PC Bogging Issues

LoudLove
3/12/2014 10:15am Edited Date/Time 3/12/2014 8:15pm
Any follow-up on whether Deano's last-lap bike issue earlier this year were related to Adam C's similar situation during his Daytona heat race? Fortunately neither resulted in a crash, but it's the type of thing we don't often see from Pro Circuit.

Mitch prides himself on quality craftsmanship. His bikes have dominated for years, which subsequently puts pressure on the riders to perform. The last thing he wants are gremlins impacting the team's confidence in his product.
|
IWreckALot
3/12/2014 11:31am
I don't have an answer to your question but here is my $.02.

I noted in a previous thread that I think it was PC who said that they have a bank of engines that don't necessarily belong to any specific rider. The engines are rotated between the riders. After every race, they replace the raced engine with a fresh engine. I'm wondering if the engine that Wilson used when his bike bogged is the same engine that AC was using. If so, they probably just need to dump that engine. There's something that isn't firing right and it would probably be more beneficial to replace that engine than it is to figure out what effed up and risk a season ending or championship ruining DNF.

If it's different engines, then they probably have a bigger problem. But I have myself convinced that it was the same engine.
jhansen510
Fantasy
3559th
3/12/2014 12:08pm
When I was in the semi and Mitch was showing us the spare engines. Each rider had a space on the shelf in the engine cabinet. If I remember correctly each rider had 2 spare engines on the truck plus the engines in the bike itself. Bowers was the only rider at the time and they had engines on hand for baggett, davalos, durham, wilson, etc. Not to say the engines stay with the same rider every time because I do not think that they do. However, I think your logic is flawed IWreckalot. An engine is told what to do from the ecu, throttle body, etc. I do not think it is engine related but more electronics, fuel pump/throttle body related. But opinions are like assholes and everybody has one. So take it for what it is worth.
IWreckALot
3/12/2014 1:54pm
jhansen510 wrote:
When I was in the semi and Mitch was showing us the spare engines. Each rider had a space on the shelf in the engine cabinet...
When I was in the semi and Mitch was showing us the spare engines. Each rider had a space on the shelf in the engine cabinet. If I remember correctly each rider had 2 spare engines on the truck plus the engines in the bike itself. Bowers was the only rider at the time and they had engines on hand for baggett, davalos, durham, wilson, etc. Not to say the engines stay with the same rider every time because I do not think that they do. However, I think your logic is flawed IWreckalot. An engine is told what to do from the ecu, throttle body, etc. I do not think it is engine related but more electronics, fuel pump/throttle body related. But opinions are like assholes and everybody has one. So take it for what it is worth.
I'll be the first to admit that your mechanical opinion probably carries more weight than mine. My engine knowledge is about zilch. I can change the oil, clean the air filter and change the spark plug. Other than that, I am bad at figuring out engine stuff. I just meant that the bike has a gremlin and they should probably just purge the engine just to be safe.

Now if they were using different engines, they need to get to the source of the problem.
yanks_178
3/12/2014 4:39pm
Are they getting so much out of the motor that the electronics can not keep up?

The Shop

honda907
3/12/2014 4:47pm
yanks_178 wrote:
Are they getting so much out of the motor that the electronics can not keep up?
Kawi uses a dual injector system. Maybe the injector in the air boot that kicks on at higher RPM is not always working? Just a though. Seems the bike boogs, but still is powered under lower RPM just an observation. I don't have any facts.
Motodave15
3/12/2014 4:56pm
I don't know too much about engines either... But this is definitely one of the more interesting things, That i wish people in the know would talk about.
ga_pike
3/12/2014 5:23pm
I have no idea what's going on with the PC bikes. But it reminds me of the 89 RM 80's. We had issues with the stators going out and it would cause the bikes to do something very similar. Ended up that the plastic covers on the side of the motor were warping and allowing water in. We had a cover milled out of aluminum and the issue went away. We had to buy a few brand new plastic covers for the stock class at Loretta's that year and they were run once and discarded. So based on my very limited knowledge, it seems like an electrical issue to me.
mauimotox99
3/12/2014 5:48pm
pretty weird, I think deano said they couldn't find anything wrong when it happend to him, ill be shocked if it happens again though. i'd bet mitch prolly has 100 motors on dynos searching for the problem as i type this lol
hillbilly
3/12/2014 7:59pm
Maybe someone left the bounty paper towels in the in let.

Them sumbitches will hold a watermelon even when wet
bkent136
3/12/2014 8:15pm
Well the thing is that in Daytona, AC's bike was stuck in 1st gear. I was there along the gate next to the whoops so I could easily tell. I feel like maybe Wilson's was an ECU/Electronics failure, and AC's was a transmission failure.

Post a reply to: PC Bogging Issues

The Latest