Opinions anyone?

Craze
Edited Date/Time 1/26/2012 1:22pm
|
RACEGUY
6/25/2010 10:38am
Motors are reported to be brutally strong. Available suspensions are by renouned manufacturers (just not renouned in MX). Brakes are Brembos.

The rest is all just speculation. Why don't you buy one and tell us what you think.
kwhite199
6/25/2010 11:05am
Almost 40" seat height. Does it come with an escalator? Wink
Tiki
Fantasy
1670th
6/25/2010 11:06am
Check out the Dirt Track and Street. Made in the US. Initially I like it. They could use some design refinements but overall I like what they are about. Lets give them 10 years and see what happens.

The Shop

Craze
6/25/2010 11:39am
RACEGUY wrote:
Motors are reported to be brutally strong. Available suspensions are by renouned manufacturers (just not renouned in MX). Brakes are Brembos. The rest is all just...
Motors are reported to be brutally strong. Available suspensions are by renouned manufacturers (just not renouned in MX). Brakes are Brembos.

The rest is all just speculation. Why don't you buy one and tell us what you think.
Supposedly, you can test ride them at the factory in Tulsa, Ok. Buy one?..........LOL
DanDunes818
6/25/2010 11:55am
Actually looks pretty trick for a 1 off company. I wish a company like that could hire a rider to race the nationals without having to make a shit load of them like the GP's do it. The way the ama is set up now it's virtually impossible for a start up company like those guys to break into racing.

Kind of curious how much it weighs though. The fact that the spec sheet leaves out the weight makes me think it's more then they care to advertise.
6/25/2010 12:00pm Edited Date/Time 6/25/2010 12:02pm
Actually looks pretty trick for a 1 off company. I wish a company like that could hire a rider to race the nationals without having to...
Actually looks pretty trick for a 1 off company. I wish a company like that could hire a rider to race the nationals without having to make a shit load of them like the GP's do it. The way the ama is set up now it's virtually impossible for a start up company like those guys to break into racing.

Kind of curious how much it weighs though. The fact that the spec sheet leaves out the weight makes me think it's more then they care to advertise.
Yep. I understand why they do it but at the same time you are right, it sux for a 1 off co. I was wondering about the weight too. E-start = what 9 lbs or so. The Enduro is 258lbs.

Found the MX version pdf. 247 lbs dry.
http://www.ushighland.com/images2/mx.pdf
ATKpilot99
6/25/2010 12:12pm
Actually looks pretty trick for a 1 off company. I wish a company like that could hire a rider to race the nationals without having to...

They could use the one year prototype exemption to get their foot in the door . Then after that I think a smaller manufacturer only has to produce 200 units as opposed to the 400 the big 5 have to produce. They're built here now so shipping is not an issue . The thing is on the website you can custom order the bike to your specs. Wonder what their actual production run will be like.
RACEGUY
6/25/2010 12:31pm
Do all the off-road series follow the same homologation formula? I'm thinkin' a little bark-bashin' would be a good showcase and proving ground.

Then, there's dirt track!!
ATKpilot99
6/25/2010 1:17pm
RACEGUY wrote:
Do all the off-road series follow the same homologation formula? I'm thinkin' a little bark-bashin' would be a good showcase and proving ground. Then, there's dirt...
Do all the off-road series follow the same homologation formula? I'm thinkin' a little bark-bashin' would be a good showcase and proving ground.

Then, there's dirt track!!
Here's some race results from their website.

http://www.ushighland.com/USHighlandRacingNews

Post a reply to: Opinions anyone?

The Latest