Overall Gnarliest guy on a dirt bike

11/25/2019 11:45am Edited Date/Time 11/25/2019 11:45am
David knight is unbelievable.
Jorge Prado.
Bultaco
11/25/2019 12:39pm
All of these “Most.....on a dirt bike” lists are cool, but tend to focus on a few elite riders. I think the Decoster’s, Stewarts, Robert’s and Sipes all deserve the kudos but remember this is what they are good enough to be paid to do.

Personally I think the gnarliest, most motivated, most dedicated person on a dirt bike is the guy/gal you’ve never heard of. The one that is working 40+ a week, whose spouse and perhaps kids take a back seat a few times a month, who is out running around the block at night after work/supper/bedtimes. The one that is making payments on a dirt bike, and scraping together gas and entry fee money to show up and run mid pack at chicken licks raceway.

The elite folks are magically good. And have lots of help getting to, before, during and after the races. In my humble opinion, the “MOST......” guy on any of these fantasy lists is You, and me and Rupert X and the no name guy on your minute or next to you at the gate.

gerg
11/25/2019 12:53pm
IMO Pastrana without a doubt.
11/25/2019 1:27pm
Kanista wrote:
How can cyril depres not be mentioned here? Alien speed on a dirtscooter through unknown terrain and x-trem enduro podium threat in his offseason..
Bearuno wrote:
And there's Stephane Peterhansel - Outright winner of the ISDT/ ISDE, a few Enduro WCs, early Supermoto victories, a few big Beach races, I think, too...
And there's Stephane Peterhansel - Outright winner of the ISDT/ ISDE, a few Enduro WCs, early Supermoto victories, a few big Beach races, I think, too.

6 x winner on Bikes in the Dakar, 7 times winner in Cars at the Dakar.
yep he is the man.....even Wattsy called him God!

The Shop

11/25/2019 1:38pm Edited Date/Time 11/25/2019 1:43pm
I can't come to mind with absolute gnarliest right now, but what Toby Price did this year at Dakar on a fractured scaphoid is definitely the type of stuff that makes my grade for the term.
LungButter
11/25/2019 5:10pm
I can't come to mind with absolute gnarliest right now, but what Toby Price did this year at Dakar on a fractured scaphoid is definitely the...
I can't come to mind with absolute gnarliest right now, but what Toby Price did this year at Dakar on a fractured scaphoid is definitely the type of stuff that makes my grade for the term.
It was definitely one of the most incredible things I've seen on a bike!

At the time I woulda guessed his wrist was ruined and he'd be done on bikes but that SOB made a come back.

Toby Price is a MAN amongst boys on the toughness scale.
ama530
11/25/2019 5:13pm
The title is the gnarliest on a dirtbike. Not the gnarliest mxer. I want to see any of the above mentioned mxers follow Graham Jarvis through Carl's Dinner. Even Ryan Sipes who I think is the best all-around dirt bike rider in the US right now gave credit where credit was due when he tried Erzberg.
ama530
11/25/2019 5:20pm

Jarvis at home in Carl's Dinner.
LungButter
11/25/2019 5:33pm
ama530 wrote:
The title is the gnarliest on a dirtbike. Not the gnarliest mxer. I want to see any of the above mentioned mxers follow Graham Jarvis through...
The title is the gnarliest on a dirtbike. Not the gnarliest mxer. I want to see any of the above mentioned mxers follow Graham Jarvis through Carl's Dinner. Even Ryan Sipes who I think is the best all-around dirt bike rider in the US right now gave credit where credit was due when he tried Erzberg.
Then my vote of Manni Lettenbichler is a no brainer as he beat Jarvis in a lot of extreme races this year and did damn respectable in the higher speed races as well...overall he smoked Jarvis this year, wasn't even close really.
hyler199
11/25/2019 6:43pm Edited Date/Time 11/25/2019 6:43pm
David Knight
Wild Wally Palmer (one of the best scenes in any recent Moto movie)
Ryan Sipes
Kailub Russel
Graham Jarvis
Malcolm Stewart
Jeffrey Herlings
Colton Haaker
Cody Webb
Zack Attak
ama530
11/25/2019 7:06pm
ama530 wrote:
The title is the gnarliest on a dirtbike. Not the gnarliest mxer. I want to see any of the above mentioned mxers follow Graham Jarvis through...
LungButter wrote:
Then my vote of Manni Lettenbichler is a no brainer as he beat Jarvis in a lot of extreme races this year and did damn respectable...
Then my vote of Manni Lettenbichler is a no brainer as he beat Jarvis in a lot of extreme races this year and did damn respectable in the higher speed races as well...overall he smoked Jarvis this year, wasn't even close really.
I agree with you there. This year he was the best in WESS. He is also 20 years younger than Jarvis. We'll see how he does in the next few years.
11/25/2019 7:26pm
FahQ wrote:
First to come to mind
Colton Haaker is a very gnarly dude
Sipes is a badass too
Spat24 wrote:
Your profile photo is pretty f-ing gnarly.
Pretty sure my brother Garth shot that pic.
gsxr6
11/25/2019 7:51pm
Alex814 wrote:
Andrew Short
I actually met him today, he was a pretty nice guy. Sounded like he’s done with off road
Wait whaaaaat. Didn't he just start winning them?
toroP
11/25/2019 8:34pm
CPR wrote:
Umm anyone remember this guy climbing back on and casually clearing the double after a crash that would destroy most mortals? [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/11/23/386550/s1200_IMG_0105.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/11/23/386551/s1200_IMG_0106.jpg[/img]
Umm anyone remember this guy climbing back on and casually clearing the double after a crash that would destroy most mortals?

One of the most badass moto moments.
Barrzy256
11/25/2019 9:00pm
ama530 wrote:
LungButter wrote:
Then my vote of Manni Lettenbichler is a no brainer as he beat Jarvis in a lot of extreme races this year and did damn respectable...
Jarvis is an old man. Let’s go back a few years
LungButter
11/25/2019 9:01pm
gsxr6 wrote:
I think he meant WORCS.

I don't see Shorty leaving Rally any time soon, he just won a major one and is just getting it figured out.

Seems like the WORCS thing didn't go as smooth as anyone expected. I think all parties thought he'd be more of a contender and he already spends a huge amount of time away from home for Rally so WORCS probably isn't really worth it.
kawboy627
11/25/2019 9:18pm
The thread title is “overall gnarliest on a dirt bike”, not “who is your favorite trail rider of all time” with that being said..
Stewart
Carmichael
Ryan sipes
Graham Jarvis
Pastrana
11/25/2019 9:35pm
Alex814 wrote:
Andrew Short
I actually met him today, he was a pretty nice guy. Sounded like he’s done with off road
gsxr6 wrote:
I think he meant worcs and what not. Said he will still be doing Dakar
11/25/2019 9:36pm
gsxr6 wrote:
LungButter wrote:
I think he meant WORCS. I don't see Shorty leaving Rally any time soon, he just won a major one and is just getting it figured...
I think he meant WORCS.

I don't see Shorty leaving Rally any time soon, he just won a major one and is just getting it figured out.

Seems like the WORCS thing didn't go as smooth as anyone expected. I think all parties thought he'd be more of a contender and he already spends a huge amount of time away from home for Rally so WORCS probably isn't really worth it.
You beat me to it. He was running 4th for about the first half of the race primm worcs race yesterday. He looked good
mxb2
11/25/2019 11:08pm
This being s mx forum, list the mx dudes. Not off road guys.
11/25/2019 11:37pm
mxb2 wrote:
"Overall gnarliest dude on a dirt bike"
mxb2
11/25/2019 11:43pm
mxb2 wrote:
"Overall gnarliest dude on a dirt bike"
Throw in ryan sipes then.
Arofin
11/25/2019 11:44pm
WCRider wrote:
RC and now, Herlings
Pretty gnarly JH racing in 2014 a gp with a broken femur...i guess no one will ever do that again
Moto331
11/26/2019 12:29am
Absolutely no question- TP. A champion in Mx and sx AND at one point was the best freestyle rider ever.
No one comes close
11/26/2019 5:07am
Mr. Sipes touches on this topic in the finale of "General Sipes" which comes out today.
toddh
11/26/2019 5:20am
Sipes won the ISDE, hillclimb, supercross, sprint enduro and a dirt track race this year alone.
LungButter
11/26/2019 5:41am
mxb2 wrote:
Just goes to show how bad ass off road guys are, sorry that hurts your feelers.

Us off roaders did always think moto babies were a little on the sensitive side, thanks for validating it Tongue
mxb2
11/26/2019 7:33am
mxb2 wrote:
LungButter wrote:
Just goes to show how bad ass off road guys are, sorry that hurts your feelers. Us off roaders did always think moto babies were a...

Us off roaders did always think moto babies were a little on the sensitive side, thanks for validating it Tongue
Doesnt hurt my feelings at all, there is a whole off road section on vital. The name of the website is Vitalmx.
11/26/2019 7:53am
mxb2 wrote:
LungButter wrote:
Just goes to show how bad ass off road guys are, sorry that hurts your feelers. Us off roaders did always think moto babies were a...

mxb2 wrote:
Doesnt hurt my feelings at all, there is a whole off road section on vital. The name of the website is Vitalmx.
Every once in a while, MX guys get to be considered as dirt bikers. Count this as one of those times.
LungButter
11/26/2019 9:50am
mxb2 wrote:
I guess OP should have made the title "Overall Gnarliest Moto Baby On A Dirt Bike" then because when you are talking overall gnarly, MX guys can't hold the jock strap of off roaders...this thread seems to validate that.

Post a reply to: Overall Gnarliest guy on a dirt bike

The Latest