Osborne & Aldon Baker

Related:
Create New Tag

9/15/2016 7:25 AM

I looked through the first few pages to see if this has been brought up but didn't see anything on it. If it's old news, my bad.

I'm listening to the PitPass Moto podcast with Zach Osborne this morning, and he talks about being in the middle of moving to Florida to train with Aldon Baker. I know there has been a good bit of speculation about who will be training with him, this is the first I had heard of Zach being down there. Good for him.

|

9/15/2016 7:34 AM

Yeah news was on pulp awhile back. I believe Canard will be making the move as well.

|

9/15/2016 9:22 AM

Zach Osborne would fill the 250 slot vacated by Adam Cianciarulo earlier this year. Next year, it'll be Ryan Dungey, Marvin Musquin, Trey Canard, and Zach Osborne training down in Florida with Baker.

|

9/15/2016 9:40 AM

Jason Anderson getting the boot for being too badass??

|

Tomac and/or Anderson for 2020.....

9/15/2016 9:46 AM

Whats Aldons' policy on snackpacks?

|

9/15/2016 10:15 AM

BobPA wrote:

Jason Anderson getting the boot for being too badass??

Whoops!!! Totally forgot about Jason Anderson! I believe he's still there as well.

|

9/15/2016 10:19 AM

So is Trey still gonna do his rider training with Reynard I wonder?

|

9/15/2016 10:32 AM

I thought JT said on the pulp show Canard wasn't working with Aldon, has that changed?

|

9/15/2016 11:18 AM

Canard is selling his Oklahoma property so it would make sense that he is heading down there with his KTM contract..

|

9/15/2016 11:51 AM

ML512 wrote:

Zach Osborne would fill the 250 slot vacated by Adam Cianciarulo earlier this year. Next year, it'll be Ryan Dungey, Marvin Musquin, Trey Canard, and Zach Osborne training down in Florida with Baker.

Canard not training with AB.

|

Mathis is getting weeded out of the pro pits one team at a time he and his almighty will be outsiders soon.

9/15/2016 11:57 AM

ML512 wrote:

Matthes wrote:

Hmm.. Got to admit, I'm surprised. I was told when the KTM offer was given to Seely that the Aldon program was part of the deal, so I thought Canard's was as well, especially since he's selling his property. Any word on where he's heading then? Just riding at Reynard's full-time?

|

9/15/2016 11:58 AM

ML512 wrote:

Matthes wrote:

Dungey, Anderson, Musquin, Osborne. That's 2017 right?

|

9/15/2016 12:47 PM

ML512 wrote:

Matthes wrote:

ML512 wrote:

Hmm.. Got to admit, I'm surprised. I was told when the KTM offer was given to Seely that the Aldon program was part of the deal, so I thought Canard's was as well, especially since he's selling his property. Any word on where he's heading then? Just riding at Reynard's full-time?

He hasn't lived in that house for a long time.

|

9/15/2016 1:05 PM

it's going to be interesting if that move will work out. training with the tomac's didn't go to well for him.

|

9/15/2016 1:26 PM

51xc wrote:

it's going to be interesting if that move will work out. training with the tomac's didn't go to well for him.

Seemed like the Tomacs helped him a lot. The bike being broken most of the time didn't help him much.

|

9/15/2016 1:27 PM

ML512 wrote:

Tim Ferry is his trainer. He has been working with him throughout the year. Given Ferry is only a hour from Baker's it would be interesting if he does ever switch.

|

9/15/2016 1:36 PM

51xc wrote:

kkawboy14 wrote:

Seemed like the Tomacs helped him a lot. The bike being broken most of the time didn't help him much.

I thought he had some of his best rides this year. He was pretty strong coming through the pack on multiple occasions.

|

9/15/2016 1:47 PM

I think Aldon's training program is most beneficial for riders are naturally "heavier"...RC, RV, and Osborne certainly fits that bill...not that it won't work for the naturally thinner guys...but I think that could be why it didn't work out so well for Roczen...

I like Osborne though...I like any rider that races off road smile

|

9/15/2016 2:00 PM

Titan1 wrote:

I think Aldon's training program is most beneficial for riders are naturally "heavier"...RC, RV, and Osborne certainly fits that bill...not that it won't work for the naturally thinner guys...but I think that could be why it didn't work out so well for Roczen...

Lets not bring up Osborne and off-road to Matthes, been down that road.grin

|

Go Hawks!

9/15/2016 3:19 PM

51xc wrote:

kkawboy14 wrote:

osborne trained with the tomacs in '15 and stopped the same year because it was to much for him (there was talk he got over trained). this years success has nothing directly to do with the tomacs.

|

9/15/2016 8:10 PM

Lolz. Grown men and supposedly professional athletes.
Photo

|

9/15/2016 8:26 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/15/2016 8:30 PM

Matthes wrote:

ML512 wrote:

CEMX182 wrote:

Tim Ferry is his trainer. He has been working with him throughout the year. Given Ferry is only a hour from Baker's it would be interesting if he does ever switch.

He has lived in Edmond, OK for a while. I dont think he spends much time at RR's and as said above, he spends time if Florida with Ferry and Mark (practice mechanic).

I am sure there will be other riders disappointed that the Shawnee, OK house will be gone from a practice perspective. One thing I am curious about is how that affects the Albertson's.

|

much ty. How to spot a paid forum poster/artificial forum traffic producer (see list of actions/phrases below):

Copius pattern amounts of phrases like “Anyone have”..., “Anybody know?”.... and their variations.

Thoughts?
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

9/15/2016 9:13 PM

51xc wrote:

osborne trained with the tomacs in '15 and stopped the same year because it was to much for him (there was talk he got over trained). this years success has nothing directly to do with the tomacs.

You have no clue, Zach stopped training there because when Eli got hurt then switched to Kawasaki things got different

He wasn't asked to leave but was able to read the signs.

|

9/15/2016 9:40 PM

Good for Zach, and lucky he won at Budd's Creek or he might never have been invited to the Bakery. He's my favorite to win the title next year, now he has the missing part of the equation. Bike 10%, Rider 20%, Aldon Baker 70%. silly

|

9/15/2016 10:05 PM

Osborne 250 or 450 next year?

|

9/15/2016 10:15 PM

Bidirella wrote:

250, along with Martin Davalos at Rockstar Husky. 450s will continue as Jason Anderson and Christophe Pourcel. So the same team as 16... Actually, Jason is on through 2018.

|

9/15/2016 10:42 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/15/2016 10:47 PM

Titan1 wrote:

Funny you say that. I often wondered if teams like to see the parents rather large (Dungey, Stew, RC, McGrath) so that they can take a naturally large body type and widdle it down to nothing and it will still survive.

|

9/16/2016 6:13 AM

dirtworldmx wrote:

Good for Zach, and lucky he won at Budd's Creek or he might never have been invited to the Bakery. He's my favorite to win the title next year, now he has the missing part of the equation. Bike 10%, Rider 20%, Aldon Baker 70%. silly

I pray to the Motocross Gods that this is sarcasm.

|

9/16/2016 9:14 AM

kkawboy14 wrote:

51xc wrote:

500guy wrote:

You have no clue, Zach stopped training there because when Eli got hurt then switched to Kawasaki things got different

He wasn't asked to leave but was able to read the signs.

I remember an interview where john said that osborne would do a lot of activities on top of john's program and because john didn't know about it became to much at one point. but anyways, I'm not going to argue about it because at the end it doesn't matter anymore. I don't see why eli switching to kawi would have anything to do with osborne stop training down there as well.

|

9/16/2016 11:49 AM

Bidirella wrote:

ML512 wrote:

250, along with Martin Davalos at Rockstar Husky. 450s will continue as Jason Anderson and Christophe Pourcel. So the same team as 16... Actually, Jason is on through 2018.

Davalos - Longest 250 career ever?

|

"Who cares about what other people think"