Over it.

Related:
Create New Tag

2/4/2019 4:05 PM

Anyone else get the feeling that KR94 is just over it lately? Call me crazy but even in his interviews and stuff he just seems detached. I feel bad for the guy. I really think from his view, he is the fastest rider and he has had to sit back and watch his career get postponed by injuries. Two horrific arm injuries, one of them especially horrifying. Most riders would not come back from that. Then now that he is starting fresh again in 2019, his best friend gets paralyzed while riding with him? If you ask me, Roczen has the most mental strength of anyone out there. He is one of the last of a dying breed and it's sad to see what he has gone through. I just hope some luck starts going his way. He is a real dark horse in this championship.

|

2/4/2019 4:06 PM

I think he has a rash on his ass, that's all. After it clears up he will be fine.

|

2/4/2019 4:08 PM

I think that would be Barcia if anyone.

|

2/4/2019 4:14 PM

Isn't he tied for 2nd in points?

|

2001 RM125
2016 RMz450

2/4/2019 4:17 PM

JWRM wrote:

Isn't he tied for 2nd in points?

Yeah, I believe he is.

|

2/4/2019 4:21 PM

rp031x wrote:

Anyone else get the feeling that KR94 is just over it lately? Call me crazy but even in his interviews and stuff he just seems detached. I feel bad for the guy. I really think from his view, he is the fastest rider and he has had to sit back and watch his career get postponed by injuries. Two horrific arm injuries, one of them especially horrifying. Most riders would not come back from that. Then now that he is starting fresh again in 2019, his best friend gets paralyzed while riding with him? If you ask me, Roczen has the most mental strength of anyone out there. He is one of the last of a dying breed and it's sad to see what he has gone through. I just hope some luck starts going his way. He is a real dark horse in this championship.

Dude you're high.

|

2/4/2019 4:30 PM

Mellowed with age been dealt some harsh cards and has grown up. I'm also of the belief no matter what people here have to say that the"Dungey way" has had a huge impact on these guys. There have been a lot of catastrophic injuries in the last 5 to 10 years and the racing world at the top level is not that big.They all know each other wether they like each other or not just like at the local track no one wants to see anyone laid up permanently.For clarity the Dungey way is the marathon not the sprint.The goal to be the championship not any single race.TFMOTP mentality of perfect seasons and win every race at all costs is a thing of the past.Doesn't mean it won't happen again just not with this group.So to answer your question no he's just changed his focus.Imho.

|

2/4/2019 4:32 PM

its not a bad observation, I think theres probably something to it. Maybe not Kenny being "over it" per se, but all the injuries have to on some level make an impact on a person.

Biologically, some part of your brain has to be telling you to stop after its experienced stuff like that. This obviously is simply a comparison, but we all recognize PTSD as a legitimate condition, so who is to say that when someone experiences trauma like Ken has, that he might not be as motivated to continue doing that activity, especially when that activity is completely voluntary and not a human necessity.

Maybe im thinking too far into it, maybe i dont have a brain at all and this is just random nonsense, but I dont think its so wild of an idea that kenny doesnt have the same fire he did 3 years ago

|

2/4/2019 4:35 PM

Honestly I can see what OP is talking about. Maybe not quite "burned out", but definitely not the same Roczen we've all seen. My opinion, but I think he was probably going to retire younger, 30 or under. This all could take a few years off that maybe.

|

2/4/2019 4:37 PM

He trashed two arms in two years and then hurried back to race outdoors last year. That doesn't sound like somebody who is over it.

|

2/4/2019 4:38 PM

rmoto003 wrote:

its not a bad observation, I think theres probably something to it. Maybe not Kenny being "over it" per se, but all the injuries have to on some level make an impact on a person.

Biologically, some part of your brain has to be telling you to stop after its experienced stuff like that. This obviously is simply a comparison, but we all recognize PTSD as a legitimate condition, so who is to say that when someone experiences trauma like Ken has, that he might not be as motivated to continue doing that activity, especially when that activity is completely voluntary and not a human necessity.

Maybe im thinking too far into it, maybe i dont have a brain at all and this is just random nonsense, but I dont think its so wild of an idea that kenny doesnt have the same fire he did 3 years ago

I agree. I think he is still experiencing nerve pain on top of it. Remember him complaining about that outdoors? He was talking like it wasn't going away too. I don't know it's all speculation of course. But he is hardened for sure and has gone from superstar Ken to stoic Ken

|

2/4/2019 4:41 PM

RichieW13 wrote:

He trashed two arms in two years and then hurried back to race outdoors last year. That doesn't sound like somebody who is over it.

Let me clarify. I don't mean literally done with the sport. I just mean over the idea of it being fun. Things just seem like they have gotten to be a job now. Like I said he is more stoic and one of his big things was that you have to live life and race at the same time. I think he wants to win and I believe he thinks he has the most talent out there. I also think he is staring down the possibility that these two injuries may have changed him as a rider forever and his career is not going to go as planned. He looks pissed I guess. Maybe not over it.

|

2/4/2019 4:51 PM

RichieW13 wrote:

rp031x wrote:

Let me clarify. I don't mean literally done with the sport. I just mean over the idea of it being fun. Things just seem like they have gotten to be a job now. Like I said he is more stoic and one of his big things was that you have to live life and race at the same time. I think he wants to win and I believe he thinks he has the most talent out there. I also think he is staring down the possibility that these two injuries may have changed him as a rider forever and his career is not going to go as planned. He looks pissed I guess. Maybe not over it.

He was on top of the world in January, 2017. He had just won the outdoor nationals, he looked dominant at Monster Cup before crashing. He led every lap of both heat races and both main events at the first two rounds. He even led all 7 laps of the heat race at round 3. (59 out of 59 laps led to start 2017!). He was on top of the world. He could have a confident/cocky attitude at that point.

But after two injuries and a lot of humbling, I think he has a different perspective now. And, he's slogging it out with everybody. You can't have that kind of confidence when the race wins aren't as easy.

He's been in the mix at all the races this year. He probably wants to push as hard as he can without going out of control. At least early in the season. If he can do that for 10-12 rounds, then he'll be in position to fight for the championship down the stretch, which is so far ahead of where he's been the last 2 seasons.

|

2/4/2019 4:54 PM

Yes. Obviously no idea, but I have the exact same impression that you stated.

That being said, if he wins next week, then the world will be rainbows and butterflies. I think a lot of it is the win drought. Winning cures a lot of ills for these guys.

|

2/4/2019 4:58 PM

kage173 wrote:

Yes. Obviously no idea, but I have the exact same impression that you stated.

That being said, if he wins next week, then the world will be rainbows and butterflies. I think a lot of it is the win drought. Winning cures a lot of ills for these guys.

You have a point. Even so, something tells me even a win wouldn't change his demeanor. It's going to take a championship for Roczen. I think he is fully capable don't get me wrong. In fact, that is kind of my point. Roczen knows what he is capable of and is looking at the results of two career-threatening injuries rather than the championships he probably envisioned.

|

2/4/2019 6:23 PM

I think what youre seeing is a guy bummed for his friend. Maybe a little shocked at the injuries. Imagine your best friend getting paralyzed doing your job you do everyday. How would that not affect you?

|

2/4/2019 6:23 PM

RichieW13 wrote:

rp031x wrote:

You just described most of the pro class. Oh, wait...it's because it is their job.

I don't see Kenny as being over it. Frustrated with how the season has gone so far? Maybe. Over it? I don't see it.

|

2/4/2019 6:25 PM

He will likey win the championship...we will talk then.

|

sponsored by zip tie, JB weld and peanut butter and jelly

2/4/2019 6:45 PM

I don't see that at all. He always seems a little bummed on the podium when he hasn't won, I don't think that's a bad thing. Last night he was probably especially pissed that he threw the race away in the second corner and gave Tomac the win.

|

2/4/2019 6:47 PM

Drugs are bad.

Mmmmm'kay

|

I ripped a start from Egypt and I was happy about that.

2/4/2019 6:47 PM

Would you rather have his old whiney ass crybaby self?

|

THERE IS NO SECOND MOTO IN LIFE!

2/4/2019 6:54 PM

Who was his friend whom was injured ?

|

2/4/2019 6:55 PM

beamer wrote:

Who was his friend whom was injured ?

Brother in law. Blake Savage.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

2/4/2019 7:12 PM

His brother in law has to be weighing heavy on him plus being injured himself for two solid years. The guy almost lost an arm!

He’s got a monkey on his back and I can’t wait to see him finally win a race. If a guy ever cried after a win, that will be the time.

|

2/4/2019 8:30 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/4/2019 8:30 PM

Over it? No, to me it sounds like a professional athlete is frustrated that he hasn't gotten a win yet since his injury.

|

2/5/2019 8:57 AM

His mental game has taken a massive hit obviously, and it might take him some time to get back to where he was.

But Ken Roczen is not over it. Not by a long shot.

|

2/5/2019 9:19 AM

i've been surprised at the fact he hasn't won yet. he's been close a few times now.

my guess is when he finally gets that monkey off his back then he will start winning regularly again.

|

2/5/2019 9:30 AM

The only thing Kenny is over is not winning. Once he wins one, he will be more himself.

|

2/5/2019 11:23 AM

I think he gets tired of being reminded in every interview of what has happened in the last few years. Hes never going to forget it.

|

2/5/2019 11:35 AM

He has said a couple of times that his last two SX seasons have ended early and he doesn't want that to happen again. I expect that he will turn it up a little during the second half of the season.

|