Osborne to remain in 250 class???

hobohands91
Edited Date/Time 4/4/2018 6:18pm
On the Monday night pulp show JT alluded that Osborne will remain in the 250 class for nationals? Anyone got any intel or ideas about this?
|
3/27/2018 4:26pm
^ this is news to me. I was sure I saw he was 250sx 450mx this year. I understand Things change tho.
hobohands91
3/27/2018 4:30pm
^ this is news to me. I was sure I saw he was 250sx 450mx this year. I understand Things change tho.
Seemed like it was news to everyone on the show but JT, someone said “JT knows something we don’t”. Not an Osborne fan but was looking forward to him mixing it up outdoors.
Johnny Depp
3/28/2018 5:38pm
Milk that cow til it's dry. Husky already has Anderson so go get another Trophy!
3/28/2018 6:38pm
Milk that cow til it's dry. Husky already has Anderson so go get another Trophy!
But what about all the nitwits who called that "sandbagging" in reference to someone else we all know? (Not that that's what the "sandbagging" metaphor even means.)

The Shop

toroP
3/28/2018 7:21pm
But what about all the nitwits who called that "sandbagging" in reference to someone else we all know? (Not that that's what the "sandbagging" metaphor even...
But what about all the nitwits who called that "sandbagging" in reference to someone else we all know? (Not that that's what the "sandbagging" metaphor even means.)
They use “cherry picking” too. Equally incorrect.
tempura
3/28/2018 7:23pm
But what about all the nitwits who called that "sandbagging" in reference to someone else we all know? (Not that that's what the "sandbagging" metaphor even...
That's vitals "selective reasoning" syndrome..lol
OldYZRider1
3/28/2018 7:30pm
They ought to let him take his 250 into the 450 class. Set it up with the 450 class allowable mods and run it. Osborne certainly has the agressive riding to make a good show of it I think.
rhargrave431
3/28/2018 7:46pm
Honestly makes sense. Anderson rode outdoors very well the last few years. Winning SX this year just increases his confidence. Why not try to win both titles and make your brand look amazing if you are Husky?
Johnny Depp
3/28/2018 7:51pm
tempura wrote:
That's vitals "selective reasoning" syndrome..lol
That cow is already out of the barn. What are they going to do now, offend someone for staying in the 250's longer? Guys don't want to leave the 250's and become a small fish in a big pond.

I think I might have overused a few metaphors Unsure
3/28/2018 7:52pm Edited Date/Time 3/28/2018 7:53pm
Honestly makes sense. Anderson rode outdoors very well the last few years. Winning SX this year just increases his confidence. Why not try to win both...
Honestly makes sense. Anderson rode outdoors very well the last few years. Winning SX this year just increases his confidence. Why not try to win both titles and make your brand look amazing if you are Husky?
"Make your brand look amazing" REED Tho!
RandyS
3/28/2018 7:57pm
I don't think there's anything wrong with defending his title. If he ends up on a 250 indoors next year then that's a problem. Outdoors is a national class, no sandbagging there if he want's to stay for the remainder of his career. Lamson rode 125s after stepping up indoors, he's remembered as a 125 champion, but he's not in the same league as Doug Henry or any of the other 250 champions of the era.
3/28/2018 8:29pm
it would probably be a decision based on the assumption that PC would most likely dominate the series. they already have Anderson in 450s so they probably figure it’s best to keep him in 250s to both back up his title and to prevent anyone else from getting the title. i mean i know that’s obvious but i don’t see anyone else from husky winning the title. it makes sense to me
Sully
3/28/2018 8:48pm
RandyS wrote:
I don't think there's anything wrong with defending his title. If he ends up on a 250 indoors next year then that's a problem. Outdoors is...
I don't think there's anything wrong with defending his title. If he ends up on a 250 indoors next year then that's a problem. Outdoors is a national class, no sandbagging there if he want's to stay for the remainder of his career. Lamson rode 125s after stepping up indoors, he's remembered as a 125 champion, but he's not in the same league as Doug Henry or any of the other 250 champions of the era.
How can one be OK, but the other isn't when he's racing the same guys? Do Forkner and Sexton magically get older when the outdoors rolls around?
mxjon454
3/28/2018 9:10pm
Husky has a top guy in the 450 class already, why not run the number 1 plate outdoors in the 250 class. I kind of thought he was going to ride a 250 outdoors anyways. Great advertisement for Husky, especially if he can back it up and add one more number 1 plate. Hes going to have some stiff competition with the PC guys, Plessinger, and both Martins.
KirkChandler
Fantasy
278th
3/28/2018 9:34pm
For Husky, if Osborne moved up to 450 for outdoors, who is their 250 title or race winner threat?

Harrison? Mosiman? Jordan Bailey if he’s still moving up to pros? Maybe in a year or two those guys are up there, but they are unproven at this point.

450 class is handled with Anderson and Wilson.
TDeath21
3/28/2018 10:47pm
To be fair though, at his age, he has nothing to prove on that 250. He dominated last season. He’s on his way to the same this year in SX. But if that is what the team wants then that’s the way it is. Next year though, the 250 shouldn’t even be an option for him. And it won’t be. Unless he wants to go 450 indoors then 250 out.
Jeff alessi
3/28/2018 11:09pm Edited Date/Time 3/28/2018 11:11pm
At this point he would be a smart man to stay on the 250 and race for another title, his team has a top 450 guy he wouldn't be out there helping unless he was racing a 250. It's the right decision. I for one would be much happier seeing him face all the competition because it will bring out the better in him. He has to face the big boys eventually so why not wait till he has some more momentum.
Sully
3/28/2018 11:51pm
TDeath21 wrote:
To be fair though, at his age, he has nothing to prove on that 250. He dominated last season. He’s on his way to the same...
To be fair though, at his age, he has nothing to prove on that 250. He dominated last season. He’s on his way to the same this year in SX. But if that is what the team wants then that’s the way it is. Next year though, the 250 shouldn’t even be an option for him. And it won’t be. Unless he wants to go 450 indoors then 250 out.
The top three in the east are separated by 10 points right now. That's hardly "dominating."
TDeath21
3/29/2018 12:06am
TDeath21 wrote:
To be fair though, at his age, he has nothing to prove on that 250. He dominated last season. He’s on his way to the same...
Sully wrote:
The top three in the east are separated by 10 points right now. That's hardly "dominating."
True. Poor word choice on my end. He’s been by far the fastest guy is what I should have said.
Motofinne
3/29/2018 12:07am
This is such a big mistake from his part. He is one of the older guys in both classes, he doesn't have that much time left to try and make something happen in the 450 class.

This would've been the perfect time of moving up and getting his feel wet on the 450, then go for a top 3 finish in 2019.
tmauto769
Fantasy
1001st
3/29/2018 3:05am
Motofinne wrote:
This is such a big mistake from his part. He is one of the older guys in both classes, he doesn't have that much time left...
This is such a big mistake from his part. He is one of the older guys in both classes, he doesn't have that much time left to try and make something happen in the 450 class.

This would've been the perfect time of moving up and getting his feel wet on the 450, then go for a top 3 finish in 2019.
This is where I think the opposite, at his age, and as well as he has been doing in the 250's I think he should try to win a 250 outdoor title to maximize his earnings, as I really don't think he will win a 450 title. But who knows. I guess that is why he has more important people than us making those decisions for him.
3/29/2018 3:48am
His team (Husqvarna) is the one that will make this decision for him. If it was my team I’d make it worth his while $$$ to run the number 1 plate and defend his title.
MX-LIFE.
3/29/2018 3:55am
I just hope Folkner parks Osborne at the next round,this SX season is boring ASF and the 250 class just seems to be where the exciting racing is taking place! 250 class again wow these guys are getting paid well in that class I guess.
Motofinne
3/29/2018 4:29am Edited Date/Time 3/29/2018 4:40am
Funny how a guy like Davalos(that haven't won anything) gets hammered by staying in the 250 class.

I'm one of those who think the 250 class should be open to everyone and there should be one 250 class that races 17 rounds in SX. But the double standards people have when it comes to guys like Davalos and Osborne is funny to witness. Same with Herlings back in the day.

This has nothing to do with Osborne, i think he is an awesome person. I just wonder where the "sandbagging"-fundamentalists lurk.
Sully
3/29/2018 7:17am
TDeath21 wrote:
Sully wrote:
TDeath21 wrote:
True. Poor word choice on my end. He’s been by far the fastest guy is what I should have said.
I’ll buy that. If the guy could buy a start, I think it’d be safe to say he’d be dominating.
RG1
3/29/2018 7:17am
For Husky, if Osborne moved up to 450 for outdoors, who is their 250 title or race winner threat? Harrison? Mosiman? Jordan Bailey if he’s still...
For Husky, if Osborne moved up to 450 for outdoors, who is their 250 title or race winner threat?

Harrison? Mosiman? Jordan Bailey if he’s still moving up to pros? Maybe in a year or two those guys are up there, but they are unproven at this point.

450 class is handled with Anderson and Wilson.
This a very valid point, but at the same time, a very similar scenario existed with Herlings and KTM and he got ridiculous amounts if criticism for not moving up, even as an 18 year old.

Osborne staying in 250's makes great sense for Husky, but I think it's a bad move for him personally. At 28, he's probably not going to have a 5-6 year 450 career, more like 2-3 at the most. So you would think that he would want to get on one as soon as possible
BobKerr
3/29/2018 7:27am
I'm pretty sure I heard him say in a past interview from months ago that he wanted to ride 450 outdoors, but in the end, we all do what our boss tells us to do, LOL.
ATKpilot99
3/29/2018 7:28am
RG1 wrote:
This a very valid point, but at the same time, a very similar scenario existed with Herlings and KTM and he got ridiculous amounts if criticism...
This a very valid point, but at the same time, a very similar scenario existed with Herlings and KTM and he got ridiculous amounts if criticism for not moving up, even as an 18 year old.

Osborne staying in 250's makes great sense for Husky, but I think it's a bad move for him personally. At 28, he's probably not going to have a 5-6 year 450 career, more like 2-3 at the most. So you would think that he would want to get on one as soon as possible
Herlings was winning virtually every moto in an age restricted class .
BobKerr
3/29/2018 7:39am
RG1 wrote:
This a very valid point, but at the same time, a very similar scenario existed with Herlings and KTM and he got ridiculous amounts if criticism...

It is hard to say how long his 450 career will be. Has he been sidelined with any bad injuries during his career? He was gone to Europe for a long time, so I am wondering if that time away from SX will allow him to be one of the riders who has a long career, racing into his early/mid 30's. He seems to have a good balance between work and family life, so if he can keep making good money racing motorcycles, I see him doing so until he makes enough to retire, or injuries force him out. I think he will be a good 450 rider almost immediately. I just don't see him floundering around in 5th-10th for the first two years.

Post a reply to: Osborne to remain in 250 class???

The Latest