he was trying hard not to hit ferrandis. His front end was cranked, and that tire pushed a little too much.

Good racing though. I don't have a dog in the fight, so have at it boys!
6/15/2020 5:39am
DF knows he’s got it coming every race. he’s smart enough not to push it anymore. All he needs to do is let forkner by and settle in behind him. that’s locks up the 1 plate, and protects him from being punted into devastation.
500guy
6/15/2020 5:47am
Ferrandis leaves the inside open and then doesn't let off when someone comes inside on him, So He has to share the responsibility for the out come.
bvm111
6/15/2020 5:56am
I am a product of racing in the 80s and love a good block pass and aggressive racing. But, i just look at the forkner pass last night and think could he have accomplished that without the “rubbing is racing” and majority of the time the answer is yes. DF left the door WIDE open and he didn’t need to go the extra distance to make stiff contact and shoulder check dylan to complete the pass... in my opinion.
motoxxx599
Fantasy
875th
6/15/2020 6:05am
How about RC getting fired up when Lawrence got pushed off by Forkner and calling for retaliation for a lap and a half?
KX500
6/15/2020 6:33am
Watch some replays of the stupid stuff Bam Bam does.

Nothing that PC has done to DF is even close.

I enjoyed both the McAdoo and Forker passes. In both cases I saw riders simply take the best line away from the rider in front of them & the move forward. Give way - coming thru! Zero, take out & put you on the ground moves - although one did result in that, but in a very low probability way.

DF doesn't deserve the respect of only being passed clean & without contact. And the contact he's gotten has been less than what he has given out.

Which is why even DF says - no complaints.
mhog
6/15/2020 6:44am
One thing I appreciate about DF is he’s a good sport about it when it happens to him. He admits he’s aggressive and wants to win, so he expects everyone to be the same. Hopefully the previous hate for him will subside now because he’s extremely talented and there’s no sense for him to get boo’d when he’s on the podium. The 250 racing is awesome right now.
6/15/2020 7:01am Edited Date/Time 6/15/2020 7:03am
Another thing here is....like contact is ok in mx/sx racing. Sometimes the margin is that tight where you need to thread it, you make some contact. It wasn’t a perpendicular no-chance-for-a-pass t-bone. It was parallel contact where two lines came together. That’s ACTUAL racing for money and point right there. That wasn’t a dick move by any means. I think some fans would want turn signals and brake lights affixed to these machines and have right of way rules. cmon this is racing.
motomike137
6/15/2020 7:12am Edited Date/Time 6/15/2020 7:13am
Many wanted to let Ferrandis off the hook when he torpedoed Craig. If you want to race that way you have to accept it when you get it done to you. Ferrandis didn't make a big deal out of it and maybe realized that Forkner has some backbone in his body. This is great stuff to watch imho.
pops
6/15/2020 7:18am
bvm111 wrote:
I am a product of racing in the 80s and love a good block pass and aggressive racing. But, i just look at the forkner pass...
I am a product of racing in the 80s and love a good block pass and aggressive racing. But, i just look at the forkner pass last night and think could he have accomplished that without the “rubbing is racing” and majority of the time the answer is yes. DF left the door WIDE open and he didn’t need to go the extra distance to make stiff contact and shoulder check dylan to complete the pass... in my opinion.
Omg, we get it, you hate Austin. Frenchie has LITERALLY done the EXACT SAME pass on Austin TWICE
rileymx
6/15/2020 7:27am Edited Date/Time 6/15/2020 8:24am
scott_nz wrote:
yes i did, and also all the booing and bashing in the weeks after, i even saw DF get a suspended penalty for it !!!!!!
what i dont see is the same happening the other way around now, specially because it envolves the team mate of his championship challenger.......
i am ok with what i see in track, its hard racing and aggressive passing, but its what you expect when a ama sx title is on the table, even DF has said it itself, and i bet that dylan can hold himself with it. What i am missing is the same treatment from the board, putting the same pressure on who does race aggressive, has i am missing the same treatment from all the fans that got really loud by not agreeing with aggressive racing and giving the riders a 2º thought about going for it. in resume, what i am missing is a equal treatment for every racer behind the gate......
and thats why i hope DF can bring it in and beat all of his adversaries, cuz because of the way he has been treated he is winning much more then just an sx title !!!!!!!!
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
6/15/2020 7:30am
bvm111 wrote:
I am a product of racing in the 80s and love a good block pass and aggressive racing. But, i just look at the forkner pass...
pops wrote:
Omg, we get it, you hate Austin. Frenchie has LITERALLY done the EXACT SAME pass on Austin TWICE
I get that you're biased, but not really, and Dylan didn't complain about it.

The first time, yes there was contact and Dylan was put on probation. The second time however, none.

shuggs
6/15/2020 8:45am
What was wrong with passes last night? Would struggle to call them aggressive and I’m a big DF fan, love the attitude
bvm111
6/15/2020 8:52am Edited Date/Time 6/15/2020 8:54am
bvm111 wrote:
pops wrote:
so you are saying that he couldn’t have made that pass without contact?

I never said I hate forkner, hate is a strong word, I am also not defending DF and acknowledge that he said he was cool about the pass ... sort of.
6/15/2020 8:54am
shuggs wrote:
What was wrong with passes last night? Would struggle to call them aggressive and I’m a big DF fan, love the attitude
Agreed. ...and same. I like DF a lot. I also liked that he said on camera "I can't really complain". lol.

Let's finish this off Dylan.... 2 #1s in a row and move up.
6/15/2020 8:54am
There's nothing wrong with any of this. Expect to see fireworks at the finale. Green against blue, and the momentum is with green right now. DF is not sleeping well this week.
6/15/2020 8:58am
scott_nz wrote:
rileymx wrote:
yes i did, and also all the booing and bashing in the weeks after, i even saw DF get a suspended penalty for it !!!!!! what...
yes i did, and also all the booing and bashing in the weeks after, i even saw DF get a suspended penalty for it !!!!!!
what i dont see is the same happening the other way around now, specially because it envolves the team mate of his championship challenger.......
i am ok with what i see in track, its hard racing and aggressive passing, but its what you expect when a ama sx title is on the table, even DF has said it itself, and i bet that dylan can hold himself with it. What i am missing is the same treatment from the board, putting the same pressure on who does race aggressive, has i am missing the same treatment from all the fans that got really loud by not agreeing with aggressive racing and giving the riders a 2º thought about going for it. in resume, what i am missing is a equal treatment for every racer behind the gate......
and thats why i hope DF can bring it in and beat all of his adversaries, cuz because of the way he has been treated he is winning much more then just an sx title !!!!!!!!
Ferrandis didn’t even get taken out last night so what exactly do you want them to do? The pass last night was absolutely nothing like Ferrandis’ move on Craig.
BobbyM
6/15/2020 9:10am
Mitch knows the PC bike domination is no longer a reality and he hates that his scooters are down on power and speed compared to yesteryear. The Yamaha's are simply faster machines and it doesn't sit well with the boss at PC. "Do whatever it takes to finish in front of those blue bikes " mantra from Mitch is obvious.
motomike137
6/15/2020 9:29am
BobbyM wrote:
Mitch knows the PC bike domination is no longer a reality and he hates that his scooters are down on power and speed compared to yesteryear...
Mitch knows the PC bike domination is no longer a reality and he hates that his scooters are down on power and speed compared to yesteryear. The Yamaha's are simply faster machines and it doesn't sit well with the boss at PC. "Do whatever it takes to finish in front of those blue bikes " mantra from Mitch is obvious.
The beauty of the sport is that even down on hp's a guy like Forkner can still outride Ferrandis on a good day.
robotsfrom
6/15/2020 9:59am
scott_nz wrote:
rileymx wrote:
yes i did, and also all the booing and bashing in the weeks after, i even saw DF get a suspended penalty for it !!!!!! what...
Ferrandis didn’t even get taken out last night so what exactly do you want them to do? The pass last night was absolutely nothing like Ferrandis’...
Ferrandis didn’t even get taken out last night so what exactly do you want them to do? The pass last night was absolutely nothing like Ferrandis’ move on Craig.
Forkner will need to put on a few more pounds before he can take someone out like that. haha

He came in full speed ahead and barely moved Ferrandis out of the line.

The only real question is when does the AMA start looking at Pro Circuit. Three incidents with the title opponent in four gate drops. I kind of thought Pro Circuits plan was to fire up Ferrandis and get him to do something dumb and break his probation for the Craig incident.

Interesting tactics from a team that tried to get Osborne docked positions for his pass on Savatgy.
6/15/2020 10:00am
bvm111 wrote:
so you are saying that he couldn’t have made that pass without contact? I never said I hate forkner, hate is a strong word, I am...
so you are saying that he couldn’t have made that pass without contact?

I never said I hate forkner, hate is a strong word, I am also not defending DF and acknowledge that he said he was cool about the pass ... sort of.
Yes, he couldn’t of made the pass without contact because he was either there, or he wasn’t there. They were stale-mated. He had to push the issue and make it happen or he woulda filed in outside behind DF and the same follow the leader, no contact racing woulda pursued.....
6/15/2020 10:13am
rileymx wrote:
Ferrandis didn’t even get taken out last night so what exactly do you want them to do? The pass last night was absolutely nothing like Ferrandis’...
robotsfrom wrote:
Forkner will need to put on a few more pounds before he can take someone out like that. haha He came in full speed ahead and...
Forkner will need to put on a few more pounds before he can take someone out like that. haha

He came in full speed ahead and barely moved Ferrandis out of the line.

The only real question is when does the AMA start looking at Pro Circuit. Three incidents with the title opponent in four gate drops. I kind of thought Pro Circuits plan was to fire up Ferrandis and get him to do something dumb and break his probation for the Craig incident.

Interesting tactics from a team that tried to get Osborne docked positions for his pass on Savatgy.
If you know anything about professional SX/MX, you would know that the teams will try anything to gain an advantage. It’s not a PC thing. If Ferrandis doesn’t want to worry about getting docked because he’s on probation, then he shouldn’t have been a wrecking ball at the start of the season. I see no issue with any of the racing the past week.
Idp57
Fantasy
2612th
6/15/2020 10:14am
Who thinks that the Pizza wasn't trying to put down the French to the ground and back in the pack is a naive.
Dust601
6/15/2020 10:18am
I think Forkner could of easily gotten by without that last night, and I think by the way he lowered his shoulder, and really got into him it was pretty obvious he was trying to take him down, but I mean I get it. #1. Forkner is running outa time, and needs to try to make something happen to gain some points. #2. Ferrandis has gotten into him twice this season while making passes. Ferrandis has to 100 percent expect that after the way he’s raced Forkner all season.

I think the other 2 could have been avoided by Ferrandis himself had he just let up for those corners. He could of let the guy by, regrouped, and started to try to attack back, but let’s face it. He’s not gonna lay up, even for a corner. So he ended up on the ground.

Love, or hate these guys they’ve all proven they’re extremely fast, and all willing to bump bars to try, and win. The addition of the Lawerence bro’s just adds to the already exciting racing. Cooper has been having a surprisingly quiet, but really good season. The 250 west has just been a absolute blast this year, and I can’t wait to see how things end.
motomike137
6/15/2020 10:20am
This whole debate makes me laugh. Forkner put a nice textbook physical pass on Dylan. He didn't sweep his front end, he just gave him a nice body shot. Ferrandis new it was coming and braced for it. No harm no foul just damn good racing.

Post a reply to: PC riders pushing DF out from track 3 times

The Latest