One of worst tracks I’ve ever seen

Wiff3
6/17/2018 8:37am
After watching the footage of Durham's race from his perspective, I couldn't pick one spot on the track that I would feel comfortable getting above 3rd gear in. Lol. It really just shows the HUGE difference in talent level between a Pro, and an old weekend warrior. Not to mention the top guys like Eli and Marvin.
BR8ES
6/17/2018 8:52am
BR8ES wrote:
So slot-o-cross is the acceptable modern form of MX?
You realize the race line changes as the motos progresses? At redbud it goes from middle to the outsides back to the middle. Redbud is a...
You realize the race line changes as the motos progresses? At redbud it goes from middle to the outsides back to the middle. Redbud is a different rough. Pliable. Mt Morris is rock hard and deep. you’re not blasting new lines through the main 3-5. They just get deep and treacherous. It’s far from slot racing. You focus in on the top 2 who have found the fastest line and are attached to each other. The rest of the field was using that track and there was plenty of racing going on.
Of course I realise that... foot deep ruts don't change though.
agn5009
6/17/2018 8:59am
agn5009 wrote:
Look at this crazy supercross track!!! (Sarcasm) [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/06/17/268765/s1200_IMG_20180616_135059.jpg[/img]
Look at this crazy supercross track!!! (Sarcasm)

.kyle wrote:
Well done for picking out the most mx like sections of it *rolls eyes (no sarcasm)*. Thankfully they know how to have a decent track at...
Well done for picking out the most mx like sections of it *rolls eyes (no sarcasm)*. Thankfully they know how to have a decent track at Lombardia!
Well, since what you see there is about 70% of the track.....

The Shop

DC
6/17/2018 9:13am Edited Date/Time 6/17/2018 9:14am
Level, if you're going to call me a douchebag like you originally just posted, please own it, don't erase it.

DC
Racer X
BR8ES
6/17/2018 9:15am
^^^ Didn't see that... not cool or fair to say.
Samuel
6/17/2018 9:26am
The tracks have been great this year. Best year I think I've seen for track prep. We asked for less "rut-o-cross", and we've gotten it. It seemed like a few years ago, every track was tilled deep and watered, so the ruts would form throughout the entire track. now we've got rough chop where it should be and the ruts where they should be. I wouldn't even mind a deep ripped track or two on the series, but for the most part, keep it like it has been. Jeremy Martin seems to miss the slot tracks from his comments after the first 3 rounds.
Johnny Depp
6/17/2018 9:37am
Any rider, like JMart or Marvin, who has worked their tail off too excel in a certain type of discipline that others don't, of course wants a track that plays into their advantage. Chad comes to mind. The same happens in SX, lots of practice and perfecting huge whoops means the guys that are good at them want them to beat guys that don't. We don't hear Marvin asking for more whoops do we?
6/17/2018 10:07am
When the series promoter argues with an anonymous opinion commenter.....
hamncheeze
6/17/2018 10:12am
I will say for the 1st motos I was maybe not as big of a fan of the track. It seemed like there was one line that was better almost everywhere and in some cases the lappers really affected the racing as they were in that line. Tomac especially got screwed by the lappers before Marv caught him, but full credit to Marvin for figuring out some alternative lines. 2nd motos it seemed to me that the main lines were more "even" in speed and that resulted in better racing and maybe a bit less interference by the lappers.
Tarz483
Fantasy
665th
6/17/2018 10:14am
I Have been there in person
And I think they Do the Best job they can with the track
Imo it's not that they arent doing a good job
Its just this weird clay that gets hard baked through out the day and choppy and there isnt any thing that can be done to
Change that , like someone else said not a place I would choose to ride for fun.

mx_563
6/17/2018 10:38am
My first thought was also a negative one with regards to the track. BUT....I'm one of the people that was complaining about every track being the same. Same dirt, same prep, same depth, etc. So in a way, I'm glad the track was different. Furthermore....when you have guys that have grown accustomed to racing deep loam week in and week out, maybe it takes them a couple of rounds before they can make full use of a track like yesterday's high point. Some of the Euro tracks don't look any better but seem to have more passing. Just an observation/opinion.
SKlein
6/17/2018 10:39am Edited Date/Time 6/17/2018 10:40am
DC wrote:
That’s okay, Level, we will stick with DeCoster’s advice.

DC
Racer X

level wrote:
Lol. Ok since he is your god it sounds like. Keep name dropping there buddy. Didn’t know you were going to get all butt hurt over...
Lol. Ok since he is your god it sounds like. Keep name dropping there buddy. Didn’t know you were going to get all butt hurt over my opinion.
It only seems like one side is hurt between the two of you. (hint: it's not DC)

Track was a nice change from the first three.
moto589
6/17/2018 10:51am
Been going to the Nationals at Steel City, High Point, and Red Bud off and on since 2002. Yesterday I brought my wife, 5 year old son, and 6 year old son.

Everyone had a great time and it's something my kids will never forget. High Point was awesome.

A lot of spectator areas were lost because of the new layout and all these silly VIP sections. Hopefully this gets better in the future. Aside from that, I have to give a huge THANK YOU to DC and his crew. Well done!
KennyT
Fantasy
233rd
6/17/2018 10:56am Edited Date/Time 6/17/2018 10:57am
I’m not a fan of deep ruts at all. On tv it looked pretty decent yesterday and the battle for the lead was amazing

Someone mentioned VIP areas. They might infringe on viewing but I think to survive, the Nationals need to offer up those type of comfort packages. It’s just the way it goes, you can’t blame them for wanting to make a little money.

Cities have lost NFL teams because the teams needed stadiums with corporate suites. If I’m only going to make 1-2 Nationals a year I’m all for going all out and paying for a few extra goodies
level
6/17/2018 10:58am
DC wrote:
Level, if you're going to call me a douchebag like you originally just posted, please own it, don't erase it.

DC
Racer X
I figured it wasn’t appropriate so I took it down. But ok then. Fucking prick butt hurt douchebag ? Is that what you wanted?
level
6/17/2018 10:59am Edited Date/Time 6/17/2018 11:02am
DC wrote:

DC
Racer X

level wrote:
Lol. Ok since he is your god it sounds like. Keep name dropping there buddy. Didn’t know you were going to get all butt hurt over...
Lol. Ok since he is your god it sounds like. Keep name dropping there buddy. Didn’t know you were going to get all butt hurt over my opinion.
SKlein wrote:
It only seems like one side is hurt between the two of you. (hint: it's not DC)

Track was a nice change from the first three.
I haven’t done anything. He’s the one attacking me and being a smartass. I’m just repaying the favor. I never once said anything about dc. He called me out in a smartass way. Maybe you need to re read the thread or you just like kissing up to him. I just stated my opinion on the track but after more thought it is what is is and I think they did as best a job as they could like I said but he’s just pissy at me for some reason.
MXMattii
6/17/2018 11:05am
Host one week before "The National" a ATV National at the track. That will make it a real old skool blue groove track. Then water it like your lady does her flowers, very gently so those blue grooves doesn't become to slippery. Little question does the local club the track prep or MX Sports?

https://youtu.be/QkDkQzFZc98?rel=0&showinfo=0

https://youtu.be/M9i0obL34YY?rel=0&showinfo=0
6/17/2018 11:16am
level wrote:
I haven’t done anything. He’s the one attacking me and being a smartass. I’m just repaying the favor. I never once said anything about dc. He...
I haven’t done anything. He’s the one attacking me and being a smartass. I’m just repaying the favor. I never once said anything about dc. He called me out in a smartass way. Maybe you need to re read the thread or you just like kissing up to him. I just stated my opinion on the track but after more thought it is what is is and I think they did as best a job as they could like I said but he’s just pissy at me for some reason.
You claim that you can give better advice than Roger DeCoster on motocross tracks? And DC is the smartass?
early
Fantasy
2231st
6/17/2018 11:19am
One of the worst threads I've ever seen
6/17/2018 11:20am
Dc, off topic but what the hell happen to the track today for the local race? My buddy couldn’t even make it up the tunnel jump due to the mud/clay. Said it was horrible. Any idea why? Track looked good yesterday.....
level
6/17/2018 11:28am
level wrote:
I haven’t done anything. He’s the one attacking me and being a smartass. I’m just repaying the favor. I never once said anything about dc. He...
You claim that you can give better advice than Roger DeCoster on motocross tracks? And DC is the smartass?
I never said that. At all. He asked me to come if I could do it better and I said surely. He was being a smartass so I was being one back. I swear people just have no reading comprehension.

Listen this is the last thing I’m going to say on this to make it clear for the millionth time then I am walking away from this thread. It’s taking a bad turn so I won’t read any more this thread after I post this. I’ve said all I wanted to say.

My initial thoughts on the track were not good. After thought and even then I knew there are factors that go into play like weather and dirt and equipment and the bikes tearing the track up. Dc got mad and became a smartass and so I stood up for myself. That’s all.
Overall I’m a huge fan and have a lot of respect for what dc and the track owners and builders do. I couldn’t do it any better. I may be able to if I tried but we will never know.
Dc I am sorry. I never wanted to call you names but you asked for it. I deleted it and you egged me on still. Keep up the great work. See now maybe everyone will be happy. Geez. I hate when threads take a turn like this. That’s when it’s time to walk away. I also created the poll about me to lighten the mood.
cody41
6/17/2018 11:28am
early wrote:
One of the worst threads I've ever seen
X2
Autotech1957
6/17/2018 11:29am
Hi Point was a perfect execution of the deep prep deep water style of track. It was not all the way around, there were multiple line...
Hi Point was a perfect execution of the deep prep deep water style of track. It was not all the way around, there were multiple line choices developed and it was even on some jump faces (which most tracks won't touch). If you are out to simulate a track that has been rained on, this is what you get. As stated, as an example of a variety of track surfaces, this is a good ONE for the world's elite riders.

Jody started this at Glen Helen and now every track operator does the same thing. Monkey see monkey do. How tough can we make it? Tracks complain about the time and expense of track prep, and not enough riders showing up to pay the bills, yet they keep delivering a product that is tailored to the best in the world for weekend warriors, and much more expensive to maintain. Every rider wants to train to be a Pro, and track owners all want to develop a rider like the Martin brothers. On my Facebook feed alone, 2 central TX riders had surgery from crashes yesterday, 1 femur and one forearm landed on. Exactly why riders switch to off road. A bunch of sissies I guess around here.
Premix wrote:
Have you ever ridden an AM or PM GNCC race. Makes highpoint look like a paved highway. I swear 95% of the people on this forum...
Have you ever ridden an AM or PM GNCC race. Makes highpoint look like a paved highway. I swear 95% of the people on this forum don’t race and are just casual fans looking for something to bitch about.
Makes me giggle when guys infer "going off-road racing" is a lessor skilled form/easier type of riding. Most can't make it through a 30 minute moto. Try going 2-4 hours.
Premix
6/17/2018 11:39am Edited Date/Time 6/17/2018 11:40am
level wrote:
I never said that. At all. He asked me to come if I could do it better and I said surely. He was being a smartass...
I never said that. At all. He asked me to come if I could do it better and I said surely. He was being a smartass so I was being one back. I swear people just have no reading comprehension.

Listen this is the last thing I’m going to say on this to make it clear for the millionth time then I am walking away from this thread. It’s taking a bad turn so I won’t read any more this thread after I post this. I’ve said all I wanted to say.

My initial thoughts on the track were not good. After thought and even then I knew there are factors that go into play like weather and dirt and equipment and the bikes tearing the track up. Dc got mad and became a smartass and so I stood up for myself. That’s all.
Overall I’m a huge fan and have a lot of respect for what dc and the track owners and builders do. I couldn’t do it any better. I may be able to if I tried but we will never know.
Dc I am sorry. I never wanted to call you names but you asked for it. I deleted it and you egged me on still. Keep up the great work. See now maybe everyone will be happy. Geez. I hate when threads take a turn like this. That’s when it’s time to walk away. I also created the poll about me to lighten the mood.
Honestly, you came off like a d bag the entire thread then backpedaled when DC called you out.

Since you’re the self proclaimed expert track builder/conditions guru, I am now claiming the status of Vital Doctor and diganoising you as manic depressive. Make sure you take your meds before bed tonight.
level
6/17/2018 12:49pm Edited Date/Time 6/17/2018 12:57pm
level wrote:
I never said that. At all. He asked me to come if I could do it better and I said surely. He was being a smartass...

Premix wrote:
Honestly, you came off like a d bag the entire thread then backpedaled when DC called you out. Since you’re the self proclaimed expert track builder/conditions...
Honestly, you came off like a d bag the entire thread then backpedaled when DC called you out.

Since you’re the self proclaimed expert track builder/conditions guru, I am now claiming the status of Vital Doctor and diganoising you as manic depressive. Make sure you take your meds before bed tonight.
That is completely unnecessary premix and not cool. You either didn’t read my multiple comments about how I feel or don’t understand. You are putting words in my mouth and twisting what I am saying. I never back pedalled. I just knew dc was upset so expanded on my thoughts and to keep the peace even though he was offended and became a smartass to me. I was actually pretty composed and mature about this whole thing and thought I made my point and thoughts pretty clear of where I stand. Sorry you didn’t get it.
Honestly I did not like the track but I understand why it was the way it was and it’s fine. Not a huge deal.
Ok I’m really out this time. Your comment was just mean and unnecessary. Happy Father’s Day. I’m going to spend some time with family now. This thread is stressing me out. Smile
Premix
6/17/2018 1:03pm
level wrote:
That is completely unnecessary premix and not cool. You either didn’t read my multiple comments about how I feel or don’t understand. You are putting words...
That is completely unnecessary premix and not cool. You either didn’t read my multiple comments about how I feel or don’t understand. You are putting words in my mouth and twisting what I am saying. I never back pedalled. I just knew dc was upset so expanded on my thoughts and to keep the peace even though he was offended and became a smartass to me. I was actually pretty composed and mature about this whole thing and thought I made my point and thoughts pretty clear of where I stand. Sorry you didn’t get it.
Honestly I did not like the track but I understand why it was the way it was and it’s fine. Not a huge deal.
Ok I’m really out this time. Your comment was just mean and unnecessary. Happy Father’s Day. I’m going to spend some time with family now. This thread is stressing me out. Smile
Which is why you continually are going back and editing and extending your responses?

But for real, I’m not a doctor, but you do need help.
Lightning78
6/17/2018 1:16pm
Ive only read through the first page but i didnt carw for the track either ruts aside it looke very herky-jerky (sp?) I like to see tracks that have sort of a continuous flow to them and those tracks can still be rough, the track just looked out of sync if that makes any sense
lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
6/17/2018 1:36pm
DC wrote:

DC
Racer X

level wrote:
Just like clockwork you can count on Level to start a negative thread about what he hates about whatever race just finished. Blush

Post a reply to: One of worst tracks I’ve ever seen

The Latest