Outdoor MX Streaming Options

GuyWithABike
Fantasy
2278th
What's the best way to stream Outdoor MX? I've been using Sling and a Roku for Supercross this year.
|
TXDirt
5/7/2018 7:47am
NBC Sports Gold App is the best way. I stream it LIVE and in HD and commercial free. I use an Amazon Fire TV Box. The motocross subscription is $54.99 for the whole season.

NBC Sports Gold Motocross Package
Moto_Geek
Fantasy
1666th
5/7/2018 8:08am
All signed up and ready to go.. I tried watching it with the split telecast 2nd moto, then 1st motos on MAV and it's just not fun to have to wait a day to watch the 1st motos. They just added the ability to CAST to your TV as well if your tv has that ability. I've been using Google Chrome Cast.
motoman0
Fantasy
1251st
5/7/2018 8:11am
TXDirt wrote:
NBC Sports Gold App is the best way. I stream it LIVE and in HD and commercial free. I use an Amazon Fire TV Box. The...
NBC Sports Gold App is the best way. I stream it LIVE and in HD and commercial free. I use an Amazon Fire TV Box. The motocross subscription is $54.99 for the whole season.

Is it moto only or do you get access to all the stuff on gold?
akillerwombat
5/7/2018 8:16am
TXDirt wrote:
NBC Sports Gold App is the best way. I stream it LIVE and in HD and commercial free. I use an Amazon Fire TV Box. The...

motoman0 wrote:
I only use it for Moto but I vaguely remember seeing a bunch more when I logged in.

The Shop

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
5/7/2018 8:25am
TXDirt wrote:

motoman0 wrote:
You'll only get access to moto if that's what you pay for. If you want access to the other sports you'll have to pay for those individually as well.

Don't think there's a Gold Package available that includes everything.
tylermx967
5/7/2018 8:51am
WE GET ALL OF THE RACES FORM THE TV PACKIGE WITH KERRY HARRIS SATELLITE SERVICE THEY ONE OF THE BIGEST TV DEELER IN ATHENS AREA AND GIVED US A SHIRT ONE TIME FOR ORDERING THE MOST PAPER VIEWS AND I GET A SUMMER JOB TO HELP KEERY THERE WITH THE DISHES
5/7/2018 10:11am
Moto_Geek wrote:
All signed up and ready to go.. I tried watching it with the split telecast 2nd moto, then 1st motos on MAV and it's just not...
All signed up and ready to go.. I tried watching it with the split telecast 2nd moto, then 1st motos on MAV and it's just not fun to have to wait a day to watch the 1st motos. They just added the ability to CAST to your TV as well if your tv has that ability. I've been using Google Chrome Cast.
Does the stream give you both motos in real time now?
Solidkm
5/7/2018 10:20am
And with the NBC sports app you can go back and rewatch the races whenever?
Moto_Geek
Fantasy
1666th
5/7/2018 10:24am Edited Date/Time 5/7/2018 10:26am
Moto_Geek wrote:
All signed up and ready to go.. I tried watching it with the split telecast 2nd moto, then 1st motos on MAV and it's just not...
Does the stream give you both motos in real time now?
Yes.. It's basically like being at the entire race day event from your couch.. Qualifiers, interviews with riders and pit bits as well that you don;t see on TV.
Moto_Geek
Fantasy
1666th
5/7/2018 10:28am
TXDirt wrote:

motoman0 wrote:
So the GOLD is the pay per view events subscription. So my understanding is this is only for Lucas Motocross series. But you can watch all the NBC Sports with your cable provider subscription. But not gold, it's extra. I've been rewatching 2017 already. They archive the previous races as well.
5/7/2018 10:46am
Moto_Geek wrote:
Yes.. It's basically like being at the entire race day event from your couch.. Qualifiers, interviews with riders and pit bits as well that you don;t...
Yes.. It's basically like being at the entire race day event from your couch.. Qualifiers, interviews with riders and pit bits as well that you don;t see on TV.
Wonder if they'll also broadcast the 125 races this summer.. would be awesome to see those along with some announcing even if it's a second string crew.
mx_phreek
Fantasy
210th
5/7/2018 10:57am
I use the nbc gold app and cast to chromecast. You get no breaks in coverage when they go to TV commercials the commentators pause for 5 seconds then continue during the break and when it due to come back they pause again and are straight back in to it. It's great. I've renewed
GD2
Fantasy
1081st
5/7/2018 10:57am Edited Date/Time 5/7/2018 10:58am
NBC Sports Gold, as others have posted, is your best streaming option.
keinz
5/7/2018 11:23am
To fans from Europe. Last year I payd for the NBC Gold package. Never saw one single race
5/7/2018 11:26am
Solidkm wrote:
And with the NBC sports app you can go back and rewatch the races whenever?
Yep, pretty much as soon as the races are over you can rewatch them at any point. Recently I've been rewatching the 2016 season.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
5/7/2018 12:05pm
Moto_Geek wrote:
Yes.. It's basically like being at the entire race day event from your couch.. Qualifiers, interviews with riders and pit bits as well that you don;t...
Wonder if they'll also broadcast the 125 races this summer.. would be awesome to see those along with some announcing even if it's a second string...
Wonder if they'll also broadcast the 125 races this summer.. would be awesome to see those along with some announcing even if it's a second string crew.
The 125 class only has one moto and unfortunately just like the previous years it won't be broadcasted/streamed. It takes place before the broadcast/stream starts for the Pro National.

It sucks because I love those things. Guaranteed the fences will be lined full of people. I hope it keeps growing and that it turns into something legit.

As long as we get some sort of video coverage of those races I'll be happy.

Vital Pit Bits too?
Solidkm
5/7/2018 8:32pm
How are you guys watching the nbc sports gold membership on your TV? Aside from HDMI’ing from my laptop. Doesn’t look like the Xbox one has a NBC sports gold app. Just has the regular sports app. Apparently, that doesn’t sync with the membership
agn5009
5/7/2018 8:43pm
Solidkm wrote:
How are you guys watching the nbc sports gold membership on your TV? Aside from HDMI’ing from my laptop. Doesn’t look like the Xbox one has...
How are you guys watching the nbc sports gold membership on your TV? Aside from HDMI’ing from my laptop. Doesn’t look like the Xbox one has a NBC sports gold app. Just has the regular sports app. Apparently, that doesn’t sync with the membership
Just get an Amazon fire stick or Roku. They're cheap and work great.
Solidkm
5/7/2018 9:04pm
Got the ROKU. I can see all the old races. But when I click on one, it just goes black and doesn’t actually play the race. Any advice?
Solidkm
5/7/2018 9:09pm
Solidkm wrote:
Got the ROKU. I can see all the old races. But when I click on one, it just goes black and doesn’t actually play the race...
Got the ROKU. I can see all the old races. But when I click on one, it just goes black and doesn’t actually play the race. Any advice?
Disregard. I got it fixed with an update
moto348
6/23/2018 2:40pm
Solidkm wrote:
Got the ROKU. I can see all the old races. But when I click on one, it just goes black and doesn’t actually play the race...
I'm a bit late to this but which Roku do you have? I was using Sling to watch the races but they don't have MAV for the first motos. I'm not an expert on the new types of streaming because I hardly watch any tv aside from mx/sx races but I'm assuming Roku just plugs into your tv & connects to your wifi?

If anyone has any suggestions for how to stream NBC Sports Gold through their Xbox One, that'd be greatly appreciated!
Zooki
6/23/2018 2:51pm
moto348 wrote:
I'm a bit late to this but which Roku do you have? I was using Sling to watch the races but they don't have MAV for...
I'm a bit late to this but which Roku do you have? I was using Sling to watch the races but they don't have MAV for the first motos. I'm not an expert on the new types of streaming because I hardly watch any tv aside from mx/sx races but I'm assuming Roku just plugs into your tv & connects to your wifi?

If anyone has any suggestions for how to stream NBC Sports Gold through their Xbox One, that'd be greatly appreciated!
Yes, the Roku plugs into your tv and connects to your wifi. It's easy to use, and both of the Roku models will work just fine for streaming NBC Sports Gold.

The more expensive Roku has better picture quality and some other fancy features.
https://www.roku.com/en-gb/products/compare#sku=3900EU&3810EU
moto348
6/23/2018 2:58pm Edited Date/Time 6/23/2018 3:01pm
Zooki wrote:
Yes, the Roku plugs into your tv and connects to your wifi. It's easy to use, and both of the Roku models will work just fine...
Yes, the Roku plugs into your tv and connects to your wifi. It's easy to use, and both of the Roku models will work just fine for streaming NBC Sports Gold.

The more expensive Roku has better picture quality and some other fancy features.
https://www.roku.com/en-gb/products/compare#sku=3900EU&3810EU
So would the Roku Streaming Stick+ get the job done? The one that's $54.99 https://www.roku.com/products/finder/player/hd-features/results
Solidkm
6/23/2018 6:31pm
I pay for the NBC GOLD subscription. Which I access through the roku. Watch the races on my tv. Works perfect. If you have an Apple TV or a tv where you can get the nbc gold app on it then you don’t need the roku. Also, you can access the nbc gold from your phone or iPad and watch the races when you’re not home. It’s really the nbc gold that saves the day, not the roku. I just use the roku to get nbc gold on my tv. Possibly the PS4 or Xbox have the nbc gold app and you can access it that way too

Post a reply to: Outdoor MX Streaming Options

The Latest