Ozzy?

kongols
Edited Date/Time 5/5/2012 9:08am
What`s this about? Is this just rivalry or do you think no one can turn it around like Chad did, hence he`s exception?

Steve Matthes ‏ @pulpmx
For people who r saying this JS7 to Suzuki is doomed to failure- think about what was said bout 22 starting his own team #happyrider

Reply Retweet Favorite
2h Dave Osterman ‏ @Ozzytwotwo
@pulpmx 2 key observations my friend 1) your negative 2) your not always right Bonus.. 3) can't compare those 2 Apples to oranges...
|
tobz
5/3/2012 11:15pm
I understand twitter but i can never understand a copy/paste from twitter.
fader418
5/3/2012 11:17pm
I am glad James is racing the nationals on a Suzuki. At least now we dont have to worry about Dungey just running away with it. Back to topic Chad has way more heart than James. IMHO
JJO741
Fantasy
3035th
5/3/2012 11:19pm
I don't understand what he means. Is Ozzy offended because Matthes compared JS to Reed? I think Matthes makes an excellent point.
ando
5/3/2012 11:28pm
He's saying that Chad has the knowledge, wherewithal and drive to put his own team together - knowing what he wants and the type of people he needs on the team to get it done. And James doesn't...

The Shop

kongols
5/3/2012 11:32pm Edited Date/Time 5/3/2012 11:33pm
ando wrote:
He's saying that Chad has the knowledge, wherewithal and drive to put his own team together - knowing what he wants and the type of people...
He's saying that Chad has the knowledge, wherewithal and drive to put his own team together - knowing what he wants and the type of people he needs on the team to get it done. And James doesn't...
So factory rides are second rate now? You need to start your own to succeed? And only Chad knows how?
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4231st
5/4/2012 12:20am
Ozzy naturally thinks his team's the best. Annnnd he's wound a little tight. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
ando
5/4/2012 1:30am
ando wrote:
He's saying that Chad has the knowledge, wherewithal and drive to put his own team together - knowing what he wants and the type of people...
kongols wrote:
So factory rides are second rate now? You need to start your own to succeed? And only Chad knows how?
Not sure how you got those questions from what I wrote...but it's not about the ride.

I really have no idea what Ozzy is thinking, but my own opinion is that there are very few active riders who could put their own team together and be as successful straight away as TwoTwo has been. I'd guess there are few (maybe less than 5) who have enough cash to just throw money at the problem, but that isn't a guarantee of success, and from what I have observed I don't think that's what Chad did (although it certainly took a lot of money to achieve).

Chad seems like a guy who has a clear picture in his head of what he needs and wants as a team owner, and knows how to get it. James doesn't appear, to me, to be that kind of person.
kongols
5/4/2012 1:38am
ando wrote:
Not sure how you got those questions from what I wrote...but it's not about the ride. I really have no idea what Ozzy is thinking, but...
Not sure how you got those questions from what I wrote...but it's not about the ride.

I really have no idea what Ozzy is thinking, but my own opinion is that there are very few active riders who could put their own team together and be as successful straight away as TwoTwo has been. I'd guess there are few (maybe less than 5) who have enough cash to just throw money at the problem, but that isn't a guarantee of success, and from what I have observed I don't think that's what Chad did (although it certainly took a lot of money to achieve).

Chad seems like a guy who has a clear picture in his head of what he needs and wants as a team owner, and knows how to get it. James doesn't appear, to me, to be that kind of person.
The question at hand is about "happy rider" not about who can create his own team. Stewart is not trying to create a team. He doesn`t have to cause he has a factory ride. What Matthes is saying is that switching bikes worked wonders for Reed and there is no reason to doubt that it couldn`t work for others.
ns503
5/4/2012 3:41am
Twitter sucks.
jchek779
5/4/2012 6:11am
Twitter is the tool of choice for passive-aggressive behavior.
Tumblin
5/4/2012 7:39am
There's no reason James couldn't hire "the" guy to make all the right decisions. Reed was the guy for his team, he knows what he needs better than anyone and it's proven he could assemble the right crew and formula. How can you not love his accomplishment?
James isn't the guy to lead James' team, I don't think James is driven like Chad to do that kind of work or has the personality- thought process. He just wants (and needs) to be happy and riding loose, having fun. Somebody else is going to need to steer that party wagon. Good luck to him.
Hut
5/4/2012 7:48am
The only acceptable use of twitter is; getting updates during the races when they aren't live on TV. Other than that it is hard to follow and seems completely senseless.
Rocket88
5/4/2012 7:56am
Mongo read tweet.

Mongo translate.

Reed smart.

Stewart not.
mx_563
5/4/2012 10:22am
I wonder how long Ozzy will stay at 22 Motorsports. It costs a lot of money to run a team and I don't think Reed hired Goose to look over Lars' shoulder. Goose probably doesn't want to be a mechanic forever. Reed and Goose are tight.

Now the team is twiddling their thumbs a bit with Reed out and no replacement rider.

If I'm Ozzy, I'm nervous.
Sherwood
5/4/2012 10:24am
mx_563 wrote:
I wonder how long Ozzy will stay at 22 Motorsports. It costs a lot of money to run a team and I don't think Reed hired...
I wonder how long Ozzy will stay at 22 Motorsports. It costs a lot of money to run a team and I don't think Reed hired Goose to look over Lars' shoulder. Goose probably doesn't want to be a mechanic forever. Reed and Goose are tight.

Now the team is twiddling their thumbs a bit with Reed out and no replacement rider.

I don't think Ozzy had a job before 22, so he'd be in the same place as before if 22 closed shop.
Overdrive
5/4/2012 10:26am
Someone of his caliber knows that if he does the best job he can he will be fine no matter where he lands. I doubt Ozzy gets nervous about things he can't control.
MT MX
5/4/2012 10:27am
mx_563 wrote:
I wonder how long Ozzy will stay at 22 Motorsports. It costs a lot of money to run a team and I don't think Reed hired...

I think Reed respects Dave quite a bit. He's done an awesome job for the Reed's and Team TwoTwo.
stillwelding
5/4/2012 11:42am
I'm pals with Ozzy, so I called him on this. He told me he was just busting Steve's balls, no more no less. He said there's nothing more to it than that. He likes Steve and was just having fun. From my experience being around at a West SX or two,
and I've been and seen plenty, TwoTwo is a well oiled machine. Is he nervous, no. High strung, yes. He's always been that way and I've known him for over 30yrs.
newmann
5/4/2012 12:01pm
I'm pals with Ozzy, so I called him on this. He told me he was just busting Steve's balls, no more no less. He said there's...
I'm pals with Ozzy, so I called him on this. He told me he was just busting Steve's balls, no more no less. He said there's nothing more to it than that. He likes Steve and was just having fun. From my experience being around at a West SX or two,
and I've been and seen plenty, TwoTwo is a well oiled machine. Is he nervous, no. High strung, yes. He's always been that way and I've known him for over 30yrs.
Heh!
We all know
he is high strung.
He can't even type
a full line
without going to
the next.
Laughing

He looks like a good fit with Reed's team and was there when he was needed pretty bad. Having someone with his team experience come in at the beginning obviously was a key part of getting them up and running in short order. When the L&M logos came off that other rig, things seemed to fall apart pretty quick. Disruption is a bad thing, having things gel is a good thing.
ocscottie
5/4/2012 12:11pm
Speaking of Chad, saw this on Woz's instagram:

500guy
5/4/2012 3:10pm
Ozzy is good people.

Twitter sucks
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2452nd
5/4/2012 3:15pm
Cool pic of the Dogger, he used to shred on that bike.
TheWeapon
Fantasy
68th
5/4/2012 3:19pm
Reed made a real smart decision going to Kawi too right?
Well said. People here sometimes seem to have selective memories. Reed on the Kawasaki is almost the same situation Stewart is in now. Doesn't seem to gel with the bike.

I'm not a big Stewart fan, but I hope he makes the right choice for him and gets back to battling for wins. The guy is copping so much shit from rubbish people lately.
Coyote
5/5/2012 8:47am
Reed made a real smart decision going to Kawi too right?
TheWeapon wrote:
Well said. People here sometimes seem to have selective memories. Reed on the Kawasaki is almost the same situation Stewart is in now. Doesn't seem to...
Well said. People here sometimes seem to have selective memories. Reed on the Kawasaki is almost the same situation Stewart is in now. Doesn't seem to gel with the bike.

I'm not a big Stewart fan, but I hope he makes the right choice for him and gets back to battling for wins. The guy is copping so much shit from rubbish people lately.
gotta surround youself with quality people no matter what you're doin and fukn listen to them!!!! would of like to have seen where Bubba WOULD of been right now had Oz or comparable person been under his wing!!
mojoman42
5/5/2012 8:57am
I think Reed is pretty loyal to the people who work for him. Especially Ozzy, apparently he started working based on a handshake agreement before they'd even written up a contract. I doubt he's going anywhere unless it's his own decision.

Post a reply to: Ozzy?

The Latest