Osborne to Geico Honda?

Arkmx
10/4/2012 6:54am Edited Date/Time 10/4/2012 7:59am

Saw this on twitter... "Who's excited to see @thereal338 back in the US under our truck in 2013?"

Cool!

|
FastEddy
Fantasy
955th
10/4/2012 7:06am Edited Date/Time 10/4/2012 7:09am
It is a cool deal.
I believe he signed back in May.

http://www.vitalmx.com/news/press-release/GEICO-Honda-team-adds-Zach-Os…
GEICO Honda team adds Zach Osborne to its 2013 roster

CORONA, Calif. (May 23) – GEICO Honda's 2013 AMA Supercross roster is starting to take shape with the addition of Zach Osborne to its Lites lineup.

Osborne, a Virginia native, made a splash in Supercross during the 2012 season when he finished on the podium twice racing while in the first four rounds of the Lites West series. He then left for Europe to race in the FIM MX World Championship.

“I get to join the team in October and start preparing for 2013,” Osborne said. “I’m super-excited about it. It’s an awesome opportunity for me to be a part of such a great team like GEICO Honda. I got a decent taste of Supercross this year, but it’s good to know I’m going home to race full time and make a real run at a championship.”

Osborne’s speed and maturity on the big stage of Supercross originally got the attention of team manager Mike La Rocco.

“This year he really stood out on a couple of those early West Coast rounds,” La Rocco said. “After that, we met with him and he’s a great kid. He’s got some good experience and the maturity is already there. We’re looking forward to getting this thing started.”

While racing in Europe this season, Osborne suffered a shoulder injury that did limit the number of rounds he raced. However, Osborne said his recovery is on schedule and he should be able to run wide open once he joins the team later this year.

“I think the extra testing time we’ll have is really going to help me a lot,” Osborne said. “My shoulder is nearly back to 100 percent. I go back to the doctor this week and hopefully get released to start riding again. I’ve been trying to stay as fit as I can. I’ve been doing a lot of long road bike trips. I’ve got a lot of cool things going on in my life right now, and it all stems from being able to ride my motorcycle. If all goes according to plan, I’ll get back on the bike, finish the last seven Grand Prix events in Europe and then start getting ready for 2013 with my new team.”

Osborne will join a stacked team that includes Supercross legend Kevin Windham, Lites West Supercross champion Eli Tomac, Justin Bogle, Wil Hahn and newly-signed rising star Zach Bell.
Braaap14
10/4/2012 7:17am
Welcome to the future,

I hope you stay
Arkmx
10/4/2012 7:18am

Thanks FastEddy for the info.

Can't keep track of all the info from these boards.

The Shop

MX Culture
10/4/2012 7:59am
cant wait to see him on that bike

Post a reply to: Osborne to Geico Honda?

The Latest