One of the finest examples of hillbilly engineering ive ever seen

Edited Date/Time 5/5/2018 10:43am
I love the brake pedal or lack thereof.....
The ergonomically correct hand position the reversed handlebars put you in......
Not sure if that's the kick starter extended way past the engine there......
The Recaro racing seat.....
And it seems like that engine mounting side with its aerodynamically designed fuel cell and the upright vented exhaust pipe is sagging quite a bit.....id hate to see what would happen if that square edge tubing came into contact with some warm asphalt.

link

link is here
|
make1go
5/5/2018 1:26am
theres some value in the vintage cr250 engine..
5/5/2018 6:04am
Agreed that is some "special" work, but before I could sign off on it being "fine hillbilly engineering," I'd need Vital's very own shine swilling, ornery, wizened old hillbilly to weigh in.

The Shop

hillbilly
5/5/2018 6:50am
That's a decent first try. To big a hurry.

I would used a vacuum fuel pump off my mower and sourced vacuum in front of the reeds mounting the tank low.

Cut the pipe and rewelded to point rearward.

Is the tank just sitting there? You ain't had fun till gas is all over you.

downard254
5/5/2018 7:04am Edited Date/Time 5/5/2018 7:05am
hillbilly wrote:
That's a decent first try. To big a hurry. I would used a vacuum fuel pump off my mower and sourced vacuum in front of the...
That's a decent first try. To big a hurry.

I would used a vacuum fuel pump off my mower and sourced vacuum in front of the reeds mounting the tank low.

Cut the pipe and rewelded to point rearward.

Is the tank just sitting there? You ain't had fun till gas is all over you.

And to be a real hillbilly, you need to be smoking a cigarette while the gas is all over you, or is that a redneck thing. I can’t remember anymore.
rallendude
5/5/2018 8:40am
In 1985 we'd have killed to have that in the garage.....
wreckitrandy
5/5/2018 10:43am
Something is wrong about it. The slicks are a clue. Wouldn't you have put knobbies on it Dave? I mean, that thing ain't coming out of my mater patch with those tires. Useless at best. Probably fake.
SEE ARE125
5/5/2018 11:22am
Something is wrong about it. The slicks are a clue. Wouldn't you have put knobbies on it Dave? I mean, that thing ain't coming out of...
Something is wrong about it. The slicks are a clue. Wouldn't you have put knobbies on it Dave? I mean, that thing ain't coming out of my mater patch with those tires. Useless at best. Probably fake.
Leave the front alone and put some Carlisle Strykers on the rear and it’s properly redneck fixed. Lol
PTshox
5/5/2018 11:32am
Looks perfectly safe to me.

Post a reply to: One of the finest examples of hillbilly engineering ive ever seen

The Latest