Osborne v. Davalos

USMCMXer
Does anyone else find it weird that Marty D gets so much shit for staying in the 250 class so long, but Zacho gets a pass? ZO16 turned pro with a factory KTM ride a year BEFORE Dungey's first full season. Just some food for convo, as he leads the 250 points.
For the record, I am of the opinion that it's professional racing and these guys should have no issues racing whichever class they can be successful and make $$ in.
|
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2339th
7/1/2017 12:16pm
First off, I don't really think anyone should get crap talked to staying in one class or the other but in Zach's defense, he went to Europe for a few years to race and also I feel didn't have the same success as Marty until recently.

machine
7/1/2017 12:25pm
Same with the Martin boys age wise anyways. Really, Forkner and Plessy are the top up and comers and I'm sure they won't hang out there too long.
USMCMXer
7/1/2017 12:48pm
Maybe Alex, JMart raced his first Nationals at the end of 2012, six years after Osborne and Davalos. Still, both small dudes and fit well on 250s. JMart will move up next year, and likely would have this year, but last season ended pretty bad in a few areas (health, sponsor negotiations, etc).

The Shop

USMCMXer
7/1/2017 12:54pm
Crush wrote:
Europe bro.
I realize he went to Europe. He also won a GP in Turkey, got it. My question was how is his situation different than Marty D, who gets endless shit for staying in 250s?
Casting
7/1/2017 12:55pm
I do kind of wish after a certain number of seasons/points or championships riders would graduate out of the class.

I don't really buy into the idea that years on the MXGP should not be counted. Those years are experience nonetheless. I think 250 guys from either circuit should be able to switch to the other series and remain in the 250 class, but not for an extended period. With the current logic Zach could go back to Europe to compete against guys who just turned pro or are in their sophomore or junior seasons, which in my opinion does not seem fair.

For example, I imagine there would be back last if after all his MXGP2 titles Herlings came to the US to spend more than 1 year in the 250 class. Again, just my opinion. And I know Osborne is not Herlings, I'm just using him as an example.
visser62
7/1/2017 12:56pm
Most of the shit is for SX, not MX. Really, Zach's first full year in SX was 2013, whereas Marty has been doing it since 2006.
machine
7/1/2017 1:05pm Edited Date/Time 7/1/2017 1:07pm
USMCMXer wrote:
Maybe Alex, JMart raced his first Nationals at the end of 2012, six years after Osborne and Davalos. Still, both small dudes and fit well on...
Maybe Alex, JMart raced his first Nationals at the end of 2012, six years after Osborne and Davalos. Still, both small dudes and fit well on 250s. JMart will move up next year, and likely would have this year, but last season ended pretty bad in a few areas (health, sponsor negotiations, etc).
Yeah i just looked, Jeremy is 4 years younger than zach and Davalos is 2 years older than Zach
USMCMXer
7/1/2017 1:09pm Edited Date/Time 7/1/2017 1:18pm
visser62 wrote:
Most of the shit is for SX, not MX. Really, Zach's first full year in SX was 2013, whereas Marty has been doing it since 2006.
Sort of true, Davalos does indeed have more 250sx years, but Zach raced 2006-2008 seasons as well before going East to Europe. He did fairly poorly and left to find himself and some fitness, which he has definitely done with Aldon!
crusty_xx
Fantasy
154th
7/1/2017 1:41pm
Crush wrote:
Europe bro.
USMCMXer wrote:
I realize he went to Europe. He also won a GP in Turkey, got it. My question was how is his situation different than Marty D...
I realize he went to Europe. He also won a GP in Turkey, got it. My question was how is his situation different than Marty D, who gets endless shit for staying in 250s?
The problem is that people are influenced by social media and lose their own opinion... I would bet that if Matthess was to start talking shit about A Martin, people would join in on it and call him a sandbagger.
Or you might just say people are dumb. Not all but really many. Too many
tickleme20
7/1/2017 2:45pm
crusty_xx wrote:
The problem is that people are influenced by social media and lose their own opinion... I would bet that if Matthess was to start talking shit...
The problem is that people are influenced by social media and lose their own opinion... I would bet that if Matthess was to start talking shit about A Martin, people would join in on it and call him a sandbagger.
Or you might just say people are dumb. Not all but really many. Too many
Yes, this.
kkawboy14
7/1/2017 8:43pm
Crush wrote:
Europe bro.
USMCMXer wrote:
I realize he went to Europe. He also won a GP in Turkey, got it. My question was how is his situation different than Marty D...
It's the same!
toroP
7/1/2017 11:32pm
For perspective, ZO is older than Dungey.
snackfedbear
7/2/2017 2:01am
Why does everyone seem to think the 250 vs 450 pro classes can be spoke about like they're the same concept as B vs A ams. It's pro racing dudes...
IMO the only difference is motor displacement. It doesn't require more skill to ride a 450, just more speed to be competitive with the guys that already had to move up. Think about it... You don't see featherweight fighters being expected to be a heavyweight one day. It's just not as lucrative at the beginning of the show. Some dudes would honestly ride better on the smaller bore and shouldn't have been expected to move up after a c/ship. Plus, we would probably see a whole lot better racing If this was the case. Also, make the 250s a full SX season. Once again... totally my opinion
kkawboy14
7/2/2017 2:19am Edited Date/Time 7/2/2017 2:20am
Why does everyone seem to think the 250 vs 450 pro classes can be spoke about like they're the same concept as B vs A ams...
Why does everyone seem to think the 250 vs 450 pro classes can be spoke about like they're the same concept as B vs A ams. It's pro racing dudes...
IMO the only difference is motor displacement. It doesn't require more skill to ride a 450, just more speed to be competitive with the guys that already had to move up. Think about it... You don't see featherweight fighters being expected to be a heavyweight one day. It's just not as lucrative at the beginning of the show. Some dudes would honestly ride better on the smaller bore and shouldn't have been expected to move up after a c/ship. Plus, we would probably see a whole lot better racing If this was the case. Also, make the 250s a full SX season. Once again... totally my opinion
The industry considers and treats the 250s as a B Group
TXDirt
7/2/2017 4:56am
Anytime you start your second decade in the 250 class it might be time to move up.
IWreckALot
7/2/2017 5:02am
visser62 wrote:
USMCMXer wrote:
Sort of true, Davalos does indeed have more 250sx years, but Zach raced 2006-2008 seasons as well before going East to Europe. He did fairly poorly...
Sort of true, Davalos does indeed have more 250sx years, but Zach raced 2006-2008 seasons as well before going East to Europe. He did fairly poorly and left to find himself and some fitness, which he has definitely done with Aldon!
This is somewhat why I've given osbourne a pass on the 250 deal. Davalos for about 6 seasons had the ability to actually win (something osbourne hadn't shown until more recently). In fact, when it came time to point out, he mysteriously got mildly injured or sick and avoided pointing out but slim margins.
Crush
7/2/2017 6:24am
Crush wrote:
Europe bro.
USMCMXer wrote:
kkawboy14 wrote:
It's the same!
Any way you want to cut it, Marty has what 3 or 4 more years of SX experience on Zach... and that's including Zach's first few years of SX where he was awful... Marty podiumed his first year right? Zach won it this year and was reportedly trying to move up, seems like Husky is going Deano/JA and run the #1 on the East.

Otherwise, I have no problem with any pro riding the 250 NATIONAL title for as long as they want...

To me, Marty more gets shit because he podiumed since 2006 and hasn't got it done.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
7/2/2017 7:30am
Some of us have better things to do than talk smack on guys trying to make a living racing.
cbuehler767
7/2/2017 7:40am
Why does everyone seem to think the 250 vs 450 pro classes can be spoke about like they're the same concept as B vs A ams...
Yes. Its professional racing. Who cares about age, win by being the fastest not because so and so had to move out of the class. Why should a professional rider's career be cut short because of the engine displacement he prefers?

Post a reply to: Osborne v. Davalos

The Latest