Orlando - what's up?

Related:
Create New Tag

5/17/2018 11:28 PM

Long time lurker, first time poster. From NZ heading to Orlando for work. May get a day or 2 to check the place out. Not too fussed about theme parks more interested in moto. What's worth checking out?

|

5/18/2018 3:23 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/18/2018 3:23 AM

2WheelJocky wrote:

Long time lurker, first time poster. From NZ heading to Orlando for work. May get a day or 2 to check the place out. Not too fussed about theme parks more interested in moto. What's worth checking out?

Orlando Mx is sick. If you wanna take a ride over to pax trax over on the coast it is dope.. prob hour and a half from Orlando

|

5/18/2018 3:24 AM

Also you should take a day to go to. Volcano bay water park. Place is unreal

|

5/18/2018 4:38 AM

Thanks for the reply! Will go look those places up now!

|

5/18/2018 7:49 AM

Best track in that area is SPYDER MX which is about an hour 20 west. Orlando is hit or miss depending on if they have the water truck running. Pax is awful I wouldn't send my worst enemy there. The owner is a complete butt puppet and will tell you he's the man cause he won a lorettas C championship in 1993.

|

Tony Alessi, "I think it's time to have more kids so I can have hopes of actually raising a champion."

5/18/2018 8:04 AM

Depends on what days you will be in town.

|

5/18/2018 8:50 AM

Sixeightone wrote:

Best track in that area is SPYDER MX which is about an hour 20 west. Orlando is hit or miss depending on if they have the water truck running. Pax is awful I wouldn't send my worst enemy there. The owner is a complete butt puppet and will tell you he's the man cause he won a lorettas C championship in 1993.

Pax is awful? Don't know that I've ever heard anyone say that before.

|

5/19/2018 2:56 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/19/2018 2:57 AM

You have a number of tracks in the area depending if you can or want to drive.

There's Orlando MX aka "Bithlo" aka "RC16's place of stupidity"
Tampa Mx is cool and that's an hour away
Then you have Waldo (DO NOT SPPED, SPEED TRAP CAPITOL)
Reddick closes this weekend forever
I think Hard Rock in Ocala is still open, but last time I went by there, it was nasty
There's also the world famous Dade City MX to the west of Orlando

|

5/19/2018 3:08 AM

Thanks guys appreciate the guidance!

|

5/19/2018 5:14 AM

Sixeightone wrote:

Best track in that area is SPYDER MX which is about an hour 20 west. Orlando is hit or miss depending on if they have the water truck running. Pax is awful I wouldn't send my worst enemy there. The owner is a complete butt puppet and will tell you he's the man cause he won a lorettas C championship in 1993.

I’ll agree with this. Spyder aka wildwood also has a indoor track as well. Dade City is good to checkout too as you can see the entire track.

|

5/19/2018 5:39 AM

EngIceDave wrote:

You have a number of tracks in the area depending if you can or want to drive.

There's Orlando MX aka "Bithlo" aka "RC16's place of stupidity"
Tampa Mx is cool and that's an hour away
Then you have Waldo (DO NOT SPPED, SPEED TRAP CAPITOL)
Reddick closes this weekend forever
I think Hard Rock in Ocala is still open, but last time I went by there, it was nasty
There's also the world famous Dade City MX to the west of Orlando

I can attest to the Waldo part. Fuggin cops.

|

5/19/2018 5:47 AM

EngIceDave wrote:

You have a number of tracks in the area depending if you can or want to drive.

There's Orlando MX aka "Bithlo" aka "RC16's place of stupidity"
Tampa Mx is cool and that's an hour away
Then you have Waldo (DO NOT SPPED, SPEED TRAP CAPITOL)
Reddick closes this weekend forever
I think Hard Rock in Ocala is still open, but last time I went by there, it was nasty
There's also the world famous Dade City MX to the west of Orlando

woodsryder wrote:

I can attest to the Waldo part. Fuggin cops.

Yea, god forbid them do their job lol.

|

5/19/2018 6:17 AM

EngIceDave wrote:

You have a number of tracks in the area depending if you can or want to drive.

There's Orlando MX aka "Bithlo" aka "RC16's place of stupidity"
Tampa Mx is cool and that's an hour away
Then you have Waldo (DO NOT SPPED, SPEED TRAP CAPITOL)
Reddick closes this weekend forever
I think Hard Rock in Ocala is still open, but last time I went by there, it was nasty
There's also the world famous Dade City MX to the west of Orlando

woodsryder wrote:

I can attest to the Waldo part. Fuggin cops.

mxb2 wrote:

Yea, god forbid them do their job lol.

It was a tongue in cheek response. While cops do have a job to do, Waldo is a huge speed trap. The speed limit goes from 55 to 45 to 35 and in less than 1/4 mile with no warning that the speed limit is dropping.

|

5/19/2018 7:43 AM

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/florida-town-infamous-for-speed-traps-disbanding-police-force/. I drove there from Jacksonville many times via rt. 301 and it was a speed trap for sure. Not sure about nowadays.

|

5/19/2018 7:48 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/19/2018 7:49 AM

45 minutes south there is a nice parcel of land with some beautiful tracks in Haines City. Not sure how much use they see. I kid, I kid...

|

5/19/2018 7:51 AM

mxb2 wrote:

Yea, god forbid them do their job lol.

If you know of some that do, please send them to my area.

|

5/19/2018 7:53 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/19/2018 7:58 AM

woodsryder wrote:

I can attest to the Waldo part. Fuggin cops.

mxb2 wrote:

Yea, god forbid them do their job lol.

woodsryder wrote:

It was a tongue in cheek response. While cops do have a job to do, Waldo is a huge speed trap. The speed limit goes from 55 to 45 to 35 and in less than 1/4 mile with no warning that the speed limit is dropping.

The really large signs indicating the speed limit would be enough warning for most. Also, check FL vehicle code. In PA police are not aloud to issue a citation within 500 feet of a change of speed. So basically you have 500 feet after the limit drops to slow your speed. If the speed limit changes 3 times within a quarter of a mile that's like 1320 feet. So changing 3 times in 1320 feet a PA officer would not be able to cite anyone through there. Maybe FL is the same? I'm not sure.

|

5/19/2018 8:28 AM

woodsryder wrote:

I can attest to the Waldo part. Fuggin cops.

mxb2 wrote:

Yea, god forbid them do their job lol.

woodsryder wrote:

It was a tongue in cheek response. While cops do have a job to do, Waldo is a huge speed trap. The speed limit goes from 55 to 45 to 35 and in less than 1/4 mile with no warning that the speed limit is dropping.

All.good man,. Some people complain they get speeding tickets, then complain the officers are doing anything but hanging out in the ,7-11.

|

5/19/2018 8:57 AM

mxb2 wrote:

Yea, god forbid them do their job lol.

woodsryder wrote:

It was a tongue in cheek response. While cops do have a job to do, Waldo is a huge speed trap. The speed limit goes from 55 to 45 to 35 and in less than 1/4 mile with no warning that the speed limit is dropping.

agn5009 wrote:

The really large signs indicating the speed limit would be enough warning for most. Also, check FL vehicle code. In PA police are not aloud to issue a citation within 500 feet of a change of speed. So basically you have 500 feet after the limit drops to slow your speed. If the speed limit changes 3 times within a quarter of a mile that's like 1320 feet. So changing 3 times in 1320 feet a PA officer would not be able to cite anyone through there. Maybe FL is the same? I'm not sure.

Here is a photo to show you how quick the speed drops.
Photo

|

5/19/2018 10:06 PM

EngIceDave wrote:

You have a number of tracks in the area depending if you can or want to drive.

There's Orlando MX aka "Bithlo" aka "RC16's place of stupidity"
Tampa Mx is cool and that's an hour away
Then you have Waldo (DO NOT SPPED, SPEED TRAP CAPITOL)
Reddick closes this weekend forever
I think Hard Rock in Ocala is still open, but last time I went by there, it was nasty
There's also the world famous Dade City MX to the west of Orlando

Any info on why Reddick is closing down?

|

Mike

5/20/2018 5:16 AM

Maybe the owner is a "butt puppet" laughing

|

5/20/2018 7:14 AM

Reddick is LIterally the Blackburns’ backyard. So I think as civilization has closed in and they’ve gotten older, it’s become too much of a hassle.

As for Waldo and speeding, it was at one time, may still be, listed as “America’s #1 speed trap” city. They make like most of the town’s income on speeding tickets. Not a matter of “police doing their job” it’s more of a town set up to entrap people and the police literally sit and wait, like hunting in a deer stand.

|

5/20/2018 7:21 AM

EngIceDave wrote:

Reddick is LIterally the Blackburns’ backyard. So I think as civilization has closed in and they’ve gotten older, it’s become too much of a hassle.

As for Waldo and speeding, it was at one time, may still be, listed as “America’s #1 speed trap” city. They make like most of the town’s income on speeding tickets. Not a matter of “police doing their job” it’s more of a town set up to entrap people and the police literally sit and wait, like hunting in a deer stand.

Or you could drive the speed limt, since you know about it.

|

5/20/2018 7:39 AM

I mean granted it’s been a few years since I’ve been, but I always loved pax. Bithlo/Orlando mx is a good time, dade city is fun. There’s plenty of stuff around luckily, you’ll find something you like

|

RPM Performance
CT
783

5/20/2018 10:22 AM


https://www.cbsnews.com/news/florida-town-infamous-for-speed-traps-disbanding-police-force/


WALDO, Fla. -- The City Council of a tiny north Florida town known as one of the nation's worst speed traps has voted to disband its small police force.

The Waldo City Council on Tuesday voted 4-1 to eliminate the department just weeks after the chief and interim chief resigned because of state investigations into many issues, including an illegal ticket quota.
|