Opinions are like...

reynardfan1
Fantasy
3669th
|
B DUB 333
3/20/2018 11:36am
Agreed. Good write up. I would think jgr is making him do pt though? He should be top 10 or even top 5 by now, unless he isn't biking 25 miles a day? Idk, he could get up to 450# and I'd still be eating his dust. The part about racism, he's right, zero chance, mx loves the Stewart's. I consider James the fastest ever-
TXDirt
3/20/2018 12:33pm
Malcolm Stewart is quite possibly the most talented 450SX rider on the line in 2018, but……

Man that's really stretching it and there has been zero evidence to support that opinion.

The Shop

reynardfan1
Fantasy
3669th
3/20/2018 12:52pm
TXDirt wrote:
[i]Malcolm Stewart is quite possibly the most talented 450SX rider on the line in 2018, but……[/i] Man that's really stretching it and there has been zero...
Malcolm Stewart is quite possibly the most talented 450SX rider on the line in 2018, but……

Man that's really stretching it and there has been zero evidence to support that opinion.
I agree. Yeah the kid is a natural...and he is fearless at times but to say he is the most talented is a stretch.

No disrespect, I love the Stewart’s...

I just think the article was slightly misinformed about a few things...
peelout
3/20/2018 12:54pm
lost me at "Malcolm Stewart is quite possibly the most talented 450SX rider on the line in 2018"
philG
3/20/2018 12:54pm
TXDirt wrote:
[i]Malcolm Stewart is quite possibly the most talented 450SX rider on the line in 2018, but……[/i] Man that's really stretching it and there has been zero...

I would say that there are far less talented riders who are delivering a lot more. Its not exactley a deep field right now is it. One regional title and no willingness to ride outdoors isnt going to have folk queueing at your door is it.
kkawboy14
3/20/2018 12:58pm Edited Date/Time 3/20/2018 1:00pm
Every rider out there can quad that jump, everyone of them. Having said that, the only guys that are willing to take the risk most of the times are the guys that can afford the risk. If you have to make it to the race next week, the chances are you will slow down a bit.

This idea of Malcolm wasting talent is in my opinion ridiculous. No way this guy knows how much effort Malcolm puts in daily and no way he knows how beat up Malcolm has been the last 2 years, mentally and physically. He assumes Malcolm is 100% healthy, mentally and physically and just doesn’t want to put in the work. For that reason I would disagree with most everything he stated and he stated it all almost as if it was fact.

His opinion is an uneducated opinion!
zehn
3/20/2018 1:02pm
kkawboy14 wrote:
Every rider out there can quad that jump, everyone of them. Having said that, the only guys that are willing to take the risk most of...
Every rider out there can quad that jump, everyone of them. Having said that, the only guys that are willing to take the risk most of the times are the guys that can afford the risk. If you have to make it to the race next week, the chances are you will slow down a bit.

This idea of Malcolm wasting talent is in my opinion ridiculous. No way this guy knows how much effort Malcolm puts in daily and no way he knows how beat up Malcolm has been the last 2 years, mentally and physically. He assumes Malcolm is 100% healthy, mentally and physically and just doesn’t want to put in the work. For that reason I would disagree with most everything he stated and he stated it all almost as if it was fact.

His opinion is an uneducated opinion!
This guy gets it
Donovan759
3/20/2018 1:04pm
peelout wrote:
lost me at "Malcolm Stewart is quite possibly the most talented 450SX rider on the line in 2018"
x2, 3, and 4
easydoesit
3/20/2018 5:47pm
I might be ignorant, but what proof is there that Malcolm Stewart is lazy and doesn't train?

Is this something that is whispered behind the scenes by the factory teams?
kkawboy14
3/20/2018 6:02pm
easydoesit wrote:
I might be ignorant, but what proof is there that Malcolm Stewart is lazy and doesn't train? Is this something that is whispered behind the scenes...
I might be ignorant, but what proof is there that Malcolm Stewart is lazy and doesn't train?

Is this something that is whispered behind the scenes by the factory teams?
The guys proof is that he came into the first race heavy. I would agree he may have seemed heavy. But was it because he was fishing 6 days a week and getting drunk everyday? I doubt it. Most riders think they are in shape until you are actually racing and then reality hits. It is impossible to race yourself into shape if you have come into the season as a Big Mac eatin stuffed burrito bbq baked potato head! You can only race yourself into shape from an injury if you were really close before you got injured.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
3/20/2018 6:04pm
Malcolm was set to go on a Kawi. Justin Bogle wasn't ready to go after his concussions, so Malcolm was brought in to fill in for him...which turned out to be a good thing for JGR. I'd guess that if JGR hadn't pulled the trigger, he'd be on Josh Grant's bike, instead.

As far as feeling cheated by Malcolm's fitness? I'm not sure which part of Malcolm's salary Chris is paying, but I'm guessing it rhymes with hero.

Malcolm told me before the LCQ that during his heat race crash, his shoulder had popped out...and back in. He was hurting. To go through the LCQ, and then finish tenth in the main, he was doing some good work.
kkawboy14
3/22/2018 6:23am
GuyB wrote:
Malcolm was set to go on a Kawi. Justin Bogle wasn't ready to go after his concussions, so Malcolm was brought in to fill in for...
Malcolm was set to go on a Kawi. Justin Bogle wasn't ready to go after his concussions, so Malcolm was brought in to fill in for him...which turned out to be a good thing for JGR. I'd guess that if JGR hadn't pulled the trigger, he'd be on Josh Grant's bike, instead.

As far as feeling cheated by Malcolm's fitness? I'm not sure which part of Malcolm's salary Chris is paying, but I'm guessing it rhymes with hero.

Malcolm told me before the LCQ that during his heat race crash, his shoulder had popped out...and back in. He was hurting. To go through the LCQ, and then finish tenth in the main, he was doing some good work.
Nice.....killing threads with facts? Such a waste of a good debate Smile
reynardfan1
Fantasy
3669th
3/22/2018 6:29am
GuyB wrote:
Malcolm was set to go on a Kawi. Justin Bogle wasn't ready to go after his concussions, so Malcolm was brought in to fill in for...

kkawboy14 wrote:
Nice.....killing threads with facts? Such a waste of a good debate Smile
Perfect
billyp330
3/22/2018 7:35am Edited Date/Time 3/22/2018 7:37am
Although I think Cooksey's article is a bit harsh, I do believe Malcom's fitness is what holds him back from doing better. Also, like others on here, I wouldn't say he is the most talented rider currently, though I do believe he is capable of top 5s. I, like Cooksey, have no idea how much work Malcom puts in during the week, however, I don't think it is too much of a leap to say he isn't on the fitness levels of the current top 5 riders. Does anyone here think Malcom is as fit as MM25, Tomac, Anderson, Baggot, or even guys like Brayton, Pieck, Barcia, etc??? IMO he is not and that is why he can't and won't beat those guys 90% of the time.

Was also not surprising at all that Malcom said on Monday's Pulp show that he wants the races to go back to 20 laps instead of 20 mins + 1 because the races are too long.

Edit: Props to OP for not including Stewart name in topic to ensure several replies and views
3/22/2018 7:54am
I think people should stop comparing Malcolm to James. Yes they are brothers but they are also two completely different people. Same with let’s say Peyton & Eli Manning. Malcolm shows great speed at times and I’d really like to see what he can do once his fitness is up to par with the top 5 guys. I think he will get there. Last week was a great ride for him. He’ll get it
agn5009
3/22/2018 7:59am
Everyone expects Malcom to be James. He's not. I don't understand why it's so hard to understand that Malcolm is a 10th place rider. There's nothing wrong with that. Everyone here would love to be as good on a dirt bike as Malcolm is.
Trudare69
3/22/2018 8:49am
agn5009 wrote:
Everyone expects Malcom to be James. He's not. I don't understand why it's so hard to understand that Malcolm is a 10th place rider. There's nothing...
Everyone expects Malcom to be James. He's not. I don't understand why it's so hard to understand that Malcolm is a 10th place rider. There's nothing wrong with that. Everyone here would love to be as good on a dirt bike as Malcolm is.
Going to go out on a limb here and bet that some of those consistently in the top 5 wish they could blitz the 'hoops as fast as Malcolm.....

Post a reply to: Opinions are like...

The Latest