Opeing Ceremonies Suck Now

enketchum
2/2/2014 8:51pm Edited Date/Time 2/3/2014 12:19pm
Nothing fun or special happened at A3 Opening Ceremonies.

The only thing we got was Reed doing a nacnac over the triple.

They dropped some banners off the outfield wall with 5, 7, and 22 on them. They then raised some giant picture of RV in center field.

What happened to Hot Laps with the top guys? What happened to wheelies, nose wheelies, heel clickers, transfers, nacnacs, walking out of the crowd, jumping out of the raised sections, and all the fun stuff?

All the riders did was ride around the foul lines and some did wheelies. They have far less fireworks, too.

It was boring. Opening Ceremonies were once fun and exciting. I was sad.

Look how exciting this used to look:

|
Ride Smooth
2/2/2014 9:07pm
We noticed that as well. No fireworks off the top of the stadium this week. Maybe after A2, they expected less fans in the stands and decided against spending the money? OR, maybe they figure a lot of the same fans would be there and have seen it all already. Either way, have to imagine opening ceremonies will get back to normal (ie: better than A3) starting this week in San Diego. And since K-Dub was up in the booth for A3, he probably didn't have time to do his awesome transfer and get back up to the booth in time for the start of the broadcast.
Some fan still got stoked out during opening ceremonies, taking home Shorty's helmet.
Do people prefer when they show the intro videos for each of the top guys or no?
enketchum
2/2/2014 9:48pm
The canned intro videos were always funny or comically not funny. They only did those for the top 3 or 4, though.

At A2 RC did the lap with Windham and then went into the booth for the night show for FS1. He did both
JM485
2/2/2014 9:53pm
What? I was pretty damn happy with the ceremonies at Oakland. We didn't have any crazy transfers or anything, but the firework show is still awesome! I wonder if the teams will not let the riders do any tricks or anything that would risk injury? I honestly still think they are awesome still, and definitely don't "suck now".
erikcrvjl
2/2/2014 11:30pm
Opening ceremonies were fine in Phoenix.

The Shop

The Rock
2/2/2014 11:34pm
I miss the jets flying over Sam Boyd Stadium.....and man what a grand finale of fireworks after the 450 main.
hvaughn88
2/3/2014 4:02am Edited Date/Time 2/3/2014 4:02am
I'm not sure how things are going out there, but with the drought conditions maybe the fireworks have been put on hold? That's a guess from across the country so I could be way off base
yak651
Fantasy
168th
2/3/2014 5:17am
Using that money to pay the riders more? Lower the ticket prices? Hmmm, guess it wasn't those two things...
2/3/2014 7:25am
Flying from Oz to SoCal just for A1 next year and after all the intros I've seen from Nitro Circus to Crusty Demons I just know A1 will be spectacular. Personally give me the atmosphere, riders and visuals and you'll give me goosebumps straight away. Anyway, enough of my blabbering what I really wanted to ask is there any where I can see the full ceremonies professionally filmed? There's always snippets in the broadcast of the races but is there anywhere I can watch it where it isn't filmed in a phone?
mx295
2/3/2014 9:52am
Does Angry Sounding Deep Voiced Man still do the rider intros?
Yep
enketchum
2/3/2014 11:44am
Flying from Oz to SoCal just for A1 next year and after all the intros I've seen from Nitro Circus to Crusty Demons I just know...
Flying from Oz to SoCal just for A1 next year and after all the intros I've seen from Nitro Circus to Crusty Demons I just know A1 will be spectacular. Personally give me the atmosphere, riders and visuals and you'll give me goosebumps straight away. Anyway, enough of my blabbering what I really wanted to ask is there any where I can see the full ceremonies professionally filmed? There's always snippets in the broadcast of the races but is there anywhere I can watch it where it isn't filmed in a phone?
I am sure they could be interesting and fun if it's your first time. But for the rest of us, they are going down hill in terms of excitement instead of increasing. I am sure anyone who has been to Anaheims in years past will tell you this
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
2/3/2014 11:50am
enketchum wrote:
Nothing fun or special happened at A3 Opening Ceremonies. The only thing we got was Reed doing a nacnac over the triple. They dropped some banners...
Nothing fun or special happened at A3 Opening Ceremonies.

The only thing we got was Reed doing a nacnac over the triple.

They dropped some banners off the outfield wall with 5, 7, and 22 on them. They then raised some giant picture of RV in center field.

What happened to Hot Laps with the top guys? What happened to wheelies, nose wheelies, heel clickers, transfers, nacnacs, walking out of the crowd, jumping out of the raised sections, and all the fun stuff?

All the riders did was ride around the foul lines and some did wheelies. They have far less fireworks, too.

It was boring. Opening Ceremonies were once fun and exciting. I was sad.

Look how exciting this used to look:

Crying is in vogue. You should have made it in front of a camera. Smile
peelout
2/3/2014 11:52am
it's funny... one week we have people complaining that the show is too much like a circus or monster trucks... the next we have people complaining that the opening ceremony isn't entertaining enough without fireworks...

can't please them all.

i'll miss going to SLC this year, first year in probably 10+ that i haven't at least gone to a single round live... but i do have the national to go to so not all is bad
crf250pilot
2/3/2014 12:17pm
erikcrvjl wrote:
Opening ceremonies were fine in Phoenix.
Ya, i thought PHX was great too. Guess they blew their wad at the 1st 2 Anaheim rounds.
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
2/3/2014 12:19pm
peelout wrote:
it's funny... one week we have people complaining that the show is too much like a circus or monster trucks... the next we have people complaining...
it's funny... one week we have people complaining that the show is too much like a circus or monster trucks... the next we have people complaining that the opening ceremony isn't entertaining enough without fireworks...

can't please them all.

i'll miss going to SLC this year, first year in probably 10+ that i haven't at least gone to a single round live... but i do have the national to go to so not all is bad
No doubt.

Post a reply to: Opeing Ceremonies Suck Now

The Latest