Oscar Wirdeman leaving roczen

Shawn_94
Edited Date/Time 9/15/2019 10:31pm
So what is Oscars new job at Kawi now that he left Roczen?

And who is roczens new mechanic
|
Red Crawford
9/9/2019 2:22pm
This slipped out on Vital last week and Matthes summarily shut it down.
MxKing809
Fantasy
315th
9/9/2019 2:23pm
By shut it down, you mean confirmed it? Steve’s Instagram story said he’s going to Kawi for less travel and closer to home.
SteezGeez
Fantasy
476th
9/9/2019 2:25pm
Honestly don't blame him if he lives in OC or North SD. Kawi is a much shorter commute. My company has an OC office and a Torrance office near Honda and anytime I go to Torrance I dread it like hell.
Red Crawford
9/9/2019 2:28pm
MxKing809 wrote:
By shut it down, you mean confirmed it? Steve’s Instagram story said he’s going to Kawi for less travel and closer to home.
Different instance. Blair, I believe said something along the lines of "so, what's this I hear about Oscar?" Steve replied, "no man---", and they moved on.

The Shop

TeamGreen
9/9/2019 3:13pm
MxKing809 wrote:
Different instance. Blair, I believe said something along the lines of "so, what's this I hear about Oscar?" Steve replied, "no man---", and they moved on.

Ok, that's just funny.

I thought they talked about EVERYTHING that "No-one-else" talks about?

Laughing

(This comment posted for Jason Anderson)
colvin227
9/9/2019 3:15pm
Oscar posted a pic on his IG of his name on a kawi name tag
Red Crawford
9/9/2019 3:18pm
TeamGreen wrote:
Ok, that's just funny.

Laughing

🍻😄
kiwifan
9/9/2019 3:47pm
colvin227 wrote:
Yup, there is a french site saying ex mechanic for KR and officially new mechanic for Kawasaki

I thought Oscar and KR got on really well so interesting that Oscar has moved (presumably to Eli), perhaps he had an offer he couldn't refuse
colvin227
9/9/2019 3:56pm Edited Date/Time 9/9/2019 3:56pm
colvin227 wrote:
kiwifan wrote:
Yup, there is a french site saying ex mechanic for KR and officially new mechanic for Kawasaki I thought Oscar and KR got on really well...
Yup, there is a french site saying ex mechanic for KR and officially new mechanic for Kawasaki

I thought Oscar and KR got on really well so interesting that Oscar has moved (presumably to Eli), perhaps he had an offer he couldn't refuse
No I don’t think so, If anything he would work for AC. I don’t see Krantz and Eli splitting up after all the success they have shared and Krantz has been with Eli his whole pro career. Or Oscar got a backstop job with kawi like engine guy or something, guess we’ll find out. Definitely odd cause I though he was definitely “Kenny’s guy” so it was strange to see the switch.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
9/9/2019 5:06pm Edited Date/Time 9/9/2019 5:06pm
I believe Oscar will be the crew chief for AC. In that role, it means over 50 more days a year at home, rather than staying after races for build days, or flying in early. He was also traveling from the Carlsbad area to Torrance for work...which was a crazy amount of time on the road during the week. His commute will be considerably shorter now. With family at home, it makes a lot of sense for him.
9/9/2019 5:08pm Edited Date/Time 9/9/2019 5:09pm
colvin227 wrote:
kiwifan wrote:
Yup, there is a french site saying ex mechanic for KR and officially new mechanic for Kawasaki I thought Oscar and KR got on really well...

colvin227 wrote:
No I don’t think so, If anything he would work for AC. I don’t see Krantz and Eli splitting up after all the success they have...
No I don’t think so, If anything he would work for AC. I don’t see Krantz and Eli splitting up after all the success they have shared and Krantz has been with Eli his whole pro career. Or Oscar got a backstop job with kawi like engine guy or something, guess we’ll find out. Definitely odd cause I though he was definitely “Kenny’s guy” so it was strange to see the switch.
Pro MX fan boy tip: If you want to know wtf is going on in this sport; put Matthes' Twitter in your favorite places....

I hear that Jordon, Seely's mechanic this year, will move over to work for 94. https://t.co/VohzTHOGvY

— Steve Matthes (@pulpmx) September 6, 2019
TeamGreen
9/9/2019 5:14pm
TeamGreen wrote:
Ok, that's just funny.

Laughing

🍻😄
C130 rolling down the strip!

Airborne Ranger gonna take a little trip!

We gonna stand up, hook up, shuffle to the door!

We gonna jump right out, and then count to four!
kiwifan
9/9/2019 5:18pm
GuyB wrote:
I believe Oscar will be the crew chief for AC. In that role, it means over 50 more days a year at home, rather than staying...
I believe Oscar will be the crew chief for AC. In that role, it means over 50 more days a year at home, rather than staying after races for build days, or flying in early. He was also traveling from the Carlsbad area to Torrance for work...which was a crazy amount of time on the road during the week. His commute will be considerably shorter now. With family at home, it makes a lot of sense for him.
Ah makes sense, bummer for KR tho.
BS12
9/9/2019 5:29pm
Kenny and AC ride together a lot. There's every chance this move has been discussed for some time between all parties involved, and given the friendship between the pair (or all three of them), its not really that big of a deal.

My assumption would be that its been talked about between the 3 of them for some time, Kenny gets that Oscar is over the travel, understands that there's a "better" opportunity to work with good friend AC closer to home, so its a no brainer and not as big news as it sounds.
Wade221
9/9/2019 5:47pm
TeamGreen wrote:
C130 rolling down the strip! Airborne Ranger gonna take a little trip! We gonna stand up, hook up, shuffle to the door! We gonna jump right...

You’re all right, Team Green! 👍🏻
Hoks
9/9/2019 6:14pm
TeamGreen wrote:
C130 rolling down the strip! Airborne Ranger gonna take a little trip! We gonna stand up, hook up, shuffle to the door! We gonna jump right...

Put that on repeat for every run for years in the military and you’ll want to forget the parachute when you jump out lol
Wade221
9/9/2019 6:25pm
Hoks wrote:
Put that on repeat for every run for years in the military and you’ll want to forget the parachute when you jump out lol
By the end of the run, that C130 did about 8-10 passes over Division!
TeamGreen
9/9/2019 7:00pm
Hoks wrote:
Wade221 wrote:
By the end of the run, that C130 did about 8-10 passes over Division!
Why I posted that: I got to spend A LOT of time with various bad-asses from all the services...and ya get to know some of these guys and gals and how crazy they are by the things they "sorta" say &, more so, the things they don't say; also, by the things they tell ya with a VERY STRAIGHT FACE as ya leave the Green Zone...

So, I got the feeling "Red" might be one of those "Big Red One with a Parachute" type bad asses that sewed his Ranger tab on with white thread.

As such...the song came to mind.

Myself? I'm a PFC. Yup, Proud F'ing Civilian that got to spend his professional youth making good weapons systems (& weapons delivery systems) better. Much, much...much...better. Comm's, Data & Intel, too. Yup. I'm more 'Murica than a Wyoming rancher with a diesel pick-up. I love this shit and Red's sig-line spoke to me.
If that a makes me some kinda Digitial-Defense-Dork?
COOL!
Brent
9/9/2019 8:57pm
GuyB wrote:
I believe Oscar will be the crew chief for AC. In that role, it means over 50 more days a year at home, rather than staying...
Carlsbad to east Irvine during rush hour aint a picnic either...
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
9/9/2019 9:31pm
Brent wrote:
Carlsbad to east Irvine during rush hour aint a picnic either...
Nope...but it beats tripling that.
TeamGreen
9/9/2019 9:36pm
"East Irvine"
What the hell is that?
Tustin?
Lake Forest?
As a Sourh County kinda guy, I'm calling it:
Lake Forest.
Red Crawford
9/9/2019 9:55pm
TeamGreen wrote:
"East Irvine"
What the hell is that?
Tustin?
Lake Forest?
As a Sourh County kinda guy, I'm calling it:
Lake Forest.
You know, they grow up hard on the streets of Irvine! All those Tesla's and shit.... Lake Forrest tryna lean in on that street cred.
😆
oldblood
9/9/2019 10:44pm
The commute time reason, I'm not buying. Maybe time for a change? You are Ken Roczen's mechanic, you quit because you don't like the commute.
oldblood
9/9/2019 11:11pm
I quit! You can change your own damned piston and rings from now on! This commute sucks!

Yeah, I guess I could see that.
Adam89
9/10/2019 12:51am
Maybe ACs new mechanic seeing they know each other well and it looks like it might be less travelling for him?
9/10/2019 5:56am
To all of you who doubt his reasoning, try commuting from San Diego county to Torrance and let me know how that works out for you. I suppose if he was cashing in on the win bonuses that everyone predicted he would be 3 years ago, he could either fly back and forth to work or afford a home on the west side of LA, but it hasn’t exactly worked out that way. I don’t blame him a bit. He has a family that he wants to see occasionally, and is responsible to house in a safe environment
ML512
Fantasy
45th
9/10/2019 6:05am
oldblood wrote:
I quit! You can change your own damned piston and rings from now on! This commute sucks!

Yeah, I guess I could see that.
Ken’s long time mechanic before that quit the first year after they moved to RCH together so he could go back to KTM to be an engine guy. Better hours, more family time and way less travel.

In Oscar’s case, as GuyB stated, less hours away from home and a much shorter drive (we’re talking probably 2 hours less driving every single day). A bump up in position from mechanic to crew chief.

While working for one of the top guys has to be cool, it’s not everything in life, family definitely rates higher.

Post a reply to: Oscar Wirdeman leaving roczen

The Latest