One for the history books

jackson222
8/27/2011 1:49pm Edited Date/Time 1/21/2012 7:35am
Absolutely unbelievable..

This whole championship I have been cheering on RV and Reed, but after that ride I can't help hoping that Dungey somehow pulls this championship off. He has had alot of issues this year out of his control in both SX and MX, but to watch that ride from half a lap down up into well inside the top ten, he showed amazing resilience.

We're definately lucky at the moment as fans to have the riders we have at the top of our sport.
|
hartebreak
Fantasy
246th
8/27/2011 1:58pm
huge props for him even getting on the bike. God knows lots of riders would have said F it and just watched. Then, not only did he get on the bike but the dude rode what could be one of the best moto's of his career. That race showed so much character and heart. Props to Dungey,
machine
8/27/2011 2:00pm
Yep, that rivaled RV's ride at Red Bud after crashing with a bent up bike, great ride.
MT MX
8/27/2011 2:02pm
This series is really reminding me of the lites class last year. Canard was gaining and gaining on CP until the last race of the season and then......................
Dungey just pulled a 'Canard' today
8/27/2011 2:02pm
jackson222 wrote:
Absolutely unbelievable.. This whole championship I have been cheering on RV and Reed, but after that ride I can't help hoping that Dungey somehow pulls this...

This whole championship I have been cheering on RV and Reed, but after that ride I can't help hoping that Dungey somehow pulls this championship off. He has had alot of issues this year out of his control in both SX and MX, but to watch that ride from half a lap down up into well inside the top ten, he showed amazing resilience.

We're definately lucky at the moment as fans to have the riders we have at the top of our sport.
couldnt of put it any better

The Shop

Scooby
8/27/2011 2:37pm
Legendary.
8/27/2011 3:59pm
Didn't Villopoto do something similiar at Red Bud with a bike falling apart in the scorching humidity and heat?
machine
8/27/2011 4:09pm
Didn't Villopoto do something similiar at Red Bud with a bike falling apart in the scorching humidity and heat?
why yes he did.
8/27/2011 4:16pm
machine wrote:
why yes he did.
Missed yours. Great minds just think alike. Cool
wawazat
8/27/2011 4:29pm
jackson222 wrote:
Absolutely unbelievable.. This whole championship I have been cheering on RV and Reed, but after that ride I can't help hoping that Dungey somehow pulls this...

Settle down turbo. Yeah it was a good ride, but really "one for the history books?" Your getting carried away with yourself. The guys he passed, he is supposed to pass.

Does it really suprise anyone that Dungey still raced? Where the h have you all been? Unless Dungey's bike is broke, or he is broke, the kid is going to finish the race.
8/27/2011 4:35pm
And let's not forget Villopoto's herculean effort at Red Bud.
redalert144
Fantasy
3058th
8/27/2011 4:45pm
Antipodean wrote:
Not to take anything away from RV, he hit the ground pretty hard and had a bent up bike, but he was at the tail end of the field. Dungey was about 10 sec. away from getting lapped on a 2min 20sec track. I believe that, that come from behind ride was far better than RVs, just my opinion tho
mattbmx63
8/27/2011 4:48pm
just got home from the race. dungey was on a mission and flying, but still have to give barcia credit, he was flying
8/27/2011 4:52pm
Antipodean wrote:
Not to take anything away from RV, he hit the ground pretty hard and had a bent up bike, but he was at the tail end...
Not to take anything away from RV, he hit the ground pretty hard and had a bent up bike, but he was at the tail end of the field. Dungey was about 10 sec. away from getting lapped on a 2min 20sec track. I believe that, that come from behind ride was far better than RVs, just my opinion tho
Good point. So, what's even more awesomer than herculean? I know, we can refer to Dungey's effort as God-like. This could be appropriate on many levels - as long as it isn't taken too literally.
Gonzo0100
8/27/2011 4:58pm
When was the last time 3 riders put on such a show. Sure people tried but this is a show. Great for ratings, decent for the factory humpers, pure gold TV. GGs, GGs.....
skidsteer16
8/27/2011 4:59pm Edited Date/Time 8/27/2011 5:44pm
Antipodean wrote:
I think Dunge took "hurculean" to a new level.

Villo was already up to 34th by lap 2 at redbud, he finished the moto 9th, and his average lap time was 4 seconds off the winners. (and it was the first moto)

Dungey started 2/3's of a lap down from everyone, had to be flustered as shit from the situation at hand (quite different from being high on adrenaline from a crash), was still in 38th after lap 2, worked his way up to 7th, and had an average lap time only 4/10s off of Barcia's who was out front the entire time!
8/27/2011 5:36pm
Antipodean wrote:
Not to take anything away from RV, he hit the ground pretty hard and had a bent up bike, but he was at the tail end...
But RD was advantaged by the fact that the track was muddy and slower which allowed Dungey to catch-up faster. Why is it that one cannot praise RD without denigrating another rider? I thought RV's ride at Red Bud where guys were going much faster was awesome. I thought CR's ride at Millville after that horrendous get-off was unbelievable. Just praise these guys for putting it out there each and every week for our entertainment. I thought RD's ride was awesome today. Some of you guys act as if this is totally out of character for RD. The guy's a champion and will always compete until he can't.
Jake-247
8/27/2011 5:39pm
But RD was advantaged by the fact that the track was muddy and slower which allowed Dungey to catch-up faster. Why is it that one cannot...
But RD was advantaged by the fact that the track was muddy and slower which allowed Dungey to catch-up faster. Why is it that one cannot praise RD without denigrating another rider? I thought RV's ride at Red Bud where guys were going much faster was awesome. I thought CR's ride at Millville after that horrendous get-off was unbelievable. Just praise these guys for putting it out there each and every week for our entertainment. I thought RD's ride was awesome today. Some of you guys act as if this is totally out of character for RD. The guy's a champion and will always compete until he can't.
Best post I've seen in a while.

Post a reply to: One for the history books

The Latest