Ordered this last Feb it finally came!

SPODEBOY
11/9/2022 9:35pm Edited Date/Time 11/20/2022 3:01pm
2023 Beta 500RRS. George at Uptite in Santa Ana was one of the coolest guys I ever met.
Gonna give her a whirl this weekend. Last brand new bike I bought was an 03 YZ450.

|
Mossy940
11/9/2022 10:23pm
Congrats Spode!

She’s a beauty, certainly looks like she was worth the wait!
11/9/2022 10:41pm
Very nice. Hopefully you can find someone to give you the race map from the RR. Other than that, I would get the rear mudflap for the RR bike and mount an enduro plate to it so it deletes that huge floppy contraption. I wired some tiny LED blinkers in the rear because I couldn't find any flush blinkers for Beta but I'm sure someone makes them now. You an also ditch the front blinkers if you buy the Zeta hand guards with blinkers in them. Enjoy.
11/9/2022 11:26pm
Rear fender kit from Langs off road is a bitchen piece. Order a seat concept seat. The stock seat is hard as a rock. 22 had ECU mapping problems. Low fuel light comes on way to early. Check all your wiring plugs and routings.

SPODEBOY
11/10/2022 1:20am
Thanks guys. I will adhere to all of your advice. I rode it when I got home I can't believe how light and precise this thing feels. It is like a 125 with a 500cc engine. I have not been this excited to ride in a long time.

The Shop

swordfish
11/10/2022 3:21am
Rear fender kit from Langs off road is a bitchen piece. Order a seat concept seat. The stock seat is hard as a rock. 22 had...
Rear fender kit from Langs off road is a bitchen piece. Order a seat concept seat. The stock seat is hard as a rock. 22 had ECU mapping problems. Low fuel light comes on way to early. Check all your wiring plugs and routings.

You can pick up a Guts soft foam for a lot cheaper than a Seat Concepts complete seat.
swordfish
11/10/2022 3:22am
Get the loctite out for all your fasteners as well.
Shifter, kickstand, etc.
Crash217
11/10/2022 5:26am Edited Date/Time 11/10/2022 5:33am
Very nice. Hopefully you can find someone to give you the race map from the RR. Other than that, I would get the rear mudflap for...
Very nice. Hopefully you can find someone to give you the race map from the RR. Other than that, I would get the rear mudflap for the RR bike and mount an enduro plate to it so it deletes that huge floppy contraption. I wired some tiny LED blinkers in the rear because I couldn't find any flush blinkers for Beta but I'm sure someone makes them now. You an also ditch the front blinkers if you buy the Zeta hand guards with blinkers in them. Enjoy.
Last dualsport I built I used tag bolts with LEDs built into them. They of course light up the tag, but you can find versions with an outward facing red or amber single LED. Since the bike had a functional rear brake light that wasn't getting trashed in the process of de-cluttering, I simply wired up the ambers to the turn signal wires and the reds up to the brake light. Super stealth.

There are also lots of different tag frames that do all of this integrated into 1 bar or full wrap around the tag, I haven't tried one, but they're out there if you look hard enough and they would work great too provided your tag mount is stable enough for the tag and system to not get munched by the rear tire.

Another vote for the Zeta Racing hand guards with turn signals. They are fantastic and super stealth.

A $30 chunk of carbon fiber about 1ft x 4 inches x 2mm thick, pop riveted onto the rear fender and tag/light mount does wonders for keeping a rear fender from bouncing around and potentially getting eaten by the rear fender.
alphado
11/10/2022 5:40am
Nice! I grabbed a 2014 400RS on Monday. Beta puts a lot of thought into these. Lots of interchangeability and plug and play stuff. My dealer drop shipped me parts from California on Monday evening and I got them on Wednesday.
TeamGreen
11/10/2022 7:24am
Very nice. Hopefully you can find someone to give you the race map from the RR. Other than that, I would get the rear mudflap for...
Crash217 wrote:
Last dualsport I built I used tag bolts with LEDs built into them. They of course light up the tag, but you can find versions with...
Last dualsport I built I used tag bolts with LEDs built into them. They of course light up the tag, but you can find versions with an outward facing red or amber single LED. Since the bike had a functional rear brake light that wasn't getting trashed in the process of de-cluttering, I simply wired up the ambers to the turn signal wires and the reds up to the brake light. Super stealth.

There are also lots of different tag frames that do all of this integrated into 1 bar or full wrap around the tag, I haven't tried one, but they're out there if you look hard enough and they would work great too provided your tag mount is stable enough for the tag and system to not get munched by the rear tire.

Another vote for the Zeta Racing hand guards with turn signals. They are fantastic and super stealth.

A $30 chunk of carbon fiber about 1ft x 4 inches x 2mm thick, pop riveted onto the rear fender and tag/light mount does wonders for keeping a rear fender from bouncing around and potentially getting eaten by the rear fender.
Post a pic of the Carbon-Fiber part if you can.
183Matt
Fantasy
1331st
11/10/2022 7:39am
Good for you Spode! Enjoy that new bike.
lumpy790
11/10/2022 8:06am Edited Date/Time 11/10/2022 8:06am
Crash217 wrote:
Last dualsport I built I used tag bolts with LEDs built into them. They of course light up the tag, but you can find versions with...

TeamGreen wrote:
I can test it for you.
plowboy
11/10/2022 8:10am
That's one sexy machineCool
Moto520
11/10/2022 8:26am
Congratulations....there's nothing like new bike day!
Moto_Geek
Fantasy
763rd
11/10/2022 8:52am Edited Date/Time 11/10/2022 8:52am
I see you ordered a Italian bride off the internet.. hehehe.. That's a nice looking 500.. Get your bride some saddle bags and your good to go!
11/10/2022 9:38am
Rear fender kit from Langs off road is a bitchen piece. Order a seat concept seat. The stock seat is hard as a rock. 22 had...

swordfish wrote:
You can pick up a Guts soft foam for a lot cheaper than a Seat Concepts complete seat.
My buddy ordered a gutts foam and seat cover kit for his Beta. I did not like the gutts set-up and I’m a gutts guy. The seat Concept was expensive and took over 3 months to get, but it works better for me.
langhammx
Fantasy
323rd
11/10/2022 9:44am
My buddy ordered a gutts foam and seat cover kit for his Beta. I did not like the gutts set-up and I’m a gutts guy. The...
My buddy ordered a gutts foam and seat cover kit for his Beta. I did not like the gutts set-up and I’m a gutts guy. The seat Concept was expensive and took over 3 months to get, but it works better for me.
Seat Concepts all day long !!
swordfish
11/10/2022 10:03am
My buddy ordered a gutts foam and seat cover kit for his Beta. I did not like the gutts set-up and I’m a gutts guy. The...
langhammx wrote:
Seat Concepts all day long !!
They are nice but I’ll live with some Monkey Butt before I shell out $400.
DA498
11/10/2022 10:10am
Hope to participate in a Beta ride day Dec 11 in CO. I think the 500 was one of the bikes to try. Im excited for the 300 and 350 Race Editions and 200 RR. Congrats on the new ride!!
langhammx
Fantasy
323rd
11/10/2022 11:40am
swordfish wrote:
They are nice but I’ll live with some Monkey Butt before I shell out $400.
To each their own bud
jeffro503
11/10/2022 12:46pm
Congrats on the new bike Spode!!

And Herb.....I swear every time I see a pic of your bike , I slobber all over myself. You did such an awesome job building that bike.
Crash217
11/11/2022 11:24am
Crash217 wrote:

TeamGreen wrote:
Don't have any photos of the setup, it was many phones ago. Basically I just stuck a 4" wide by 12ish inch long chunk of carbon fiber under the fender. It was about 1.5-2mm thick and just flexible enough to bow down and bolt to the tag mount just below the brake light, behind the tag. I used rivets on the fender just because they were a tad more flush under the graphics. It was barely noticeable from the side but it didn't let the fender/tag bounce around any more which kept the customer from destroying or losing tags. Some bikes have a lot of good bracing back there and it isn't a problem, that BMW G450x seemed to munch tags every time it got even a hint of roost on the fender.
DPW
11/11/2022 11:46am
nice bike, that's pretty cool that Beta allows you to build your own bike.
RDnutz
11/11/2022 12:17pm Edited Date/Time 11/11/2022 12:19pm
DA498 wrote:
Hope to participate in a Beta ride day Dec 11 in CO. I think the 500 was one of the bikes to try. Im excited for...
Hope to participate in a Beta ride day Dec 11 in CO. I think the 500 was one of the bikes to try. Im excited for the 300 and 350 Race Editions and 200 RR. Congrats on the new ride!!
where can I find more info on that Beta Ride day? I've had more fun on my 2022 X-Trainer this year than in the last 10 years combined. I'm down in 4-Corners and wonder if the bike day is worth the round trip?

thx
DA498
11/11/2022 1:17pm
Contact MotoAdventure in Loveland (970) 669-5377 and ask to get on the list.
DA498
11/11/2022 1:21pm
DA498 wrote:
Hope to participate in a Beta ride day Dec 11 in CO. I think the 500 was one of the bikes to try. Im excited for...
RDnutz wrote:
where can I find more info on that Beta Ride day? I've had more fun on my 2022 X-Trainer this year than in the last 10...
where can I find more info on that Beta Ride day? I've had more fun on my 2022 X-Trainer this year than in the last 10 years combined. I'm down in 4-Corners and wonder if the bike day is worth the round trip?

thx
Go to betausa.com and search demo days. There are some closer ride days in early ‘23 to you (Colorado Springs)
RDnutz
11/12/2022 8:38am
DA498 wrote:
RDnutz wrote:
where can I find more info on that Beta Ride day? I've had more fun on my 2022 X-Trainer this year than in the last 10...

thx
DA498 wrote:
Go to betausa.com and search demo days. There are some closer ride days in early ‘23 to you (Colorado Springs)
Thanks for the info! Much appreciated Smile
jbonemalone
11/12/2022 9:24am
I love my Beta 350 with all my heart.
But speaking as a fellow salt and pepper bearded fella, if you value the condition of your taint get a seat concepts asap.
11/12/2022 11:09am

What happened to this left side blinker? Is it broken? Does it swivel in place?

Post a reply to: Ordered this last Feb it finally came!

The Latest