Our Team Lasted 12 Successful Years..2 Punkers & a Film Maker

Edited Date/Time 2/10/2013 10:47am
Its a trip to me when these teams end up folding like L&MC. Especially in the middle of a season. It just makes me think how badass MOTO XXX was. We pulled it off for a long time and had endless amounts of badass riders race for our team not to mention all the mechanics whom we employeed that have went on to have lots more success in the industry. Not bad for two punk rock drummers and a snowboard film maker. Folding was never an option, we always pulled it off no matter what and it was for sure difficult in the beginning. We spent a lot of money out of our own pockets, plus everything that MOTO XXX was bringing in...never had anyone wealthy involved backing us with millions. So ya, MOTO XXX...was the sickest punk rock MX team to ever hit the pits!!!
|
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2452nd
1/24/2013 7:44pm
So ya, MOTO XXX...was the baddest punk rock MX team to ever!!!

No doubt about it!
slipdog
1/24/2013 7:48pm
Slipdog misses Moto XXX!
Cook441
1/24/2013 7:57pm Edited Date/Time 1/24/2013 7:59pm
Pretty sure I saw Larry Ward (on a yamaha 250f wax James Stewart on a 125 in one moto riding one of your bikes.... am I right? How many teams can say that?
mattmatt300
1/24/2013 7:58pm
Love it! Someone that did it because they loved it and made it happen one way or another and didn't tuck tail and run when a sponsor bailed or shit didn't go as planned. That's moto.

The Shop

ML512
Fantasy
45th
1/24/2013 8:06pm
Alan Brown, dude is still running a team!
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2452nd
1/24/2013 8:15pm
Can you say Holeshot! MotoXXX still rocks in my mind!
Same here dude, 2 of my top ten favorite bands, I listen to them both nearly everyday while training.
1/24/2013 8:19pm
Of course that "Economy" word would pop up here. We were the little fish in the big sea 100% from outside the industry. Think we didnt have sponsor problems trying to collect promised monies? You better believe we did. I wont name names but, it went on and on. We still survived and its a feat that im way proud of!
bvm111
1/24/2013 8:21pm
BVM says.... bring back the triple X!!!
1/24/2013 8:23pm Edited Date/Time 1/24/2013 8:29pm
Cook441 wrote:
Pretty sure I saw Larry Ward (on a yamaha 250f wax James Stewart on a 125 in one moto riding one of your bikes.... am I...
Pretty sure I saw Larry Ward (on a yamaha 250f wax James Stewart on a 125 in one moto riding one of your bikes.... am I right? How many teams can say that?
This is correct..Larry did smoke Stewart on a 250F and won the over all giving a 125 national win to MOTO XXX. We got 1 national win, and 1 supercross win with Deegan...glad to see you recall this fact...it never gets old to me
Digger437
1/24/2013 8:25pm
I still have my Moto XXX gear vegas version with the lucky dice hanging in the closet! Great Team!
FlaNard
1/24/2013 8:29pm
Of course that "Economy" word would pop up here. We were the little fish in the big sea 100% from outside the industry. Think we didnt...
Of course that "Economy" word would pop up here. We were the little fish in the big sea 100% from outside the industry. Think we didnt have sponsor problems trying to collect promised monies? You better believe we did. I wont name names but, it went on and on. We still survived and its a feat that im way proud of!
And rightfully so. You guys ran one hell of a team.
Cook441
1/24/2013 8:38pm Edited Date/Time 1/24/2013 8:40pm
I knew it!! I'd say that your team may have been the first to have a racer beat James Stewart as a pro when he stayed up on two wheels...man talk about the twelth man Larry Ward was dangerous whenever he was racing on home soil...this race was one week after the Stewart pulled over for Reed battle...I remember just shaking my head in disbelief that your team with it's little box van smoked those guys in the semi's what a great race and memory!

pass is at 7 min pinned around the outside in the s turns and interview around 26min but check out the interview in the beginning of Reed and James..James was talking smack but noone was interviewing Big Bird! Smile

https://youtu.be/LcKzs_dYegU
1/24/2013 8:44pm
Man I remember when you guys had Wey, Wardy, and Lewis on the team and you guys weren't even running the same manufacturer of bikes! But man you guys were hauling in '02. Congrats on the effort you made. You guys came a really long way.
fader418
1/24/2013 9:49pm
What's funny is I know Matthes or GuyB has to know why there is no LB/MC team anymore. I know, and I am a nobody... And NOBODY has even mentioned it...
Mikexxx
1/24/2013 10:01pm
What caused the end of MotoXXX?
I'll take a guess...a down economy and the Japanese pulling funding to everything and everyone. I thought Honda pulled the plug on support but I coudl be wrong.
Mikexxx
1/24/2013 10:02pm
fader418 wrote:
What's funny is I know Matthes or GuyB has to know why there is no LB/MC team anymore. I know, and I am a nobody... And...
What's funny is I know Matthes or GuyB has to know why there is no LB/MC team anymore. I know, and I am a nobody... And NOBODY has even mentioned it...
You would think the largest MC shop in California could pay their bills.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
1/24/2013 11:13pm Edited Date/Time 1/24/2013 11:14pm
fader418 wrote:
What's funny is I know Matthes or GuyB has to know why there is no LB/MC team anymore. I know, and I am a nobody... And...
I know? I have no idea. I do know Jeremy told me a while back that he funded a chunk of it out of his own pocket last year, and set a spending cap on it. He reached that, but fortunately Chaparral came in at the right time, or it would have ended then.

Just for giggles, I'll take a shot at what I think is going on, and this is all 100 percent pure speculation on my part.

Honda likes Short, and also likes working with teams that have a solid financial footing. GEICO Honda just had their wildly popular 450 guy go into a surprise retirement last week. That leaves them with a void. The rest shouldn't be too hard to figure out.

Remember, this is all speculation on my part.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
1/24/2013 11:15pm
Mikexxx wrote:
You would think the largest MC shop in California could pay their bills.
I'd also think that it's always easier when you're spending someone else's money.
maxc811
1/25/2013 3:37am
i wonder what moto xxx spent for a year racing ..vs what it costs to run a team for a year now...,,that would show how out of control this sport has become.....moto xxx was a great team in a great time ,,thanks for the memories moto xxx
flyinb501
Fantasy
338th
1/25/2013 7:27am
Not to mention the first Moto XXX video had the best soundtrack ever, and still kicks ass today!
jeffro503
1/25/2013 7:30am
Moto XXX Rocked! Loved that team.....and it would be a great day if it ever returned! I used to run the Moto XXX graphics for a while.....they were the sickest looking stuff in the pits! Thanks OG for all those hard years of work......you guys are missed in this sport.
jeffro503
1/25/2013 7:36am
fader418 wrote:
GuyB wrote:
I know? I have no idea. I do know Jeremy told me a while back that he funded a chunk of it out of his own...
I know? I have no idea. I do know Jeremy told me a while back that he funded a chunk of it out of his own pocket last year, and set a spending cap on it. He reached that, but fortunately Chaparral came in at the right time, or it would have ended then.

Just for giggles, I'll take a shot at what I think is going on, and this is all 100 percent pure speculation on my part.

Honda likes Short, and also likes working with teams that have a solid financial footing. GEICO Honda just had their wildly popular 450 guy go into a surprise retirement last week. That leaves them with a void. The rest shouldn't be too hard to figure out.

Remember, this is all speculation on my part.
I like your "speculation" Steve.....and I really hope that it pans out the way you "hope" it does..Would love to see Andrew on a solid fill in ride on team Geico.
three9zero
1/25/2013 7:58am
Really miss your team on the track Jordan(s). Every time Strung out and NOFX come through Calgary all my 30 to 40 something moto buddies show up at the show and have a blast..... I've seen dozens of your shows and bought lots of CD's, t-shits and vidz over the years....."Suburban Teenage Wasteland Blues" is my fav album of yours BTW.
seth505
Fantasy
1092nd
1/25/2013 8:50am
maxc811 wrote:
i wonder what moto xxx spent for a year racing ..vs what it costs to run a team for a year now...,,that would show how out...
i wonder what moto xxx spent for a year racing ..vs what it costs to run a team for a year now...,,that would show how out of control this sport has become.....moto xxx was a great team in a great time ,,thanks for the memories moto xxx
Hell ya, x2
1/25/2013 6:50pm
Cook441 wrote:
I knew it!! I'd say that your team may have been the first to have a racer beat James Stewart as a pro when he stayed...
I knew it!! I'd say that your team may have been the first to have a racer beat James Stewart as a pro when he stayed up on two wheels...man talk about the twelth man Larry Ward was dangerous whenever he was racing on home soil...this race was one week after the Stewart pulled over for Reed battle...I remember just shaking my head in disbelief that your team with it's little box van smoked those guys in the semi's what a great race and memory!

pass is at 7 min pinned around the outside in the s turns and interview around 26min but check out the interview in the beginning of Reed and James..James was talking smack but noone was interviewing Big Bird! Smile

https://youtu.be/LcKzs_dYegU
Watching this video again stoked me out so hard...seeing LW10 smoking Stewart and everyone else in that 1st moto on a MOTO XXX 250F. Ya, LW not only won a national overall MX for us, but he had MOTO XXX on the podium a few times too. What a legend! Funny that Branden Jesseman would later ride for MOTO XXX. Thanks for posting this Cook441

Too everyone else, thanks for the support! Stoked that there are still a lot of old school MOTO XXX fans out there, as well as fans of mine and Erik's bands. It pumps me up knowing that there are still a lot of people out there that recall all the cool things about our MOTO XXX team & company...i still love MOTO XXX and everything we did and accomplished

www.facebook.com/motoxxx

Post a reply to: Our Team Lasted 12 Successful Years..2 Punkers & a Film Maker

The Latest