Osborne...aw, phooey

GuyB
Fantasy
988th
Edited Date/Time 5/29/2014 7:58am
GEICO Honda pro Osborne sidelined 6-8 weeks with thumb injury

CORONA, Calif. (May 27) -- GEICO Honda 250 rider Zach Osborne will undergo surgery Thursday to repair a torn ulnar collateral ligament in his left thumb, which he injured in the second moto of the Motocross season opener Saturday in San Bernardino, Calif. He is expected to miss a minimum of eight weeks.

"I'll try to get a few rounds in at the end of the season," a disappointed Osborne said from his home in Abingdon, Va. "I'm really bummed because I was ready to fight for the championship this year. Practice had been going great and I've felt good on the bike.

"It happened in the first turn of the second moto when everyone got stacked up. It's a high-speed area and I was riding my line, but someone came across my front and took my bike out. My momentum carried me forward over the bars and just ripped my thumb all the way back. There really wasn't anything I could do."

Doctors tell Osborne he won't be able to ride again for at least six weeks, but he's determined to push his rehabilitation as hard as possible so he can return to action.
|
Dx3moto
5/27/2014 5:55pm
Bummer

Purely out of curiosity and off topic, but when will he be bumped up to the 450 class?
es337
5/27/2014 6:16pm
Dx3moto wrote:
Bummer

Purely out of curiosity and off topic, but when will he be bumped up to the 450 class?
matthes was hinting at him being on husky next year, but hell probably still be on the 250s then 450s the next year
jeffro503
5/27/2014 6:43pm Edited Date/Time 5/27/2014 6:43pm
Well damn it! I guess this year will be no different than most of the previous years......when all these guys beat themselves into the ground.....and by the last round....there are only a couple factory bikes left!

The Good news?...........maybe Zach can come back in here and shoot the shit with us again??

Heal up soon Zach!

The Shop

Crush
5/27/2014 7:14pm
Again! Poor Guy...
Marshj
5/27/2014 7:17pm
I've suffered the same injury, it takes some time to recover. But he should be 100 % 8 weeks out of surgery
hvaughn88
5/27/2014 7:24pm
"Pssht- that's nothing" - Jesse Nelson
Hahahaha, well played Matt! Well played!
wow123
5/27/2014 7:27pm
Dam bad luck, anything or nothing could have happened in that pile up.
jamma10
5/28/2014 12:00am
Damnit, I was hoping for good things from him. Sad

Always find it weird how some guys seem to get hit by injury more often than others. Zach deserved a good outdoors series.
5/28/2014 1:37am

That is really unlucky.... He is always fast outdoor ! I wish him a great second part of the season & a fantastic ride at the MXdN !
HenryA
5/28/2014 1:39am
"Pssht- that's nothing" - Jesse Nelson
ooooh that's a good one...
5/28/2014 5:34am Edited Date/Time 5/28/2014 6:18am
GuyB wrote:
GEICO Honda pro Osborne sidelined 6-8 weeks with thumb injury CORONA, Calif. (May 27) -- GEICO Honda 250 rider Zach Osborne will undergo surgery Thursday to...

CORONA, Calif. (May 27) -- GEICO Honda 250 rider Zach Osborne will undergo surgery Thursday to repair a torn ulnar collateral ligament in his left thumb, which he injured in the second moto of the Motocross season opener Saturday in San Bernardino, Calif. He is expected to miss a minimum of eight weeks.

"I'll try to get a few rounds in at the end of the season," a disappointed Osborne said from his home in Abingdon, Va. "I'm really bummed because I was ready to fight for the championship this year. Practice had been going great and I've felt good on the bike.

"It happened in the first turn of the second moto when everyone got stacked up. It's a high-speed area and I was riding my line, but someone came across my front and took my bike out. My momentum carried me forward over the bars and just ripped my thumb all the way back. There really wasn't anything I could do."

Doctors tell Osborne he won't be able to ride again for at least six weeks, but he's determined to push his rehabilitation as hard as possible so he can return to action.
Jake canada should get the fill in spot! I wanna c him on a factory ride
5/28/2014 7:05am
GuyB wrote:
GEICO Honda pro Osborne sidelined 6-8 weeks with thumb injury CORONA, Calif. (May 27) -- GEICO Honda 250 rider Zach Osborne will undergo surgery Thursday to...

Jake canada should get the fill in spot! I wanna c him on a factory ride
Don't get your hopes up "high"
endurox
5/28/2014 7:35am
Hope Osborne can make the ISDE and help our team in the special tests.
IceMan446
5/28/2014 7:38am
endurox wrote:
Geico doesnt like him doing those races, so I think they would rather see him come back to moto before he does any ISDE or GNCC stuff.
Jarid332
Fantasy
1658th
5/28/2014 7:47am
Shitty! I was hoping for a strong season from Zach. Great rider with a very likable personality. He's no Seely, but I like Osbourne.
Cygnus
5/28/2014 8:16am
Really bummed for ZO. I really think we was going to be a top 5 guy all season. Heal up and come back strong Zach!
500guy
5/28/2014 9:38am
That sucks Zach was one of the guy's I figured would be top 5 all season and possibly have a shot at the title.

Get well soon Zach.
Harry_Gray
5/28/2014 8:38pm
He could have been a spoiler outdoors IMO; would have made the 250 series REALLY interesting.
5/29/2014 7:58am
endurox wrote:
IceMan446 wrote:
Geico doesnt like him doing those races, so I think they would rather see him come back to moto before he does any ISDE or GNCC...
Geico doesnt like him doing those races, so I think they would rather see him come back to moto before he does any ISDE or GNCC stuff.

It is unfortunate GEICO is not so far a global brand, because the ISDE gets some attention in the sport channels here. For Honda, they should push him to race this if he can do well, because he may be their biggest hope to get a good results there, a good fan base/press/image for Honda & Osborne, since here in Europe enduro equals motocross in term of sales.

I like Osborne's spirit ! GP, SX, Outdoors, ISDE, MXDN, Monster Cup ! Maybe 1 day, we will see Osborne do a couple seasons Enduro to prepare a reconversion in rallye, where careers are longer (35-40) and if very succesful, are even longer (40-50) when transitioning to cars. It is always better to be paid 20 years than 8 or 10.

Post a reply to: Osborne...aw, phooey

The Latest