One of the last nice days in these parts...

Related:
Create New Tag

11/23/2018 10:59 AM

Told Nancy ... probably a few bikes gonna be out this afternoon ...
Couple of Grom's just rode by ... the second one in a proper foot out wheelie ...
Thank you to whomever you are. You made my day.

36 and snow again Sunday afternoon.

Green Bay... such is life.

|

11/23/2018 11:05 AM

Let the image carry you for as long as it can!

|

vomiting equals disqualification.

11/23/2018 11:07 AM

And im over here in California complaining that it is under 70 degrees(at night)..... i don't see how you guys do it

|

twist wrist and go...

brad@palmspringsmotorsports.com

11/23/2018 11:10 AM

bradmx421 wrote:

And im over here in California complaining that it is under 70 degrees(at night)..... i don't see how you guys do it

Family and established careers.....

If my wife and I had liquid positions we could replace in 6 months - we would be loooooong gone from Michigan.

|

Washed up moto and enduro weekend warrior.

11/23/2018 11:18 AM

We got 11 inches of snow about a week ago. It never snows that much, this early in the year. 16° for the high today, low of 7°. Saturday is 40° with an inch of rain. Sunday is going to be 50...I will try and get one final ride for the year. PA weather has been a disaster this year.

|

Tomac and/or Anderson for 2020.....

11/23/2018 11:19 AM

bradmx421 wrote:

My mother, sister and brother are scattered between San Jose and Santa Maria. I am a northern California alumni living between Auburn and Grass Valley till 98. I love the region and visit from time to time, but this is home now. I don't ask for pity but rather revel in what makes us one.

|

11/23/2018 11:49 AM

BobPA wrote:

We got 11 inches of snow about a week ago. It never snows that much, this early in the year. 16° for the high today, low of 7°. Saturday is 40° with an inch of rain. Sunday is going to be 50...I will try and get one final ride for the year. PA weather has been a disaster this year.

We don't have that much snow but it was -15°C/5°F yesterday where I live. Today is better at -7°C/19°F. Still, that shit is way too early for this part of the country. Don't usually have snow until late December and we've had snow on the ground for like two weeks.

Supposed to warm up to a high of 3°C/37°F over the next couple days and then back to the single digit minuses next week.

I don't mind the snow, just hate the cold.

That said I don't think I could live where the seasons practically never change and it's also a lot easier to get warmed up than it is to get cooled off.

I used to enjoy winter since I could snowmobile, play hockey, etc. Nowadays it's hibernating with TV/Movies and gaming.

Used to moto 3-4 times a week from late March-early April to mid-late October so winter was a nice break.

Curious, for the guys that live in places where you can moto year round like California, Florida, etc. do you actually ride year round or take a break or two during the year?

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

11/23/2018 12:26 PM

Yep not bad in Wisconsin today . 40s and comfortable in a long sleeve t.

|

11/23/2018 5:29 PM

It’s been 30 degrees in Eastern WA for about a week and a half up until today 52 and sunny, had to take the xr75 out for a rip until the rain started to get in my eyes

|

11/23/2018 5:37 PM

I’ll take my triple digit summers over that any day in the week!

|

Never try to argue with idiots; they will only bring you down to their level.....and being more experienced, they will beat you at their own game!

2006 KX250

11/23/2018 6:56 PM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

We don't have that much snow but it was -15°C/5°F yesterday where I live. Today is better at -7°C/19°F. Still, that shit is way too early for this part of the country. Don't usually have snow until late December and we've had snow on the ground for like two weeks.

Supposed to warm up to a high of 3°C/37°F over the next couple days and then back to the single digit minuses next week.

That said I don't think I could live where the seasons practically never change and it's also a lot easier to get warmed up than it is to get cooled off.

I used to enjoy winter since I could snowmobile, play hockey, etc. Nowadays it's hibernating with TV/Movies and gaming.

Used to moto 3-4 times a week from late March-early April to mid-late October so winter was a nice break.

Curious, for the guys that live in places where you can moto year round like California, Florida, etc. do you actually ride year round or take a break or two during the year?

I’m with you on the snow. If it’s cold there may as well be snow. When it is just cold, it absolutely blows.

This much snow is unheard of in November....When it came down it was very dry and almost like Utah/Colorado snow. But overnight it turned wet and heavy...aka miserable to shovel/plow. This picture was from the following day.

|

11/23/2018 7:07 PM

BobPA wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:

BobPA wrote:

I’m with you on the snow. If it’s cold there may as well be snow. When it is just cold, it absolutely blows.

This much snow is unheard of in November....When it came down it was very dry and almost like Utah/Colorado snow. But overnight it turned wet and heavy...aka miserable to shovel/plow. This picture was from the following day.

Hate plowing snow when the ground isn't frozen, makes a mess out of everything!

|

11/23/2018 7:11 PM

Knew this was going to be a WI thread as soon as I seen the title. It was “nice” today.

|

11/23/2018 7:13 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/23/2018 7:13 PM

BobPA wrote:

I feel ya bob. We got about a foot of snow in North central PA. It was a high of about 15 yesterday and a low of 6 here. It did hit 20 at some point today though

|

11/23/2018 7:20 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/23/2018 7:21 PM

Don't miss those measures of snow at all, get mental enough when a couple inches fall out here. Kids are still in the CNY area and they can have it all.

|

vomiting equals disqualification.

11/23/2018 7:37 PM

BobPA wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:

I moto year round. I ride Motocross all year, but do as much off-road riding as possible, with every day of rain we get. I think we had about 15 good days of wet dirt last year, I’m hoping for more this year.
Meanwhile, they water and prep the tracks here.

My breaks usually happen because of injury. I’m nursing a couple broken ribs right now, or I’d be out racing A Day in the Dirt GP at Glen Helen. I’ll probably go watch the races tomorrow

|

11/23/2018 8:50 PM

BobPA wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:

langhammx wrote:

I moto year round. I ride Motocross all year, but do as much off-road riding as possible, with every day of rain we get. I think we had about 15 good days of wet dirt last year, I’m hoping for more this year.
Meanwhile, they water and prep the tracks here.

My breaks usually happen because of injury. I’m nursing a couple broken ribs right now, or I’d be out racing A Day in the Dirt GP at Glen Helen. I’ll probably go watch the races tomorrow

Breaks because of injuries absolutely suck. For me personally I found that taking a break during the winter was nice. It just made you want to ride even more when winter was over.

I guess in a way it's the same as when you're injured. Well, I guess that depends how bad of an injury a person has. Sometimes you just want to say fuck this sport, I'm done. Then you start feeling better, the sun is out, you decide to load up, go ride and remember why you love it so much.

There really is nothing like moto.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

11/23/2018 9:48 PM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

In AZ, we ride and Moto year round. Only time we take off is for hunting. In the hottest heat of the summer ( +115F), we still ride. Get up early, drink lots of water, use “air” gear to stay cool.

|

11/23/2018 10:56 PM

Do any of you bros ski or board? If I lived where it snowed, I’d be out carving.

Beats a minimum 2.5hr drive to the snow like we have in Melbourne, AUS.

|

11/23/2018 11:25 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/23/2018 11:26 PM

Double post.

|

11/24/2018 4:33 AM

-11 yesterday plus the white stuff here in New England.

|

"A rule is a rule and without rules, there is Chaos"....Cosmo Kramer

11/24/2018 5:36 AM

Never say never...this picture is from Dec 2nd last year in WI. Less than a week later I took my snowmobile for a ride.

|

11/24/2018 5:46 AM

BobPA wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:

BobPA wrote:

Ain’t much better next door here in the Ohio Valley. We get so much damn back and forth on the weather it about makes me sick. I’d go someplace with nicer weather too but my parents are 80 years old, live next door, and I have an established construction business all while both of my boys are going to go through Ohio University’s engineering program. So yea, I’m pretty bolted down here for a while.

|

11/24/2018 5:47 AM

It is all in the priorities
|

11/24/2018 6:15 AM

yak651 wrote:

Hate plowing snow when the ground isn't frozen, makes a mess out of everything!

You are not joking. I just had my bottom driveway widened, so there is fresh modified down. I think I pushed as much fresh stone into my yard as I did snow.

|

11/24/2018 10:06 AM

I count my blessings.

We had three nice days this week and I was able to do some yard work for a neighbor after work, removing leaves and a mow.

We have an indoor bicycle park and an indoor MX track here in Pittsburgh. There is a better indoor bike in Cleveland called Ray's.

They along with the PS4 and my AirDyne make winters more tolerable.

The cost of living in nice climate locales can just as easily wreck one's motocross riding opportunities. I'm happy I moved back home.

|

"Thank God my father wasn't rich."
-Hurricane

"You wouldn't take clay to Southwick, so why take sand to Red Bud?"
-DV

"I ride a two-stroke because I am Weigandt-level cheap"
-Me

11/24/2018 11:47 AM

premixjunky/Pauly G’s latest user name.....

|

11/24/2018 11:48 AM

APLMAN99 wrote:

premixjunky/Pauly G’s latest user name.....

|

11/24/2018 12:53 PM

Gunna be 77-95 today where I am, at my mums it will be 71-107, beautiful weather!!!

|

11/24/2018 1:00 PM

michigan not so bad. patiently waiting for enough snow for fun time to begin.

|