Online Maintenance and Setup Logbook- would like some feedback

The Moto Log
Edited Date/Time 11/29/2020 1:07pm
Hey guys. I have put together a digital version of my paper Moto Log, and would like to share it with you. It is in the beginning stages, and I realize there will need to be tweaks to some things along the way. I'd urge everyone to use it and please share some constructive criticism. I realize this isn't for everybody, and some of you may think its worthless and sucks balls. And that's ok. But I think it will help, and is extremely useful. Its completely free to sign up and use. You can find it here-

logbook.themotolog.com

Thanks in advance. Im looking forward to hear what you guys think.
|
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
11/27/2020 7:57am
I like the idea. I don't like that I have to put in my vin number just to add a bike. I also think this would be really really good as an app instead of a website.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
11/27/2020 9:46am
This was the way to go back in the day but a digital version or app is a great idea. Hope yours does well for you. Cool

The Moto Log
11/27/2020 9:56am
lostboy819 wrote:
This was the way to go back in the day but a digital version or app is a great idea. Hope yours does well for you...
This was the way to go back in the day but a digital version or app is a great idea. Hope yours does well for you. Cool

I didn’t even know that existed. That’s pretty cool, I’ll have to look into that
The Moto Log
11/27/2020 9:57am
mattyhamz2 wrote:
I like the idea. I don't like that I have to put in my vin number just to add a bike. I also think this would...
I like the idea. I don't like that I have to put in my vin number just to add a bike. I also think this would be really really good as an app instead of a website.
App is the next step in the process. End goal is deffinately a mobile based solution. Thanks for the feedback

The Shop

mister2dt
11/27/2020 10:39am
Friend of mine developed this app several years ago. Used it on all of my bikes. Easy to keep track of it all
Moto_Geek
Fantasy
1464th
11/27/2020 10:49am
mister2dt wrote:
Friend of mine developed this app several years ago. Used it on all of my bikes. Easy to keep track of it all [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/11/27/462128/s1200_BE6F8B9A_A330_4BAC_86F5_3CCEE224267D.jpg[/img]
Friend of mine developed this app several years ago. Used it on all of my bikes. Easy to keep track of it all
Bummer no android support..
Moto_Geek
Fantasy
1464th
11/27/2020 10:54am
mattyhamz2 wrote:
I like the idea. I don't like that I have to put in my vin number just to add a bike. I also think this would...
Agree with the app first methodology for this if you want longevity of use. If your building it with .NET technologies, I can point you in the right direction. Xamarin easy to build apps with and support Android and Apple in one code string. Your website could just be how to download it.
DM268
11/28/2020 12:40am
I setup a google sheet (excel basically) in my google drive. I just have different tabs for my different bikes. I can have access to it anytime I have internet with any device as in phone, ipad, computer. Works great instead of just excel because then it would be a running email if I wanted it used between devices, but with the google sheets it is updated automatically in your google drive.
The Moto Log
11/28/2020 6:56am
DM268 wrote:
I setup a google sheet (excel basically) in my google drive. I just have different tabs for my different bikes. I can have access to it...
I setup a google sheet (excel basically) in my google drive. I just have different tabs for my different bikes. I can have access to it anytime I have internet with any device as in phone, ipad, computer. Works great instead of just excel because then it would be a running email if I wanted it used between devices, but with the google sheets it is updated automatically in your google drive.
Ive heard of people doing that as well. Im hoping this may bridge the gap between those who are willing/have the know-how to use something like Google Sheets and those who aren't. Thanks for your feedback
kage173
11/28/2020 9:29am
DM268 wrote:
I setup a google sheet (excel basically) in my google drive. I just have different tabs for my different bikes. I can have access to it...
I did the same thing and it works pretty well. You can connect it to excel to crank out reports and see trends.

There also used to be an app out the but it was geared more to street bikes.

To the OP thanks bro. I'm going to give your thing a shot and will give you some feedback. Ive got 3 dirtbikes, a streetbike and a quad in my garage so itll help to get that organized
captmoto
11/29/2020 12:15pm
It doesn't matter how well you take care of your bike, no one will believe your notes anyway. You've all seen it too many times here. Fresh top end and torqued sprocket bolts and all.
The Moto Log
11/29/2020 1:07pm
captmoto wrote:
It doesn't matter how well you take care of your bike, no one will believe your notes anyway. You've all seen it too many times here...
It doesn't matter how well you take care of your bike, no one will believe your notes anyway. You've all seen it too many times here. Fresh top end and torqued sprocket bolts and all.
Like I said, it's not for everybody. But it is useful to some. Thanks for your feedback.
DM268
11/29/2020 10:25pm
Yes it is very useful to some! It's great that you're trying to make a product that can help people out. I have 7 bikes and it gets tough remembering which bike I did what to. Like I said before I use Google Sheets but that was because I couldn't find a product to use. One thing that I really like that I created, on my Google Sheet as well is I setup a tab for comparing prices on various sites and include the part numbers as well since I have 3 cr125's (03,05 and 07) and 3 cr250s (03, 03 and 06) and it works well for me seeing what parts are interchangeable. I don't really use it for selling bikes (I usually keep my bikes since they are getting hard to find and I like knowing everything that I have been done to them) Even as a buyer though, yes you don't know know if that person just made up the maintenance log, but you just can hope they are being honest about it. If it isn't made up it also shows the type of person you are buying from. For example I would rather buy a vehicle or toy from some older person, than some 20 year kid.

Post a reply to: Online Maintenance and Setup Logbook- would like some feedback

The Latest