Outrage on SX not being live on TV!

Edited Date/Time 12/30/2014 4:40pm
After looking at our TV guides, all Australian fans of SX will notice we do NOT have Supercross live on our screens this year. Does this make anyone else mad? It's not as bad as 10 years ago when it wasn't on TV until the Friday after the race over here, but this is 2015 (well almost)! We had it live last year (all except Daytona which wasn't on at all), but what the hell! Is there an Internet subscriprion we can use, doesn't bother me if I have to pay cause this is bullshit. Does anyone know why?
|
mmitoptech
12/26/2014 6:56pm
Found this in the press release for the TV schedule:

Monster Energy Supercross’ international television footprint, which reached over 100 countries in 2014, will be announced soon and will once again include live television in Australia, among others. All in, there has never been more live television, more viewers, or more global broadcast hours for Monster Energy Supercross.

rippaaa
12/26/2014 7:52pm
In canada there is 1 provider left that airs supercross and they dont know how long they will have it for but i switched anyways. Hopefully they can have it on for the season, but yea being outside of the USA Sucks now since SPEED was bought out
jemcee
12/26/2014 9:21pm
After looking at our TV guides, all Australian fans of SX will notice we do NOT have Supercross live on our screens this year. Does this...
After looking at our TV guides, all Australian fans of SX will notice we do NOT have Supercross live on our screens this year. Does this make anyone else mad? It's not as bad as 10 years ago when it wasn't on TV until the Friday after the race over here, but this is 2015 (well almost)! We had it live last year (all except Daytona which wasn't on at all), but what the hell! Is there an Internet subscriprion we can use, doesn't bother me if I have to pay cause this is bullshit. Does anyone know why?
man just drop in here on raceday it will all be alright our vital brothers always look after us
jeffro503
12/26/2014 9:43pm
Yeah dudes....if I find a stream for you I will put up links. Other guys in here do the same. Want everyone to watch it live. We aren't forgetting our Aussie brothers. Cool

The Shop

aaryn #234
Fantasy
2471st
12/26/2014 11:05pm
Yep we are not getting it to 6Pm on the Sunday which is total Bullshit, about 1-2 hours after it finishes live.

Nasty Email being sent Smile
JB479
12/26/2014 11:15pm
aaryn #234 wrote:
Yep we are not getting it to 6Pm on the Sunday which is total Bullshit, about 1-2 hours after it finishes live. Nasty Email being sent...
Yep we are not getting it to 6Pm on the Sunday which is total Bullshit, about 1-2 hours after it finishes live.

Nasty Email being sent Smile
Man that sucks, I always look forward to doing my moto's early sunday morning, then coming home at 12-1pm and watching it live,
it will be tough trying to stay off Facebook, so it doesn't get spoiled Sad
aaryn #234
Fantasy
2471st
12/27/2014 12:39am
JB, ill have no choice but to check out results and post them before seeing the race.

A double blow now as well, going to 41 degrees in South Aus on Saturday so chances of slipping out for even a early Sunday morning ride are not looking good, ill be stuck looking for a live stream or hoping my email helps change the people over at Foxtel / ESPN in Australia's minds about replaying some shit for the 1 millionth time and put the live SX on.

Especially when there are SIX Aussies lining up and every chance we could see 4-5 Aussies in the 450 main event.

Imagine 5 Aussies in the main event! 1/4 of the field from AUS!!!
12/27/2014 12:44am
aaryn #234 wrote:
JB, ill have no choice but to check out results and post them before seeing the race. A double blow now as well, going to 41...
JB, ill have no choice but to check out results and post them before seeing the race.

A double blow now as well, going to 41 degrees in South Aus on Saturday so chances of slipping out for even a early Sunday morning ride are not looking good, ill be stuck looking for a live stream or hoping my email helps change the people over at Foxtel / ESPN in Australia's minds about replaying some shit for the 1 millionth time and put the live SX on.

Especially when there are SIX Aussies lining up and every chance we could see 4-5 Aussies in the 450 main event.

We have 6 Aussies? I can only count 4 racing...

- Reed
- Moss
- Metcalfe
- Richardson

Byrne is only a test/fill in rider for 22 motorsports. Who's the other?
Craig93
Fantasy
18th
12/27/2014 1:36am
aaryn #234 wrote:
JB, ill have no choice but to check out results and post them before seeing the race. A double blow now as well, going to 41...

Shoot me the link for the email Az ill send one also. I love watching the timing and racing at the same time.
12/27/2014 1:46am
Yeah pretty fucked. I wanted to do a big lunch bbq for the boys watching the first round. Still going to do it but somebody will be drunk and yell out the results during the race.

Where did you find that press release?
Stoop
Fantasy
912th
12/27/2014 1:53am
aaryn #234 wrote:

We have 6 Aussies? I can only count 4 racing... - Reed - Moss - Metcalfe - Richardson Byrne is only a test/fill in rider for...

- Reed
- Moss
- Metcalfe
- Richardson

Reed
Metcalfe
Matt Moss
Jake Moss
Adam Monea
Jackson Richardson
12/27/2014 2:02am
aaryn #234 wrote:

We have 6 Aussies? I can only count 4 racing... - Reed - Moss - Metcalfe - Richardson Byrne is only a test/fill in rider for...

- Reed
- Moss
- Metcalfe
- Richardson

Stoop wrote:
Reed
Metcalfe
Matt Moss
Jake Moss
Adam Monea
Jackson Richardson
But only Reed, Metcalfe, M.Moss and Richardson have their names down on the pre-entry list?

http://racerxonline.com/2014/12/23/anaheim-1-pre-entry-list
wow123
12/27/2014 2:54am
Not a creek

Not a river

But a stream will do

As long as it works, and time wise doesnt clash with the locals using 'fart book' or 'slime' to show their last meal and newest turd.
SwapperMX
12/27/2014 3:08am
Not pumped after reading this thread. We have had it live now for a couple of years on pay tv. On delay will have to do. I hope what mmitoptech said is correct, and we will actually get it live.
luke99
12/27/2014 6:21am
Try living in the UK or Europe. I've never watched supercross live in good resolution once in my life.
The Rock
12/27/2014 9:20am Edited Date/Time 12/27/2014 9:21am
Has anyone tried sharing a live SX broadcast over Skype to a friend? Imagine the screen might flicker but the audio would make it. I would be up for sharing but I haven't had a TV in going on three years so most races I catch on my girlfriend's DVR or via streaming after the race since I do have high speed wi fi. Now if I could only keep from watching Live Wire so the results are fresh to me when I watch the race.....but that isn't likely to happen either.

On a related note I just read in the US the cable companies now provide more Internet connections than they provide TV service too. Bill Gates said five or six years ago the broadcast model we've used for ever days are numbered. In the future the majority of things will be on demand via the Internet.......and 99 percent reality shows.
aaryn #234
Fantasy
2471st
12/27/2014 3:18pm

- Reed
- Moss
- Metcalfe
- Richardson

Stoop wrote:
Reed
Metcalfe
Matt Moss
Jake Moss
Adam Monea
Jackson Richardson
But only Reed, Metcalfe, M.Moss and Richardson have their names down on the pre-entry list?

Monea and Jake Moss both flew out yesterday.

The NPS Monster Energy Kawasaki team from Australia is heading over, the whole team, riders, mechanics.

Both Moss brothers and Monea will only run the first Six rounds before returning to Aus for the MX Nationals.

Ill have a short article up on Fullnoise tomorrow

Monea will be running the #103 , not sure about Jake.

Richardson rocking the #57 in 2015.

I thought Richardson was running the East coast but looks like West, Hayden Mellross and Taylor Potter will both run the entire East Coast series in the 250 class.
12/27/2014 3:22pm
Stoop wrote:
Reed
Metcalfe
Matt Moss
Jake Moss
Adam Monea
Jackson Richardson

aaryn #234 wrote:
Monea and Jake Moss both flew out yesterday. The NPS Monster Energy Kawasaki team from Australia is heading over, the whole team, riders, mechanics. Both Moss...

The NPS Monster Energy Kawasaki team from Australia is heading over, the whole team, riders, mechanics.

Both Moss brothers and Monea will only run the first Six rounds before returning to Aus for the MX Nationals.

I thought Richardson was running the East coast but looks like West, Hayden Mellross and Taylor Potter will both run the entire East Coast series in the 250 class.
Wow! That's great to have so many Aussies in the field!
12/27/2014 3:22pm
luke99 wrote:
Try living in the UK or Europe. I've never watched supercross live in good resolution once in my life.
This. Allthought i am really thankfull to all the streamers out there making it possible for us to view it live afterall.
I am aware that it's a really small market, i mean who is gonna stay up untill 5 - 7 am to see the west coast main events ? I AM.
I wish there was an legit platform like MxGP has where we can just pay for HD broadcasts, yes i wouldn't mind paying for it.
motokiwi
Fantasy
269th
12/27/2014 3:38pm
In conclusion, if anyone in the USA wants to make some beer $$, please sort us Aussies / Kiwis etc out a private stream, most normal streams are pretty notchy for me, I would pay us$20 per round if I can guarantee a good quality stream that doesn't shit itself... I often get up at 4am NZ time to watch the racing anyway, paying $20 is nothing.

Someone PM me if they sort it, churr.
HenryA
12/27/2014 3:46pm
luke99 wrote:
This
JB479
12/27/2014 4:06pm
Stoop wrote:
Reed
Metcalfe
Matt Moss
Jake Moss
Adam Monea
Jackson Richardson

aaryn #234 wrote:
Monea and Jake Moss both flew out yesterday. The NPS Monster Energy Kawasaki team from Australia is heading over, the whole team, riders, mechanics. Both Moss...

I wonder how much support their getting from kawi? Its has too cost alot of money to send their whole team over... Its a big risk aswell. But the more aussies the better. Keen to see how Jatz does , he always seems to ride better overseas.
aaryn #234
Fantasy
2471st
12/27/2014 5:03pm

aaryn #234 wrote:

JB479 wrote:
I wonder how much support their getting from kawi? Its has too cost alot of money to send their whole team over... Its a big risk...
I wonder how much support their getting from kawi? Its has too cost alot of money to send their whole team over... Its a big risk aswell. But the more aussies the better. Keen to see how Jatz does , he always seems to ride better overseas.
The team like all teams in Australia is privately owned, even the Factory teams! Really the Factory teams in Aus are Factory supported teams.

Troy Carroll Motorsports runs the Kawasaki team in Australia, private sponsors will be fitting the bill for the U.S trip, It is more than just a trip to the U.S for SX, it is a training camp for the entire team with plenty of testing and training being done between the races in the U.S.

Looks like this will not be a one of type deal and you could quite possibly see the team over every year for the first Six rounds of SX and training for Aus series.

Jake and Monea will both be on their Australian spec bikes, the same with Matt Moss this year, the team have taken over their own race bikes to run with, I think he will do even better than he did last year to be honest. Familiar equipment can only help, especially compared to the near stock bike he was on last year in the U.S.
Whitey
12/27/2014 5:16pm
I wouldn't sweat on A1 not being live in Aus just yet. It may be on the channel where you can select what you want to watch

Just had a look to see what we are competing with, Live NFL Playoffs and Live NBA Heat v Rockets, yep we may not get it Live after all.
aaryn #234
Fantasy
2471st
12/27/2014 5:40pm
They could put it on after the Heat V Rockets game, skip all the pre race stuff skip a few commercials and be back in live timing by the time the main events start.

We have 360 likes on FB post so far, maybe if all 380 people ring up Foxtel at the same time on Monday morning all cancelling their accounts someone may change something Smile

Seriously thinking of cancelling my subscription, only have it for AMA SX, MotoGp and WSBK, considering I can purchase GP and WSBK stream packages along with MXGP live streaming it really is only the American Supercross I have it for!
jemcee
12/27/2014 9:08pm
aaryn #234 wrote:
They could put it on after the Heat V Rockets game, skip all the pre race stuff skip a few commercials and be back in live...
They could put it on after the Heat V Rockets game, skip all the pre race stuff skip a few commercials and be back in live timing by the time the main events start.

We have 360 likes on FB post so far, maybe if all 380 people ring up Foxtel at the same time on Monday morning all cancelling their accounts someone may change something Smile

Seriously thinking of cancelling my subscription, only have it for AMA SX, MotoGp and WSBK, considering I can purchase GP and WSBK stream packages along with MXGP live streaming it really is only the American Supercross I have it for!
man if that's the only reason you have it I'll tell you now I've never had pay and I haven't missed a live SX yet haha there's always a stream and more often than not it's good quality.. plus you don't have to sit through the same ESPN ads over and over and over and over
thorns
12/27/2014 10:00pm
aaryn #234 wrote:
They could put it on after the Heat V Rockets game, skip all the pre race stuff skip a few commercials and be back in live...

jemcee wrote:
man if that's the only reason you have it I'll tell you now I've never had pay and I haven't missed a live SX yet haha...
man if that's the only reason you have it I'll tell you now I've never had pay and I haven't missed a live SX yet haha there's always a stream and more often than not it's good quality.. plus you don't have to sit through the same ESPN ads over and over and over and over
Obviously want live coverage as well, I think here in nz we get the same coverage as Aussie on espn. In saying that, it's not the end of the world, easy enough as mentioned to find a live stream, or they are uploaded to youtube by Sunday evening anyway. Actually works well watching in the evening, means it can rid all day, have dinner, put kid to bed, the settle in to a evening if racing.
aaryn #234
Fantasy
2471st
12/27/2014 10:36pm
Nope not seeing A1 live is the end of the World, at least the modern world in 2015 Smile I want to see it live dam it .

And not on a stream, I pay for PayTV so I can watch this type of shit LIVE no on delay.
12/28/2014 2:22am
luke99 wrote:
^what he said
struth
12/28/2014 3:59am
Last year a week before A1 it was not listed to be on foxtel in Australia live.
Then a few days before A1 it was schedule to be on live in Australia.
It will be live

Post a reply to: Outrage on SX not being live on TV!

The Latest