Oscar Wirdeman leaving roczen

Related:
Create New Tag

9/9/2019 2:18 PM

So what is Oscars new job at Kawi now that he left Roczen?

And who is roczens new mechanic

|

9/9/2019 2:22 PM

This slipped out on Vital last week and Matthes summarily shut it down.

|

“Men, we are surrounded by the enemy. We have the greatest opportunity ever presented an army. We can attack in any direction.”
― General Anthony McAuliffe, 101st Airborne, while addressing troops at Bastogne during the Battle
of the Bulge.

9/9/2019 2:23 PM

Red Crawford wrote:

By shut it down, you mean confirmed it? Steve’s Instagram story said he’s going to Kawi for less travel and closer to home.

|

Washed up moto and enduro weekend warrior.

9/9/2019 2:25 PM

Honestly don't blame him if he lives in OC or North SD. Kawi is a much shorter commute. My company has an OC office and a Torrance office near Honda and anytime I go to Torrance I dread it like hell.

|

9/9/2019 2:28 PM

Red Crawford wrote:

MxKing809 wrote:

By shut it down, you mean confirmed it? Steve’s Instagram story said he’s going to Kawi for less travel and closer to home.

Different instance. Blair, I believe said something along the lines of "so, what's this I hear about Oscar?" Steve replied, "no man---", and they moved on.

|

“Men, we are surrounded by the enemy. We have the greatest opportunity ever presented an army. We can attack in any direction.”
― General Anthony McAuliffe, 101st Airborne, while addressing troops at Bastogne during the Battle
of the Bulge.

9/9/2019 3:13 PM

Red Crawford wrote:

MxKing809 wrote:

Red Crawford wrote:

Different instance. Blair, I believe said something along the lines of "so, what's this I hear about Oscar?" Steve replied, ...more

Ok, that's just funny.

I thought they talked about EVERYTHING that "No-one-else" talks about?

laughing

(This comment posted for Jason Anderson)

|

Nobody ever told me, I found out for myself. You've got to believe in foolish miracles. It's not how you play the game, it's if you win or lose. You can choose. Don't confuse. Win or lose. It's up to you!

9/9/2019 3:15 PM

Oscar posted a pic on his IG of his name on a kawi name tag

|

9/9/2019 3:18 PM

TeamGreen wrote:

Ok, that's just funny.

laughing

(This comment posted for ...more

🍻😄

|

of the Bulge.

9/9/2019 3:47 PM

colvin227 wrote:

Yup, there is a french site saying ex mechanic for KR and officially new mechanic for Kawasaki

I thought Oscar and KR got on really well so interesting that Oscar has moved (presumably to Eli), perhaps he had an offer he couldn't refuse

|

Current rides: 2020 CRF450RWE and 2019 TC300
Occasional ride for VMX: 1985 CR500RF
Adventure/Road bike: CRF1000L

9/9/2019 3:56 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/9/2019 3:56 PM

colvin227 wrote:

kiwifan wrote:

Yup, there is a french site saying ex mechanic for KR and officially new mechanic for Kawasaki

I thought Oscar and KR got on ...more

No I don’t think so, If anything he would work for AC. I don’t see Krantz and Eli splitting up after all the success they have shared and Krantz has been with Eli his whole pro career. Or Oscar got a backstop job with kawi like engine guy or something, guess we’ll find out. Definitely odd cause I though he was definitely “Kenny’s guy” so it was strange to see the switch.

|

9/9/2019 5:06 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/9/2019 5:06 PM

I believe Oscar will be the crew chief for AC. In that role, it means over 50 more days a year at home, rather than staying after races for build days, or flying in early. He was also traveling from the Carlsbad area to Torrance for work...which was a crazy amount of time on the road during the week. His commute will be considerably shorter now. With family at home, it makes a lot of sense for him.

|

9/9/2019 5:08 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/9/2019 5:09 PM

colvin227 wrote:

kiwifan wrote:

I thought Oscar and KR got on ...more

colvin227 wrote:

No I don’t think so, If anything he would work for AC. I don’t see Krantz and Eli splitting up after all the success they have ...more

Pro MX fan boy tip: If you want to know wtf is going on in this sport; put Matthes' Twitter in your favorite places....

I hear that Jordon, Seely's mechanic this year, will move over to work for 94. https://t.co/VohzTHOGvY

— Steve Matthes (@pulpmx) September 6, 2019
|

9/9/2019 5:14 PM

Red Crawford wrote:

Different instance. Blair, I believe said something along the lines of "so, what's this I hear about Oscar?" Steve replied, ...more

TeamGreen wrote:

Ok, that's just funny.

laughing

(This comment posted for ...more

Red Crawford wrote:

C130 rolling down the strip!

Airborne Ranger gonna take a little trip!

We gonna stand up, hook up, shuffle to the door!

We gonna jump right out, and then count to four!

|

Nobody ever told me, I found out for myself. You've got to believe in foolish miracles. It's not how you play the game, it's if you win or lose. You can choose. Don't confuse. Win or lose. It's up to you!

9/9/2019 5:18 PM

GuyB wrote:

I believe Oscar will be the crew chief for AC. In that role, it means over 50 more days a year at home, rather than staying ...more

Ah makes sense, bummer for KR tho.

|

Current rides: 2020 CRF450RWE and 2019 TC300
Occasional ride for VMX: 1985 CR500RF
Adventure/Road bike: CRF1000L

9/9/2019 5:29 PM

Kenny and AC ride together a lot. There's every chance this move has been discussed for some time between all parties involved, and given the friendship between the pair (or all three of them), its not really that big of a deal.

My assumption would be that its been talked about between the 3 of them for some time, Kenny gets that Oscar is over the travel, understands that there's a "better" opportunity to work with good friend AC closer to home, so its a no brainer and not as big news as it sounds.

|

9/9/2019 5:47 PM

TeamGreen wrote:

We ...more

You’re all right, Team Green! 👍🏻

|

9/9/2019 6:14 PM

TeamGreen wrote:

We ...more

Put that on repeat for every run for years in the military and you’ll want to forget the parachute when you jump out lol

|

9/9/2019 6:25 PM

Hoks wrote:

Put that on repeat for every run for years in the military and you’ll want to forget the parachute when you jump out lol

By the end of the run, that C130 did about 8-10 passes over Division!

|

9/9/2019 7:00 PM

TeamGreen wrote:

We ...more

Hoks wrote:

Wade221 wrote:

By the end of the run, that C130 did about 8-10 passes over Division!

Why I posted that: I got to spend A LOT of time with various bad-asses from all the services...and ya get to know some of these guys and gals and how crazy they are by the things they "sorta" say &, more so, the things they don't say; also, by the things they tell ya with a VERY STRAIGHT FACE as ya leave the Green Zone...

So, I got the feeling "Red" might be one of those "Big Red One with a Parachute" type bad asses that sewed his Ranger tab on with white thread.

As such...the song came to mind.

Myself? I'm a PFC. Yup, Proud F'ing Civilian that got to spend his professional youth making good weapons systems (& weapons delivery systems) better. Much, much...much...better. Comm's, Data & Intel, too. Yup. I'm more 'Murica than a Wyoming rancher with a diesel pick-up. I love this shit and Red's sig-line spoke to me.
If that a makes me some kinda Digitial-Defense-Dork?
COOL!

|

9/9/2019 8:57 PM

GuyB wrote:

I believe Oscar will be the crew chief for AC. In that role, it means over 50 more days a year at home, rather than staying ...more

Carlsbad to east Irvine during rush hour aint a picnic either...

|

9/9/2019 9:31 PM

Brent wrote:

Carlsbad to east Irvine during rush hour aint a picnic either...

Nope...but it beats tripling that.

|

9/9/2019 9:36 PM

"East Irvine"
What the hell is that?
Tustin?
Lake Forest?
As a Sourh County kinda guy, I'm calling it:
Lake Forest.

|

9/9/2019 9:55 PM

TeamGreen wrote:

"East Irvine"
What the hell is that?
Tustin?
Lake Forest?
As a Sourh County kinda guy, I'm calling it:
Lake Forest.

You know, they grow up hard on the streets of Irvine! All those Tesla's and shit.... Lake Forrest tryna lean in on that street cred.
😆

|

of the Bulge.

9/9/2019 9:57 PM

Is Ken done?

|

"If you are going through HELL, keep going."-Winston Churchill
"A man needs a little madness or else he never dares cut the rope and be free"-Zorba
Blur the technicolor

9/9/2019 10:28 PM

oldblood wrote:

Is Ken done?

Yep, done. Done signing a 3 year contract extension.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

9/9/2019 10:44 PM

The commute time reason, I'm not buying. Maybe time for a change? You are Ken Roczen's mechanic, you quit because you don't like the commute.

|

"A man needs a little madness or else he never dares cut the rope and be free"-Zorba
Blur the technicolor

9/9/2019 11:11 PM

I quit! You can change your own damned piston and rings from now on! This commute sucks!

Yeah, I guess I could see that.

|

Blur the technicolor

9/10/2019 12:51 AM

Maybe ACs new mechanic seeing they know each other well and it looks like it might be less travelling for him?

|

9/10/2019 4:34 AM

Oscar better watch kawis front brake

|

9/10/2019 5:56 AM

To all of you who doubt his reasoning, try commuting from San Diego county to Torrance and let me know how that works out for you. I suppose if he was cashing in on the win bonuses that everyone predicted he would be 3 years ago, he could either fly back and forth to work or afford a home on the west side of LA, but it hasn’t exactly worked out that way. I don’t blame him a bit. He has a family that he wants to see occasionally, and is responsible to house in a safe environment

|