One of those "WOW" moments

KDXGarage
7/29/2018 3:26pm
Would it be possible for all my fellow oldphucks and Euros, etc. to go start another thread about something OTHER than what this thread is about.
sidecar, Hughes, Bradshaw, etc. GO ON somewhere else. We are talking about current times and Tomac. Go on somewhere, please.

He had an awesome day!! It was wonderful to see.
ledger
7/29/2018 4:15pm
Eli's power rail will be forever etched in my mind. May sound corny but it was beautiful to watch. Poster worthy.
7/29/2018 4:57pm
KDXGarage wrote:
Would it be possible for all my fellow oldphucks and Euros, etc. to go start another thread about something OTHER than what this thread is about...
Would it be possible for all my fellow oldphucks and Euros, etc. to go start another thread about something OTHER than what this thread is about.
sidecar, Hughes, Bradshaw, etc. GO ON somewhere else. We are talking about current times and Tomac. Go on somewhere, please.

Lighten up buddy
Zycki11
7/29/2018 5:10pm
Crush wrote:
You gotta love how Eli sets about it too... The patient grind, drops the hammer, makes the pass and then does some crazy shit to sprinkle...
You gotta love how Eli sets about it too... The patient grind, drops the hammer, makes the pass and then does some crazy shit to sprinkle a little demoralisation.

It's crazy to think just two short years ago, Kenny was toying with Eli half the season, but it seemed different. He went fast so early so it always seemed out of reach.

Now, Eli has everyone mind-fucked for speed for sure, you're just not safe. Being caught that late from that far back must be hard to take.
I agree to an extent. When Kenny was on his game he was completely dialed in but in a different way. Kenny would grab a top 5 spot and have an insane amount of burst speed and blow by everyone so quickly. He would have a huge gap after 5 minutes. That's why the Kenny/Tomac battles are always entertaining. Two contrasting styles of racers who come together. I can't wait for next years outdoors. I hope Kenny has a good SX and carries it over to outdoors to challenge Tomac.

The Shop

7/29/2018 5:18pm
Totally reminds me of back in the day when we used to see roost bigger than them mountains.
Crush
7/29/2018 6:40pm
Crush wrote:
You gotta love how Eli sets about it too... The patient grind, drops the hammer, makes the pass and then does some crazy shit to sprinkle...
You gotta love how Eli sets about it too... The patient grind, drops the hammer, makes the pass and then does some crazy shit to sprinkle a little demoralisation.

It's crazy to think just two short years ago, Kenny was toying with Eli half the season, but it seemed different. He went fast so early so it always seemed out of reach.

Now, Eli has everyone mind-fucked for speed for sure, you're just not safe. Being caught that late from that far back must be hard to take.
Zycki11 wrote:
I agree to an extent. When Kenny was on his game he was completely dialed in but in a different way. Kenny would grab a top...
I agree to an extent. When Kenny was on his game he was completely dialed in but in a different way. Kenny would grab a top 5 spot and have an insane amount of burst speed and blow by everyone so quickly. He would have a huge gap after 5 minutes. That's why the Kenny/Tomac battles are always entertaining. Two contrasting styles of racers who come together. I can't wait for next years outdoors. I hope Kenny has a good SX and carries it over to outdoors to challenge Tomac.
Exactly what I mean. Kenny would just explode early and slice through the pack.

That 2016 outdoor season was probably top 3 ever in terms of displays of just going to the front immediately.

It's always weird to me that people say one is definitely better than the other... we've only really had 2013 as a yardstick where they're both healthy. Since it's been one or the other on the comeback really.
shredder22
7/29/2018 8:14pm
Crush wrote:

Zycki11 wrote:
I agree to an extent. When Kenny was on his game he was completely dialed in but in a different way. Kenny would grab a top...
Crush wrote:
Exactly what I mean. Kenny would just explode early and slice through the pack. That 2016 outdoor season was probably top 3 ever in terms of...
Exactly what I mean. Kenny would just explode early and slice through the pack.

That 2016 outdoor season was probably top 3 ever in terms of displays of just going to the front immediately.

It's always weird to me that people say one is definitely better than the other... we've only really had 2013 as a yardstick where they're both healthy. Since it's been one or the other on the comeback really.
Exactly. I hope Kenny gets back to 100% and I hope Eli stays healthy. If so then I dont see anyone else in the US on their level. And the battles we could see next year! I can't wait. That being said, I'm loving watching Eli kill it this year and Kenny is doing way better than I thought he would
mx295
7/29/2018 8:51pm Edited Date/Time 7/29/2018 8:54pm
mx295 wrote:
Anyone have a video of Ryan Hughes bowl turn at Washougal in 97-98?
jeffro503 wrote:
Thinking of the Bradshaw one?
Not sure, I always thought it was Hughes that railed the corner like Eli did but maybe it was Bradshaw I don't remember.
Bineano
7/29/2018 8:57pm
mx295 wrote:
Bradshaw, ‘96. Still the fastest (on the outside) I have ever seen through that corner :-)
7/29/2018 9:00pm
mx295 wrote:
Bineano wrote:
Bradshaw, ‘96. Still the fastest (on the outside) I have ever seen through that corner :-)
mx295
7/29/2018 9:02pm Edited Date/Time 7/29/2018 9:02pm
mx295 wrote:
Bineano wrote:
Bineano
7/29/2018 9:46pm
mx295 wrote:
Bineano wrote:
That’s it, yup.
Tomac is doing “next level” riding, no doubt...
but that Bradshaw rail, to this day. Holy Chit!
Thanks for the Vid!
Bultaco
7/30/2018 1:10am
Imagine that at at 100mph and you'll understand why the mile in flat track used to be so amazing. A few of the guys would run lap after lap in the cushion, spewing dirt like Tomac in this turn. Good stuff, then and now.
ehr400
7/30/2018 4:21am
KDXGarage wrote:
Would it be possible for all my fellow oldphucks and Euros, etc. to go start another thread about something OTHER than what this thread is about...

Agreed. The Eurotard 1" dick club has to come into every thread and add a certain riders name, stupid comparisons etc. Surprised more of the whizbangers havent showed up yet with their "unbiased" views.
NateDawg
7/30/2018 4:27am
ehr400 wrote:
Agreed. The Eurotard 1" dick club has to come into every thread and add a certain riders name, stupid comparisons etc. Surprised more of the whizbangers...
Agreed. The Eurotard 1" dick club has to come into every thread and add a certain riders name, stupid comparisons etc. Surprised more of the whizbangers havent showed up yet with their "unbiased" views.
They better hope Herlings dominates at MXoN, that's all I'll say.
ruy
7/30/2018 4:59am

Who is Tomac..?
observeroffacts
Fantasy
3725th
7/30/2018 5:21am Edited Date/Time 7/30/2018 5:22am
Tomac is on fire.

Technique is something that is most important to me as a rider and spectator (one of the main reasons I wasn’t a Carmichael fan). His ability to attack the track and let the bike move freely underneath him is uncanny.

Eli has something few others have with their training at the moment, and that’s brute strength with an insane amount of endurance on top of it. Most of these guys have the body type of a long distance runner or cyclist but Eli has more of a CrossFit type body. It’s working for him.
sclark309d
Fantasy
1944th
7/30/2018 5:27am Edited Date/Time 7/30/2018 5:28am
BSmooth13 wrote:
[img]https://i.gyazo.com/9801d63459a825fd6d53afa78cd16cb7.gif[/img] Watching in real time, after that ridiculous charge to catch KRoc, then the way he made the pass at the finish line, this corner was...

Watching in real time, after that ridiculous charge to catch KRoc, then the way he made the pass at the finish line, this corner was just....wow. You can kind of just look at the roost and hear the engine noise as he blows the corner out...again, just wow, that dudes talent is astounding.
I had moved down that way from Horsepower Hill to watch that moto and cut out early to beat the traffic if ET ran away early.

Well he didn't, so I was there all race, just outside the next corner.

ET passes KRoc, then pulls that outside rail instead of blocking inside in case of retaliation like most anyone else would.

I went "holy shit! Talk about in your face!"

I call the wife on the way home and the first thing outta her mouth was "Holy shit - did you see Tomac take that corner right after passing Roczen?" LOL

and that sure seemed to be a statement from Tomac.

Just wow. He is a joy to watch when he is getting after it.
KDXGarage
7/30/2018 11:22pm Edited Date/Time 7/30/2018 11:22pm
Oh well. It won't be long until some fossil says he was at this race and how much roost this racer kicked up:

EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1151st
7/31/2018 4:55am Edited Date/Time 7/31/2018 4:58am
A couple of other things... The single to flat before they get to the mechanic's area, and the launch into the sand, which the broadcast did no justice to how fackn' nuts that is.

:Edit Badshaw Cool

Post a reply to: One of those "WOW" moments

The Latest