Only 3 Concussions?

Original 44
Edited Date/Time 3/25/2012 9:57pm
Did anyone catch James say in his TV interview that he has had only 3 concussions?
|
Mstock
3/24/2012 7:51pm
He lost 6 since his ESPN interview several years ago. Time does wonders. So does bullshit.
BR_HERO
3/24/2012 7:55pm
Did he say he got a concussion from last weekends crash? I couldn't hear the whole interview because it was to loud where i was watching from.
KTMLew
3/24/2012 8:09pm
Did anyone catch James say in his TV interview that he has had only 3 concussions?
Probably three this year...he's been on the ground more than my mom's tombstone...
BD49
3/24/2012 8:43pm
Mstock wrote:
He lost 6 since his ESPN interview several years ago. Time does wonders. So does bullshit.
Yea.....it's in this video (around the 6:30 mark) the guy said that he has had 7 concussions.

I like James. I have always liked James and I find it hard NOT to cheer for a guy that says, "I will die trying to win."

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=4107959

The Shop

mx 219
Fantasy
974th
3/24/2012 8:48pm Edited Date/Time 3/24/2012 8:51pm
the problem is he has the wrong goals..he wanted the most race wins not championships...well guess what typically comes with championships, wins. You dont win titles without some wins (exception Ferry)...he wanted to be the fastest racer not the best and that is what he was, not sure he still is or ever will be again. But James certainly was the fastest in the mid 2000's, but the fastest is not always the best. Honestly, he could have been both the fastest and best if he had had the right goals in mind, but he chose the path he took. I feel bad for him, but honestly he brought this on himself with some of his decisions.

Not racing nationals hurt him and kept him from being in that state of mind year round and riding the Yamaha has not helped. Not saying its the bike, but now it is clearly in his mind. Another thing to consider is all the crashes, Jeremy said after a while your start riding scared (after taking so many hits) I think that is where James is (at least a little bit) he's not even the same as last year.
Trent179
3/24/2012 9:58pm
His concussion at the 125 east west shootout counts as 3! He got knocked the fuck out!
Brent
3/24/2012 10:10pm
For how many years did James try to gap the field at more ludicrous speed than he ever needed to win, only wad himself up while leading? He could have extended his career a lot longer if his people told him to put his ego away and do just enough to win with less risk.

All those needless crashes and concussions are catching up to him now, and it's really sad. I'm a huge fan, but the guy seems to be just s shell of who he used to be...
3/24/2012 11:34pm
Mstock wrote:
so your telling me james has said he has more in the past? proof please. otherwise youre the one with the bullshit.
Mstock
3/25/2012 12:53am
Mstock wrote:
BD49 wrote:
Yea.....it's in this video (around the 6:30 mark) the guy said that he has had 7 concussions. I like James. I have always liked James and...
Yea.....it's in this video (around the 6:30 mark) the guy said that he has had 7 concussions.

I like James. I have always liked James and I find it hard NOT to cheer for a guy that says, "I will die trying to win."

What he said.
3/25/2012 3:01am
Didn't he get one just last year at Daytona? So that was his second ever? Don't tell me he didn't cause he could barely hop on his bike after that wreck.....
WhKnuckle
3/25/2012 5:13am Edited Date/Time 3/25/2012 5:14am
Depends on what you call a concussion. That's not a black-white definition like a broken arm. Any real hard hit to the head is a "concussion", but he's probably referring to cases where he was knocked completely unconscious for an extended length of time. You see football players get hit in the head and wander around like they don't know where they are, maybe walk off the field to the wrong sideline - that's a concussion, but a mild one. Stewart has had a BUNCH of those. But maybe only 3 times when he was out cold for an extended period of time? That's possible.

In '01, Pastrana had three serious concussions in one year. I think concussions happen more than people realize, but most of them are relatively mild.
3/25/2012 5:20am
WhKnuckle wrote:
Depends on what you call a concussion. That's not a black-white definition like a broken arm. Any real hard hit to the head is a "concussion"...
Depends on what you call a concussion. That's not a black-white definition like a broken arm. Any real hard hit to the head is a "concussion", but he's probably referring to cases where he was knocked completely unconscious for an extended length of time. You see football players get hit in the head and wander around like they don't know where they are, maybe walk off the field to the wrong sideline - that's a concussion, but a mild one. Stewart has had a BUNCH of those. But maybe only 3 times when he was out cold for an extended period of time? That's possible.

In '01, Pastrana had three serious concussions in one year. I think concussions happen more than people realize, but most of them are relatively mild.
YUUUP
burnside
3/25/2012 5:21am
This whole thing about his hand sounds fishy. Even Emig sounded confused.. Let me get this right, you broke your hand but you were cleared to race and might be back this weekend and you only learnt your hand was broke when you tried to open a bottle of water? I hope Bubs doesn't recoil into his cave of weirdness and white lies. Doubt JGR boys would let that happen though. Being a #couchpotato might seem like a somewhat attractive proposition compared to attempting to compete with RV though.
bobby397
3/25/2012 6:05am
he didnt get one last weekend according to the test done at the track. hurt pride!
3/25/2012 7:30am
bobby397 wrote:
he didnt get one last weekend according to the test done at the track. hurt pride!
Apparently he "barely passed" the baseline test performed at the track.
Jakes Dad
3/25/2012 7:42am
Heard about the hand yesterday morning.
Kinda ironic same thing with my kid bad crash x-ray and mri on right elbow, it was nasty swelled and bruised. Only large hematoma went down in a few days, went to shoot a basketball and I saw him wince in pain. Back to Ortho and found 2 fractures in opposite wrist he wasn't even aware of.
FARANG
3/25/2012 7:47am
burnside wrote:
This whole thing about his hand sounds fishy. Even Emig sounded confused.. Let me get this right, you broke your hand but you were cleared to...
This whole thing about his hand sounds fishy. Even Emig sounded confused.. Let me get this right, you broke your hand but you were cleared to race and might be back this weekend and you only learnt your hand was broke when you tried to open a bottle of water? I hope Bubs doesn't recoil into his cave of weirdness and white lies. Doubt JGR boys would let that happen though. Being a #couchpotato might seem like a somewhat attractive proposition compared to attempting to compete with RV though.
The story also confused me momentarily, until I considered the source of this confusing/conflicting information and the history of BS surrounding the Stewart camp. At that point everything kind of fell into place and I stopped trying to figure it out.
BD49
3/25/2012 7:50am
I love all the message board orthopedics we have here.
burnside
3/25/2012 8:16am
burnside wrote:
This whole thing about his hand sounds fishy. Even Emig sounded confused.. Let me get this right, you broke your hand but you were cleared to...
FARANG wrote:
The story also confused me momentarily, until I considered the source of this confusing/conflicting information and the history of BS surrounding the Stewart camp. At that...
The story also confused me momentarily, until I considered the source of this confusing/conflicting information and the history of BS surrounding the Stewart camp. At that point everything kind of fell into place and I stopped trying to figure it out.
haha. Wonder if the lingering injuries will last all summer too? I just hope he doesn't get too weird and go off the radar again. We won't even be able to blame Larry Brookes this time.

Reed would have ridden this weekend, just saying. Wink haha
3/25/2012 8:47am
It's amazing how many guys there are on Vital who have never, will never and could never win anything, who want to give advice to a multi-time ama champion. When he starts listening to compu-tards on message boards, then we'll know he's really in trouble.
3/25/2012 9:04am
so your telling me james has said he has more in the past? proof please. otherwise youre the one with the bullshit.
BD49 wrote:
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=4107959 6:30 mark should do the trick.....

6:30 mark should do the trick.....
nope sorry. that didnt work. or maybe you just had trouble reading what i wrote. see, i asked if JAMES has said it. thanks though.
jeffro503
3/25/2012 9:38am
Concussions...PFFTT!!.....whatever!

Wait.....where am I?...........what day is it? .....and how the hell did I get here?

BTW.....concussions are nothing to play around with and can have serious side affects later in life. BUT.....concussions also affect everyone differently. Depends on who the person is , how much of an impact that certain person can take and recover. Some get their careers ended after one really bad one.....some get 100's of smaller ones ( like football players ).....and do just fine the rest of their life.

Bottom line.......it's up to that certain individual to make the right decision. And only James himself know when it's time to throw in the towel.......personally I don't think he's ready to step away just yet. He still has serious speed and has night where he rides flawless. I gotta say though.....I have never ( in 35 yrs of watching this sport ) seen a guy be able to take the abuse like he has.....and keep going. The dude has heart.....that is for sure!
3/25/2012 10:18am
It's obvious he can be honest with himself, why would he be honest with the public?
3/25/2012 10:39am
It's amazing how many guys there are on Vital who have never, will never and could never win anything, who want to give advice to a...
It's amazing how many guys there are on Vital who have never, will never and could never win anything, who want to give advice to a multi-time ama champion. When he starts listening to compu-tards on message boards, then we'll know he's really in trouble.
He listened to the vital tards when they posted encouragement support and well wishes.

Even wrote them back
3/25/2012 10:54am
still amazed that you guys are believing someone other than james stewart. when he says something, its not true. but when someone says something about him, its automatically true.
steve_97060
3/25/2012 12:09pm
still amazed that you guys are believing someone other than james stewart. when he says something, its not true. but when someone says something about him...
still amazed that you guys are believing someone other than james stewart. when he says something, its not true. but when someone says something about him, its automatically true.
of course, this is vital, home of the self righteous know it alls..

they have an answer for everything, just ask em..
jasonv43
3/25/2012 12:17pm
How many concussions has his bike had?
3/25/2012 12:29pm
burnside wrote:
FARANG wrote:
The story also confused me momentarily, until I considered the source of this confusing/conflicting information and the history of BS surrounding the Stewart camp. At that...
burnside wrote:
haha. Wonder if the lingering injuries will last all summer too? I just hope he doesn't get too weird and go off the radar again. We...
haha. Wonder if the lingering injuries will last all summer too? I just hope he doesn't get too weird and go off the radar again. We won't even be able to blame Larry Brookes this time.

Reed would have ridden this weekend, just saying. Wink haha
Your posts are hilarious lolzlozl.

Post a reply to: Only 3 Concussions?

The Latest