Osborne Vs. Forkner

Dmcc
3/4/2018 3:26pm
I noticed Forkner wouldn't face Osborne after the race either which can obviously make you look guilty/like a coward. Osborne seems like a level-headed dude and...
I noticed Forkner wouldn't face Osborne after the race either which can obviously make you look guilty/like a coward. Osborne seems like a level-headed dude and I'm sure he was heated so I'm sure they could have talked it out if Forkner was willing to take responsibility for it.
Dmcc wrote:
If you didn t mean it go over and tell him that I think level heads would have prevailed there. I know if I didn t...
If you didn t mean it go over and tell him that I think level heads would have prevailed there. I know if I didn t mean it I would have went over and talked to him to clear the air. If it got physical so be it. But I would t have just walked the other way.
levimx22 wrote:
it looked like that was going to happen, but mechanics/officials got inbetween.
They can stop you from fighting but if you wanted to talk it out I figure they would have let them talk. Maybe I m wrong
bd
3/4/2018 3:28pm
I am not a fan of cross jumping; it’s dangerous. That said, it looked like Forkner was a little out of control and jumped to the left. Zach wasn’t in control himself; jumped to the right and hit Forkner. Lastly, Forkner is not taking shit from anyone. The Baker Boys race a little rough and some of their passes are questionable (such as jumping into an exit of turn a to block pass a rider — aka Jason Anderson’s move). It’s racing and I’m damm happy riders are racing them with the same aggression.
Dmcc
3/4/2018 3:36pm
bd wrote:
I am not a fan of cross jumping; it’s dangerous. That said, it looked like Forkner was a little out of control and jumped to the...
I am not a fan of cross jumping; it’s dangerous. That said, it looked like Forkner was a little out of control and jumped to the left. Zach wasn’t in control himself; jumped to the right and hit Forkner. Lastly, Forkner is not taking shit from anyone. The Baker Boys race a little rough and some of their passes are questionable (such as jumping into an exit of turn a to block pass a rider — aka Jason Anderson’s move). It’s racing and I’m damm happy riders are racing them with the same aggression.
Forkner is a punk. Carmichael said Osborne jumped straight "the goat" now you're telling me he s wrong?
bd
3/4/2018 3:47pm
bd wrote:
I am not a fan of cross jumping; it’s dangerous. That said, it looked like Forkner was a little out of control and jumped to the...
Dmcc wrote:
Forkner is a punk. Carmichael said Osborne jumped straight "the goat" now you're telling me he s wrong?
Watch it again and get back to me.

The Shop

drt410
3/4/2018 4:00pm Edited Date/Time 3/4/2018 4:06pm
It looked intentional but if you think about it forkner wold have to be an idiot to risk his own serious bodily harm to take out osbourne by cross jumping when he could just clean him out in a corner. Cross jumping usually leads to both riders being seriously injured so as much as it looked intentional i bet he was actually just trying to protect the inside line because he probably thought if he didnt he was gonna get savatgyd.

Most likely he thought oh shit i better get inside on this corner or im gonna get taken out and didnt realize zach was on his fender. No sane rider cross jumps like that with someone that close because as we saw they both almost got taken out. Thats why i lean towards he got scared that zach was about to be inside of him so he tried to get there first but zach was closer than he thought and it lead to the crash. I mean stop and think about it for a sec....nobody cross jumps to take someone out because your probably going to get destroyed. He was trying to get to the inside line. Theres 100 better ways to take someone out than risking your entire season/career by throwing yourself sideways in front of someone over a jump.
colintrax
Fantasy
2363rd
3/4/2018 4:08pm
drt410 wrote:
It looked intentional but if you think about it forkner wold have to be an idiot to risk his own serious bodily harm to take out...
It looked intentional but if you think about it forkner wold have to be an idiot to risk his own serious bodily harm to take out osbourne by cross jumping when he could just clean him out in a corner. Cross jumping usually leads to both riders being seriously injured so as much as it looked intentional i bet he was actually just trying to protect the inside line because he probably thought if he didnt he was gonna get savatgyd.

Most likely he thought oh shit i better get inside on this corner or im gonna get taken out and didnt realize zach was on his fender. No sane rider cross jumps like that with someone that close because as we saw they both almost got taken out. Thats why i lean towards he got scared that zach was about to be inside of him so he tried to get there first but zach was closer than he thought and it lead to the crash. I mean stop and think about it for a sec....nobody cross jumps to take someone out because your probably going to get destroyed. He was trying to get to the inside line. Theres 100 better ways to take someone out than risking your entire season/career by throwing yourself sideways in front of someone over a jump.
You're making the assumption forkner isn't an idiot
BikerScars
3/4/2018 4:08pm
Some of you need to go to your safe space in moms basement.

Osborne, aggressive yes, dirty no.
Forkner, could have been a accident. I will take him at his word.

Both guys are studs.
Dmcc
3/4/2018 4:09pm
bd wrote:
Dmcc wrote:
bd wrote:
Watch it again and get back to me.
Read Forkners post and get back to me. He admits he cross jumped
TDeath21
3/4/2018 4:21pm
Plessinger did a similar thing to McElrath earlier this year. It’s super dangerous.
Dmcc
3/4/2018 4:22pm
TDeath21 wrote:
Plessinger did a similar thing to McElrath earlier this year. It’s super dangerous.
I agree
levimx22
Fantasy
2202nd
3/4/2018 4:37pm
Dmcc wrote:
They can stop you from fighting but if you wanted to talk it out I figure they would have let them talk. Maybe I m wrong
fair point.
Akira
3/4/2018 4:39pm
drt410 wrote:
It looked intentional but if you think about it forkner wold have to be an idiot to risk his own serious bodily harm to take out...

colintrax wrote:
You're making the assumption forkner isn't an idiot
Other than having a MAGA patch I don't see anything idiot on him.
Motoxdoc
3/4/2018 4:47pm
Dmcc wrote:
The fixer? The cleaner upper? The mother fuckin Goat?! Hell yes I'm happy! That's all you had to say. I don't even need good coffee. Everything is settled now.Dry

I see some of you questioning AF controlling the track and guarding the line that Zack would've otherwise used to pass him. Zack has proven that if you give him the chance to clean you out...on occasion he'll take it! What about Zack making the mistake of committing to a pass on the inside of the take-off of a triple which had an immediate 180 degree turn upon landing?...and if you don't think it was a mistake, take a look at the results and ask Zack how his nose feels.

Crush
3/4/2018 5:30pm
Dmcc wrote:
Motoxdoc wrote:
The fixer? The cleaner upper? The mother fuckin Goat?! Hell yes I'm happy! That's all you had to say. I don't even need good coffee. Everything...
The fixer? The cleaner upper? The mother fuckin Goat?! Hell yes I'm happy! That's all you had to say. I don't even need good coffee. Everything is settled now.Dry

I see some of you questioning AF controlling the track and guarding the line that Zack would've otherwise used to pass him. Zack has proven that if you give him the chance to clean you out...on occasion he'll take it! What about Zack making the mistake of committing to a pass on the inside of the take-off of a triple which had an immediate 180 degree turn upon landing?...and if you don't think it was a mistake, take a look at the results and ask Zack how his nose feels.

Dude. Controlling the line is a term reserved for corners and wheels on the ground situations.

If you're in the air it's cross jumping. Simple as that.

If you want to argue whether it's intentional or not, fine... but no one would be happy with it happening to them, including Forkner.

We have recently seen Grant and Malcolm get into it for exactly the same thing and Grant reacted like most would, and that was a legitimate cross-rut situation.
ToolMaker
Fantasy
726th
3/4/2018 7:00pm
Forkner has just released this.[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/03/04/247410/s1200_671E8486_4DE3_4F5C_BB26_8932273558D9.jpg[/img]
Forkner has just released this.

Wonder what media spin doctor wrote that for him to smooth things over. If there was a kernel of truth there, he'd have talked to Zack after the race. He knew exactly what happened and could have cleared the air right away.
TM
Mit12
3/4/2018 8:54pm
There is no way that the outcome would have been good if Forkner would have tried to talk to Osborne. The best thing happened when the officials and mechanics stepped in and kept them apart.
Forkner was in the wrong and I would say he admitted it in his statement above. Osborne needs to clean up his act because as it stands almost every rider owes him a payback, some will never return the favor and some will do stupid things like cross jumping. Osborne has made his bed and now he has to sleep in it.
Detroit Dick
3/4/2018 10:10pm
That's called racing! I'm a fan of both of em', and there was a lil' cross jumpin' goin' on, but Zac just got out Zac'd, that's all.... and anyone calling Forkner "a punk" has obviously never met the young man. He and his Dad are as class an act as you'll find. Down to earth, real as they come. Good racing gets sketchy at times. Can't wait for Daytona!

One-Hander
3/5/2018 2:28am
Ever since Osborne has been riding with Anderson he has picked up some of his traits. Someone once said that the best thing to have on the track from the other riders is their respect. Neither Anderson or Osborne is gaining that in my opinion - with their aggression and take outs, and it is starting to show.

If I am am riding in a main and Dungey is coming up on me, I am not going to immediately get aggressive and try blocking him to stop a take out on me, Bambam on the other hand, I'll take a different approach. How you play with others is how they play back at you. Race craft is also race wisdom.
3/5/2018 5:45am
Austin was at fault for cross jumping and that's that.

Zach has a right to be annoyed, irrespective of the rights and wrongs of his riding elsewhere on the track i.e the arguably over aggressive block passing into corners etc.

With all that said, there IS a difference between something being due (or exacerbated) by a mistake vs pure malicious intention... And since no one can claim to have a window into Forkner's soul, I personally am willing to put it down to his version of events on this occasion.
kb228
3/5/2018 6:00am
Betuel wrote:
Trying to break someone’s leg? Really? Or maybe he wanted that championship that bad. When you dont like a certain rider you will spin things anyway...
Trying to break someone’s leg? Really? Or maybe he wanted that championship that bad. When you dont like a certain rider you will spin things anyway to make him look bad.
He looks bad all on his own. No need to spin it. Grandpa has been smashing the kids around for awhile now and one finally stood...
He looks bad all on his own. No need to spin it. Grandpa has been smashing the kids around for awhile now and one finally stood up. Not a good move on Forkner's part, but Zach drifted wide too. Racing incident. Spin it however you want for your guy.
Dmcc wrote:
Here we go with the stupid age argument if forkner is a lot younger and in better shape Osborne doesn t catch him. Sad when grandpa...
Here we go with the stupid age argument if forkner is a lot younger and in better shape Osborne doesn t catch him. Sad when grandpa catches the kids and makes them his bitch.
Forkner didnt have a rear brake. thats why he faded. Stop making yourself look like an ass.
Kyle_McNab
3/5/2018 6:12am
Just a racing accident. Jeez its a crazy sport and shit happens. Forkner was probably just trying to grab the inside line cuz im sure Osborne would have punted him if he left the door open
3/5/2018 8:01am
After the race Zach admitted fault, said one of his eyebrows got loose and was obscuring his vision before jumping right into Forkner. Weirdly he also tried to put his mouth on Forkner's pipe. Strange.....
Gworm
3/5/2018 8:16am Edited Date/Time 3/5/2018 8:21am
That's called racing! I'm a fan of both of em', and there was a lil' cross jumpin' goin' on, but Zac just got out Zac'd, that's...
That's called racing! I'm a fan of both of em', and there was a lil' cross jumpin' goin' on, but Zac just got out Zac'd, that's all.... and anyone calling Forkner "a punk" has obviously never met the young man. He and his Dad are as class an act as you'll find. Down to earth, real as they come. Good racing gets sketchy at times. Can't wait for Daytona!

What he said... I've only spoken to Austin once that I can think of, ran in to him at a gas station here in town, but I've known Mike (his Dad) and his uncle Steve since 1980 something... used to race against and bang bars with Steve ( he was fast).

Anybody who thinks he's a punk or an idiot just doesn't know what they are talking about. The whole family are very good, hard working people. Top of the line.

My fear with Austin was that he would be a little too timid this year, especially after his injuries. I'm glad to see he has proven me wrong. He seems both physically and mentally tougher this year than last. Kind of like John Wayne toilet paper, rough and tough and ain't gonna take no crap off nobody. It was also wise to stay away from Zach after the race. That had a better chance to go bad than good.

I also am a fan of Zach. I had no problem with his pass on Savatgy, it actually looked to me like Joey didn't realize he was there and turned down into him. Zach IS very aggressive and is not afraid to ride close and risk a little contact. Although I see the point about the "last lap title is on the line" stuff, a point or two at the first of the series can have just as much impact as on the last lap of the last race. I think he is actually a bit more aggressive this year than last. I thought his takeout of Austin was more aggressive than what he did to Savatgy, but it's his style, and he will have to accept when its done to him as well.

As far as this incident, that whole thing looks a little strange to me. I watched it several times, and it looks like Austin was fairly straight when he left the jump, although even by his own admission he was moving a bit to the left. But I think he went farther than intended, because when he landed, it looks like he's trying to correct to the right, or at least straighten it up. But this also goes back to Zach riding so aggressive and close.

This was just a racing incident in my opinion, with no ill intent by anybody.

As far as cross jumping, it looks to me like everybody does it more than they used to. I think its developed because of the smooth power of the 4strokes. On a 250 2stroke if you are hammer down and turning on the face of a jump, things usually don't turn out too well, but these 4strokes do it all the time.
tomgreen44
3/5/2018 9:12am
There’s a 90% osbourne would have cleaned him out in the next corner anyway because that’s the way he rides nower days. I think it was unintentional on forkners behalf you can even see in his body language. I have no sympathy for osbourne what so ever because of the way he races so imo it was only a matter of time before someone cleaned him out properly. Don’t get me wrong that was an unfortunate way for it to happen but I’m suprised it’s taken this long for someone to take him down.
BSmooth13
3/5/2018 11:00am
tomgreen44 wrote:
There’s a 90% osbourne would have cleaned him out in the next corner anyway because that’s the way he rides nower days. I think it was...
There’s a 90% osbourne would have cleaned him out in the next corner anyway because that’s the way he rides nower days. I think it was unintentional on forkners behalf you can even see in his body language. I have no sympathy for osbourne what so ever because of the way he races so imo it was only a matter of time before someone cleaned him out properly. Don’t get me wrong that was an unfortunate way for it to happen but I’m suprised it’s taken this long for someone to take him down.
So because Zack has made/makes aggressive passes in corners, it's OK if another rider cross-jumps him? You're stance, basically, is that you get what's coming to you based on your actions? So that being the case, aggressive corner passes equate to cross-jumping in a dangerous rhythm section?

Don't really have much of an opinion on the matter, that's just an interesting stance in this debate. I take what you're saying to mean that you're OK with a rider cross-jumping someone else, intentional or not (that's not really the question) and putting that rider in honest danger of being taken out mid-air in a technical/dangerous rhythm section, but only if that 2nd guy has made some mean block passes in the past...
peelout
3/5/2018 11:03am
racing incident

anyone who thinks it was malicious has no place watching/racing anything related to dirt bikes
3/5/2018 3:11pm
peelout wrote:
racing incident

anyone who thinks it was malicious has no place watching/racing anything related to dirt bikes
Bingo.
ProKawi24
3/5/2018 3:21pm
peelout wrote:
racing incident

Couldn't of said it better myself.

Seriously...after reading some of the comments on here I think there's a group of people who should really consider another sport to be a part of. Maybe something like figure skating or perhaps Tennis??? Hopefully people aren't too aggressive for you there.
davistld01
3/5/2018 3:45pm
I know it's been said already, but Forkner claims to be sans rear brake for the best part of that moto. I'm not saying that he maliciously cross jumped on Zach...but he couldn't exactly (if the brake thing was true) block pass him or do anything else to pass him for the lead except what he ended up doing...malicious or not. I'd have done the same thing for the win.

Racing incident. Zach has done worse in his time...probably the reason he's been pretty quiet about it.

Post a reply to: Osborne Vs. Forkner

The Latest