Our Sport Is Dangerous, No Shit!

Bressler11
Edited Date/Time 3/24/2015 4:09am
If you have a problem with the way our sport is being run, go play soccer... I just qualified for the North East Loretta Lynn Regional today in open C and I am trying to keep my head straight. All I see is death this crash that. I have had two of my close friends pass away from the sport as well. And I got out of the sport for awhile but I am back in and feeling good. When I throw a leg over a bike I know it could be the last time. I have excepted that.

These Below are my opinions and mine alone everyone is different don't take it to heart

1 I Buy good helmets (Arai) everything else is junk
2. I wear Good Boots (fox instinct)
3. I don't wear a neck brace they cause upper back injuries
4.I don't wear Knee braces they cause knee injuries

RIP Wyatt Bardo, And Buckshot!
|
logan_140
3/22/2015 9:03pm
Bressler11 wrote:
If you have a problem with the way our sport is being run, go play soccer... I just qualified for the North East Loretta Lynn Regional...
If you have a problem with the way our sport is being run, go play soccer... I just qualified for the North East Loretta Lynn Regional today in open C and I am trying to keep my head straight. All I see is death this crash that. I have had two of my close friends pass away from the sport as well. And I got out of the sport for awhile but I am back in and feeling good. When I throw a leg over a bike I know it could be the last time. I have excepted that.

These Below are my opinions and mine alone everyone is different don't take it to heart

A helmet isn't going to save a life when you go from 60 mph to 0 mph and hit your head. Sorry. I'm getting a new bell Moto 9 flex when they come out but no helmet is going to protect you from everything. Knee braces are designed to break your femur (I believe) instead of tearing an acl. Neck braces are designed to break a collar bone instead of your neck.
kongols
3/22/2015 9:31pm
logan_140 wrote:
A helmet isn't going to save a life when you go from 60 mph to 0 mph and hit your head. Sorry. I'm getting a new...
A helmet isn't going to save a life when you go from 60 mph to 0 mph and hit your head. Sorry. I'm getting a new bell Moto 9 flex when they come out but no helmet is going to protect you from everything. Knee braces are designed to break your femur (I believe) instead of tearing an acl. Neck braces are designed to break a collar bone instead of your neck.
Wow...
Dx3moto
3/22/2015 9:36pm
Helmets help, to an extent. Buying the best equipment available is definitely worth it, though.
logan_140
3/22/2015 9:40pm
Dx3moto wrote:
Helmets help, to an extent. Buying the best equipment available is definitely worth it, though.
I never said to go out And buy a cheap helmet or gear.. I'm just saying no helmet is going to protect you from anything no matter what.stuff in your brain moves around when you hit the ground. That's not gonna stop. I wear a shoei right now but getting the Moto 9 flex when it comes out was between that or a 6d

The Shop

bvm111
3/22/2015 11:34pm
Bressler11 wrote:
If you have a problem with the way our sport is being run, go play soccer... I just qualified for the North East Loretta Lynn Regional...

logan_140 wrote:
A helmet isn't going to save a life when you go from 60 mph to 0 mph and hit your head. Sorry. I'm getting a new...
oh boy!!!!!
KMC440
3/22/2015 11:44pm
My best safety gear is my right wrist. Tells me without fail I'm exceeding my ability.
3/22/2015 11:46pm Edited Date/Time 3/22/2015 11:54pm
Bressler11 wrote:

You really should take a few deep breathes and take a look at life.

Motocross isn't the only thing in life. And it's not WORTH YOUR LIFE.

Go sit down and discuss what the meaning of life is with your best friend. Then discuss what the meaning is with your mother. Then discuss it with your father. Then discuss it with your grandfather (if you're lucky enough to).

Now take into consideration that none of them would go as far to say that throwing a leg over a motorcycle is WORTH YOUR LIFE and realize nobody is upset about how the sport is run, they are upset about people losing their lives and life altering injuries like paralysis. So it is natural to question conflict to make change. Conflict being the deaths......changes being anything to make the sport safer.

And, I had no idea regionals started already. And Bressler in the results section on Mx sports comes up with '0' results. Althought, that might change in the next three days. Are you just trolling?
Zracer
3/23/2015 1:08am
Bressler11 wrote:

You really should take a few deep breathes and take a look at life. Motocross isn't the only thing in life. And it's not WORTH YOUR...

Go sit down and discuss what the meaning of life is with your best friend. Then discuss what the meaning is with your mother. Then discuss it with your father. Then discuss it with your grandfather (if you're lucky enough to).

Now take into consideration that none of them would go as far to say that throwing a leg over a motorcycle is WORTH YOUR LIFE and realize nobody is upset about how the sport is run, they are upset about people losing their lives and life altering injuries like paralysis. So it is natural to question conflict to make change. Conflict being the deaths......changes being anything to make the sport safer.

And, I had no idea regionals started already. And Bressler in the results section on Mx sports comes up with '0' results. Althought, that might change in the next three days. Are you just trolling?
I disagree Georgie. Maybe MX is worth this guys life. Let Darwin have his day.
Bressler11
3/23/2015 3:27am
Bressler11 wrote:

You really should take a few deep breathes and take a look at life. Motocross isn't the only thing in life. And it's not WORTH YOUR...

No Georgie I qualified for the regional yesterday at Doublingap to be exact, no I'm not trolling, look up trackside it has lap times on there and finishes
JB 19
3/23/2015 3:34am Edited Date/Time 3/23/2015 3:40am
Maybe some day some of you tough guys will have a family and little kids who look up to you and depend on you and a wife who depends on you and trusts the situations you put her babies in and then maybe you will understand what all the discussion is about.

Not all of us are still 19 years old and bullet proof.

....and by the way, one of my best friends was killed racing back in 96 so I know first hand what it feels like when it happens close to you. I remember his mom and dad at the funeral. I remember thinking that I'll never ride at his house again, not because he moved away, but because he is no longer alive.
ATKpilot99
3/23/2015 3:44am
Tell Windham to go play soccer C class champ .
JB 19
3/23/2015 3:44am
Me and my 5 year son got into rc cars last year and I'm not going to lie, it's kind of nice to go to the track and know that the most dangerous thing that could happen is tripping on the stairs to the drivers stand.
JD35
3/23/2015 3:53am
C class regional qualifier... I'm not really familiar with the us amateur system...but speak up when you know what you're talking about. Cheers.
Crush
3/23/2015 4:38am Edited Date/Time 3/23/2015 4:39am
Although definitely more advanced than they're/their/there, as part of the sometimes friendly vital english mod squad I feel you should read this link. Except of course, if you just don't give a shit.

http://www.elearnenglishlanguage.com/blog/english-mistakes/accept-vs-ex…

Also look up effect and affect, just because they're fun.
wardy
3/23/2015 4:57am
boy does this thread hit the nail on the head.

BD233
3/23/2015 5:00am Edited Date/Time 3/23/2015 5:01am
The OP's minset is the problem with the sport. Hopefully those with age and experience will win out and we can get it going in a more safe direction....and I'm not talking gear...I'm talking the sport as a whole.
Dangerous or deadly? Two different things.....
Markee
Fantasy
1941st
3/23/2015 5:07am
So dude qualifies at a LL regional open C, feels completely in control and self justified in his opinion due to open C results and post a thread on vital telling y'all whats the real deal is, with a list I might remind you. Better listen up greatness is at hand.
Bressler11
3/23/2015 5:13am
Markee wrote:
So dude qualifies at a LL regional open C, feels completely in control and self justified in his opinion due to open C results and post...
So dude qualifies at a LL regional open C, feels completely in control and self justified in his opinion due to open C results and post a thread on vital telling y'all whats the real deal is, with a list I might remind you. Better listen up greatness is at hand.
Thanks Markee..., Were you at E City back in early Febuary?
Bressler11
3/23/2015 5:14am
BD233 wrote:
The OP's minset is the problem with the sport. Hopefully those with age and experience will win out and we can get it going in a...
The OP's minset is the problem with the sport. Hopefully those with age and experience will win out and we can get it going in a more safe direction....and I'm not talking gear...I'm talking the sport as a whole.
Dangerous or deadly? Two different things.....
Bd233 Define age and experience please...
Markee
Fantasy
1941st
3/23/2015 5:23am
Markee wrote:
So dude qualifies at a LL regional open C, feels completely in control and self justified in his opinion due to open C results and post...
Bressler11 wrote:
Thanks Markee..., Were you at E City back in early Febuary?
Yes. You make the trip from PA to ride EC??
PastranaWho
3/23/2015 5:28am Edited Date/Time 3/23/2015 5:36am
Bressler11 wrote:

The C rider has spoken, sounds like he's over excited he just qualified for lorettas. Take a break bro nobody gives a fuck.
3D
3/23/2015 5:36am
I just found out that I know nothing at 38.
wanglimp
3/23/2015 5:59am
3D wrote:
Is your name John Snow?
TriRacer27
Fantasy
44th
3/23/2015 6:15am
Markee wrote:
Nail on the head.
3D
3/23/2015 6:21am
3D wrote:
wanglimp wrote:
Is your name John Snow?
Nope.
Brapp
3/23/2015 6:26am
Bressler11 wrote:

You just can't argue with science!
PalerBlue
3/23/2015 6:35am
Bressler11 wrote:

Are you a victim of multiple concussions already? or just a comedian?

I got a few laughs from your post either way.

Good luck. LaughingLaughingLaughing
PEPE001
3/23/2015 6:36am
Bressler11 wrote:

And our earth is a disk!

Post a reply to: Our Sport Is Dangerous, No Shit!

The Latest